April 17, 2014 | 1767 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Mineral Eyeshadow Primer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by iheartchikn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product! Soooo cheap and it actually works and last throughout (almost) the whole day!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by kristina5475

I like the sponge applicator and super easy application. It dries fairly quick and definitely holds my eyeshadow in place without messing with the color. No creasing after an 8 hour workday. Definitely my go to eye primer. Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 2:33:00 AM More reviews by sbgitana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent primer. Cheap, great packaging.

For a week now I've been using UDPP on my right eye and this ELF prime on the left.

The results are the same. When my UDPP runs out, I'll just buy ELF.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by SMG1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This really isn't a bad primer. I bought it with not really high hopes, but it surprised me. It kept my eyeshadow from creasing (most of the day, by night it was starting to let up) my shadow looked bright and it evened out my eyelid tone. It isn't as good as Urban Decay or Benefit but still for $1, it works pretty darn well. The formula is a little more watery than i would prefer, i feel the thicker creams work best, but again for $1 the performance is good.
Conclusion: I recommend to have in your collection as a back-up or to use on days where you are not wearing a full eye, that way your more expensive primers last longer and you don't have to shell out $25 as often. OR if you are just starting out with make-up or in general don't wear much eye make-up this is perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by pbock72

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used a few primers and this one is just fine for the money. Not the best and not the worst.
For $1 I am planning on picking up a few more next time I am at Target because I feel like it didn't last that long... about 30 applications or so... which again for the money is AWE$OME!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by franktommyquaker

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is not as good as UDPP but for $1 it is perfectly good. It does not make your eyeshadow pop like UDPP does but it does help your shadow wear longer without creasing. Over all for the price I do recomend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

When I discovered E.L.F did an eyelid primer, I couldn't wait to try it out especially as it's a lot cheaper than UDPP (which I LOVE!). However, I was a bit disappointed with this primer - I felt the consistency was quite watery and it took a lot longer than UDPP to 'settle' onto my eyelids. I also found that the colour of my eyeshadows didn't 'pop' in the same way that they do when I use UDPP and that I had to apply more eyeshadow to get the colour to show up, even with darker shades. I wouldn't compare this to UDPP as I think they are in completely different leagues, but the E.L.F primer did work - by the end of my working day I had no creasing and my eyeshadow was still in place. If you're looking for a cheap alternative to UDPP, then I would recommend giving this a go.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 2:03:00 AM More reviews by mandy_mann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I will give this a qualified yes based in it's performance. It helps eye shadow stick to your lids and makes your look long wearing beautifully.

However, it gave me a dermatitis outbreak on my lids. If you don't get the same reaction, good for you. But it does perform well as a shadow base. I, myself, wont buy it again based on the reaction I had but I will still recommend it if you don't experience that problem.

If you do react the way I did, some OTC hydra cortisone carefully applied to your lids will clear it up in two days.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by EvilyKyoko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked the $1 ELF eyeshadow primer better. I feel this formula is a bit more runny and takes longer to settle before putting on eyeshadow. It's staying power wasn't too impressive either. But try the dollar one, its comparable to UDPP!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by sara942

Don't let the $3 price tag deceive you; this is a great primer. I've tried the Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer but I think they're both comparable in results. Both make my eye shadows pop (even though the ELF primer dries rather sheer), both keep them crease free for ~6 hours, and both are creamy and easy to smooth onto the lids. My only complaint is that the wand is too short to scrape the product at the bottom of the tube. However, for the price, it doesn't really matter. I've never tried UDPP so I don't know how it compares but with how well this works for $3 I don't think I'll be looking elsewhere.