E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Isododecane, Cylopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 11/27/2011 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I love the Urban Decay Primer Potion but it is too heavy duty and costly for everyday use. I decided to purchase a more natural primer and this one had good ratings. It is so darn cheap, i said what the hell I'll try it. This beyond exceeded my expectations, I have to say it does a good job at keeping the makeup in place all day. However, it is not as good as the UDPP on the long run. I have slept a few times with my makeup and in the morning the makeup had run whereas with UDPP it stays in place overnight. I know this information is meaningless since no sleeps with their makeup but just thought I would say it lasts all day but not 24h. Will definitely repurchase. Good job ELF:)

on 11/26/2011 11:30:00 PM

The only primers I have ever tried are this one and ELF's $1 primer. I really couldn't tell much of a difference between the two except this one seems more creamy. This is the only primer I would ever buy. It does it's job and it's $3. It's perfect.

on 11/19/2011 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

For a very inexpensive primer, this has far exceeded my expectations. It applied very evenly and is very lightweight. The medium shade that I got will make any shadow color pop out for any skin type. The only thing is that this primer takes a little more while to dry than typical primers. Wait at least 3 minutes so the shadow does not look muddy. I also did not like the packaging (kind of unimportant because it's $1 and works decently) as the tube with the applicator is a breeding ground for bacteria, so make sure you wash your face/around the eye area before application. Use fingers to spread it over your lids.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

For me this was a very good product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my eyeshadow did fade a little bit throughout the day but i'd rather have that done then my eyeshadow creasing on me. BUT IT SOO WORTH IT BECAUSE IT'S CHEAP!!!!!

on 11/5/2011 9:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a good primer for very natural sheer looks, because it doesn't make the eyeshadow colour stand out as much as a mac paint pot would. So far it tends to keep colour on for a while, I don't think it could manage it all day though =\

on 11/2/2011 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Yes it is totally comparable to UDPP. Trust me, I was very skeptical when I purchased this, especially for my oilyoilyoily lids but it proved me wrong. I guess with ELF products it's either very good or very bad. And this is one of their star products. I'll probably never go back to UDPP. And it's dirt cheap.
I'm not a huge fan of the packaging though , I would prefer a tube texture where the primer can be squeezed out. Oh well.
Application: Put a few dots on eyelids. It has a very creamy texture and it is super blend-able. After you have covered your eyelid with it, wait for a while for the product to dry. Approximately 2-3 minutes. It will finish up to a matte texture, than you can put on your eye shadow and they won't budge or crease till you remove them.

on 10/10/2011 2:42:00 PM

I recently started getting oily lids, and this made any shadow look awful, no matter how HE it was. Saw reviews on this, and thought it is so cheap, I will try, as I only have 3.00 uk to loose. So glad I did. I put four dots on each lid, pat/blend it from lash to past crease, and let it dry for about a minute. It covers any veins that show through the skin of my lids, and my shadow stays put with no creasing or shifting from 7.30 am until I take it off at bedtime, with no sign of oilies at all. Will def repurchase :)

on 10/8/2011 3:35:00 PM

Great product! Soooo cheap and it actually works and last throughout (almost) the whole day!

on 10/8/2011 3:32:00 PM

I like the sponge applicator and super easy application. It dries fairly quick and definitely holds my eyeshadow in place without messing with the color. No creasing after an 8 hour workday. Definitely my go to eye primer. Will buy again.

on 10/5/2011 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Excellent primer. Cheap, great packaging.

For a week now I've been using UDPP on my right eye and this ELF prime on the left.

The results are the same. When my UDPP runs out, I'll just buy ELF.