October 24, 2014 | 921 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Mineral Eyeshadow Primer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by janathelamb3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The only primers I have ever tried are this one and ELF's $1 primer. I really couldn't tell much of a difference between the two except this one seems more creamy. This is the only primer I would ever buy. It does it's job and it's $3. It's perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2011 2:26:00 AM More reviews by miiiamiu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For a very inexpensive primer, this has far exceeded my expectations. It applied very evenly and is very lightweight. The medium shade that I got will make any shadow color pop out for any skin type. The only thing is that this primer takes a little more while to dry than typical primers. Wait at least 3 minutes so the shadow does not look muddy. I also did not like the packaging (kind of unimportant because it's $1 and works decently) as the tube with the applicator is a breeding ground for bacteria, so make sure you wash your face/around the eye area before application. Use fingers to spread it over your lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 8:48:00 PM More reviews by CocoChaneljeanelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For me this was a very good product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my eyeshadow did fade a little bit throughout the day but i'd rather have that done then my eyeshadow creasing on me. BUT IT SOO WORTH IT BECAUSE IT'S CHEAP!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by CarriexR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good primer for very natural sheer looks, because it doesn't make the eyeshadow colour stand out as much as a mac paint pot would. So far it tends to keep colour on for a while, I don't think it could manage it all day though =\

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Natisawesome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Yes it is totally comparable to UDPP. Trust me, I was very skeptical when I purchased this, especially for my oilyoilyoily lids but it proved me wrong. I guess with ELF products it's either very good or very bad. And this is one of their star products. I'll probably never go back to UDPP. And it's dirt cheap.
I'm not a huge fan of the packaging though , I would prefer a tube texture where the primer can be squeezed out. Oh well.
Application: Put a few dots on eyelids. It has a very creamy texture and it is super blend-able. After you have covered your eyelid with it, wait for a while for the product to dry. Approximately 2-3 minutes. It will finish up to a matte texture, than you can put on your eye shadow and they won't budge or crease till you remove them.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by jackplusfour

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recently started getting oily lids, and this made any shadow look awful, no matter how HE it was. Saw reviews on this, and thought it is so cheap, I will try, as I only have 3.00 uk to loose. So glad I did. I put four dots on each lid, pat/blend it from lash to past crease, and let it dry for about a minute. It covers any veins that show through the skin of my lids, and my shadow stays put with no creasing or shifting from 7.30 am until I take it off at bedtime, with no sign of oilies at all. Will def repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by iheartchikn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product! Soooo cheap and it actually works and last throughout (almost) the whole day!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by kristina5475

I like the sponge applicator and super easy application. It dries fairly quick and definitely holds my eyeshadow in place without messing with the color. No creasing after an 8 hour workday. Definitely my go to eye primer. Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 2:33:00 AM More reviews by sbgitana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent primer. Cheap, great packaging.

For a week now I've been using UDPP on my right eye and this ELF prime on the left.

The results are the same. When my UDPP runs out, I'll just buy ELF.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by SMG1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This really isn't a bad primer. I bought it with not really high hopes, but it surprised me. It kept my eyeshadow from creasing (most of the day, by night it was starting to let up) my shadow looked bright and it evened out my eyelid tone. It isn't as good as Urban Decay or Benefit but still for $1, it works pretty darn well. The formula is a little more watery than i would prefer, i feel the thicker creams work best, but again for $1 the performance is good.
Conclusion: I recommend to have in your collection as a back-up or to use on days where you are not wearing a full eye, that way your more expensive primers last longer and you don't have to shell out $25 as often. OR if you are just starting out with make-up or in general don't wear much eye make-up this is perfect.