April 17, 2014 | 1938 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Drama

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Anna7

Horrible. I was so excited to try it when I got it as a 100-point item from Sephora, because Lancome is supposed to make great mascaras, but this thing just plain sucks. You can't put it on without major clumps, it makes my lashes stick together like there's no tomorrow and, to make it worse (if at all possible) it crumbles after a few hours so my face gets all covered in little black spots. It ended up in the trash can, and not a day too soon.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Vlayra

I don't like this at all. It irritates my eyes and leaves black flakes under my eyes and face a few hours later. Don't recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Have used this since it came out. I have tried all the so called "best", Dior, YSL, etc. this one puts them to shame in my opinion. I don't know how some people apply it, but I use two coats and have absolutely no flakes. I like the brush shape also, perfectly curves to my eye lid shape. My lashes look long, thick and dark. Doesn't clump any more than other high end mascara's. If you have no patience and must apply layers upon layers before the first one dries, (about 30 seconds) then don't use this mascara. I do not use this on my bottom lashes, I use precious cells on those as it is a thinner formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by perfectionism

I love the sleek luxurious packaging of this mascara and the dark black color. There's a bit of a learning curve with the s-shaped brush but some practice it's great for getting both volume and length. It might weigh down my fine Asian lashes just by a little (I curl mine before applying with a shu) but not significantly enough for me to dock off points.

Girls who love definition may this to be a bit clumpy but I didn't notice any problems until the tube began to dry up a little. I didn't use a lash comb after application. Hypnose Drama would be 5/5 for me if only it didn't smudge! Most mascaras do smudge on me though. I did try these with different primers and still loved the look otherwise.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by NerdyLibrarianGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Sensitive? Stay away! I got this as a Sephora sample and took it traveling with me because of the smaller size. I used it for 3 days, as I didn't have any other mascara with me. It's got a ton of fragrance added! Why you would add fragrance to mascara is beyond me. It made my eyes water and itch all day. On the third day, I just threw it in the garbage.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by SHEMP1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my very favorite mascaras. I really love it! Only con? I would suggest the waterproof, b/c it does smudge a little after a couple hours.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Absolutely HORRIBLE. The brush is the most useless shape, and it smells awful. Do not waste your money! I wish I wouldn't have :(

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2012 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Beautyfeind7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This masara is my new favourite! I tried a tester of it and within 3 coats it made my lashes considerably longer.The only bad thing about it, is the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by girlcoolrocklo

Ladies, I worked for Lancome for many years! I have tried all of their mascaras and TRUST ME; if you want volume this is number one! Furthermore, how do you think that you can achieve really volumized lashes without some clumps?! Lets be realistic. By far the best, I tell my customers "big lashes, YES, with clumps, but in moderation!"

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by lauramergenthal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Mascara is one of those "no-duh" products. I can't imagine it's that hard to make a product that goes evenly on lashes, separates, volumizes, etc. I've always been skeptical about going into high-end mascaras, but since I was in Sephora, I figured I would give Lancome Hypnose Drama a try, particularly since my mom loves the WP version. Basically, this was a waste of $35 (especially since I can no longer find the receipt). Cons include:

1. The brush. You don't need to mess with a mascara brush, people. You especially don't need to turn it into a swirly loopy thing that in no way mirrors the shape of my eye.

2. The application. The first two times I put this on, it was heaven. Every single time since, it's been a mess. I think that the little fibers on it are maybe too short (?) or something, because I'm pretty sure that I'm just getting wand-application here. Seriously, it looks like I've shellacked my eyelashes with a paintbrush. I've never had to go in with eye makeup remover so often before. I've also never seen my eyelashes so clumped together.

3. The smell. Why does a mascara need to have fragrance, particularly one as cloying as Lancome's signature rose? These are my EYES. I do not want fragrance near my eyes.

After about 3 weeks of use, I gave up and bought Chanel Inimitable Intense, which has been a dream. Save your money and believe the bad MU reviews.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No