July 29, 2014 | 1753 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

I know a lot of reviewers don't care for this or had bad experiences but I love this face wash. I've repurchased 3 times already and always have a back up on me when I run out. This doesn't break me out and works good at removing make up after I remove with face wipes. This did burn my skin a little when I first used it, but it was nothing horrible and I have sensitive and oily skin also. My face feels a little tight afterwards but nothing I can't stand. My face just feels really clean afterwards and helps keep my break outs in check. It's a simple cleanser and its easy to get anywhere. However, I don't like the pump that much because its hard to travel with. You can lock it but its a pain to do anyways and you waste product. I wish they had little travel sizes in the travel section so I could buy those instead if having to dispense this in a little bottle when I do. The consistency is gel like and I apply a little at a time not a full pump in order for it to lather well. Once it lathers, it's fine. I will continue to repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by violetnights

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the "#1 dermatologist recommended cleanser"?? This stuff irritates my skin more than any other cleanser I've tried! Neutrogena in general just makes me break me out. After cleansing with this, my face gets terribly itchy and I get red patches all over my face. It is also drying. Just horrible all-around.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by aminamalika

I find this to be the only wash that neutralizes and minimizes my comedonal acne! My dermatologist actually told me to use this when I saw him last December, but I've been using it for months even before then! With the 2% SA, I find it enough to combat my oily and acne prone skin but not be too drying. I realize some people find it too strong so id recommend other cleansers, which usually have .5-1% SA or BP.

It's important to follow up with a moisturizing face lotion. In my case I need an oil-free one, but I make sure it's still provides some moisture.

I notice the cleanser can burn your eyes pretty bad if it gets in them or close to them. So be careful and make sure you rinse completely with luke warm or cold water.

Overall, it's a dermatologist-recommended cleanser with sufficient medication that works!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by missglamourcorner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, it broke me out at the very beginning. But I was just assuring myself that it was because my skin was adjusting to it. It got a bit better afterwards, but it never really gave me the skin I really wanted. I re-purchased it once before because I kept trying to convince myself it would work. However, it didn't.

- It smells awful
- It doesn't foam up well at all or lather so you can't really tell if the product is on your skin and working
- It always runs and finds its way to get in my eyes or on my lips
- The packaging sucks. The pump always breaks off and I can't find a way to put it back on as it was before.
- This also sucks to travel with. The pump makes it all leak out, making a mess and wasting the product.

Don't buy this.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Poxleitner123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Ughhhh. I cannot tell you how much i dislike this cleanser. If I could give it zero lipsticks I would. It did nothing for my acne and dried out my skin. Although it did help me discover my contact dermatitis -__- yaaaay. Will not be buying this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by GentleReader

My derm recommended this when I was going through a bad bout of acne a few years ago. I've since discontinued using it daily because it is just wayyyyy too drying. But I do continue keeping it around because this stuff seriously WORKS. The key is in learning how to make it work for your individual skin concerns.

I use it 1-3 times a week whenever my skin starts to look muddy or congested. After using it, my facial skin is so bright and clean it almost looks sparkly. It is truly amazing for opening your pores and deep cleaning them. If I have any surface acne lurking about, it's gone within a day or so of using this.

On the downside, it is extremely drying and I can only imagine very, very oily skins tolerating it on a daily basis. It also smells like dishwashing detergent, which in my book is not an attractive scent, but I suppose it's a small price to pay for clear skin. Just be sure to moisturize after using this or your skin WILL turn into the Sahara Desert.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by JerseyRoja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the only face wash that keeps my face clear. It can be drying but you must remember to moisturize your skin, especially in the winter. The aloe version is a little less drying. I use this once a day, night.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by joian

DO NOT USE. My face is very sore and itchy, i only used it twice and its burnt my skin and brought me out in spots. Never again will i use this product, its very powerful.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2012 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Cassiegarcia128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Recently my face started to break out so I decided to try a new product. I've been using this for about 3 weeks now and regret it. The first week I used it as directed, twice a day, but it dried my face out and made around my mouth sensitive and flaky. So I started only once a day and moisturizing more. But then my acne got worse, I stopped using this product three days ago and my acne has cleared up so much.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2012 3:34:00 AM More reviews by allybryant1

I used this two nights in a row, then I woke up the next morning with the itchiest skin around my jawline and on my chin and cheeks.
Skin is pretty inflamed and red with tiny little bumps all over it.
I have never had sensitive skin and my skin is usually slightly oily.
So disappointed with this face wash. Waste of money as it is already in the bin after two uses.
I would not recommend to anyone.