December 22, 2014 | 939 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2014 7:23:00 AM More reviews by IrisFvH

I wanted to love this SO much :(

I tried the color Ceylan which matched my NC15/NC20 skin perfectly. It has beautiful yellow undertones and applies beautifully.

But.. it slided right of my, not so oily at all, skin. My forhead and the pores next to my nose started to look extremely caky after 1 hour. This makes me so sad cause the finish and color and whole thing is just so beautiful. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by JohannaJeannett

I went in to Sephora and bought this foundation just cause. You know it is always tempting to buy a new foundation. Anyways, I love how this foundation has a yellow undertone, however, it's too yellow. I believe it is medium to full coverage. I have a lot of acne scarring and it seemed to cover everything, however, the foundation pretty much highlighted my pores and my imperfections. I would compare this foundation to Mac's Pro Longwear - TOO heavy. At $45, I had to return it. Oh, yes forgot to mention, not suitable for very oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by ginaxav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Color reference- I war Fiji in Nars Sheer Glow, 4.5 in Armani Luminous Silk, Fresco in Estee Lauder Double Wear, NC20 in MAC, 2.5 Luminious Vanilla as my Touche Eclat pen, BR 20 in Touche Eclat foundation, Fairly Medium in Bare Minerals, Warm Ivory in Dermablend Cover Cream.

On to Nars Sheer Glow, the color is spot on for me, but it's not my favorite foundation. I only need a small amount to cover my whole face with the UD Optical Blurring Blush (dab on forehead, cheeks, chin, nose, in that order so smallest amount left is on nose, then go back and dab and buff each area), but I had to do 2 thin layers to get any sort of actual coverage. It does say "sheer" in the name. It looks pretty natural but even with a UD setting spray it doesn't last. I haven't even gone outside in the heat, just hung around the house, and I can already see less coverage on my face and when I touched a tissue to my cheek it came away with foundation on it. It's been about 6 hours (of a/c only time) since I put it on.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by SilverAngel621

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Great color selection (Barcelona fits my skin tone to perfection)
very buildable, it is sheer to medium but if you want to cover blemishes or dark spots, layering it on will not look cakey at all
no smell, good consistency
no oxidation, eth color you put on will that that color
looks very natural on skin, it doesn't look like "foundation" (you get me?)

Cons:
price, I think its 46 dollars yikes!
if you sweat, it will come off and needs retouching with setting powder every 4-6 hours
tends me break me out if I use it everyday (but keep in mind I'm very acne prone)
no pump (the neck of the bottle is sooooo messy)

So I'm Barcelona in their color section and it fits my skin tone perfectly (I cannot say enough about the color section and it had great yellow undertones), I do have to set it with a powder after but have to retouch it every 4-6 hours. It is definitely not my HG, but for a normal day wear this is a great foundation. I personally use a flat top kabuki brush which helps to minimize appearance of pores and leaves no streaks. I'd buy it again but for now I'm looking at other foundations to meet my needs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have read a lot of reviews before I purchased this and I was amazed once I bought it why this is called Sheer Glow. The package insert says that with continued use this will improve the quality of the skin. The skin will become softer, brighter, and more luminous with continued use. It also gives immediate hydration. So this is why this foundation is called sheer glow because of the benefits it will give the skin which explains why some have broken out or just not worked for a persons skin type because it has skin care ingredients.

I love this foundation and I have Combo skin for the record. Mont Blanc is the perfect match for my skin. In Mac I'm an NW15-20 with very cool undertones. I like this because it does have more yellow then most foundations but it still has pink but that extra dash of yellow in this really neutralizes redness! I apply how the insert says with my fingers pressing it in. I then buff it out with a buffing brush I use RT's one. This is so pigmented and to me I would say you can build this up to about medium coverage or in my case I like it pretty sheer. It just evens everything out and makes my skin look airbrushed. I asked my boyfriend what he thought and he didn't even know I was wearing foundation. So this is very good in my book:)

Price is crazy considering you only get an ounce and no dang pump! I think we all do not like this so hopefully NARS will listen to us and make it standard. I give it this for only an ounce this base is Very pigmented and for my skin which, redness is my main complaint I only need a few drops. I think that is why they say to use your fingers because it warms up and it almost seems to make it more pigmented when I do this. This lasts all day and the fade is a good kind. The kind where my skin just looks nice and glow-y. The finish is very natural not to matte and not shimmery at all. Also this is water based so I like to use a non silicone primer I find it lasts even longer that way.

Fantastic foundation with a great selection, beautiful coverage, and lasts! For the cash it is worth the splurge because I have a few HE foundations to rotate and BB Creams so I won't go through it super fast but when I do run out I will repurchase. Hopefully it will have a pump by then. Hey a girl can dream;) Amazing stuff! Totally Recommended!

Edit: this contains turmeric which is known to help with acne. It is making my skin so soft and clear. If you break out from this it could be from the turmeric so something to keep in mind.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Simosar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have hormonal acne and also dry skin. I was looking for a foundation that gave me some coverage, but without being either a. too matte and dry OR b. too sheer and lacking coverage. After trying umpteen different foundations with different price tags, I finally settled on this one and I can't see myself ever changing! Although it's labelled as 'sheer' the coverage is buildable. It's worth every cent it costs. I use the 'fiji' tone.

Downside? Packaging is horrid. I cannot fathom why it's not sold in a pump bottle for this price. Instead you get crappy screw top bottle.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by nathaliez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I expected more from this foundation, it is just ok in my book, it is sheer, very sheer, and not as luminous as one might thing, at least for me...the colors are all a bit too yellow...all in all, my face looks a bit flat using it..not great in my views.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Randybish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product in the color 'Macau'. It's my favorite winter foundation. It's not sheer coverage or glowing but it's semi-matte and has a great amount of coverage without making your skin look "fake". I hate the packaging. It doesn't come with a pump and that makes absolutely no sense to me for the price. I paid about $45 for 1 FL. I don't wear it often because it's expensive. I tend to save it for special occasions or if I feel like looking extra nice that day. It's a great foundation overall I just hate the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 6:02:00 AM More reviews by Coconoire84

This foundation alongside the illamasqua skin base is so lovely and radiant. The illamasqua gives a dewy healthy Fresh effect and the Nars gives me a semi matte glowy healthy finish. Both give me the ultimate polished look, both great coverage which is buildable. Neither emphasise my slightly enlarged pores around my nose. The Nars foundation is slightly thicker than the illamasqua but i can't feel either of them on my skin. Both as great as each other list giving a different finish depending on your desired look. Downside is that it didn't come with a pump so it gets VERY messy and drips into the inside of the lid which is so upsetting for OCD weirdos like me! Both foundations did not budge during long sweltering summer days outside.my skin remained as though I'd literally just applied my make up. No need to touch up or re powder! Will always keeps these two products as my favourites on my dresser

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by missjorja28

I really love this foundation!

I swap between this in Mount Blanc, and Hourglass Illusion in Ivory for day time coverage. Today was my first day back on the NARS and once again, my love affair is reignited. It's smooth, good coverage and makes me look like I'm glowing. Super easy to apply (with my fingers so the pigments warm and intensify with the heat, then buffed in with a brush). In Australia this is about $20 cheaper than Hourglass. It might still be expensive for some, but I always tell myself that it's better to spend money on something that will sit on my face for a whole day (or night!!).