September 1, 2014 | 1968 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Jadeke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this stuff. I have a very oily skin, and this makes my skins less oily, and very soft. I would advice you to use it in the shower, because when you put on on your face, it's easier to wash it all of in the shower.
The smell is fine, it reminds me of anise which is nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by keleybean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

So I believe this is sometimes said to be a "cleanser" but I use it more as a scrub after I've already cleansed and removed makeup off my face. It's a weird concept at first, this black charcoal substance and even the scent is a little different, but once I got used to it, I like both the texture and the scent! It works great for my super oily skin with huge pores! I mainly use in the shower though because it can get a little messy...but love this stuff! & would repurchase! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Chemikalische

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

A lovely cleanser, left my face smooth and feeling soft. The only thing is, it got black stains everywhere!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 6:21:00 AM More reviews by delicatepost

This is a much much better exfoliating product than the ocean salt!! It works better too... It doesn't sting your face, it takes out the oils and scrubs well softly that I can use this every other day.. rather than once a week.. it works well on my face.. I need to buy this again..

I advise to use it in the shower, it does not wash off easily otherwise. This is my perfect daily exfoliating product. I don't know why I stopped using it for a while, I did try the 7 day scrub from clinique and then I stopped using them both after that.. I would advise a daily scrub that's soft rather than a weekly scrub that's quite rough.. for me the daily scrub works better.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by firdawsxpatel

I started using Dark Angels about 3-4 months ago. I got 50 grams of it for about $5 or so, just to try it out, and I love it! It gently cleans my face and removes any excess oils, brightens up my face, and leaves my skin feeling extremely soft. I also noticed that while adding this into my skin care routine, I hadn't been getting any huge breakouts, just the usual little pimples here and there. I recommend using this in the shower, because it is much easier to wash off. I tried using this over my sink, and it didn't wash off easily, there was still black left over on my face. Overall, I give this product a 4 out of 5. Also, you don't need to use much. All you use is a pea-sized amount. The 50 grams that I got lasted me 3 whole months (using it every other day in the shower)! I definitely recommend this product, and I am going to repurchase this on my next trip to LUSH.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of the best facial exfoliators out there! I'm so glad I gave it a try! I've always wanted to buy Kate Somerville's Exfolikate, but it was just too expensive. This on the other hand will give you a clean, fresh, radiant, and oil free face with a fraction of the price. When you rub this on your face, you can really feel it exfoliating the skin. It can be quite abrasive, so just be gentle. It's actually very affordable too, because you only use it once or twice a week. I will forever be a fan! Definitely recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by heidi1990

Had high hopes reading the reviews. I had suffered with horrible acne since 14 and i will literally try everthing hoping for it to work sadly this scrub did nothing for me. At all. Everytime i scrubbed my face with this i had some black stains on my face. My face never really felt clean nor exfoliated despite the abraisive texture. I often washed my face with another cleanser after. I wanted it to work but it only made my face feel dirtier and worsened my acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by tangerine6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The experience of using LUSH Dark Angels feels just like any other excellent face scrub, although this feels a little more… abrasive… in a pretty good way if that makes sense. The grittiness of the ‘charcoal’ is just enough to slough off and polish the skin, but not so much that it ends up being irritating. My face feels amazingly smooth (like a baby’s bottom, I tell you) and refreshed after using Dark Angels without that tight and dry feel some cleanser and exfoliators leave. My skin feels clean, clear, and loved. I use it for my elbows too and any other body part that needs regular exfoliating.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by nicolalucie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Overall, I'd say I like this product and it did make my skin look nice but I don't think I will repurchase. I've been pretty blessed when it comes to my skin; I don't have acne and I only get the occasional breakout that is easy to tame. But I do have combination skin that gets really dry and tight in my cheeks and oily on my skin and forehead. The first time I used this, I really liked it. It made my skin look and feel really clean and after rinsing, my skin looked bright and revived. But the more I've used it, my skin began to feel even more dry and tight and I experience some redness in sensitive areas. I think that this was just a little to harsh for me. Plus, not a huge fan of the smell (although it's not so bad, you get used to it.) Nice product, just not right for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by zomgblah

This is such a lovely product. It's basically a sugar and charcoal scrub, so it's really great if you have oily, dull, uneven skin. First time I used it, I was skeptical since the scrubs I've tried didn't do much and instead left me with red, irritated skin. My face randomly gets splotchy throughout the day and the scrubs I previously used just made it worse. But as soon as I washed Dark Angels off, my skin was glowing and soft with NO RED SPLOTCHES! It was like a miracle! Yes this can get messy, so what I do is scoop some product into the palm of one hand then use the other to apply it to my damp face. Haven't had a problem with it getting everywhere so far. I've been using a sample of this for the past month or so and went out today to get a larger pot because I love it so much. The SA told me that the $12 pot I bought could last me two months max but the small sample I got has lasted me through a month with daily use, so I guess it's really up to personal experience. Love this and definitely recommend if you have oily and dull skin!