October 21, 2014 | 1241 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

HG eyeliner. I am new to gel and decided to go with Maybelline after researching. I got eggplant and charcoal to start and LOVE them. I like them much more than pencils and liquid. I will never buy pencils again. Next on my list is the black.

The brush is very precise for a brush that comes with a product, I am impressed. The gel is very creamy and has not dried. The liner lasts all day long with NO smudging. I hate how liquid liners and pencils especially smudge after awhile. I have watery eyes at the corners and they always wear away. Not with this. I am sold.

I was told this is a dupe for MAC Fluid line and better? So that is off my wish list!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by NikkiBikki

Wow, amazing love this product. I was using the Mac version but when it ran out (mind you it went try very quickly i.e. pretty much straight away but could still use it) I decided to try this instead after reading the positive reviews. I have it in blackest black. I can guarantee you it's...:
*so much cheaper than the mac version (a bargain especially if you buy when on sale like I did)
*comes out beautifully
*hasn't dried out like the mac one did straight away
*stays on, I don't use a primer but stays on pretty much all day. Like the Mac one, if you apply in the morning of course you may need a re-touch in the evening.
*my only after thought is I do like the mac brush you can buy if you want to achieve a thinner line so I recommend that you maybe buy the Mac brush so you can use that when you don't want a thicker line that the Maybelline provided brush will give you which I don't mind but depends on the look you are after.

Love this product and love the price! Definitely one product that what you pay for is not what you get as often is. Save your dollars for something better as this product is excellent. I nearly always only use Mac and expensive brands so the fact I feel this way is saying something!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by jaaanet2

Now I have both the black one and the charcoal one. I bought the charcoal one by accident thinking I had the black one in my hand, wrong! But anyway, I do love this eyeliner. I usually prefer liquid eyeliners, but I heard such rave reviews about this I thought I'd give it a try. And I am impressed. The little brush that comes with it, actually works well, it is pretty precise and you can easily go thin or thick depending on the look your going for. It goes on easily and a little does go a long way. I also love how black it actually is. However, I have oily lids so if I am wearing this the whole day it might smudge a tad bit by the end of the day, nothing too dramatic though. Its not enough to put me off. So I do love this eyeliner and I can tell it will last me a loooooong while.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Reem88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

easy to apply but i use my own brush
first i use any kind of black eyeshadow to guide me draw the lines then i put the maybelline eyeliner
it is long lasting but not super super dark

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by JeanLE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have always been a pencil eyeliner girl but saw this and having heard great things about gel liner, decided to try it. The brush that comes with it is awesome! I will admit, it's hard to get used to doing it and sometimes I cheat and start with a lighter pencil, filling in with this gel. It works fab!! It stays put, some slight fading in the inner corners but not bad. For the price and the nice, dark black line, you can't beat this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by KLynn88

This product is fantastic. I was a pencil user for years (I know, I know...) and just switched. I love the strong, bold line it leaves. Fear not, gel beginners... it's MUCH easier to be precise with a brush than a dull pencil. Plus, you don't have to sharpen anything. It's a good price too, 10$ or so. By the end of the day, it has hardly transferred to my eyelids like eyepencil would. In fact, it hardly budges at all (but is still super easy to remove). HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 8:41:00 AM More reviews by vanessakkk

I love it!! it lasts all night long on my oily eyelids and it goes on smoothly . it's kinda hard to take off but that doesnt bother me and the brush that comes with is pretty hard to use. I use my angle brush and it works amazingly!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this is a great rival to the MAC fluidline gel liners. It is very pigmented and I do not need to go over my line multiple times to get even coverage. The formula is moist and I feel it smudges a little less than MAC. I use a Lancome angled liner brush to apply and find it easy to obtain a winged liner look. The brush they give is cute and it may work well for beginners, I just prefer angled. I use gel/potted liners often and they take some practice to master, but once you do they are great. I do not have oily eyelids and I only use this on my top eyelid as I have problems with watery eyes. I use MAC prolong wear eyeliner for my lower lashes because every other eyeliner I have ever used bleeds on my lower lash line. Packaging is good, this liner could last you a very long time because I hardly need to dip my brush in it. Good drug store dupe for MAC

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 4:14:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this liner when I was on a kick about shaking up my makeup routine. I've always loved the way liner looks on upper lids (thus far, I've only been a eyeliner-on-the-waterline kinda gal) but I've yet to master the process of application. After trying and trying to do a perfect line, I ended up tossing this in a drawer and leaving it. I just recently dug it out and have been using it for the past few weeks on my waterline. I can't say this is amazing as a waterline liner. It is slightly better than most pencils but, for the most part, it doesn't stay put. It's probably not meant to in that area. It does stay rather well on upper lids provided you use a primer. The colors are also quite nice. I bought nearly all of them and Eggplant is probably the one I reached for the most when I was using this reguarly.

My biggest beef with this liner is that is dries out very, very quickly. I bought nearly all the colors and as soon as I opened the jar, it was fairly dried out by the end of the week. I store all my makeup in a drawer away from sunlight and humidity and make sure all the lids are on but nothing will make this last. In comparison, I bought MAC's Fluidline around the same time as I bought my first jar of Lasting Drama and the Fluidline still looks as good as the day I bought it. The Lasting Drama that I bought just a few months ago? Yeah, totally dried out.

I really wanted to like this liner but I just can't abide the super short shelf life. I've already moved on to cake liners as I'd rather shell out the extra money for something that lasts. Pity too because I do like the colors of Lasting Drama.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by egoodwin

I love gel eyeliners and finding one at a reasonable price is great. I love the little pot and I even love the little brush that it comes with. I think that the formula is nice when you're working with it on your eyes as it gives you enough time to play with the look before it dries. I wear cat eyes every day so it is important to me that my more dramatic look stays and this is where the product is loosing a lippie. After a couple of hours I find that this product has major issues with fading. Perhaps this would be a better product if they had a waterproof or more long lasting formula! Then it would get a five out of five!