NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 4/14/2015 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Tried this for a month and here are my thoughts.... Pros: light, buildable coverage Cons: no pump, easily transfers, very yellow undertones (I am a NC40-Stromboli in Nars), oil slick by mid-day and makeup separated to uneven coverage after a few hours. I returned my bottle after a month of use. I wanted to try this bc all great reviews but think I'll go back to MUFE face & body, it's wayyyy better and about same price.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin and acne scars and this foundation covers everything, if I want coverage I just grab a concealer brush and focus on the pimple or scar. It is very light weight, yet very natural. It does not help with the oilyness, but it is perfect with a mattifying powder in which you look natural and glowy but you aren't oily. I love it!

The downside to this is that it is very pricey and the packaging should have a pump (if you want to, you must purchase seperatly) which I believe is very unnecessary finding that it is already so pricey. But I love this product so it's worth it! (:

on 4/8/2015 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

beware there's no pump and it's just a bottle with a cap. huge fail in packaging that there's no pump without an additional purchase.

as for colour, got stromboli for my 4y07 sephora, nc35 mac skin. i am between that and punjab but find stromboli matches me quite well on my dry porous skin. i do see the illuminescence / glow on my skin and would repurchase. comparatively, laneige miracle doesn't have that glow i am looking for. i do, however, like the beyond the solution which has a glow as well, but may not be suitable for everyone's skin colour (caters to asian)

would repurchase if packaging was better for what you're paying for

8/10

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation should be named : medium, slightly glowy.
It's not really sheer ( medium coverage, can be built to full) and it's only a little bit glowy in finish. It is, however, fabulous.
Applied correctly, it looks gorgeous, wears all day and photographs beautifully. It's designed to work with the heat of your body so best warmed in your palm and then applied section by section, with fingers, rather than with a brush or sponge. Applying with a brush can make it look heavy and accentuate pores and lines.
Suits combination skins well- can look too dry on a dry skin. They would be better off with the radiant cream compact.
I personally love this makeup for its versatile nature- it mixes well with liquid Bronzers etc and wears well. Not as long wearing as the new all day luminous weightless but a really gorgeous soft touch finish. One of the best on the market. Only lost a star because I'd like it to wear longer without touch ups, but I'm really being fussy. Overall this is a staple product for me, and I'm on my sixth bottle, so that says a lot!

I adore this product! I can put this on early morning and later in the day is still looks absolutely gorgeous! Blends beautifully and doesn't sink into fine lines or pores. The downside is there is no pump (purchase separately) and the price ($59 AUD) however since this is amazing I'll happily pay that price!

on 3/28/2015 12:05:00 PM

This fdn was quite a disappointment to me. My biggest problem is that it emphasized dryness on my cheeks and made my T-zone very oily. Especially if I used it with a brush. It was specifically for this fdn that I bought a beauty blender type of sponge and it makes it slightly better but still not satisfactory. It's got good color range, that's good. And if you don't look too close it does "beautify" my skin and gives a subtle glow. I mix it with moisturizer and my YSL le teint touche eclat fdn, as that one is too dark for me and the NARS is too light and it's kind of ok that way. But once I buy a lighter shade of the YSL to mix it with the darker I'm not even gonna look at the NARS anymore. Which is sad, given how much I paid for it. I don't know what kind of skin you need to have for it to wok for you. The YSL is now my HG, even though it makes my T-zone shiny (I just blot) but it makes my skin sooooo beautiful.

on 3/27/2015 4:52:00 AM

I was so exited to try this product after reading all the good reviews.
first thing first, i don't like the fact that you have to buy a pump separate.

My skin is mostly dry, not too bad. I do get a little oily on my forehead at the end of the day.
On to how the foundation works on my skin. The finish is not glowy at all, I would say it's more of a satin finish. You can clearly see my dryer patches and tell that I have makeup on. I usually prefer foundations that gives me a glow whiteout looking oily. After a few hours of wearing my forehead is a bit shiny but nothing that bothers me. It does not give you a lot of coverage. Maybe a light to medium. And it does not cover the few spots I have.

