August 20, 2014 | 1098 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Hostie88

I bought this acne wash a few years ago when my chin broke out. I was desperate to get rid of them so I washed my face once in the morning and once at night for two days. Big mistake, I woke with small bumps all over my face and slight redness. I think I slightly 'burnt' my skin, or just completely dried it out. It took a week to get back to normal with intense moisturising.

So do not use it to frequently, and just use it on the affected areas.

Since then, I use it maybe once a week when my t-zone gets oily. Basically it dries out that area and removes oil to prevent pimples. Seems to work for minor problems but not too sure about major pimple issues.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by beachesatnormandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used this product all through my teen years, and after I stopped using it I saw an imporvement in my skin. This was too harsh for my combo sensitive skin and was causing more breakouts. It was really good for removing makeup and dirt, but was just too harsh for me. I would not recommend this to anyone that has sensitive or very acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by jenniferjones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this since high school and I'm 31. I have extremely oily acne prone skin and truly this stuff is the only thing that works on a consistent basis to keep breakouts at bay. I use with the clairsonic mia, it is gentle enough but now that my skin is older and my acne is hormonal it helps to use just once a day versus 2x's, since it can dry my skin out a tad especially in winter, but if I skip it altogether I notice immediately so I'll always go back to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by Sweetc509

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this since I was 13, now I'm 17 and I'm still loving it. It doesn't break me out, keeps moisture in my skin, and I will never stop using this. Has a pleasant smell, I simply love this!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by MissAwesome

This product wasn't for me, but probably for more oily skins or acne prone people.
The only reason I was using this is because I was breaking out a little and I ran out of my face wash. This stuff smells really weird (this was before the grapefruit was release). It made my skin really dry and really tight. It hurts to even smile! It didn't do much for me. Won't buy this again when there are newer products out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by freshblush

this face wash is amazing! but it dried out my skin ALOT so i would recommend this to only people with really oliy skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Ebafahy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

By FAR my favorite facewash. I am the type to always try new things and i ALWAYS find my way back to this facewash. I have oily skin, and this works wonders. It has a great lather, and leaves my face feeling clean, no residue. It is a little drying, so I follow up with Clean and Clear Oil Free Moisturizer and a little of Neutrogena pimple control powder and I am good to go shine free all day. LOVE LOVE LOVE this facewash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

I know a lot of reviewers don't care for this or had bad experiences but I love this face wash. I've repurchased 3 times already and always have a back up on me when I run out. This doesn't break me out and works good at removing make up after I remove with face wipes. This did burn my skin a little when I first used it, but it was nothing horrible and I have sensitive and oily skin also. My face feels a little tight afterwards but nothing I can't stand. My face just feels really clean afterwards and helps keep my break outs in check. It's a simple cleanser and its easy to get anywhere. However, I don't like the pump that much because its hard to travel with. You can lock it but its a pain to do anyways and you waste product. I wish they had little travel sizes in the travel section so I could buy those instead if having to dispense this in a little bottle when I do. The consistency is gel like and I apply a little at a time not a full pump in order for it to lather well. Once it lathers, it's fine. I will continue to repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by violetnights

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the "#1 dermatologist recommended cleanser"?? This stuff irritates my skin more than any other cleanser I've tried! Neutrogena in general just makes me break me out. After cleansing with this, my face gets terribly itchy and I get red patches all over my face. It is also drying. Just horrible all-around.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by aminamalika

I find this to be the only wash that neutralizes and minimizes my comedonal acne! My dermatologist actually told me to use this when I saw him last December, but I've been using it for months even before then! With the 2% SA, I find it enough to combat my oily and acne prone skin but not be too drying. I realize some people find it too strong so id recommend other cleansers, which usually have .5-1% SA or BP.

It's important to follow up with a moisturizing face lotion. In my case I need an oil-free one, but I make sure it's still provides some moisture.

I notice the cleanser can burn your eyes pretty bad if it gets in them or close to them. So be careful and make sure you rinse completely with luke warm or cold water.

Overall, it's a dermatologist-recommended cleanser with sufficient medication that works!