eos Lip Balm Sphere - Sweet Mint

3.9

Coconut Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Beeswax, Jojoba Seed Oil, Peppermint Leaf Oil, Shea Butter, Stevia Leaf Extract, Flavor, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E)

on 1/23/2014 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

There are a lot of balms out there and this one comes out on top strictly due to packaging. Let me explain:

First of all, I wear gloves all winter or they get red and chapped (I use Curel Hand and Cuticle Therapy but that's another review) but try getting the lid off of a stick balm with gloves on. eos has a rubberized surface with a little indention at the center and it's easy to twist apart even with heavy ski gloves on.

Secondly, I'm not using one of those little pots you have to stick your fingers in: a.) gross, b.) messy, c.) inconvenient.

Thirdly, I lose stick balms. Constantly. Like within a day. This little sucker is round and I've had it two weeks which is easily a record for me.

Lastly, I have tried those goopy salves that come in a tube like Vaseline Lip Therapy and even Rosebud. I feel like they are running down my chin within minutes of application. The Rosebud version even busted out of the bottom and went everywhere in my purse.

This is a nice waxy balm that melts on the lips and instantly softens them and protects them from the cold air. I like the minty flavor (reminds me of mint tea) and there is only a slight tingle from the mint oil. This package will last me for as long as I can find it, which as I mentioned above is my biggest issue with balms. Fortunately, I can pick this up in the checkout line at Target. I'm going to try the Lemon Drop because it has spf and if I like it I've found my newest HG.

[EDIT] It's now months later and I'm still using the same balm. Haven't lost it, and I still have about 2/3 of the product left even though I use it several times a day. Definitely will buy again.

on 1/23/2014 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Totally adorable packaging! Useless product. Not very emollient for me. I prefer Rosebud Salve in Strawberry. I'm not a fan of the menthol tingle in this one (although I should've expected it with a name like sweet mint). The packaging makes it fun to use and will make a great cat toy when I'm finished with it. Of maybe I'll refill the packaging with my a different balm.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I had the strawberry Carmax lip balm and it smelt disgusting but worked amazing, unfortunately I lost it so purchased this... It seems ok, I do like the tingling sensation but it wears off supper fast and my lips don't feel like there getting moisturized.

on 1/20/2014 10:42:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is the best lip balm i ever had, i bought 10 of this with different flavor, although it doesn't last very long (like chapstick&carmex) this is very lightweight and taste great <3 I will def buy more of this <3

on 1/14/2014 7:54:00 PM

I LOVE this lip balm, it smells great and leaves my lips feeling tingly and fresh! It moisturizes well and leaves my lips soft! I love all the EOS but this is by far the best flavor (scent?). I would definitely repurchase this.

Oh and can I mention how cute the packaging is? It's so handy and heavy duty. All of my other lips balms accidentally get twisted all the way up and then won't twist down. And trust me pushing the stuff back down only squishes it beyond use.

I am not a fan of this lip balm. While I enjoyed the cool tingle of the mint on my lips, I didn't find it particularly moisturizing or beneficial. No competition for Carmex.

I loved the packaging when I first bought it, but later on it proved to be too bulky for my makeup bag.

on 1/9/2014 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Of all the eos balms I have tried, this sweet mint one is my favorite. It is a subtle minty scent and flavor and I love the color of the ball.

on 1/9/2014 5:30:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is my ultimate HG lip balm, and trust me, I've tried them all!! I love all of the eos flavors, but the sweet mint is my absolute favorite. It's minty without being too overpowering, it's a natural and organic product, and it smells and tastes fantastic. My boyfriend loves this lip balm the best out of the dozens I have and says that it gives me the softest lips. The texture of this stuff is the best, it manages to find that sweet spot between waxy and greasy where you can feel it on your lips but it's not too heavy, and it lasts forever. One of the best wear times of any balm I've tried. Overall I love this stuff, I'm on my third sphere of the mint and currently have 4 other flavors scattered around my apartment (:

on 1/9/2014 11:09:00 AM

I got this EOS lip balm as a christmas gift from one of my best friends. When I first saw the packaging it seemed so cute but when I tried it on my lips, I found it drying and not really suitable for winter. But since I love mint so much, I found the flavour amazing and I also loved the cool, tingly feeling this gave on my lips. I noticed that, the more you use it, the more moisturising it gets but seriously, if you have dry lips already this will make your lips even drier. I find this lip balm more suitable for spring and summer because it's light and not as rich and creamy as some of the other lip care brands such as Nivea or Dior.

For more reviews and fun topics visit jennysfirstdays.wordpress.com

Thanks for reading my review!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

My lips get pretty dry and chapped in the winter and buying this was one of the best ideas ever! This lip balm is one of the best and I highly recommend that people should buy this whenever they want a new lip balm. The cool mint feeling felt so good and relaxing. What's not to love about a cool relaxing feeling on your lips? That's when I knew it was working and within a few days I saw a big difference! If you're like me, you probably don't like really strong mint smelling things... the smell goes away after maybe 5 minutes the most. It's not too strong in my opinion. I love this lip balm so much!