April 17, 2014 | 1931 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

I've used Jane Iredale Amazing Base for years but I also own this and use it mixed with the original. That way I get the perfect finish. It can look cakey if you overdo it but the best thing about this makeup for me is how it heals my skin. If I'm having a rosacea flare or breakouts, this seems to accelerate healing for me.

My only quibble is when it's hot it can be a tad itchy but that's true of all mineral makeups for me.

I'm a Bobbi Brown sand or warm sand, Nc 25-30 depending on the season and I wear fairly light during the winter and mixed with medium beige during the summer.

I thinks it's reasonably priced for how long it lasts.And I love the quick-lock container. JI does not have that so I transfer that makeup to an empty BE container.

I know there are a lot of haters of this brand out there but if you have problem skin and are at the end of your rope with breakouts you owe it to yourself to give this a try just to make sure it won't work for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 7:33:00 AM More reviews by anujaaggarwal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was wandering through Sephora testing foundations and was pretty close to buying a NARS one. I never thought that i would like powder foundation, but just thought of giving it a try. The BE sales assistant had a hard time finding the perfect shade for me - took three trials of full-face application, but she did find the most accurate shade. Very close to my skin tone. I just bought the foundation as i already had a brush. I was so scared that the foundation would cause me to breakout, but luckily it did not.

I do not find the application difficult. I just shake out a little bit of powder in the lid. Dip my brush in it. I do not shake out the excess as suggested (as it creates a lot of dust everywhere). I suggest you keep a small towel on your dress while applying as it might fall. Anyways, it is super simple to apply and it covers all my acne scars perfectly. For extra coverage on difficult spots, i simply use the same powder and apply with the concealer brush. The skin looks soo smooth. I apply makeup only when i go out, so it is good that it has some SPF in it. Later on i bought mineral viel too, but i don't know how it helps. The foundation gives me a flawless look and is suitable for my oily skin. Many people have complemented me for how my skin looks when i apply the foundation. It doesn't seem to aggravate any active ance too. The BEST part about the foundation is that in flash light photographs, it does not shine like other liquid foundations. It gives a soft smooth look.

The staying power is OK. It rubs off on everything that touches your face, even your mobile phone if you keep it a bit closer to your face. You cannot try on outfits after doing makeup if there's a chance of getting your dress on your face as it will rub-off. But it does stay for quite a while even in sweaty conditions if you do not touch. It comes off easily with Bioderma miscellaire solution or just any other makeup remover.

Overall, i love it and have already orderd a new one in the same color. Selecting the color might be difficult so do take the time to apply it on your face, because sampling on the hand does not tell you how it will look on your face. Try it, it might be the best thing you ever tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by laurenstarwalt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Im not sure what it is about this formula, but I feel like people either can wear this stuff or they are allergic to it. Personally, I had a horrible experience with it. I received it as a gift because my stepsister works for BM, and I loved it at first. It was so buildable, and it concealed every flaw without looking over powdery or feeling heavy. But then I woke up the next morning...and to my horror, I had a huge red rash and had cystic ance pimples all over. I have NEVER had a reaction to something the way I did this stuff. Which really confuses me, because as far as I know I am not allergic to anything, and how does a virtually natural mineral" makeup make me have a reaction like that? i was told it could have been the finish, so I also tried the veil and the original instead of matte. Got the exact same reaction. So sorry to say, but I will never again try anything from their mineral line.:/

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by woodenshoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I never thought I would ever like a Bare Escentuals foundation but I have to admit that I do love the matte version.

My skin is extremely oily but this foundation keeps that problem (almost) under control. My skin does get a little shiny after a couple of hours of wear but it in a way that is actually quite nice and acceptable to me.

With other foundations I often feel that my pores are getting clogged the minute I apply them but I really feel my skin can breathe when I wear this. It doesn't break me out which is rare because most other foundations and even moisturizers do.

The coverage is light to medium and that is why I use a good concealer underneath it. However, the fact that this is not a full coverage foundation does create a more natural look.

The only con is the price as far as I'm concerned but I will definitely buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by northerngal100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this product (matte and original) on and off for years...I tend to go back to it in the summer, but I don't think it is a great idea on dry skin in the winter. It can get cakey on moisturizers and draws attention to flakes. Something else I noticed is that it sticks to the fine hairs on your cheeks - so you have to run your hands over your face to make sure you don't have a strange powder beard situation going on. I like sheer-light coverage, so this is fine - but if you are looking to cover a lot of marks - I don't think this follows through on its promises. If I have breakouts, I need to use concealer or something else as well.

Anyway, I feel very "meh" about this. I like the minimal ingredients, etc - but I just don't think it is effective for $35CD....

This summer I will probably just stick to a tinted moisturizer and a bit of translucent powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by brookester

I have been using bare minerals for about four years now and I always used the original formula and it was okay. I recently switched over to the matte version and it is amazing! I love this foundation and I think I found my HG . I have super oily skin and this really helped! love love love this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by coral1223

After my MAC loose powder was discontinued, I tried this product and am somewhat satisfied. It's a nice powder but I don't feel that it keeps my combo borderline oily skin matte for more than an hour. I end up using blotting sheets a lot. Not sure if it leaves me more oily than my old MAC powder or what but if you have combo or oily skin, don't expect a staying matte look. It would be awesome if it kept me matte all day!! It doesn't break me out at all though which is great since I have sensitive skin. Would love to find a new powder that will keep me shine free but scared to try something new in fear of breaking out...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 10:07:00 AM More reviews by angiek15

So this is by far my FAVOURITE foundation ever! I have acne-prone skin at the moment due to wonderful hormones and seasonal changes..and this is great coverage for my face. It is non-irrating to me and hasn't been a reason i have broken out. I use this along with MakeupForever Full Cover concealer (which fyi ladies is the best concealer) for blemishes/dark circles and it looks great.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2012 7:06:00 AM More reviews by saltysaltt

I'm sort of back and forth with this product, sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it. I have pretty oily skin and I wouldn't think this would actually be drying for me especially when I use the mineral veil, it's extra drying. I do also own the original version and I think there's just way too many shimmers in there and makes me look extremely oily. What I would do sometimes is use the original formula on my cheeks and use the matte version on my t-zone. It works but it's very much a hassle to have to do that. It also sits oddly on my nose, it looks splotchy. I keep trying to find the best way to use up my bare minerals products and I find that the best way to use it is to apply over my liquid foundation (mufe hd) and take a big powder brush and pat bare minerals matte on top. It looks just okay but I regret purchasing so many bare minerals products in the hopes that it would work just because of the great reviews.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by missjaylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation in Medium Beige on and off for 5 years. I find that this foundation only looks great when my skin is free from scarring and acne. It also causes massive breakouts during so summer so I only use it in the colder months. I'm also not too fond of the packaging - it's messy and annoying to carry around in my purse. With that being said, I will definitely be trying the READY foundation. This foundation also leaves my T-zone very shiny.

However, I like this foundation because it can be applied quick and easily, the coverage is pretty decent, the price is reasonable, and the product will last a long time even with everyday use. I will continue to repurchase this product until I find my holy grail foundation.