July 30, 2014 | 1275 users online

Palettes - NYX - 10 Color Palette - Champagne & Caviar

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by CurlyBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this palette. I have been using it most days since I bought it, along with a few shades from Napoleon Perdis Palette I bought at the same time. True, some of the colors are not as pigmented as others however I just wet my brush to apply those colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2010 12:16:00 AM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great palette of neutrals. I'm one of the older gals here, and am not fond of very shimmery (Too Faced and many others!) colors. That being said, this is very basic, but suits my needs well. There is a plethora of light, medium light and 2 deep shades, espresso brown and soft black. It is a fun palette to mix and play with! Small but not microscopic, slim, magnetic closure. Good pigmentation but not difficult to work with. I've used it every day for the last 3-4 days that I have owned it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by DarkCircIes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Concept and color combinations behind this palette is nice. It is a simple neutral palette. Compact and sturdy enough to carry around for touch up, travel and anything else you do with eyeshadow. Texture of this palette is soft with good blend-ability, it includes both matte and shimmery color and best of all nothing glittery. Most appropriate for office and everyday neutral wear. Provides wash of color around the eye areas creating the so call "no makeup look".

BUT! If you are looking for something with better color pay off, this palette is NOT for you! The color payoff is more intense when swatch on fingers/hands but not on the eye areas which this palette design to be use at.

It is still a good starter palette but I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Plain and simply, I just adore this palette! I have plenty of the NYX singles, and feel as though these shadows are equally as silky and pigmented and blendable as the singles. I love the fact that I have ten neutrals to work with, in a sturdy package that isn't actually all that much bigger than some other quad packages I own. And such a nicely sized mirror in the lid!! I've been very pleased with the results I get everytime I have used this palette.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I'm sorta a newbie when it comes to eyeshadow. I've been doing my make-up since I was 15 but never ventured too much into it until the past three years.

This palette is what I need. I like the color range on it. I love this because it has highlighter colors, colors for the lid, and dark ones for the crease. All in a brown range too! The crease colors aren't super pigmented which works for me because then I don't have to worry about blending until I rub so hard I get wrinkles.

Honestly if Ulta carried more NYX products I'd probably buy out the store.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by mame71430

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have purchased several NYX palettes over the past couple of years and I'm definitely a fan! Because I love the other palettes so much, such as 'Romance', 'Catwalk' and 'Strike a Pose', I don't dip into this one as much. I do, however, find the quality to be excellent for the price. I never have an issue with the shadows fading or creasing as long as I'm wearing a primer.
Anyone who gravitates towards a simple neutral look will love this palette. This was part of a birthday gift that I'd bought for my sister who is very simple but picky with her makeup and she LOVED it! She uses the palette daily and is now an NYX fan just like her (younger) sis! haha

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

After wanting to buy this for some time, I finally broke down and bought it yesterday at Ulta. I'm so glad I did. I was a little leary at first because although the reviews are good, there are quite a few of them up on swap lists. I have found that the pigmentation is quite good on my NW20 skin. I love the shades. They are neutral brown but are more cool. I prefer cooler browns as opposed to warmer browns. Last night I layered a few shades over the NYX Jumbo Pencil in Iced Mocha for a smokey brown eye and it looked wonderful and stayed looking good all evening. Yes there are a few shades that are very similar but fortunately I really like those shades so it means I just have more of them.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Jorid

This is a great natural palette for a low price. It includes a little two sided sponge brush, which is OK for traveling, and large mirror in the lid, as well as ten eyeshadows. The palette itself is good quality plastic, and I feel it safe to bring with me in my m/u bag without spillage.

8 of the shadows are in different browns, some matte and most of them with shimmer. Some of the colours are a bit similar, but not too much to make it a big problem. There are also one white and one black shadow. Some of them are a bit chalky, but most of them are soft and good quality.

I love this palette for neutral looks, but you can also make some more dramatic looks with the black, dark brown and light shimmer.

I would recommend this pallette to anyone wanting a good and low-cost neutral palette
It is only about $0.8 for each colour, which is 1.4 g each.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by mtuckfield

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm on a mission to kick my high-end makeup addiction and have had excellent results so far, and this e/s palette is no exception. I got this to replace my almost-empty BB Shimmering Nudes palette and am quite impressed with the quality of the NYX shadows. I expected the texture and pigmentation to be poor quality, but they are surprisingly good considering I spent about $4 for this 10-shadow collection (50% off, $3.50 coupon ;), I especially recommend this to mature women because the lighter pigmentation of these shadows means less crepey look on the eyes even though the majority of these shadows are shimmery. The packaging, too, when considering the price is pretty good. Highly recommended.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by susanwylie67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this palette! NYX shadows are pretty decent for the price, and these neutral colors are beautifully wearable. It's a great set to travel with, as you can get smokey and natural looks both. The only thing I would have liked better, is if the matte white shadow, could have been an off white or really pale cream, but other than that, it's a great staple to any kit.