September 21, 2014 | 1645 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Too Faced - Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by gooliax

Absolutely love this stuff! Was offered a sample years ago at Sephora and have been buying it since. It makes my face so incredibly smooth, providing the perfect base for my foundation. This in combination with a setting spray means my make up lasts ALL night. Definitely a staple.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Neutral color. Fills in pores very well. Gives a smooth surface for applying foundation. I'm N10, and the slight tint still blends right in with even my very fair skin.

CONS: Not the cheapest. Really highlights any dry flakes. After using this for a while, I realized it was the culprit in some weird dry/red patches I was getting.

ALTERNATES: L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Primer (I think is the name) is cheaper and doesn't give me the weird red flakiness I get from this.

APPLICATION TIPS: Wait at least a minute after applying this before applying foundation. And when applying, pat it into pores.

REMOVAL TIPS: If you're prone to clogged pores, you may want to remove this with an oil cleanser before using your regular cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by camilla8

Maybe I'm using this wrong, but this stuff did nothing for me. The foundation on my nose rubs off quickly (before the rest of my makeup) and I was hoping this would extend the life of my foundation longer. I tried this several days on my nose alone and it did nothing, in fact I think my foundation wore off sooner. Would never buy this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Kmarji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this primer. It goes on smoothly, has no weird smell and a little goes a long way. It is a bit on the expensive side but it does come with a lot of product. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by judibean

This is the best mattifying primer that I've tried to so far, even better than the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer that others have raved about. I like that it tones down redness a bit and keeps my foundation matte for several hours. I do need to blot by late afternoon, but that's longer lasting than anything I've used before. I'm still using a generous sample from Sephora, but before I bite the bullet and get the full-size version, I want to also sample the newest version of the primer with the word Pure in it. This one is supposed to be oil-free. Sounds even better for oily skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by emsparago

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is a good primer. I wouldn't say it made my skin "poreless," (If someone finds a product that actually does that please let me know!!) but it does a good job of preparing my skin for foundation. It did not make my oily skin any oilier. It goes on super smoothly and a little bit of product goes a long way. Price wise? Definitely could be cheaper!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by coquetries

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the primer with the best results in appearance of all the primers I've used and the only flaw is that it’s not natural or preservative-free. It goes on smoothly, is a light fluid, has a tan coloring, and is packaged in an easy squeeze tube. Pores really do disappear with use of this primer under foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by glamglamglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I used this for close to two months, and I really liked it to help cover my pores. Unfortunately, it made my already oily skin super super oily, to the point where I bot billions of blotting powder and spent money on oil control things. When I ran out, I used it as an excuse to look for another primer, and actually started using Clinique Instant Pore Minimzer. I had tried it before, but didn't like it much. My skin texture has gotten a lot better, and this time it actually worked for me. I didn't realize until I used the Clinique how oily the Too Faced made me. It's kind of sad, because it is very smoothing (more so than the Clinique), but pore control is pretty similar (my sister actually said the Clinique blurs my pores more), and the Clinque controls oil much much better. I'm actually a little upset because I bought so many products for oily skin that made my face dry and powdery, when I could have found my HG foundation long ago and saved some money. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried this for about six weeks before I gave up. The reviews here on MUA were mixed, but a Sephora SA recommended this to me, after I told her I had redness from my rosacea. She told me that Primed and Poreless promises to soothe and even out skin tone, and they she herself loves the way it reduces her redness. I was very excited to try this product. Ultimately, I took it back and now I'm still on the hunt for a good primer.

The good:

-- It is smoothing when you put it on.
-- It didn't break me out or clog my pores, as so many products do. (Fussy skin!)
-- A little does seem to go a long way.

The bad:

-- It did NOTHING, and I do mean nothing, to combat or control my redness. Every time I put it on, I would wait to see some difference. Once in a while, I would actually feel like it increased redness, at least temporarily.
-- The tube doesn't feel very full. For $30, you should get way more product than 3/4 a tube!
-- After the second or third time I used it, I noticed that teeny little... pills of STUFF were gathering around my chin and jawline after I put on my liquid foundation. A different Sephora SA told me that that is common when you put on a lot of product, which I do not. I think this weird effect occurred because my skin is dry. I have a great hydrating moisturizer and a good serum, and I've never had this issue with any other primer, so I feel it's the TF product itself.
-- At the end of the day, this did nothing to improve the look of my makeup, or increase the longevity. I had many days in between uses where I'd skip this primer, and I felt my foundation (DiorSkin Forever) lasted just as long.

Obviously, I would not repurchase. My primer search continues, much to my frustration. I'm planning on taking Lisa Eldridge's suggestion and using La Roche-Posay's Cicaplast next..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

almost done with a tube of this...does the job but I bet there are a lot out there that do not...this feels less slick than the smash box primer to me, and that could be a plus for some people...I simply use this to keep my skin more even and to prevent direct contact with makeup...I find my skin to be less irritated when I use primer...I am leaning toward buying this again over others, tho the price is steep