August 21, 2014 | 1191 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Mineral Eyeshadow Primer

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by CarriexR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good primer for very natural sheer looks, because it doesn't make the eyeshadow colour stand out as much as a mac paint pot would. So far it tends to keep colour on for a while, I don't think it could manage it all day though =\

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Natisawesome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Yes it is totally comparable to UDPP. Trust me, I was very skeptical when I purchased this, especially for my oilyoilyoily lids but it proved me wrong. I guess with ELF products it's either very good or very bad. And this is one of their star products. I'll probably never go back to UDPP. And it's dirt cheap.
I'm not a huge fan of the packaging though , I would prefer a tube texture where the primer can be squeezed out. Oh well.
Application: Put a few dots on eyelids. It has a very creamy texture and it is super blend-able. After you have covered your eyelid with it, wait for a while for the product to dry. Approximately 2-3 minutes. It will finish up to a matte texture, than you can put on your eye shadow and they won't budge or crease till you remove them.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by jackplusfour

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recently started getting oily lids, and this made any shadow look awful, no matter how HE it was. Saw reviews on this, and thought it is so cheap, I will try, as I only have 3.00 uk to loose. So glad I did. I put four dots on each lid, pat/blend it from lash to past crease, and let it dry for about a minute. It covers any veins that show through the skin of my lids, and my shadow stays put with no creasing or shifting from 7.30 am until I take it off at bedtime, with no sign of oilies at all. Will def repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by iheartchikn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product! Soooo cheap and it actually works and last throughout (almost) the whole day!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by kristina5475

I like the sponge applicator and super easy application. It dries fairly quick and definitely holds my eyeshadow in place without messing with the color. No creasing after an 8 hour workday. Definitely my go to eye primer. Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 2:33:00 AM More reviews by sbgitana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent primer. Cheap, great packaging.

For a week now I've been using UDPP on my right eye and this ELF prime on the left.

The results are the same. When my UDPP runs out, I'll just buy ELF.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by SMG1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This really isn't a bad primer. I bought it with not really high hopes, but it surprised me. It kept my eyeshadow from creasing (most of the day, by night it was starting to let up) my shadow looked bright and it evened out my eyelid tone. It isn't as good as Urban Decay or Benefit but still for $1, it works pretty darn well. The formula is a little more watery than i would prefer, i feel the thicker creams work best, but again for $1 the performance is good.
Conclusion: I recommend to have in your collection as a back-up or to use on days where you are not wearing a full eye, that way your more expensive primers last longer and you don't have to shell out $25 as often. OR if you are just starting out with make-up or in general don't wear much eye make-up this is perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by pbock72

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used a few primers and this one is just fine for the money. Not the best and not the worst.
For $1 I am planning on picking up a few more next time I am at Target because I feel like it didn't last that long... about 30 applications or so... which again for the money is AWE$OME!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by franktommyquaker

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is not as good as UDPP but for $1 it is perfectly good. It does not make your eyeshadow pop like UDPP does but it does help your shadow wear longer without creasing. Over all for the price I do recomend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

When I discovered E.L.F did an eyelid primer, I couldn't wait to try it out especially as it's a lot cheaper than UDPP (which I LOVE!). However, I was a bit disappointed with this primer - I felt the consistency was quite watery and it took a lot longer than UDPP to 'settle' onto my eyelids. I also found that the colour of my eyeshadows didn't 'pop' in the same way that they do when I use UDPP and that I had to apply more eyeshadow to get the colour to show up, even with darker shades. I wouldn't compare this to UDPP as I think they are in completely different leagues, but the E.L.F primer did work - by the end of my working day I had no creasing and my eyeshadow was still in place. If you're looking for a cheap alternative to UDPP, then I would recommend giving this a go.