October 2, 2014 | 1274 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by mandagangsta20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this foundation! It was a dream to blend into the skin and makes you skin so beautiful and glowing! Only two problems. I have oily skin so I have to powder after 2-3 hours. But I have to say, it held up longer than the sheer matte! And I still haven't found my perfect shade! I thought that I would because there was a good colour selection, but my face is goldenish while my body is olivey, so I have to match it to my body and they don't have that shade! I can live with it though! I really recommend this foundation for special occasions because its expensive and you don't want to waste it, and it gives your skin such a beautiful finish!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 6:43:00 AM More reviews by Amoregan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this foundation! I'm in the colour Sante fe, the application is fantastic and you don't need loads for good coverage. I'll be swapping this for my studio fix fluid I feel it gives a nicer finish and as I said you don't need loads. Would prefer a pump but apart from that amazing product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 6:15:00 AM More reviews by ddsama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nars Sheer Glow in Punjab
I bought Nars Sheer Glow liquid foundation in Punjab (Medium 1) for SGD70 after discount (usual price: SGD72 + pump SGD10). In terms of price, higher end foundations in Singapore usually hit about SGD70, but most usually come with a pump. Like most people, the fact that you can’t put the cap back on after the pump has been inserted just annoys me to no end. I think it makes better sense and is more environmentally-friendly to make the product with only the pump already inserted, and no cap. That way, if you need more, just remove the pump and pour out what you need.

That aside, I really like the foundation itself. The name here is a bit misleading – Sheer Glow isn’t actually sheer. It’s closer to medium coverage and can look cakey fast if I’m not careful and go over the same area more than twice. Skin needs to be well-moisturized, but not too oily in order to get the best wear out of the product. If skin is even a little dry, the foundation will cling to dry patches and emphasize fine lines and pores. But there’s too much moisturizer or sebum, the foundation will give up the ghost by lunch. But if you can get it to work with you, it’s very rewarding – skin looks believably even and fresh.
The ‘glow’ is very subtle but you can mix the foundation with illuminator to amp it up.

Regarding colour match, I would say that Punjab is the closest thing to perfect for me. I don’t wear MAC but I know my MAC match is close to NC30. My colouring is soft (low contrast), deep (darker rather than fair) and one foot over the border into cool. Punjab is described as having golden, peachy undertones, but I think not so warm that cool beige or olive complexions will look dull with it on.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 3:28:00 AM More reviews by allonsy

I wouldn't say that this is either sheer or glowy so the name is really misleading. On me, this is a medium coverage that sets sort of satiny-matte. I have to be really careful to add small amounts at a time and really blend, blend, blend with a dense flat foundation brush to get a good finish because it does have the potential to get cakey. Once you get a handle on it, this is a beautiful foundation. The packaging leaves a lot to be desired, though. The square bottle looks sleek and pretty once you first get it, but I closed mine too hard once and now the lid doesn't align properly, which really annoys me. Also, I wish it came with a pump, it would be less messy and more hygenic.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Sainai

Love Love this, I am very Picky on foundation this is very good, it is not full coverage, more of Mid coverage but very easily build up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by albs

I put off buying this for a long, long time but after many disappointing drugstore (and a couple high end) foundations I finally decided to give it a shot. I wear it Light 4 Deauville which is quite yellow toned to my eyes. I prefer to wear it over a primer (it works very well with Too Faced Primed and Poreless) and apply it with my fingers and then buff it in with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush, or apply it with my Urban Decay Optical Blurring brush and I like using both methods equally. I let it set for about 5 minutes and then blot my face with a tissue, then apply a setting powder. If I do that I usually only have to blot once, and the foundation stays very nicely all day. I love the coverage and the finish, it looks very natural. I don't apply a lot of product, just enough to even everything out and I don't end up with a really made-up looking face which is what I prefer. After using it for several weeks I have had no experience with breaking out. Love it, I think I've finally found my HG foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by djdjdiana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is definitely a keeper depending on what kind of skin you have..
I have really oily skin in the summer and really dry skin in the winter so im more of a combination type of skin type and did really like this foundation but not to the wow point.
For this foundation you need to have a really good oil free primer on your face before applying the foundation because without it looks cakey and leaves you looking really shiny unless you like the shiny look!
The reason i like this foundation is because it does what it says it does.. Gives you the sheer "glow" look.. So if you're into a dewy after look this is great but if you like matte i feel like this is a no go for you. I personally like matte and no matter how much translucent powder i add on top literally 30 mins later my face is extremely oily and no amount of oil absorbing sheets help me... sad i know but somehow i love the product?! It has a really great coverage, its not too cakey but it is a bit thicker foundation than usual so i wouldnt recommend it for everyday use, very easy to apply and for the price you pay one bottle will last you about a year so not that expensive when you think about it. All in all it is my go to foundation on an night out because of its flawless coverage but i wouldn't necessarily recommended it for everyday use.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by stas2335

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this foundation after hearing so many good things about it. The colour I got it in was "Mont Blanc", and when I got home I found it was VERY pale and had a lot of pink undertone, it sat quite heavy on my skin, and felt very high coverage (which is something I don't mind for special occasionals) So I went back and I explained that the colour I had was too light so she gave me the colour 'Punjab", it had the same undertone I was looking for but it was too orange, and I swatched it against my MAC studio fix in NW15 and they were almost identical in colour. Its a good foundation if its in your colour!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Missfancyfootwork

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was searching for a new foundation and after reading countless reviews I decided on this baby and I'm glad I did!! ok so the finish is demi-matte, coming from a normal/dry combo I can say its a very flattering finish. . its like skin! However I do recommend exfoliating your skin at least twice a week if you have dry skin, I did experience some dry patch clinging but nothing a exfoliating sesh won't fix. I've applied it with my fingers, sigma f80, and beauty blender and my favorite is the sponge application. I recommend getting color matched and not buying online. I'm an Nc30 in mac and I was convinced Punjab was my shade and almost ordered online. thank the beauty gods I went to sephora because my perfect shade was figi. I was quite surprised to be in the light category as I've always been considered medium in other brands so definitely get color matched. all in all this foundation is my favorite and love everything about it except the price of course but in my opinion it's worth it!! the whole pump situation does not bother me at all I mean c'mon just was your hands with anti-bacterial soap before you do your makeup which everyone should be doing anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by adhanoa1

I love this foundation! The coverage is medium, but can be built up to full coverage. The foundation itself is very light and doesnt feel cakey on my face. It looks natural and doesnt look like you have layers of makeup on your face. It gives the face a nice glow (hence the name sheerglow!). I bought it from my local Sephora and it was a bit on the pricey side - but its worth it!

The only thing I didnt like was the packaging. It is terrible. If you are paying top dollar for the foundation, there should be a pump. I think its ridiculous that Nars sells the pump seperately on their website.

Other than the packaging issue - great product!