October 31, 2014 | 1422 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by j4ym3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

NARS Sheer Glow has definitely been a foundation favourite of mine for the past 5 years - I can always count on this foundation to give my face a long lasting, flawless, naturally dewy looking finish.

I prefer fuller coverage foundations and this foundation certainly provides me with the desired coverage that I seek. Although this is not a true full coverage foundation, it is still easily a higher end medium coverage foundation without having to use an excessive amount of product to achieve a fuller level of coverage.

The consistency of the foundation is very light and runny. So therefore unlike many other foundations, you can take your time applying this foundation as it takes awhile to dry on the skin, making it easier to blend and build while working with this foundation.

After I apply my NARS Sheer Glow foundation, going over it with a setting powder & finishing it off with a light spritz of a good setting spray is an absolute must for me. I have combination skin (on the oiler side through summer) and find that without setting powder, my face (especially t-zone) can get quite oily, leaving my face looking noticeably shinny/slippery within just a few hours after application. Having said that, I am unsure how well this foundation would work on oilier skin types, but for those with dry or combination skin, this foundation should work magically.

I personally think the colour range for this foundation is sufficient in catering for most if not all skin tones. I find that unlike many other foundation brands, NARS Sheer Glow provides really great yellow based foundation that are perfect for those who have strong yellow undertones.

For me, there isnít any conís to this foundation that I can think of, besides the thin glass bottle that the foundation comes in, as well as the fact that it doesnít come with a hygienic foundation pump (sold separately).

NARS Sheer Glow foundation is sold here in Australia for $68.00 and can be found at Mecca Cosmetica. It is quite an expensive foundation, however having said that, I am currently on my 12th+ bottle and I do intend to continue repurchasing this for as long as I can afford too.

For Ref: MAC NC30/35 - NARS Sheer Glow Stormboli

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow! I wish i'd bought this years ago!! For ref i have combination-oily skin.

Had been wanting to try this for a long time and i was passing by a Nars counter yesterday so i though i'd see if i could get matched up. I honestly wasn't going to buy the product but the MUA matched half of myforehead (??) to Stromboli and the other half to Barcelona. I much preferred the Stromboli. I found the Barcelona shade a little pinky for my warm yellow undertones.

I am currently NC30-35 in MAC studio fix fluid (my ulitmate HG foundation) and the colour match of Stromboli to the SFF in NC30 is extremely close! The Sheer Glow shades all seem to run warmer/ yellower so that's great for all us warm/yellow toned ladies :-) !!

Reason why i ended up purchasing:

1. Colour applied to forehead (Stromboli) matched to the rest of my face (NC30 SFF).
2. After walking around for a few hours i could see that my forehead looked lovely and glowy - a little dewy - but not oily or greasy.
3. I fancied a treat!!!

I'm so glad i purchased as while i do love my MAC SFF i have always wanted something similar but with a glow to it and this is it!!! In terms of coverage it is a little lighter than the SFF but not that much lighter. I don't understand the reviews where poeple are saying that this is sheer/light coverage - i would say this is definitely medium coverage and possibly medium to full for those of you blessed with good skin.

I am lucky enough to have good skin and so this is provides medium to full coverage for me. At the moment i feel like this is going to top MAC's SFF for me but will have to see as in the summer/high heat this may be a little too dewy for me. Today is the first full day i have worn this and i blotted my face after 7 hours wear - but not beacause i looked greasy/oily but because i felt a little bit too dewy!! This is a first for me :-)

Amazing amazing foundation that gives you a lovely glow with zero cakiness!!! x

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by maye8384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Let me start by saying I really wanted to love this foundation. I was looking for something with medium-buildable coverage that just perfected my complexion. The color range is really great, I am NC15 and Gobi was a perfect match for my skin. I have combination-oily skin, but this foundation somehow simultaneously made me look oily and accentuated any dryness on my face, which is strange because I donít have dry patches to begin with. It is a fairly thin formula, which I didnít find to be buildable so I couldnít achieve the coverage I wanted. It never looked cakey, but it never seemed to build upon itself. It also didn't last long AT ALL, maybe 3-4 hours? I was really disappointed because of all the great things I had heard about this foundation. Also, it is very expensive. The only good thing that I can say is that the colour range is amazing and it didnít oxidize on my face. I wouldnít repurchase this product; in fact I returned it to Sephora.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by tiny101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily, acne-prone, eczema-ridden skin (with a hint of rosacea). My skin has cleared up quite a bit recently though, so I figured I'd try a foundation with lighter coverage. The only good thing about this foundation is that it looks like skin when applied properly; the finish is quite nice (with a powder!) and looks much more natural than my usual Estee Lauder Double Wear or Dior's Forever Flawless. Oh, and the other pro is that it doesn't oxidize on my skin.

