July 29, 2014 | 2148 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by darkskyequeen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was excited about this colour after reading reviews... I was expecting more of a dark neutral with some mauve. It turned out that on my lips it just looked like a pinky red. Not at all what I was expecting.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by fionahz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Sadly, this just didn't flatter me. It looked like such a lovely colour in the store but it just had too much mauve in it to suit me. It is a soft mauvey pink which is too cool for my warm toned skin. Makes me look a little ill, which is a shame, because this lipstick feels nice. But, it sits in the bottom of my lipstick drawer and I take it out every now and then, try it on and wipe it off.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by afreenshahana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This was my first and favorite MAC lipsticks. It's the perfect everyday lipstick that can go with anything. I usually buy this shade for my friends bday gift. Can't go wrong with this colour, it goes with any skin tone. The lipstick it self is a luster so its very creamy and sheer. Its a mauve colour. Just love it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2010 7:29:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful mauve dusty pink. I like the glossy finish and its about two shades darker than my natural lip color. A total MLBB shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2010 6:35:00 PM More reviews by PattyLovesMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love syrup lipstick by MAC. It's a great shade of purple with pink as well. Goes on sheer and easy to apply.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

my first MAC lipstick purchase. Love the lustre formula and the color payoff is wonderful for being a slightly sheer color.

The color can lean a bit purple on my lips, but most days it is a great every-day pinky MLBB shade.

Doesn't last long at all, so you have to reapply often. So goes it with the lustre finishes.

This is the lipstick I've used the most out of my entire collection. I might actually finish an entire tube of lipstick. One down...soooo many to go. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by fernandaalines

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Syrup is my new official favorite lipstick. More than that, I'd dare to say this is my favorite cosmetic ever. I've been in love with Faux - which is more on the nude side, for such a long time now, but also have been looking for for a more pinky shade of ls and this one just fits exactly what I was aiming at. Being a lustre, Syrup feels extremely comfortable on the lips, it's not drying at all and at the same time it adds a good amount of color, making me look brighter and healthier. It's definitely MLBB. If you're looking for a mauvy pink, with a glossy finish, you should definitely give Syrup a try. This is HG beyond any doubt!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by JoSummers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A sweet sheer pink lipstick. This lipstick is somewhat sheer and therefore doesn't have a high level of pigmentation. It goes on smooth and lasts a decent amount of time. It shows up on my lips as a neutral pinky mauve. I wore this on my wedding day, and it worked well for me. A nice pink neutral color, but nothing to write home about. I tend to prefer more pigmented lipsticks, so I'm not sure this is for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 8:43:00 AM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Personally, I cannot wear all those nude lip shades that are in the usual beige hues- Creme D'Nude, Myth etc- for example, MAC's Blankety makes me look ill/ washed out and my teeth yellowish. (For ref, I am very pale, NC15, with brown hair).

So, I got this lipstick instead and it is perfect. The shade is a nude pink with a cool undertone and a tiny touch of mauve mixed in- a very similar shade to what my lips naturally are. It is a fab MLBB shade for me. Plus the Lustre formulation isn't drying like some other MAC lipsticks can be. It looks great alone or with a bit of Underage lipglass on top (dotted on and then evened out by smooshing lips together) and it stays put for hours without feeling dry or uncomfortable.

Love it, and will repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 5:25:00 AM More reviews by auraceen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first lipstick and I love it. Lipsticks usually intimidate me because it seems like one wrong move and it's totally obvious that my lips aren't all natural. This color is a shade or two darker than my natural lip color and goes great with anything. I love the finish and scent. It goes on smooth and reapplies well. I will definitely buy this over and over again!