MAC Lustre in Hug Me

4.2

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cetyl Acetate, Lanolin Oil, Cetyl Lactate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Polydecene, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ceramide 3, Synthetic Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Vanillin [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine Red 6, red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I like Hug Me a lot. Its mlbb, I put this on when I cant decide what to wear. It feels nice and doesnt come off right away. Ive had it now for almost two years and its still going strong, will def repurchase this when I run out.

I'm on my 2nd tube of this which is almost finished and I will definitely be buying it again. This punches up my natural lip color (yes, it's almost the same) which is what I love about Hug Me. It's perfect for every day wear, when I want just a bit of something on my lips that's neutral but pretty without having to worry about pairing a color with my other makeup.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Good formula and non-drying. However, I took off two lippies because one: the formula is too sheer for the color to really show up on my pigmented lips. Instead, I ended up with a MLBB shade as opposed to the pinky-nude I was hoping to accomplish with this. Two, it fades very quickly. This faded a lot quicker than other luster lipsticks I have from MAC. I suppose the color would show up better if you have paler lips but on me, it looks like I'm just wearing a slightly tinted gloss. This is one of many MLBB shades I own but I still use it from time to time when I just want a "swipe and go" color.

I have rosey pigmented lips, NW20 skin. This just didn't even make a dent in my lips. It is pretty much the same issue I had with Modesty, Patisserie, & Syrup. You couldn't even tell I had put anything on. My lips looked nice and polished, but it did not show up. I don't think the MUA would have believed it if she didn't see it. But then again, she had hard time getting the concept that my lips are that rosey naturally. I was looking for a more nude-ish color (not my lips but better or concealer lips, but a toned down, more nudey-pink) and ended up getting Creme de Nude instead of Hug Me. It is a much better fit and reminds me more (look/feel) of my beloved, but LE Innocence Beware. I tried both Modesty and Hug Me because many fellow MUA'ers suggested them when I requested nude-ish colors.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this lipstick! It is my favorite nude in my lipstick collection. It has some color to it and doesn't make me look sickly like some other nude lipsticks. For reference, I wear No. 30 Porcelain in MUFE Mat Velvet.

This product is so-so. Its a very safe MLBB colour, works pretty well as a nude with most eye looks but its fairly boring and short wearing.

The taste and packaging are the better aspects of this lipstick.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

More MLBB than nude for me. Nice color, more brown than pink though, lustre formula, wears off easily. NW30 for reference

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Another lustre nude-no coverage-sheer lipstick. I dont like this color, and I dont like creme d nude, high tea, and all those lipsticks that are sheer, so if you have pigmented lips, this will do nothing for you. Also if you have fine lines, stay away from this. Would never buy.

This is my go to nude lipstick for fall/winter! I really love adding "glamour od" gloss on top when I am going for a punch of color, or adding "nymphette" when I want to keep my lips pretty neutral to balance out a smokey or dark eye look. This product made me fall in love with lipstick again. I have been a liner/gloss only girl for 10 years now, but am trying lipsticks again. I am thinking of getting this with the smashbox nude liners for christmas gifts for all my girlfriends. I can't imagine it looking bad on anyone!

Not the right lipstick for me. I do not get the pink undertones, but brownish ones. Does nothing for my lips really. I own it, do not use it much and the only real justification for it that I can see is the smokey eye look, when you do not want you lips to stand out. With this lipstick on, my lips almost dissapear. I am NW15.

Recommended for Medium Skin