October 30, 2014 | 1795 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by knightranch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I must join the ranks of the true believers and post my positive review of Syrup. A lovely cool medium pink color with a creamy texture, Syrup is an every day natural lip color for me. Great as a counterbalance for dramatic eyes and works equally well for light makeup days. So glad I found this gem! Will definitely buy this one again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I decided to try this lippie after a lot of recs from fellow Mua'ers, so i B2M for it. I have very pigmented lips so this lipstick is my, lips but better lippie. Its a lovely everyday lipstick for me , smells lovely and gives a glossy finish. love it .

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by squishycats

If you've never tried "mauve" or purple-y lipsticks (because you thought they would be unflattering), you shouldn't be afraid of this shade.

I would call Syrup a really sheer pink with slight mauve. It's very inoffensive, so I think this would look good on anyone.

I personally love sheerer colors; I wouldn't go for this lipstick if you like really pigmented lipsticks, or long-lasting lipsticks. The only downside to Syrup is that it doesn't last very long, maybe two hours at the most.

The price is pretty ridiculous to me, though. I wouldn't buy this again because I could probably get a similar-colored lipgloss for much cheaper and of the same quality and lasting power as MAC's syrup.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 2:30:00 PM More reviews by sbb444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

I'm in love with this color!! It's gorgeous and natural...it's a pink/purplish color. I wear it almost everyday and it's exactly like the color of my lips...only adds extra sheen to my lips which i love :) I was looking for a nude lipstick for a very long time and finally my search ends :) You don't necessarily need a lip-liner unless you're blending syrup with some other shade! It's more like a lip gloss...although I would still pick this over a gloss. If you want a everyday lip color...I'd strongly recommend this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by madddiemom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Maybe my favorite color of all time. It's just enough of a pop of color without being over the top. I can wear it everyday. It's a rich mauve. And the texture is luscious. It's so smooth and silky on. Looks great and feels great.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2010 2:41:00 AM More reviews by luanafp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a lovely color but didn't look ok on me. Too dark for daytime, too purple/berry on the lips.
I'm rating it 4 because of the texture. It goes on sooo creamy!! I can see how it'd look pretty on most people

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2010 1:39:00 AM More reviews by sunnyisland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

MAC describes this as a cloudy pink. This is a sheer berry pink mid tone lipstick with purplish undertones that gives a rather natural blush pink hue to lips. No brown overtones and absolutely no shimmer. Applying several layers would give a more purplish look. Quite close in colour to MAC's limited edition lipsticks -- Laugh A Lot and Viva Glam VI Special Edition. A bit more purplish and more sheer than MAC's Sweetie. Very pretty indeed for spring and summer. I love this colour and would buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by darkskyequeen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was excited about this colour after reading reviews... I was expecting more of a dark neutral with some mauve. It turned out that on my lips it just looked like a pinky red. Not at all what I was expecting.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by fionahz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Sadly, this just didn't flatter me. It looked like such a lovely colour in the store but it just had too much mauve in it to suit me. It is a soft mauvey pink which is too cool for my warm toned skin. Makes me look a little ill, which is a shame, because this lipstick feels nice. But, it sits in the bottom of my lipstick drawer and I take it out every now and then, try it on and wipe it off.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by afreenshahana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This was my first and favorite MAC lipsticks. It's the perfect everyday lipstick that can go with anything. I usually buy this shade for my friends bday gift. Can't go wrong with this colour, it goes with any skin tone. The lipstick it self is a luster so its very creamy and sheer. Its a mauve colour. Just love it!!