MAC Lustre in Syrup

4.4

on 4/21/2011 1:20:00 AM

I am IN LOVE with this shade of pink. It is the first shade of pink that actually looks "natural" on my lips. I have fairly pigmented lips, and most shades of pink are either too light and sheer, and don't show up unless I use Mac Liperase, or are so thick and opaque it just screams PINK!

This shade and formula is wonderful. It compliments my fair-medium, asian skintone nicely and is moisturizing, without being lipbalmy. I wish I tried this shade sooner, as it is definately an HG product for me now.

on 4/13/2011 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is such a nice shade that would suit any complexion. It's a soft kind of pink, moisturising, relatively shiny lipstick. Love it so much!

on 3/14/2011 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have never really tried lipstick before, I only used lip balms. But I have decided to buy a lipstick, and I went to MAC to try out Hue since everyone was talking about how great it is. But it didn't work on me, it's too pale. I told the lady that I want something that looks more natural and more pink, and she told me to try out syrup, and it just looked amazing. It's not too pale, not too pink, the color is just right. I'm Asian so my skin is kinda yellow, and this one looked really good.
I thought the price wasn't too bad. I mean, it's decent for a lipstick in such a great quality.

on 3/8/2011 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I love this lipstick! Its more than what I expected. I went to the MAC counter looking for an everyday wearable pinky mauvy toned color that was buildable. This is exactly that. Its more purpley than expected but its very subtle. Its creamy and glossy (MAC Lustre) and not drying at all. You dont need a lip liner or a gloss. Its a really a low maintanace lip look. You put it on straight from the tube and you're good to go. It got 4 lippies insted of 5 because I think the staying power is not as great as expected. Given the price the staying power should be better. But overall its a really great lipstick and I have no regrets.

on 2/19/2011 4:55:00 AM

I was looking for a MLBB shade, the first MA who assisted me selected a shade that was a little too brown for me, the second MA recommended Syrup when I told her I wanted something more pink. I love it, paired with Mac liner in Dervish it has a more mauve appearance, when alone its more pink, like my lips got a subtle "oomph." Overall I am very pleased with this lipstick, it is similar to Viva Glam VI SE however it is not as saturated.

on 2/8/2011 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My absolute favorite everyday lipstick. The colour itself is fabulous, on me it comes off as a pinkish red shade that is a "my lips but better" color for me as well. My lips are very pigmented and very red, and this works wonderfully. It does not overpower my pale complexion, and it really looks natural, meaning that it does not contrast so much with my features to the point where it looks like I am wearing something, but really gives me a nicer lip. The formula is wonderful, very smooth and not drying at all, yet it lasts a decent amount of time. I would not go so far as to say that it is moisturizing, but it has never sapped my lips of moisture which is an A+ in my book.

on 1/30/2011 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the exact color of my lips, so it's great to slap on when I want to look put together and not overdone. MAC describes this as a cloudy pink, which I guess is pretty accurate. I do get a little purple from this, but nothing ridiculous looking. This pretty much evens out the color of my lips and make me looks all neat and nice. Standard lipstick bullet, nothing you'd be embarrassed to whip out for touch ups. I think all MAC lipsticks smell funny, but I can live with it. It's a handy shade to have on hand. Nothing earth shaking, just nice.

on 1/29/2011 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my favorite toned down pink lipstick. It is a cool-toned pretty pink that goes very well against my cool toned skin. It's not a very bright pink, but it's more than, say, hug me. This lipstick is very similar to Viva Glam VI SE, at least applied. It is slightly glossy as it is a lustre formula.

on 1/19/2011 9:21:00 PM

This is such a beautiful colour. A cool mauve, looks quite purple in the tube, but due to the lustre finish, goes on the lips to leave a light stain, almost with the shine of a gloss. Once the initial shine wears off, the violet hue will stain your lips, even pigmented ones like mine. I have dark blonde hair and blue eyes, and this really brightens and brings out the blue in my eyes, and because it is blue toned, whitens the teeth. Feels super comfortable on the lips, great staying power.

I can't rate this well for price, it's $60.00 in my country. But it would be WELL worth the $14.50 it is in the States. The packaging is the normal tube from MAC's permanent line, the 'bullets'.

Will certainly repurchase

on 12/31/2010 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is my favourite MAC lipstick so far, and the one to reignite my interest in the brand’s lip products. Usually I find MAC bullets ridiculously drying, zapping all my pleasure in the wonderful colours of them. Syrup is ‘your lips but better’ on me, being just the tiniest bit darker than is natural. Almost imperceptible. My boyfriend has cocked his head at me inquisitively when I wear this, unsure whether he can see lipstick or not. He doesn’t like the tacky feel of gloss, so this is a good compromise for me, if I want to be kissed. The colour itself lifts my face, which is warm but very fair, with blond hair framing dark blue eyes. I’m listing that in case it helps someone. I was surprised this one suited me so well, as there is a tinge of mauve to it. Both I and the MAC sales assistant exclaimed when I applied it at the MAC counter, so surprised were we how well this seemingly unexciting colour worked. The lustre formulation is fairly moisturising, but I still wear it over balm.

Popular Lipsticks