September 2, 2014 | 1150 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Amber Lights

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2010 6:44:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This looks good with my olive skin and I like to mix it with my black and brown eyeshadows to give it more depth. It can be a bit garish for day sometimes, so I try to reserve this one for special occasions. It has good staying power and was easy to blend with my brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by spacecow17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this eyeshadow! If you are tan/olive skin with golden/yellow undertones, this is the perfect eyeshadow for you =). I don't understand why there are such mixed reviews for this shade, I guess it's not a color that looks good on all skin tones or eye colors? Amber Lights brings out my brown eyes and is perfect for an every day or neutral look. It works well with Satin Taupe, Coppering, Cranberry,Sketch, Espresso, and Soft Brown.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by SadAng3l

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this eyeshadow as I love MAC eyeshadows and I heard all the hype with people saying that this is a must have in your collection and what not.

When I read the description for it online, it described it as a "peachy, golden brown with gold shimmer". First of all, the colour description is way off. Its not a golden, peachy brown, its a bright, amber gold!

I don't like the colour of it at all to be honest. Its far too gold and doesn't look good on me either. Im too pale for it. It might look good on someone with darker skin though. Anyway in my opinion its more of a orangy colour that anything. I do like the texture and finish of it though but definitly not the colour.

Its also one that I could really do without. I don't class it as a must have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by bloodyroses

Got this shadow in a swap and I'm so glad I have it! I am a warm-toned colour magnet. It's the perfect gold for summertime! It's very pigmented and blendable. Love this shadow!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by ppinkrroses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure I'm entirely sold on this color yet. I went to mac wanting to get woodwink, but they didn't have it in the pan (which is what I wanted since I was making my own palette) and the woman who was helping me told me that this color was close to it--not sure about that but oh well. I do like it, and it looks really good with mac eyeshadow sketch (which is a purpleish color and amber lights is a bit orange so those two work well together). I said I would repurchse it again, and I think I would. It is a pretty color, it's just hard to use it and other colors. But it's very brightening--I prefer to use it on my inner eyelids and inner corner of my eye, rather than all over the eyelid--I think it's a bit intense for an all over color. I'm going to keep experiementing with it though and see what kind of looks I can come up with.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by hellomarshmallow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Amber Lights is a very orange-based gold color that's a frost finish, so it has shimmer in it. This one in particular has a lot of frosty-ness to it though as opposed to some of the other frosts, such as Satin Taupe (<3). It's very pretty though and it would look great on anyone with blue eyes because of the coolness of the color. It's very pigmented so a very light wash over your eye would be perfect. It's also a very pretty crease color.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by MochaB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this color. Its my HG bronze....HIP has a really good dupe, but I love this color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 12:17:00 PM More reviews by botitas1977

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

great eyeshadow. This seems to me like a lighter version of bronzed. This looks good with lots of mascara. I find it a little too red so i mix this with embark and it makes bronzed. I also have brozed so this was kind of a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by iamcrayon

LOVE this eye shadow. A must have in any collection. I love to wear it with Brown Script e/s.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2010 6:54:00 AM More reviews by blich10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This color isn't very original and you could probably find a dupe for a cheaper price. It's coppery tan color. But the wonderful thing about this eyeshadow is it's texture. It applies so smoothly and blends so well. I'm not partial to browns or tans so I don't use it much.