E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Isododecane, Cylopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I adore this primer!!!! It does take a while for it to dry when you put it on, I wait about 1 minute and then I put on my shadows. I find that the colors are really more vibrant and the staying power is amazing with this! The reason I gave this a 4 is because some days I get creasing after it's dry so I have to run my finger over the primer again for the creasing to disappear and some days there is no creasing at all. I really like this primer and I highly recommend, and for the price tag I can get 24 of these for the cost of 1 UDPP!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

For $1, you get .15 OZ of product. Urban Decay's Primer Potion is roughly $24 (CAD) and contains .37 OZ of product. I was pleasantly surprised by how well this E.L.F. primer performed throughout the entire day. Upon my first application, things were looking grim because it caked up in the fine lines on my eyelids immediately. I blended it out and let it set for a couple of minutes. I followed with my eyeshadows and hoped for the best. At the end of the day, my eyeshadows and eyeliners were looking just as nice as they did at the beginning of my day. Don't put too much on as it may cake up. Just a thin layer will suffice. I've always been so faithful to UDPP, but of this $1 bargain continues to impress me then I'll be turning to this instead. I wish this packaging was in a squeeze tube because then I could cut it open and dig out the remaining product like I do with UDPP. (Hey, every little bit counts!)

I have bought tubes of this product multiple times already. Besides just a primer, it also does a bit of brightening and concealing for me. I'm pretty pale, so this matches pretty perfectly to my skin.

As a concealer, it works great. I use it alone and it doesn't crease at all.

As a primer, it's very finicky. There have been days where it doesn't crease at all and days where it creases near the middle of the day. It has something to do with the initial application of the primer, I just probably need to let it set longer.

All in all, this primer works fine for me. If you need your eyeshadows to stay and you don't mind paying a bit more, go for higher end ones.

I've been playing around with this product for a long time now. As an e/s base I find it to be satisfactory but not great; I use it fairly often but it's absolutely not my favorite. However, I've found a use for it and it performs fantastically - as an undereye concealer primer!!! A swipe of this on my inner eye corner and beneath my eyes up to my lashline - blend, let dry, then apply concealer. I find my concealer - even those that don't perform very well - go on soooo smoothly, cover better and last all day. I love this under NYX's Concealer Jar, under mineral concealers and heck, now that I've been using a liquid foundation (Rimmel's Lasting Finish), applying this Mineral Eyeshadow Primer under my eyes, even your FOUNDATION covers undereye circles well! I need much less concealer this way! I also dab this on scars and spots so that concealer and/or foundation adheres better to cover them. So I've purchased several tubes for my stash and travel bag. My one complaint is that inevitably the soft tip of the wand splits and the hard pointed plastic tip breaks through - and it's sharp! So I end up swiping the product onto my fingertip and applying it rather than using the want itself. This is so annoying to me!!! But the $3 price and the great performance as a concealer primer makes it a wonderful product. Do try it for this purpose, and I hope you love it as I do!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Great eye shadow primer for the price. I have used Sephora brand primer and Urban decays. Works almost as well as the more expensive primers. So for everyday use I use my elf primer. Special occasions I whip out the Urban Decay.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I love the Urban Decay Primer Potion but it is too heavy duty and costly for everyday use. I decided to purchase a more natural primer and this one had good ratings. It is so darn cheap, i said what the hell I'll try it. This beyond exceeded my expectations, I have to say it does a good job at keeping the makeup in place all day. However, it is not as good as the UDPP on the long run. I have slept a few times with my makeup and in the morning the makeup had run whereas with UDPP it stays in place overnight. I know this information is meaningless since no sleeps with their makeup but just thought I would say it lasts all day but not 24h. Will definitely repurchase. Good job ELF:)

The only primers I have ever tried are this one and ELF's $1 primer. I really couldn't tell much of a difference between the two except this one seems more creamy. This is the only primer I would ever buy. It does it's job and it's $3. It's perfect.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

For a very inexpensive primer, this has far exceeded my expectations. It applied very evenly and is very lightweight. The medium shade that I got will make any shadow color pop out for any skin type. The only thing is that this primer takes a little more while to dry than typical primers. Wait at least 3 minutes so the shadow does not look muddy. I also did not like the packaging (kind of unimportant because it's $1 and works decently) as the tube with the applicator is a breeding ground for bacteria, so make sure you wash your face/around the eye area before application. Use fingers to spread it over your lids.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

For me this was a very good product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my eyeshadow did fade a little bit throughout the day but i'd rather have that done then my eyeshadow creasing on me. BUT IT SOO WORTH IT BECAUSE IT'S CHEAP!!!!!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a good primer for very natural sheer looks, because it doesn't make the eyeshadow colour stand out as much as a mac paint pot would. So far it tends to keep colour on for a while, I don't think it could manage it all day though =\