Maybelline Color Sensational - Born With It

3.8

Lanolin Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Oleyl Erucate, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), PPG-5, Lanolin Wax, Acetylated Lanolin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Alumina, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylic Acid, Isobutyl Acrylate, Isobornyl Acrylate Copolymer, Fragrance, Pentaerythrityl Tetra Di T Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Alcohol, Tin Oxide, Mel (Honey), Polyethylene Terephthalate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Pearl Powder, Dimethicone, May Contain (+/-):, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470)

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Really digging these Maybelline lipsticks. I heard on Youtube that "Born with it" is a dupe for MAC's "Hue", and since I was running low on "Hue" I figured it was a good time to try out these lipsticks.
The quality of these lipsticks are amazing. I wouldn't have been able to tell that these were drugstore lipsticks because they are so pigmented and yet very creamy and moisturizing. When I put this lipstick on, it feels like I'm wearing lipbalm.
The finishes of these Maybelline lipsticks are more around lustre finishes if you compare them to MAC lipstick finishes. It's not matte but at the same time the colour isn't as sheer as MAC Glaze finishes. You done get some shine from these but not sparkle or sheen, more like shine that you get from something very moisturizing.
The colour range is pretty big for a drugstore lipstick. There are browns, pinks and reds. Each colour family has a good selection of colours to choose from.
After googling swatches and reviews I decided that I'd get "Born with it", to compare it with "Hue" as well as "Pink Please".
"Born with it" is so not a dupe for "Hue"!! Hue has a lot more peach undertone and it is definitely a nude lip colour, whereas Born with it has a pinkier undertone and more neutral.
If you want a lipstick that you can wear everyday with any look, then Born with it will do.
Pink Please is brighter and pinkier than Born with it and MAy be a dupe for MAC's Angel.
I paid $8 for these Maybelline lipsticks and you get 4.2 g. MAC lipsticks are around $14 for only 3g.
I am definitely going to buy more of these Maybelline ones! Highly recommend it!

on 8/2/2010 1:42:00 PM

I LOVE this color!!! This lipstick is so creamy and pigmented. Does not dry out your lips at all. Gorgeous color and looks great on most skin tones. Looks great alone or under lip gloss. Bought 3 other shades in the Maybelline Color Sensational line. Love 'em all!

on 7/28/2010 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love Born With It! It's such a beautiful pink color.It's not "Barbie" colored and looks great on me, and I'm NC15. It smells good too, like vanilla. Yum. I adore all the Color Sensational lipsticks and I'm really glad I picked this up. I will certainly buy this again.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I'm really not even sure why I bought this, because I never wear frosts; I guess I was expecting a pretty nude. The color is way too chalky and light for me (NC15). I never really thought I had super-pigmented lips, but with this color, you can totally see through to my lip pigmentation, and it doesn't mix well with the lipstick at all. Perhaps it would look better if I wore foundation over my lips first, but that seems impractical. If I go out to eat or something and want to touch up my lipstick after the meal, I don't want to have to bring along my foundation and touch that up too.

Also, the glitter is a bit much. It's not a subtle shimmer at all, but full-on chunks of silver glitter that migrate all over your face. Unfortunately, I'm not trying to look like a disco ball.

on 7/19/2010 9:05:00 PM

this product isn't HG, but its definitely a favorite. since i'm a makeup rookie, this natural color is a must-have. and since my lips are naturally pigmented, this color adds a tint of pink and a hint of shimmer = really pretty. get this color ! it really looks good on everyone!

on 7/19/2010 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this lipstick. The color is a perfect natural looking lipstick for me. The little bit of sparkle in it also adds to the cute and pretty look.

on 7/7/2010 2:35:00 AM

On my quest for a pinky-nude I came across this gem. I love this lipstick. It is my perfect summer color. Love the sweet fragrance of this lippy and such a creamy texture. I've been wearing it everyday for the past week. It looks great with a bit of peach petal on the bottom lip for extra shine in the evening or on it's own for the day. Love it, love it, love it!

on 7/3/2010 4:37:00 PM

Nice lipstick! This is a nice light pink color. Staying power is pretty nice. It's a nice consistency- not too dry and glides on smoothly. Love the sweet vanilla type of scent. Little bit of shimmer in this shade but a nice color.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a nice color, not too drying, however the shimmer makes it a little gritty. I would not repurchase however because it's a common color that isn't the most flattering, but not the worst either, pretty basic.

on 6/28/2010 8:13:00 PM

This lipstick color just didnt look right on my skintone im light yellow ish. But its a great color for lighter skin tones and probably darker ones. It has glitter on it, but not too much. Its like a light nudey pink.

Recommended for Medium Skin