September 20, 2014 | 908 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 9:54:00 AM More reviews by soverysarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great body moisturizer for the winter, but don't use it on your face because it will clog your pores. I used it on my face for about 3 weeks at night and started noticing pores outside of my t-zone were getting comedones - Not good. But works very well for dry winter skin on the rest of your body. Mix it with a bit of water for a perfect texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by peachez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My skin was dry, itchy and very sensitive, and this product was a life saver. It is not too rich for my oily t-zone, yet moisturises my dry cheeks really well! I was only able to get hold of the huge tub, they don't sell it in tubes here. I don't like the tub because of the hygiene issue, and with so much product, by the time I get to the bottom of the tub it's probably going to be germ ridden. Nonetheless I would definitely repurchase because it does exactly what it is supposed to do- gently moisturise dry and sensitive skin. If you are looking for a product that does other things besides moisturise, then maybe you should look at layering this product with serums (that's what I do); overall a very good basic moisturiser!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by jessijesse

this is the best product for my eczema. My body tends to develop eczema, especially during hot, humid weather. I bought it because of the hype, but I forgot to use it. then, when my eczema flared up, I remembered this product and applied all over my body. what a relief! The itchiness and the redness were reduced! this cream is fastly absorbed into the skin and has a nice scent too, almond-like scent. HG product!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by xoxpinkxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The amount of positive reviews this had really intrigued me to try this out. Sadly, I won't be one to give a positive review on this. As much as I wanted to love this, it irritated my skin so much. I guess the plus is that it didn't break me out. Another plus is that the smell is very pleasant. However, it really did make my skin red and itchy. I've used this more than several times on different days just to give it the benefit of the doubt and it continued to do that. Finally, I switched back to the other moisturizer I was using and my skin felt back to normal. It really surprised me because judging from the outside it looks to be pretty gentle and something anyone can use. Looks can be so deceiving. I'm so disappointed that this just didn't work out for me. If you do try this, make sure to buy the smaller tube before deciding on buying the huge jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by mikee888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This product is really great. it is extremely gentle and works well on my combination, sensitive skin. at first, i didn't really get on with this product because i thought it was to thick, but as a night cream, this is fantastic. i have also found that this is really great to use over my ecxzema creams. it is very moisturizing and calming on the skin. i find this a bit too thick for day time, but this is perfect for night time.

i would reccomend this to anyone interested in trying it!!:)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by bbana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My lottle girl has eczema, I tried everything on her, this is the only thing that helps her dry skin. Now everyone in my house uses it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by keepitreal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this cream off and on for many years. Although I have oily skin, I am also super sensitive and it is way too easy for me to screw up. Whenever such screw ups happen (over exfoliation or dryness/dehydration), this is what I reach for. It is simply a bland cream that quickly calms and returns my skin to its normal state. I have never experienced break outs from it, but then again I don't use it on a regular basis. This also works as a lovely hand and eye cream. If you did not like or get on with Cerave, this is a great alternative. I always get the small tubes from Walmart to avoid any hygiene issues that may arise from the tubs.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by LindaMei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

To start off, I have sensitive, acne-prone, oily/combination skin. I'd recommend this product to anyone with sensitive, acne-prone, dry to normal skin.

I've found that this product can be used on the body, face and hands. This product is available in two sizes - 3 fl. oz. tube or 16 fl. oz. tub. As for the 3 fl. oz. tube, the packaging is sanitary and the small opening allows for the desired amount to be easily dispensed. The product is thick; perfect for those with dry to normal skin. I experience dry spots on my face during the colder months and after exfoliating, and I've found this to be the perfect solution. I don't use this as a daily moisturizer, since I have oily/combination skin and I've noticed my face appearing oily after several hours upon using this product. However, the morning after I exfoliate and apply this, my skin feels hydrated, and appears radiant and smooth. When I use this during the warmer months, I dilute it with a small amount of water to prevent the thick and heavy feeling of the product on my face. On the flip side, when I use this during the colder months, I add a small amount of argan oil to give my skin a healthy glow.

The product is unscented and claims to be non-comedogenic. I have not experienced breakouts or problematic skin as a result of using this product, and I have gone through three tubes and two tubs of this product. I've found a tube lasting anywhere between six to eight months, and a tub lasting anywhere between eight months to a year.

I have been using this product for a little over four years and am glad I stumbled upon this product. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Kimmeh5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is way too greasy, it broke me out and clogged my pores terribly. I can't believe how my skin reacted to this stuff. I'm having to relearn my skin after quitting the ole smoking habit, and this has been the worst thing I've used on it. Took around 2 weeks, give or take, to get my break outs to calm down even a little. (With using a lot of greek yogurt masks to sooth the inflammation, too.) I am absolutely not a fan. The similar priced Cerave moisturizer also broke me out, but not even half as bad as the Cetaphil moisturizer did. Going to try to use up the giant tubby of it on my body and force my husband to help me use it up.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by hanako20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My skin:
My body can get really itchy and irritated, don't know why :( I used Jergen's Ultra Healing moisturizer for a while, but it stopped helping. >_< For a few months I've been using Aveeno Skin Relief and it hasn't helped much.
My face is dry and really sensitive, so finding a moisturizer that doesn't irritate it somehow is challenging. I have trouble with redness too =/
The product:
Wow, this is amazing. It feels thick but creamy so it's easy to move around (not in the way that you wipe your concealer away trying to blend it) and it absorbs quickly. It did not irritate my face... It feels so nice! I also dont think this will break me out because it doesn't feel like its clogging my pores. Honestly I'm not sure yet though. I really hope that doesn't happen but if it does I'll just use this as a body lotion.
UPDATE: I stopped using this on my face because I found Olay complete for sensitive skin, but I really use this on my body after a shower to trap moisture.