April 20, 2014 | 977 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by debrich

I can't tell you how much I love this product!! I only use it once a day with the gentle scrubbing head and I do not use it to remove my make-up. I remove my make-up first with a gentle facial cleanser (Purity or Cetaphil) then I go over my cleansed face with the Mia. I use it to exfoliate really....it is much more of a treatment for me....if my face gets a little funky, which it does from time to time, I just back off the Mia for a few days. I am so happy that this product came on the market...it just helps all the products I use on my nightly skin care regime absorb soooo much better. No more weekly facials to give me this same feeling. I can just get all the benefits of the cleansing part of my facial at home. I hope I never have to be without it! Thanks Clairsonic!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2013 7:43:00 AM More reviews by AthenaStone

As much as I want to love this, I don't. It's great as an exfoliator, makes my skin feel softer, and although it takes off most of my makeup, it doesn't prove worthy of it's claims. It hasn't made my blackheads any less notable. It irritates my acne and makes my face red for long periods of time. I don't have sensitive skin either. If anything this has made my acne worse than it was. I've been using my Mia for over eight months now and have seen no difference in the appearance of my skin though it does feel "cleaner" after I've used it. The first week I used the product I thought it was fantastic because my face had never felt a deep clean but after a few months it just felt abrasive. Although I would recommend this product as a cleansing device I would not recommend it to someone hoping to improve the quality of their skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by 30betterthan20

I have combination and acne prone skin. I have been using Clarisonic Mia once a day for the past 6 months with the sensitive brush and I really noticed improvements in my complexion.
It allows better absorbtion of face creams (in my case anti-acne cream which I use every night) and of face masks.
After the first time I used it my skin was significantly softer. However, I needed 2 weeks to see improvements with regard to my acne. Also, when I went on vacation and did not use it for teo weeks, my acne started to reappear, and it was only after one week of reusing it that it got better. So consistency is the key to better skin!
As I use the sensitive brush, I also use a face scrub 1-2 times weekly, plus the PMD once every 2 weeks, and this combo really suits me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by lbxgreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a nasty oily t-zone, and acne prone skin. I've suffered from acne since I was in middle school. My acne over years have improved by trying out different products but most of them didn't help. Then, one day I searched online and noticed how this product had good reviews. I decided to go out and buy it for myself. It's been a month now. The Clarisonic Mia helps clean my pores! I love how it's portable, for traveling. My mild acne hasn't disappeared yet but I still have hope. I'm still waiting for another few months to see results.

Update: This product is amazing! There should be no bad reviews for this because they have a variety of brush heads for different skin types. And how your skin will look will depend on what cleanser you use with Clarisonic.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by emilyh8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased the Clarisonic after reading so many positive reviews about it. I love this product! I have been using it for about 4 and a half months. I have extremely acne prone skin and a lot of blackheads and congestion around my nose. I read so many reviews that said that the Clarisonic will help clear this. This was not wrong, after about 3 weeks I saw a noticeable improvement in reduced blackheads and my skin looked remarkabley cleaner and clearer. I still get bad break outs but they're just hormonal. My skin looks healthier and glows after using the Clarisonic. I find that my skin creams are absorbed a lot better after using the Clarisonic!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I'm really disappointed that I ever bought in to this system. Like everyone else, I bought this product because there is so much rave about it everywhere you look and everyone is saying how fantabulous their skin looks, feels and behaves now that they've used it and honestly, who doesn't want skin that great? I did too so I spent a hard earned $139+ tax on this and I just really, really regret it. I bought it 6 months ago and I use it every single day, morning and night. I use it with a cream or milk cleanser since I have dry flaking skin and I really don't notice a difference since I started using this. I still need to exfoliate once every 3 days or so to truly get away any dry skin, I get the same amount of flaking and the same amount of acne...moisturizer does not absorb into my skin any better or worse than it did before. It just does absolutely nothing for my skin and for that much money that is just not acceptable. I have considered trying some of the different brush heads with my clarisonic but I really don't see the point. The brushes go for $25 each and how much more am I going to have to buy into this to see no results? I think I'm going to sell mine. I really don't recommend this, it does not live up to hype.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by holmqpj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A little about me...I didn't start getting acne until I was 20 and it was always isolated to my chin area. I would get 2-4 per month and they were huge and took weeks to shrink. I had excellent success with birth control pills, antibiotics, and Retinoids over the years. I don't have a problem paying for high end or prescription products if I believe they will help my skin. But at age 33 I began to worry about the side effects and long term consequences of taking these pills. I decided to stop taking them and experienced some pretty horrendous breakouts. I kept using my Atralin, but alone it didn't seem too effective on the acne. I still use it for anti-aging though. I added in Panoxy 4 and La Roche Posay effaclar duo (US version). These helped but I still wanted that perfect antibiotic/birth control complexion I'd had all those years.

