August 27, 2014 | 1728 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Ickypink

I bought this product quite a while ago and I'm almost through 3/4 the bottle.

Pros:
I absolutely love this product. It keeps my nails very strong and I notice that my nails grow really fast since I've been using it.

Cons:
My nails turn yellow after removing the polish.
It's incredibly difficult to get anymore product out of the bottle even though I see a huge amount pooled at the bottom of the bottle.
The product is around $17-$18 in the US and I find that a bit pricey for a product, even if I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Jenny05

Nail Envy has improved my nails significantly. My nails would bend easily, break and peel. After I began using Nail Envy they strengthened with a week. I use it as a base coat, over nail polish to help it last longer, and on it's own.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by spinacha

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is, by far, the best nail strengthener out there. It makes your nails hard like a rock. You only need one coat. I find with consistent use of this product, my nails get long. They don't chip, crack or peel.

Applying this product regularly does not dry out my cuticles or nails at all. It smells pretty much the same as any other nail polish.

This product is on the pricey side. In Canada, it costs $20+. I think it is well worth it. I have never come across a product as effective as this one.

The product can be purchased at a number of salons or beauty outlet stores (e.g. Trade Secrets). You'll get a better deal at the beauty outlet stores.

You also don't need to apply it everyday. I find I need to use it roughly 2-3 times a week. Stays on great and leaves your nails rock hard, even if you are constantly using your hands for cleaning, etc.

One negative I found is that when the polish starts to get low, for example, when there is about 25% left in the bottle, it will dry out. I have found that this happens to me everytime, regardless of how long I've had the bottle for or how I store it. Reminds me of mascara that way...you'll never finish the entire bottle before it dries out. The product is otherwise PERFECT, and a staple in my nail care routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by redtigerwoman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been a nail biter my entire life, with the exception of stopping 8 weeks ago. To help me along, my nail tech recommended this and I've been so pleased! It has helped me to grow strong and sturdy nails, no doubt about it. While I was using Butter London basecoat, I switched to this and found my nails were a bit stronger...which is the point! I will still use my BL base to wear as a shade, or maybe to mix it up, but Nail Envy seems to be fantastic. My nails have grown so well, I can't believe it!! No yellowing, no problems, only good things to say.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by imasocalgirl

I have used this product and have always been happy with it. It literally makes my nails so hard they can "chip" if i hit them on a table hard enough! Yellowing? No. You are supposed to remove it once a week and start over. I think it's a great product, plus they sell a clear matte for men!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by siobhan9705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Works great, made my nails look nice, and kept them strong.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by JessicaMary21

I absolutely love this stuff! My nails always snag and break along with some peeling. Sally Hansen works but not as quickly. I love the glossy look. I only find one drawback and that is that it doesn't always go on smoothly...you can see brush marks. The fact that I haven't had any breaks or peels makes up for it. I haven't seen growth but it has only been a week. I also have been applying a coat a day as opposed to the directions of every other day. I keep obsessively staring at my nails. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

I got this as a gift and never really heard of it until then. I read some reviews and figured I'd give it a shot. I have the most stubborn thumb nail known to mankind...when it grows up so far it splits so far down my nail that it hurts when I have to trim it. The only thing that ever solved it was having LCN nails. I usually have perfectly manicured nails and a stub nail on my right hand - gross!

I read a few reviews saying this product cured split nails and I was excited to see if it would work for me. To my surprise, it worked wonders and my nail is now back to normal again! It grew up past the point and didn't split and is now the length of every other nail on both my hands! It has made my nails stronger and more resistant to breaks! It dries super fast and the brush (like all OPI polishes) is big and makes it easy to apply. I know a lot of people on here say its not a base coat....its a treatment but it totally doubles as a great basecoat. When I apply nail polish over this its way more smooth and adheres to my nail really well....making my manicure last at least 3-4 more days longer than usual (I use OPI's base coat normally).

The only downside was I find it did make my nails a little yellow. But I never wear my nails bare so its not a huge deal for me. Its not even noticeable...just a slight colour. I can't comment on the price - as it was a gift but its definitely worth the money and I will repurchase when I run out of the bottle I have.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2011 8:47:00 AM More reviews by envirolawgal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is not a good product. It's expensive. It turned my nails yellow and made them soft and start peeling. It does not work at all. Not sure what difference it made to the others for it to get such good reviews, but I would certainly never buy it again.

The OPI base coat polish, however, works great as a nail strengthener. It doesn't yellow your nails, and it protects them nicely either with color or without.

Don't waste your money on the OPI Nail Envy and purchase the OPI Base Coat instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by RaiinbowEyes

I bought this product becuase of all the rave reviews all over the net. I hadn't really worn polish for years and a few months ago started having polish constantly on my nails. My nails were a little weak before, but did them in and they started peeling, breaking easily, being thin and bendy. I bought this even though it was expensive ($17!) and followed the instructions for 3 weeks. The first two weeks I thought maybe it was just taking it longer to do it's thing and I needed to give my nails time to grow out past the peeling parts. However on this third week I've realized my nails have grown far past those points and there is a LOT more new splitting and peeling going on than when I started!

I will admit the formula does keep the splits together and a little less fragile while it's on, but as soon as you get your hand wet and your nails bend it comes right off. How can this product hope to help with peeling and split nails when it can't stay on them? The past few days I would touch up my ends in an attempt to keep them from breaking off on the "off" days and all it did was turn those tips yellow and make them peel even worse!

Sorely disappointing for a product that costs so much!! $17 down and only splitting, breaking, peeling, yellow nails and 3 weeks of my time gone to show for it. Guess I'll have to keep looking for a nail repair/strengthening product that actually works!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No