July 25, 2014 | 1368 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by jessukkaa

This is my HG eyeliner now. I used to use liquid liner but now I'm never going back. It glides on effortlessly and a little product goes a loooong way. Doesn't smudge and is really pigmented for a drugstore product. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 3:25:00 AM More reviews by lifnisanders

glides on smoothly, and long lasting..dont like the brush tho, too short for me hahhaha

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by RosaLaugesen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For someone with oily eyelids, this is a life saver! I'm so glad I found this product as it allows me to do a cat-eye without it smudging or transferring elsewhere throughout the day. Best gel eyeliner out there!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by whittersfizz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't usually have oily lids but I find this product smudges onto the upper lid. With a primer it is slightly better but I find that throughout the day it will still transfer a little.
I do like the brush that comes with the eyeliner. It is small and can create a precise line.
The one thing I do like about this product is that it doesn't dry out quickly, so a little pot can last you a long time. Also, it is very black and stays on reasonably well unless it's a hot day! If you do not have an issue with smudging generally, then it is a good eyeliner, however for me I won't be picking it up again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by mbori

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in brown, and I like it pretty much.
I have oily, a bit hooded lids, and this stays put for a reasonable amount of time.
The color is very nice.
The brush is a problem for me, can't really use it for lining my eyes. It's too wide for me, and if I try to use it sideways it doesn't do much. Picks up too little product. I usually use it with a pushliner brush.
Nonetheless the gel liner is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by classicbelle

first I bought the mac gel eyeliner . I ended up returning since the maybelline is similar to mac at half the cost. on top of that the brush already came with it. I used to use retractable eyeliner before gel eyeliner. I will never go back to it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 7:47:00 AM More reviews by jesstrixie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this eyeliner. I've been using it for ages now (I think since it came out in Australia a few years ago). I much prefer a gel eyeliner to liquid - I find it much easier to control and the product lasts longer. Granted, I haven't tried any high end gel liners but I honestly don't feel like I need to - this product works perfectly for me. It's highly pigmented, goes on smoothly, lasts for ages. At first it would smudge onto the top of my eyelid, but ever since I started using an eye primer this doesn't happen.

I really like the brush and have never had problems with it.

I have repurchased this and will continue to do so!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I recently purchased this product after my Tom Ford fiasco. (Reviewed recently).

The product is creamy, easy to apply and has great pigmentation. It has good staying power and on me, it has to last at least 10 hours. It does do this but not if I line the full length of the eye as it can get a bit smudged in the tear duct area. It is good on the waterline too -- upper and lower.
Not as black as MAC Blacktrack -- this might be considered a soft black but it's good for when you want a softer color line, or if you are older (like me).

the little pot is par for the course -- all of them have the same packaging which must be closed tightly or you risk shrinkage -- it makes no difference if you paid $ 3 or $ 30. The packaging factories must be the same one and can't come up with a different packaging which might be more user friendly and less storage specific. The little brush is quite handy too, which is an added bonus.

I am going to purchase this in the brown also.. I do like it and feel it is worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, oily hooded eyes.

Finally, a gel liner that didn't budge by end of the work day (MUFE eye prime and TF matte shadows)... the color I have is Eggplant which is not particularly the deep black purple I like (try NARS Tatar), but I'll pick up a few more colors at this price under $10. Oh and just to name drop and be annoying like that, Charlotte Tilsbury also rec's this product in her Feline Flick YT video.

Beats out Bobbi Brown and MAC for me (both too wet and therefore smudgey smudge), the L'Oreal version also was poor, and I like this just as much as my favorite Kanebo KATE (but this is a heck of a lot easier to obtain in the US).

UPDATE 12/14/13: I am really loving the Eggplant shade whenever I use any of the MAC purple / taupe shades such as Satin Taupe or Shale.

UPDATE 4/9/14: 6M later, the pot is pretty dry and harder to pick up product. My BB, Mac, Kanebo Kate gel liner pots are MUCH older and doesn't have this texture... probably won't pick up again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by fishbiscuit

if i dont have time to wear makeup i at least have to wear eyeliner. ive tried every kind and almost every brand of eyeliner. this is by far the worst ive ever bought!! it smudges off less than an hour after wearing and it clearly says smudge proof!! besides that the applicator brush that came along was terrible. i bought this for $13 wich isnt that expensive and i wasnt expecting the best, but at least it should stay on my face for a few hours, i dont think im asking for too much
this is rubbish!