Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

2.8

Active: Salicylic Acid (2%), Other: Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance 07/2013

on 8/13/2013 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was hesitant at buying a cheap acne wash because I thought it wouldn't work. I use it once or twice a day to wash my face and I love it. It's not a miracle product, it won't make breakouts disappear completely, nothing really does...but even after a couple uses my skin just feels cleaner, fresher, smoother, and no annoying bumps. It doesn't dry my skin out, it has a low amount of salicylic acid which can be drying on some people. I'll leave mine on for 5 minutes straight while I'm getting ready for my shower and my skin might feel a tiny bit tight afterwards, but that's probably also due to the hot water. Great price too!

on 8/11/2013 10:53:00 PM

If you have sensitive skin, then I would not recommend this! Otherwise I'm sure it's a great product. I heard many good reviews so I decided to try it. I was my face two times a day and within a couple days my face was completely dried out! Although, a couple of my friends who have really oily skin have used and love it (:

on 8/2/2013 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was skeptic about this cleanser because a lot of people have claimed that this drys out your face, but I turned out loving it. I use this morning and night, after I use it, I put on my witch-hazel toner, and my olay moisturizer and I don't get dry skin at all! I've also noticed a change in the way my skin looked, I have less blackheads and whiteheads.

on 7/30/2013 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product is awful. I went from having oily skin, and after using this my skin did a 360 and is SO dry. It sucks because it's summer time, and my skin now feels tight, dry and is peeling :(. I will never purchase anything from Neutrogena again!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I don't know if this is just me, but i felt like i was rubbing hand soap on my face. Like, i was rubbing cheap hand soap you would find in a Wal-mart bathroom on my face. When i bought this product maybe a week ago, it was my first time using a cleanser that wasn't a cream cleanser. I had been getting random acne all around my face which is unusual because i don't get acne very often, so i needed something cheap and fast. My first thought was "Ew,i hate this already." but that was only because it comes out in a gel form, but when you lather it, it runs like it's in a marathon. It's runny, it smelled JUST LIKE HANDSOAP, it was very, very drying, but that's what salycylic acid does anyway, but i put on loads of lotion aftwerwards and wa still a bit stiff in the face. It's hand soap! It looks like handsoap,it smells like handsoap,it feels like hamdsoap. It didn't help a thing, if anything it made it worse. I was incredibly disappointed and stopped using after three days. I'll stick to my Neutrogena Deep Clean cream cleanser.

on 7/23/2013 9:31:00 PM

I always buy a new product for my acne that wont try my skin out. THIS failed at both! it helps KINDA make acne less noticable but as soon as i stop use it gets worst! then to top it off how pasty and nasty my skin feels afterwards. I'll be trying another face wash.

on 7/22/2013 12:13:00 AM

I have oily and acne prone skin and this doesn't help my face at all!!! It caused me more bumps then I had in the first place!!! I recomend the pink grape fruit acne wash it clears my face up in a day or two

I like this product so far, I have just a little bit of acne and it has been a little better since using this. It makes my skin really clean and fresh, not over drying at all. It smells great and lathers well, awesome makeup remover too!

on 7/16/2013 5:30:00 PM

I don't have acne or pimple problems but I do have skin that's sometimes is on the oilier side.
I can't say wether or not this clears up zits but one thing I have noticed is the size reductions of my pores! Which I'm very very happy about.
One bad thing is I'm noticing some dry flakes.
Ill keep repurchasing cause I'm happy with the pore results I just may need to change up my moisturizer to help with the drying part

on 7/8/2013 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Let me start by saying how DRY this made my face. Although it felt like my face was getting somewhat cleaner, it stripped all the oil from my face. I like the pump and the packaging makes it accessible. It didn't worsen my acne, but it didn't significantly improve it either. If you have oily skin then I would recommend this product, otherwise, I would suggest staying away. I most likely won't be repurchasing this cleanser.