[ CONS ]
- Is difficult to blend out properly with a brush or a beauty blender (looks cakey/odd)
- Emphasizes any dry patches on my cheeks
- Doesn't hold up for more than 1-2 hours in the T-zone without a primer
- Broke me out just a little around the nose
- Foundation doesn't come with a pump

Needless to say, all of the cons far outweigh the pros, so I would not repurchase in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by grinchy73

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have acne prone, combination skin,moderately oily in summer
shade;siberia

i apply with real techniques buffing brush and set with mac studio fix powder in nc15, i LOVE this foundation for the first hour (looks beautiful on the skin and reflects light like no other fpundation i have ever tried its super brightening)after that it separates and looks very patchy,the weather is warm at the moment i will try using this again in the wintertime when my skin wont get so oily during the day,for the price here in new zealand $89.00 this for me is pretty expensive, this sits at the back of my draw and is very rarely used,however this shade range is extremely amazing! i really struggle trying to find a foundation that matches me ( i am VERY pale) the shade 'siberia' matches my skin so well i don't even have to blend it down my neck!-

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by cloz90

Love this foundation! I have super oily, acne prone skin. This foundation is my Holy GrAIL! However I must set it with a powder. I use mac MSF. These two paired together leave me with a perfect high coverage finish. I only wish I could wear this powder with it everyday, but it breaks me out. I use MUFE Pro finish powder to set it every other day, with no skin problems. I also use benefits poreFessional primer on days I need extra staying power.

I went hiking up a mountain for 6 hours. I was sweating profusely and it started to rain heavily in the last few hours. Once I got back to the car, I thought for sure, all my makeup would have come off.. But to my surprise, it was almost perfect! GO NARS.

I apply with my fingers for fuller coverage. I tried applying it with my sigma F80 and beauty blender, neither of which worked for my desired amount of coverage. The real techniques expert face brush is the only brush that worked.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So, do not let the name confuse. I feel this is neither sheer, nor glowy! I was looking for something to replace my MAC Mineralize Satinfinish (which they discontinued on me. UGH) and I thought....WOW this is going to be IT! Mineralize Satinfinish was indeed sheer and have a wonderful glow to it...Nars Sheer glow is more medium coverage with a skin like finish. It's not glowy, not matte...it gives you skin the look of...skin! So, in that aspect I think its great because most people would like the finish....even if they're oily or dry. It has a decent coverage, good for someone with minor imperfections in their skin. Due to the excellent shade range in this foundation I think almost anyone could find a match that would melt perfect into their skin and hide blemishes, dark marks or discoloration. My current match is Stromboli, which is about the same as MAC NC35. When Im lighter I use Punjab which is close to NC25. Both have more of a golden undertone that blend seamlessly with my skin. I do hate one thing...having to purchase the separate pump! Whenever I go to Nordstrom or Sephora they're are always out of the pumps and I just never end up with one...its annoying pouring the foundation out of the bottle. Besides that, no other complaints. It doesn't break me out, it last a full 10 hours at least on me...I have normal skin, and it looks natural. I like to apply with a flat top stippling brush, and buff out from the center of my face to my jaw for the most natural look.

TO ADD-If you mix a lil Sheer Glow with LM Radiance Primer it DOES get a beautifully sheer glow, similar to my beloved Mineralize Satinfinish...in case anyone is looking for that type of product. It gives a similar look to YSL Touche Eclate foundation, but doesn't break me out like TE does. Hope this helps someone else as it has me. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by ilali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THE FORMULA:
NARS Sheer Glow is very fluid in texture . It is great for DRY SKIN. The coverage can be sheered out to very LIGHT but is BUILDABLE to a medium coverage. It does give a beautiful GLOWY effect.

THE COLOR RANGE:
NARS has a very generous shade range. My shade is STROMBOLI - a warm medium shade with strong yellow undertones, perfect!

For reference I am SHADE 6.5 in Giorgio Armani, NC35-40 in Mac and in between TAWNY and Rattan in Estee Lauder.

APPLICATION:
I applied this with a BEAUTYBLENDER. Big mistake. This is the one foundation which I have had bad results with using a beautyblender. It is best applied with a paddle brush or fingers.

STAYING POWER:
This foundation had DECENT staying power. It holds up well on dry skin but I can imagine that oilier skin types will get greasy unless they use a powder over it.

THE VERDICT:
I'll be buying this again, I love it!

Checkout my BLOG for more info and PICS on this foundation: http://arwaselixir.blogspot.com.au/

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by mandagangsta20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this foundation! It was a dream to blend into the skin and makes you skin so beautiful and glowing! Only two problems. I have oily skin so I have to powder after 2-3 hours. But I have to say, it held up longer than the sheer matte! And I still haven't found my perfect shade! I thought that I would because there was a good colour selection, but my face is goldenish while my body is olivey, so I have to match it to my body and they don't have that shade! I can live with it though! I really recommend this foundation for special occasions because its expensive and you don't want to waste it, and it gives your skin such a beautiful finish!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 6:43:00 AM More reviews by Amoregan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this foundation! I'm in the colour Sante fe, the application is fantastic and you don't need loads for good coverage. I'll be swapping this for my studio fix fluid I feel it gives a nicer finish and as I said you don't need loads. Would prefer a pump but apart from that amazing product!