July 26, 2014 | 946 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Superstay

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 1:08:00 AM More reviews by MsLips

I gave this a try since the reviews were so great and the sound of an oil-free long lasting concealer that covers fully drew my attention and so did the price. At Ulta there was a buy 1 get 1 sale so i got this and something else. I have to say I was impressed! Ive tried so many different concealers since I am obsessed with concealer and this one goes on so creamy but delivers great coverage. Also, it's hard to find a concealer that won't break you out and this one doesn't! It's also fantastic for dark circles! I'm going to try the Age Rewind double ended one next!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

While I adore my MAC and Time Balm, I am always looking for something better, cheaper and easier to purchase. I picked this up in Medium Beige as Maybelline was BOGO 50% off and I had gone in to buy the primer. This color matches my NW25-30 skin near perfectly and applies seamlessly. It does last 14+ hours on me without getting cakey or creasing. Doesn't make me breakout and covers slight imperfections nicely. I find I do have to blend this in quickly otherwise it becomes difficult to work with, and while the doe-foot applicator is convenient and "hygienic" (it's just me using it!!!) I prefer pots because I use my own brush. I would give it a 4 and a half as it is near perfect...but alas it doesn't quite get that status. I just like having this to use for my everyday look as I don't have to use up my expensive stuff. This is a great concealer and I will be repurchasing this one again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2010 9:21:00 AM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesome concealer, replaced my former HG, Revlon Colorstay.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by breathecaroline

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It was an okay product. It had decent coverage. But, I had two very big problems with it. First problem: They have a very limited color selection so I could only use it under my eyes because it was too light for the rest of my face. (I got it in cream. The next darkest color was way too dark.) Which is a big bummer for me, because I'm looking for a concealer I can use for my under eye bags as well as blemishes and redness. Second problem: It dries SO QUICKLY. Usually when I put on my concealer, I dot it over the places I need it, then blend it out. With this concealer, I can't do that. Once I put it on my skin, I have to quickly blend it out before it dries and becomes impossible to even move around. Also, it can look extremely cakey. Usually when I wear this concealer, I have to dot a little bit of my foundation over it to make it not look as cakey. Overall, I don't think I'll be buying this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by maddsox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this concealer! I have tried so many high end and drugstore concealers. My biggest request is that they not emphasize the baby fine lines under my eyes. I use Clarins Instant Smooth primer under all of my concealers, so it's important that any concealer I use play nice with the Clarin's (MUFE and NARS do not BTW).

I have this concealer in the shade Cream. It comes in a tube with a doefoot applicator.

I don't really have dark circles, but do like to have decent coverage under my eyes to help give me that well-rested look. I feel like this concealer delivers exactly what I want. I've been using MAC's Select Moisture Cover Concealer (NW20) and I do still love the MAD for a lighter coverage than the Superstay gives me.

Pros:
*Super creamy consistency
*VERY pigmented
*Doesn't settle into fine lines
*Blends wonderfully with all of my frequently used foundations and TM's (Lancome Tiente Idole Ultra in Bisque 2, LM TM in Nude, EL DW Light in intensity 3, and Maybelline Superstay 24 hour in Nude)
*Cheap cheap cheap
*Hasn't broken me out (yet)

Cons:
*Not a wide color range
*a little goes a LONG way
*takes a bit longer to set up than MAC

Verdict:
I use this concealer when I want more coverage than my MAC will give me. I'd say I use them both equally. This is a little more difficult to blend than my MAC, but I am in love with the consistency! It's so creamy and sets up so well! It doesn't budge at all especially when I set it with a powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 1:20:00 PM More reviews by morganito

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this along with the foundation in a set on clearance at Target awhile ago, and it was the last one so I got it despite the fact that it was one shade to light. So I don't use this as a concealer, I use it as a eyeshadow primer and it works well. I want to get it in the right shade so I can try it as a concealer, but for now this will do, it is lighter than my skin tone, so it works well for my lids and it evens out any darkness I any have on them. It keeps my shadow in place longer, and doesn't interfere with the color of my shadows. So far I like this, and can't wait to try it as a concealer....

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 12:45:00 PM More reviews by pinkclover

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this concealer!!! I have tried so many brands from drugstore to high end and this is the only one that does what is supposed to do. It covers really well, blends easily and stays put for hours! I am slightly oily in the t-zone and this area is usually where I have a need for concealer. I put it on any blemish or red spot early in the morning and it lasts me straight through to the evening. The consistency is not too thick or too thin. It's just creamy enough without being greasy feeling and although I am sensitive to a lot of ingredients this has not caused breakouts. It says 24HR on the tube and I don't know if it would last that long but I am extremely impressed with this concealer. I don't have any under eye issues so I have not tried it there. I wear NC20 in MAC and chose the ivory shade for this concealer. It's a bit light, but once it's blended and I apply loose powder and blush it's undetectable. This is definitely HG for me and because drugstore companies pull their products so quickly, I am definitely stocking up in case this is discontinued.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Buttercup89

24 hours? How about two?! This product definitely didn't live up to its claims of long-lasting concealer on my skin. It faded quickly, even when worn over foundation AND under powder, and it caked up under my nose, even though I don't overapply. I guess the search continues to find a lasting concealer...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by sugarbrokespice

This is a great concealer at a great price. I have recently gotten sick of paying a ton of money on cosmetics, so I've been on the hunt to find drug store brands that are comparable to my department store staples. I have been a devoted fan of Origin's Quick Hide! concealer, up until I discovered this little Maybelline gem. Superstay works just as good as my old Origins concealer, at less than half the cost.
Superstay does not crack or settle into lines at all. Where ever you put it is where it will stay until you wash it off. The bottle says that it has 24 hour staying power, and I believe it! Works great for hiding both blemishes and dark under-eye circles. Looks totally natural and flawless. Definitely glad I gave this one a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 12:45:00 AM More reviews by elastikgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS CONCEALER!!! i think i found my hg... i have dark circles, some days are worse than others! i usually have to put on a lot of concealer to hide my dark circles, then i have to reapply it throughout the day.. then whenever i put to much on it cakes, and it looks bad! with this i barely have to put any on, i just put a dab on each side and rub it in ( you have to rub it in quickly because it dries really fast) and it looks amazing!! it last all day and it doesnt cake at all!!! i dont think this is drying to my under eye area, but i always put eye cream on before i use anything! now it barely takes me any time to put on my concealer which before it did.. i LOVE THIS STUFF!!!