August 20, 2014 | 1628 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Kabuki Face Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by katie925

I love this brush! It works great! I bought it at Target. The price was pretty cheap and the hair seems to be of high quality! It is a good value. I would recommend this to anyone!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 5:00:00 AM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I couldn't really find a use for this brush because I have a brush for every step of my makeup routine already. However, this works extremely well for my pressed powder which I carry in my makeup bag for touch ups. Let's face it the circular pad most pressed powders don't work well because you are applying it in concentrated patches on your face. This bruh delivered product very evenly, non cakey, and naturally! It could be the powder but I just love the end finish this brush and my milani face powder or multitasked produced. You definitely get bang for you buck since this brush is incredibly soft, dense and hasn't shed yet!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This. Is. Perfection. In. A. Brush.

I do not like long handled fluffy complexion brushes, I find they are more often than not hard to control and flimsy. I got this from a friend who had too many kabuki brushes.

This may sound weird, but I really like the two-toned bristles. The black ones at the tip tell you how much product is on the brush, so if you need to tap some off you know. The white ones are also good indicators of how dirty the bristles are, the more beige "stained" they are the dirtier it is!!

It is SO soft. I am not kidding, better than some higher-end brushes of its kind. It isn't quite bunny fur soft, but it is damn close!!

This has also never shed a hair. I wash it weekly and it never budges. It has also kept it shape shockingly well. Every other kabuki I have ever owned has "drooped" after about 2 months of use and washings.

You can get this at Target now too and it is a great deal for 3 bucks (I think it's 3 bucks...)!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by girrlbot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This feels like a little cloud on my face! It's so, so soft!! It's the perfect density, too! I use it everyday :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by sunnyfuusunflower

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this little brush! It's soft, gathers and applies product well, easy to use, doesn't shed, and it was only $6!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by gpgroupie1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Awesome brush! Soft, durable, and works so well! I regret all those years without it. My foundation looks flawless every time I apply it with this brush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

This is truly one of the best makeup brushes that I own! It's brush hairs are totally soft. Also, it perfect to use to apply both pressed and loose powders onto the face. When it comes to this brush, there is not one single con that I can think of!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by juelzmain22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the softest kabuki ive ever felt, the 1 i had b4 was complete crap compared to this 1, its super soft yet dense and it doesnt hang onto product lyk a lot of other brushes, it disperses all traces of product on ur face, afterwards it doesnt even look dirty, this is a nice brush for only 3$

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by summerloveeeeeee

I bought this Kabuki face brush online. When I got it, I was really surprised. It's small (i think this is the standard size, lol)! I'm really surprised that this brush is really dense and soft. I use this for my blush and bronzer, and it really works great! Even if I wash the brush, it is still soft and fluffy. And i really think this brush is easily dried after you wash. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by macmuse

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had bought two of these, to keep one as a spare. For minerals, I had stopped using Everyday Minerals because it just didn't look natural, and always had a cakey look on my skin with other brushes I've tried kind of crepey and such.. Interestingly, this kabuki makes Everyday Minerals look good!

But then, the other day I was wondering if I needed the second brush after all since it's not the only kabuki brand I have. I was going to package it up but then I realized they felt different. So, I thought I'd test them, so I used one for one side of my face and the second one for the other side. Well, they actually are different! One is denser and kind of made my face darker, like more circulation in the skin. The second brush felt looser and less dense and put a nice light coating of minerals on the skin.

In any case, even the denser one is not dense as the MAC 182, but I do really like the way it applies the powder. It feels really soft on the face and now I see that there may be a variance between brushes, because my two are definitely different in the way they apply and in the way they feel on my face when I swipe or buff it. I even buffed my hand and they felt different. However, both can be useful.

I've come to the realization that all brushes do different things with different makeups and different skin, so it really is a matter of experimenting before jumping to any kind of conclusion. Many times I have dismissed a makeup for being lousy (or a brush being lousy) but that same thing might be incredible when paired with the right tool.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No