MAC Lustre in Hug Me

4.2

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cetyl Acetate, Lanolin Oil, Cetyl Lactate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Polydecene, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ceramide 3, Synthetic Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Vanillin [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine Red 6, red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was searching for a pinkish/brown lipstick for Fall, and ended up ordering Hug Me online. I should've known better than to order an unfamiliar makeup product online, but I was certain that I would like this one. I can't really say that I dislike this color, but it really does nothing for me. I have semi-dark skin (NC40) and the only way I can describe this color on me would be like a sheer frosty pinkish that isn't very flattering. In the tube it looks nice, but it's just not my color. I gave it 3 lippies because it did moisturize my lips nicely and doesn't have a weird taste like some of the Urban Decay lipsticks.

on 11/29/2010 8:08:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Another lustre nude-no coverage-sheer lipstick. I dont like this color, and I dont like creme d nude, high tea, and all those lipsticks that are sheer, so if you have pigmented lips, this will do nothing for you. Also if you have fine lines, stay away from this. Would never buy.

on 11/21/2010 5:45:00 PM

This is my go to nude lipstick for fall/winter! I really love adding "glamour od" gloss on top when I am going for a punch of color, or adding "nymphette" when I want to keep my lips pretty neutral to balance out a smokey or dark eye look. This product made me fall in love with lipstick again. I have been a liner/gloss only girl for 10 years now, but am trying lipsticks again. I am thinking of getting this with the smashbox nude liners for christmas gifts for all my girlfriends. I can't imagine it looking bad on anyone!

Not the right lipstick for me. I do not get the pink undertones, but brownish ones. Does nothing for my lips really. I own it, do not use it much and the only real justification for it that I can see is the smokey eye look, when you do not want you lips to stand out. With this lipstick on, my lips almost dissapear. I am NW15.

on 11/11/2010 7:10:00 PM

This has replaced jubilee in my mac collection. Love it.

I love this color. I have amassed many a nude lipstick over the past year and this is tied for #1 with a Revlon "almost a lipstick" that I think is discontinued. The color payoff is great for a luster and I can't imagine it looking bad on anyone. I wish MAC lipsticks were cheaper but I do love this one!

on 10/14/2010 12:45:00 PM

What a lovely lipstick! This is a great nude/MLBB shade for me in the Fall/Winter. The color is a neutral pink (to me) that will look good on a variety of ladies and skintones, I am fairly pale with pink undertones (I'm 115 in MUFE HD). Goes on easily, stays put, no sparkles and is just a great every day color that makes me look polished. My only complaint: it's a bit drying so I make sure to use some lip balm underneath. I sometimes top with a bit of clear gloss and that helps too. I would buy again if I run out.

on 10/9/2010 4:23:00 PM

Like the texture, color, and lack of glitters but the price is really ridiculous. No more MAC for me.

on 10/4/2010 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

This is my HG everyday lipstick. It's the perfect MLBB shade. Depending on how pigmented my lips are when I apply the lipstick, it can appear more pink or nude. The lustre formula gives me a little bit of shine without having to wear a lipgloss. I like that I don't need a lip liner, and it's super easy to apply when I'm in a hurry. I''m already on my 4th tube.

on 10/3/2010 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I super love this lipstick! Very smooth, pigmented, nice nude-pink color. I love the sheen it gives not too shimmery or tacky to feel. Just a perfect everyday lipstick. I am on my 3rd lipstick and will keep buying more :)

Popular Lipsticks