Maybelline Superstay

3.6

AWESOME PRODUCT!!! amazing for undereye circles, and i have severe acne scarring ( i mean severe, no joke), and it covers them up but i do need quite a bit because it is so discolored, however, it lasts a very long time. Dries very fast so be careful but the coverage is incredible and I love that it is so long wearing because i have oily skin and it is pretty warm out these days :) the superstay foundation is amazing as well!!

(Currently I am nw25ish, revlon photoready in 004 nude, and maybelline superstay in nude and the concealer light matches me nicely)

on 4/15/2010 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

So i love this product because I spend money and time trying to find the one concealer that would stay on and now I'm proud to say I DID!!!! It's great gives me great coverage stays put and a tiny bit is all u need otherwise it can look very caky so use I little bit blend it fast and good cause it gets dry fast. When is dry and done do not tuch or is going to look caky and very dry under the eye but it's a great product Im going to keep buying it and so yeah I do recommend it :)!!!!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've tried many concelaers in my time and this is one of a few that have worked for me. The price is great, around 6 dollars in Target.... covers up what I need covered without giving me that cakey look under my eyes, stays put all day, and just brightens up the under eye area. Being past 50 I thought that this concealer wasn't going to work because I do have those nasty fine lines but I was so pleasantly surprised.

on 3/31/2010 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Very nice concealer for a drugstore price. I bought this after watching several YT reviews & was intrigued. Prior to it, I'd been using Bobbi Brown's corrector, which is very creamy & a good color match for me, but alas, not enough coverage. For what I paid for the BB, I was open to finding a cheaper alternative that worked as well, if not better. I bought this in the shade Cream. I don't like that that it sets up so fast (you must work it in very quickly) but other than that, I'm pleased. I now use this over the Bobbi corrector - yeah I know-- 2 steps :( -- but I get long-lasting coverage that isn't cakey... finally! I would repurchase this concealer.

on 3/17/2010 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

When I first put this on I thought I had found my HG concealer. My hyperpigmentation scars were covered and my skin looked flawless. Then l looked at my face in a lighted mirror and the truth was revealed: not only was it super cakey, but it seemed to settle into every single pore and made them look HUGE. It looked even worse in the sunlight. It's also pretty hard to work with as it dries super fast. Plus, they only have 4 shades to choose from. I'm still using it to offset the dark yellow of the Mary Kay concealer I recently bought in my ongoing quest for the perfect concealer, but even combined with that it still sinks into my pores. I really wanted to like this concealer, but I definitely won't be buying it again.

on 2/25/2010 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I gave this a try since the reviews were so great and the sound of an oil-free long lasting concealer that covers fully drew my attention and so did the price. At Ulta there was a buy 1 get 1 sale so i got this and something else. I have to say I was impressed! Ive tried so many different concealers since I am obsessed with concealer and this one goes on so creamy but delivers great coverage. Also, it's hard to find a concealer that won't break you out and this one doesn't! It's also fantastic for dark circles! I'm going to try the Age Rewind double ended one next!

on 2/10/2010 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

While I adore my MAC and Time Balm, I am always looking for something better, cheaper and easier to purchase. I picked this up in Medium Beige as Maybelline was BOGO 50% off and I had gone in to buy the primer. This color matches my NW25-30 skin near perfectly and applies seamlessly. It does last 14+ hours on me without getting cakey or creasing. Doesn't make me breakout and covers slight imperfections nicely. I find I do have to blend this in quickly otherwise it becomes difficult to work with, and while the doe-foot applicator is convenient and "hygienic" (it's just me using it!!!) I prefer pots because I use my own brush. I would give it a 4 and a half as it is near perfect...but alas it doesn't quite get that status. I just like having this to use for my everyday look as I don't have to use up my expensive stuff. This is a great concealer and I will be repurchasing this one again.

on 2/2/2010 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Awesome concealer, replaced my former HG, Revlon Colorstay.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

It was an okay product. It had decent coverage. But, I had two very big problems with it. First problem: They have a very limited color selection so I could only use it under my eyes because it was too light for the rest of my face. (I got it in cream. The next darkest color was way too dark.) Which is a big bummer for me, because I'm looking for a concealer I can use for my under eye bags as well as blemishes and redness. Second problem: It dries SO QUICKLY. Usually when I put on my concealer, I dot it over the places I need it, then blend it out. With this concealer, I can't do that. Once I put it on my skin, I have to quickly blend it out before it dries and becomes impossible to even move around. Also, it can look extremely cakey. Usually when I wear this concealer, I have to dot a little bit of my foundation over it to make it not look as cakey. Overall, I don't think I'll be buying this product again.

on 1/28/2010 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this concealer! I have tried so many high end and drugstore concealers. My biggest request is that they not emphasize the baby fine lines under my eyes. I use Clarins Instant Smooth primer under all of my concealers, so it's important that any concealer I use play nice with the Clarin's (MUFE and NARS do not BTW).

I have this concealer in the shade Cream. It comes in a tube with a doefoot applicator.

I don't really have dark circles, but do like to have decent coverage under my eyes to help give me that well-rested look. I feel like this concealer delivers exactly what I want. I've been using MAC's Select Moisture Cover Concealer (NW20) and I do still love the MAD for a lighter coverage than the Superstay gives me.

Pros:
*Super creamy consistency
*VERY pigmented
*Doesn't settle into fine lines
*Blends wonderfully with all of my frequently used foundations and TM's (Lancome Tiente Idole Ultra in Bisque 2, LM TM in Nude, EL DW Light in intensity 3, and Maybelline Superstay 24 hour in Nude)
*Cheap cheap cheap
*Hasn't broken me out (yet)

Cons:
*Not a wide color range
*a little goes a LONG way
*takes a bit longer to set up than MAC

Verdict:
I use this concealer when I want more coverage than my MAC will give me. I'd say I use them both equally. This is a little more difficult to blend than my MAC, but I am in love with the consistency! It's so creamy and sets up so well! It doesn't budge at all especially when I set it with a powder.