Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15

3.8

Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 7.49 %, Oxybenzone (Benzophenone-3) 2.00 %. Beeswax (Cera Alba), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Decyl Olive Esters,Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Propylene Glycol, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, Limonene, Citral, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Bht.

on 2/23/2013 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Like a lot of people, I got this lip balm in the mini size as a birthday gift from Sephora. If I didn't get it for free (albeit slightly free as I did have to buy something from Sephora to cash in on my "free" birthday gift), I likely wouldn't have purchased it because Fresh products are insanely expensive. I think I bought a Fresh lipstick at some point and since that didn't wow me, I've never been tempted to try another product from the line.

Anyhow, this lip balm is pretty good. Nothing awesome or HG but it's nice. I prefer the rose tinted version to the plain version because, honestly, I have a zillion and one plain lip balms that are comparable and way cheaper. The rose lip treatment isn't overly rosey in the smell department. It's also fairly moisturizing but I haven't noticed any dramatic color payoff. One could likely get the same result using cherry Chapstick in both the moisturizing and color fronts. The one cool thing about this lip balm is its tube - it is made of some pretty sturdy metal and has a screw top so there's no worries that the top will come off in your purse or pocket. It's also pretty. Not $22 worth of pretty but pretty all the same.

I took this with me shopping just the other day and, unfortunately, a big chunk of it crumbled off when I went to apply it. I attribute that to it being in my pocket where it got a little melty but after reading other reviews, I think this probably would have happened at some point anyway. Kind of disappointed for a such a high priced products but I've yet to find any kind of lip product that swivels up that doesn't break off (wasting loads of product in the process) at some point.

Overall, this is a nice lip balm. Would I buy it at full price? Probably not because there's nothing amazing about it. As long as Sephora keeps doling this out for "free", I'll likely take advantage because it is decent enough, just not worth the crazy price tag.

This balm came with my Sephora "Give Me Some Lip" set. I would call this an overpriced tinted chapstick. I like the smell and how it feels on my lips but it's very fragile. The balm has already broken up in the tube and it's so messy and I'm probably just going to end up throwing it away. This was an okay product by I'm not super impressed.

on 2/23/2013 2:58:00 PM

I am absolutely in love with these lipbalms! I received the Rose color as a Sephora birthday freebie, and I now I've purchased four different colors! They make the lips so soft and silky, and give such a nice not-over-done hint of color! Great for those natural days where you just want to wake up the face with some color. I have Rose, Berry, Passion, and Honey. My favorite is definitely a tie between Rose and Passion, but I have been through two tubes of Rose. I also like that they have SPF in them since I live in Florida and I like the packaging- it's so sophisticated (but a bit bulky!).
If you are interested in trying these and not sure what color to purchase, I suggest getting one of Sephora's Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment mini sets. (Fresh Sugar also sales these on their website)

on 2/17/2013 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I received this as a birthday gift from Sephora. I have to say I love it. The packaging is great, price could be better. It works wonderfully, way better than chap-stick and EOS. I would recommend it!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

One of the most luxurious feeling lip balms I've ever tried. It glides onto my lips without any stick or greasy residue. Makes my lips feel soo plump and supple and leaves behind a gorgeous sheer red tint. The tube is also quite fancy looking compared to other balms out there. Would I buy this again? Maybe. The price just makes me cringe. It is worth it, but you can also very well find a lip balm of equal quality for a lower price value (ie korres lip butter).

on 2/12/2013 4:45:00 PM

So I do think this is a good product in general, but the packaging is awful. I've had 4 tubes of these (between the Sephora birthday gift and receiving this as a Xmas gift) and 3 out of the 4 tubes have had a huge chunk of the product break off... and I didn't even twist it up a lot at all! I figured that was the problem with the first two, but apparently it just isn't made well. I like the texture of the balm, the color, and the SPF, but what's the point if you lose a huge amount of the product due to cheap packaging?

on 2/11/2013 2:42:00 AM

Am absolutely in love in the Fresh Sugar Rose lip treatments. They are really moisturizing and give a natural rose tint to my lips. It also smell really lovely and I like the metal screw packaging as well. As the balm is really soft, it can get smushed quite easily, so I don't take it out with me in case it melts. The price is really expensive for a tinted lipbalm, but I find it to be the best (have tried loads of other brands including Burts Bees and Neutrogena). There is also a lot of product left in the base of the bullet that can be scooped out once the lipbalm wears down.

Rose is definitely the best shade. Have tried a couple of others (Honey, Coral, Berry, Passion) but I find them too pigmented for a balm.

on 2/3/2013 8:01:00 PM

Oh no, I love this. I feel like Sephora is such a tease for giving us these for our birthdays and letting us know what we're missing! I really, really should not spend that much money on lip balm. I don't have a budget for that. But this stuff is so nice! I love it, but I hate that I love it.

In my experience, this lippy is probably the most moisturizing that I've tried. I put it on and it just melts on my lips (in a good way) and tends to stay put for quite a while, given how emollient it is. It doesn't make my sensitive lips flake, and I love the scent, and the fact that it doesn't have any funny taste to it, like most lip balms with SPF do for me. (for instance, I tried the Maybelline Baby Lips balm and couldn't stand the smell/taste of it, although it looked nice on.)

But ugh, I've almost used up my free tube already and am facing the prospect of buying a new, full-size one or moving on to something cheaper. I like the Nivea touch of color lip balm and the Burt's Bees tinted balms, but I do notice a difference! This does give better moisture that lasts longer. And the rosy glow it gives my lips is so pretty. Very subtle but so pretty, it makes my whole face glow. And it just smells so good! And the packaging is nice and sturdy, and I love that the cap won't just pop off and lead to the lippy coloring the inside of my purse or pocket (it's been known to happen! peace of mind is important!)

Oh, who am I kidding, I am totally going to relent and buy this. I guess the deciding factor is whether or not you often wear tinted lip balm. That's kind of a makeup staple for me, so I need something that ticks off all the boxes (moisture, pretty color, decent smell/taste, SPF) and that I enjoy using every day.

on 2/2/2013 5:02:00 PM

This is a decent product. The tint is so natural and moisturizing. My only complaint: how soft and melty it is, so it's really hard to have it on the go. Overall though, it is super over priced. Will not repurchase.

on 1/23/2013 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Like everyone else and their mom I got this, along with Sugar, as a birthday gift from Sephora. After cashing both tubes, I can see why people like it so much. It's like Fresh took everything about applying a tinted lip balm, and was like, "how can we make every step in this process more awesome, nay, the awesomest?" If only they weren't so prohibitively expensive....

Pros: Smells amaazing, moisturizes well. Feels good on the lips. The tube is super luxurious looking. The color looks natural and makes my lips look youthful and plump.

Cons: It can get a little melty if you take it south of the mason-dixon line in the summer. And, don't twist up too far because it will break and you will lose a $6 chunk of product. (breakage probably isn't as much of a issue with the full-sized version). Alas, the staying power could be a lot better. For color I much prefer the Clinique Almost Lipsticks, Revlon Lip Butters or Just Bitten Kissable balm stains. Also, they're expensive, but that didn't stop me for gifting a few friends the mini trio set that was available over the holidays.

Popular Lip Treatments