April 16, 2014 | 912 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I like this because it's a lot more forgiving than liquid liner. I don't use the brush it comes with, I prefer a bent eyeliner brush. This goes on smooth & quite black, and I haven't had a problem with it lasting.. but sometimes I set it with black eyeshadow. Mine dried out after quite a few months, but I added eye drops to it & it was fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by kayceee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product specifically with tightlining in mind and it'd proved to be excellent at that and as a general eyeliner!

It's my first gel product and I'm really impressed at its durability. I have oily skin, but this stays almost exactly in place all day even without a primer. It also has very little transference, even when tightlining, if you keep your eye open for just a few seconds while it dries. I wish it came in a slightly lighter colour, but it's definitely a brown over a black unlike other products with not enough colour distinction.

It's quite easy to spread, though clumping can be an issue if you put too much product on the brush or the brush hasn't been wiped. It's very easy to control even for someone with shakier hands like me! It's very easy to do multiple passes without it becoming dark or clumpy.

The packaging is really cute and nice with the glass bottom. The brush that comes with it is also nice for a more blended look, though not as helpful for sharper lines.

But what it comes down to, for me, is how well it stays put. This is the only, and I mean only, product that will stay on my very oily lids without a primer. Scandal Eyes smudged in hours, many others in minutes. This stuff barely budges after twelve yet comes off easily with makeup remove. Can't explain that, don't really care. I'm just so glad to find a liner that continues to be a line all day.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by boscardin

I have really oily lids and even with primer, my liner seems to fade by the end of the day. This did not fight the oily-ness very well and it smudged by the end of day.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by uhlizubeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've had mine for a while now and I'm really surprised that it hasn't dried out. I wouldn't say this is the best cream eyeliner ever but it does the job. It lasts and doesn't smudge all over the damn place or flake. I do use the brush that came with the eyeliner and haven't had any problems with it. This is reliable, but I plan on trying out the Essence eyeliner once I'm finished with this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by sofinthesky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Good stuff, didn't have any problem with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by joselineochoa

sucks smudges alot

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Inayah

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really good gel liner! I love it and it lasts all day on my waterline. It also doesn't irritate my eyes. it's creamy and it glides on smoothly The lasting power is great! Doesn't flake or smudge. I have two colors the Blackest Black and Brown and the both work the same for me. Both colors have no shimmers or glitters at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by EmoCupcakezz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh goodness... I LOVE this stuff! I've had the most difficulties trying to find an eyeliner that wasn't gloppy and smearry... and here it is. Behold! It's seriously the greatest eyeliner ever (: and even though the tub is really small.... the product lasts for a long time. This is my HG eyeliner!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Caramel_Apples

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about four months now, so I guess it's about time I wrote a review. This has really become a staple for me. I originally bought this in "brown" and liked it for everyday, but when I wanted a black eyeliner I tried a few other brands for a change. I tried several drugstore brands and two high-priced ones, and this still reigns as my favorite. The only time it ever smudges is if I either sleep in it or directly rub it off, otherwise it stays put. Color is great for a natural look. The little pot lasts forever, I still have about half of the brown shade left after using it dozens of times. The tool it comes with is OK, but I find it tends to feel a little rough after maybe 10 applications and got weak about halfway through the pot. I do prefer to use a separate liner brush.

In short, this is great quality for under $8.

edit: I bought this liner in "blackest black", and it seems the formula for this color is different because I do get smudges much more often than with the brown color. Because of the smudging, I'm lowering the score from 4 to 5. The brown shade is worth a solid 5, but I'd give the black version a 3.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by meredithann0714

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff does smudge if you use it under your eyes, as well as on top lash line. I bought this because I had a coupon, but should have stuck with the L'Oreal Infallible gel laquer liner, much better brush and wearability. It's worth the extra dollar or two, by far.