So this foundation is not my favorite. This product isn't bad but not what i was hoping for. If you have good skin and want a quite matte finish this is for you.
Nothing spectacular. Just as a usual drugstore foundation.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been using this foundation for over a year now and have enjoyed using it. My skin is normal-dry (but not extremely dry), no pores, occasional/hormonal cystic under the skin spots.

First bought Santa Fe which was just a touch too dark for my NC25 skin so it wasn't really a success. It also used to oxidise like crazy on me and leave weird marks all over my face. I really miss the colour though as it added some warmth and life to my face, and I could have made it work a bit more if I applied a light fake tan to my body. That bottle lasted me well over 8 months which is pretty impressive using pretty much everyday.

I decided to repurchase in Mont Blanc. Let me just take a moment to say how fricken hard it is to get a hold of that colour!! Multiple visits to the Nars counter only to be told that it was short in the warehouse, or that the order came two days ago and someone had bought the one bottle that came..! I finally got one though. Mont Blanc is a perfect match, but of course makes me look a bit more dead and pale so a lot of blusher and bronzer is required to warm me up. Mont Blanc may be the only foundation that stays a true pale-yellow colour - no pinkness but no horrid orange oxidation either!

The foundation itself is such a lovely formula. It honestly looks just like skin and gives a nice but veryyy subtle glow. (emphasis on very - no shine or stickiness here!) I usually dab some on and then use a buffing brush to spread around my face. Its quite easy to blend and has a creamy consistency. I find that if you use your fingers it doesn't blend as well and doesn't give as much coverage - you end up using more product too! I have to be really careful to blend around my jawline and take extra care to ensure I get product there as it is so easy for this to give me the dreaded "line".

The coverage is definitely medium-light. Its a strange formula, if you use your fingers to apply under the eyes, it manages to really brighten the area like a concealer would! But on my face I always find that my scarring from previous spots shows up under this and its a real pain to try and go in again to cover with another concealer or another layer. I find that the product does not build up well at all as the coverage simply isn't good enough and the second layer seems to displace the first. Concealers tend to do the same. I've had many nightmares where I simply cannot for the life of me cover certain areas or spots... therefore this is definitely for not when you are broken out or suffering from bad skin. Beautiful finish if you have good skin to begin with though!

At first I was worried that this is what was breaking me out, but my skin has cleared up dramatically since then, and I'm still using it. So this is not the culprit.

Longevity: holds up really well, its still on my face now and I've been wearing it for 13 hours. Many need to touch up under my eyes though to freshen myself up a bit. It does come off a small amount on my glasses but not nearly as much as other foundations. The real test is how much makeup is on my mask (I work in healthcare so have to wear one every day). Hardly any comes of on it and my make up is still intact when I take it off. So it gets a thumbs up from me.

All in all its a brilliant foundation and have gotten so used to it now. But honestly, I think I will try a higher coverage foundation next time as it is really stressful when you can't get everything you want covered and you're in a rush in the morning! I don't have completely great skin to pull this off just yet.

on 3/23/2015 12:12:00 AM

This is my current foundation and possibly one of my favourite foundations. It's a little cheaper than my favourite giorgio armani luminous silk with a very similar coverage and look. It leaves quite a matte medium coverage finish when you first apply it but gives a beautiful glow. I would say it is better for oily/combi skins as I think drier girls would find this a little too matte. It blends really easily into my skin when I apply it with my real techniques buffing brush and leaves a really flawless finish. It lasts all day on me.

on 3/22/2015 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got matched to this product in Fiji by a Nars salesperson at Sephora. I told him I though it was too yellow and he was like ''noooo, that's fine'', try it! I asked for a sample of it first to be sure and ta-da, it was too yellow. I'm fair with pink undertones and red cheeks, and Fidji is really yellow on me. MUFE HD in 115 is a perfect match for me, and this is far from it.

Even if it was a good match, it's not a foundation that I like, It's too sheer for me and also kind of hard to set. I will not purchase this product.