So about 6 months ago, I did it! I bought the clarisonic mia and the acne brush head. It took about a month for everything to even out. My skin hasn't been this consistently clear since I was a teenager. I still get a little zit here and there if I get lazy and don't keep up with my regimen, but these are tiny, concealable, and clear within a day or two.

A side note...In the past i've had a lot of issues with sensitivity and redness. I avoided Benzoyl Peroxide and Clarisonic for years because of my concerns and bad reviews. I still can't tolerate certain formulations, but for some reason i've never had any issues with these products. At the most, I get a little dry and flaky, but even that is a rarity and nothing a little moisturizer won't fix.

Good luck!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by dustdrops

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using my Mia for a year and I had my ups and downs with it. I initially didn't like it because I thought it wasn't working. When i first used it I liked how it made my skin feel, which was soft and smooth. I didn't experience the "purging" phase that most people experienced, which probably contributed to my thinking that it wasn't working. However, the Mia just does what it claims to do, which is to clean your skin very well. It also helps the products that you use after to fully absorb into your skin, thus making them work their best. It's not supposed to clear acne because it's a brush.

If you use the right products for your skin type, the brush will make those products work the way they're supposed to. Now I get compliments on my skin and even though my skin isn't perfect, it's definitely a lot clearer and smoother than 5 years ago. Most of the time I don't need to wear foundation anymore, perhaps just concealer for any stubborn hyperpigmentation. Even if I do have to wear foundation for special occasions, a sheer coverage one works well to perfect my skin. My favorite brush head is the Acne brush.

Despite giving this 5 stars, I actually see this as more of a 4.5 because of its price. Clarisonic brushes all work well but they're very expensive. The brush heads aren't cheap either. The Skinsonic by Sirius Beauty works just as well as the Clarisonic. However, I didn't completely take off a star because the Mia is very durable. God only knows how much I've dropped this thing and yet I only have one scratch on it haha.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Sarahjuang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use the Exposed skincare line and before that I used proactiv, when I was using these kits, I felt that progress was extremely slow, so I bought the Clarisonic Mia hoping that it could help my skin and it really does! I can tell an immediate difference in my skin when I use my Clarisonic. It can be a drag, especially when it is late at night and I am super tired, but it really cleanses my skin extremely thoroughly and helps keep my acne under control. I would buy this again, even though it was extremely expensive, because I feel that if I didn't continue using it, my skin would keep getting worse no matter what face wash or lotion I used. I can't say that I know anything else similar to this that is good because I haven't tried any other product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by latviangirl4567

Ok. So I've heard a lot of good and bad review about it because I kept hearing so many people talk about it! I really wanted it from what I was hearing. So I finally got it and let me tell you, you are going to LOVE it! Like for real, I can't go a day with out it. Your skin is just going to look sooo much better and brighter. And if you have acne scars, those will go away because mine did and I was so surprised! Plus, it also clears up your acne! I stopped using it for a bit and my skin got worse so I defenately knew that I had to keep using it. Go get it now!!!!