July 22, 2014 | 2264 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by tabscarlon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation after reading so many great reviews on it. When I first got this foundation I wasn't that big of a fan, as I felt it went oily and set on top of my skin rather then sinking into my skin. And I wasn't using any setting powder over the top.

But after coming back to this foundation as I was so fed up with my current foundation (the shade being so wrong!) I now love it! I have the lightest shade and it's a perfect match for my skin. I also now powder over the top of this with Hourglass Diffused Light powder. And it really set the foundation without making it look dry or built-up. I find the best brush to make this foundation really work is a flat top dense foundation brush. It really buffed the foundation into my skin.

Edit: I have now stopped using this foundation as it has caused me many breakouts sadly. If this doesn't irate your skin then it is a great foundation, but for me it does not work at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by labellevie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really didn't want to love this as much as I do, becuase for me it's insanely pricey. But it's worth the $45 bucks.

I have very yellow undertones and my skin gets very pale in winter and very tan in summer. I purchased this in Light 4 Deauville which is about NC20, so it's great for my pale skin and also my yellow undertone. The color selection is great and it's the best color match I've EVER found for my skin.The staying power is also really good for a dewy foundation like this. I can wear it for about 8-10 hours (I use UD all nighter spray to set it).

I have very dry, sensitive and acne prone skin. This doesn't break me out or irritate. I also have a large amoutn of dark hyperpigmentation and the frequent breakout. I was worried this foundation wouldn't give me enough coverage, but it is very buildable and actually covers well. I can use this with two layers and a full coverage concealer on my hyperpigmentation. I actually get compliments on my skin when I wear this, which never happens!

Cons- It can be a bit heavy/cakey if you don't buff in and use light layers to build up coverage. The price is also a bit outrageous for me as I'm usually on a budget. The packaging SUCKS and the cap to mine won't even stay screwed on correctly.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by liorak

First off I would like to say that most foundations cling to my dry patch right between my eyebrows. This foundation is no exception. I find it clings more than my stila one strep oil free foundation. This is meant for normal to dry skin however i think it would only be good for me in summer. Luckily the shade I got (Punjab) is my summer shade and not my year round shade. I personally can't use this in winter or fall. If it wasn't for that I would say it would be almost perfect.

Pro's:
- can be any coverage you want it to be, (sheer to full) I personall apply a little and get sheer coverage. But you can build it up to a fuller coverage
- good for normal skin types
- well package + they offer a pump to be purchased (which I bought)
- lots of color selection for different shades of skin
- free of most harsh chemicals (main reason I got it, I am going for paraben free makeup):
NO PARABENS, NO BENZOATE, AND NO ALUMININ.

Con's:
- Clings to dry patches
- On the pricey side (L'oreal lumi would be a better alternative)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I returned this. No matter what way I apply it (fingers, brushes, beauty blender) it settles into my pores and smears around and looks funky. The color match was perfect for my super pale skin. It didn't break me out that I could notice. I just found that this was not worth $40+ to spend on a foundation when my Covergirl foundation works better!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Gantz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-Offers good coverage
-Lasted all day
-Didn't break my skin out
-Will probably look light and natural on most skin types

Cons:
-Accentuates dry skin

Overall:
I purchased this foundation at Sephora, and I wear the shade Punjab. I have dry skin and I have to be careful with what foundation I wear, because foundation tends to cake up on me. When I first wore this foundation I loved how light it felt on my skin, I loved how it covered up any redness or imperfections on my skin. This foundation lasted all through the day on my skin, I was extremely happy with my purchase. But over time I realized how easy it is for this foundation to look thick or "cakey". My skin just had to be slightly dry in one area of my face and it seemed like all of the foundation would cling to it. I would understand this happening if my face was flaky but that wasn't the case. My skin is usually dry, but sometimes the dryness will subside and this foundation looks really great. This foundation never broke me out, it had good coverage but it just didn't pair well with my skin type. I just couldn't see myself repurchasing something that I didn't love.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Esmeraldaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Leaves skin flawless and is perfect I you want a Light to medium coverage because it is not cakey! Matches well with skin tones definitely recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Meganeprice

At first I was skeptical to purchase this product. After thinking long and hard debating whether to purchase this product or not, I decided to. I love this product! I use it in Siberia which is the perfect shade for my fair skin. It has a mixture of yellow and pink undertones which is perfect. After using it for a while now, I love it and think it was definitely worth the price! I would highly recommend this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by AlexandraSlight

I have combination skin and I bought this product a few months ago as I had broke out in lots of little spots on my forehead and chin and the redness on my face was beginning to get worse so I needed a fuller coverage foundation.
I read reviews for this product everywhere, I searched on the Internet and watched tons of YouTube videos until eventually going out and buying it in my nearest space N.K store.
This foundation is not as good as I expected it to be, don't get me wrong the texture and colours are lovely and the foundation goes on nicely, covering every blemish and imperfection but it claims it lasts for hours which I don't agree with as after a few hours at school or work it begins starts to stick to certain areas of my face and slides of my redness, it also highlights any spots and I don't have oily skin but even after powdering my forehead still feels very greasy.
It is a nice foundation at first but does not stay all day and I paid £35 for this product and it definitely isn't worth that amount of money
I won't be repurchasing

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Annelindw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I fell for the hype, when I bought this foundation. Too bad, really. This foundation does not work on my skin at all - which is weird since my skin is not oily or very dry. My skin is in between - in the winter on the more dry side though.

No matter how I apply this foundation, it does simply not do anything good for me - it just sits there in my pores and fine lines and never sinks into the skin. It looks horrible, honestly. I tried applying with brushes and my fingers, but nothing works for me. I gave this foundation so many chances, since I really wanted to like it, but I just can't..

I have it in Siberia, the lightest shade, and it kind of changes color, when I apply it. It appears a lot darker, which sucks, when you're as pale as I am.

I cannot say enough how disappointed I am that this was not the one, considering so many people LOVE it. It was expensive and I wanted to love it, but it is completely worthless and horrible in my opinion.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nars sheer glow is probably one of the most hyped up foundations of all time. I think the name is quite deceiving actually. There's nothing sheer about this foundation, and it doesn't give you a glow like you would probably think either. I have very very oily skin but I do not find sheer glow to be a problem or make my skin oilier. I did buy the $6 pump at sephora which I think is ridiculous. It should absolutely already come with this in my opinion. I did notice however that if you do not blot when you DO become oily, the foundation will separate. Not a big deal just a note to keep blotting paper on you or your foundation will move around. Even with oily skin I do not have to reapply, it does not transfer, etc. It covers discoloration, but does not cover active red spots very well. Basically if your skin isn't flat, this is not enough to cover it. I do really like the finish and feel of this.

Edit: I had to lower the rating unfortunately. This gave me such a horrible flash back in flash photography. It looked completely white regardless of the fact that the shade I used is much darker than my natural skin tone to match my fake tan. Really upsetting. I'm not sure why this is happening as I see nobody else having this problem with this foundation. I was also not wearing anything under or over the foundation.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No