LUSH Dark Angels

Rhassoul Mud, Cold Pressed Avocado Oil, Glycerine, Powdered Charcoal, Black Sugar, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Perfume, Linalool, Sandalwood Oil, Rosewood oil (VEGAN)

on 3/6/2013 6:08:00 PM

I have used this for years and it it awesome. The smell doesn't bug me at all and the black washes all off. It can be a bit too abrasive but it like it anyways.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Dark Angels is alright, but unfortunately it doesn't work so great on my skin. It comes in a cute little tub. It looks like charcoal, but it smells so good like citrus. All you have to do is put a small chunk in your palm, apply a few drops of water, and mix it into a paste. Then you just apply it to your face in small circles. It looks messy, but it comes off easily. It leaves your face very soft, but in my case it made me break out. Again, each person will experience different results from Dark Angels so go try it out for yourself. Lush always gives out samples.

on 2/18/2013 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

great scrub for body and face. if you use it on your face just bE GENTLE! it is very scrubby and you needent shred your skin when you use this. it sucks up all the oilies and gunk. I use it if i have blackheads when i wear long wear foundation for more than a few days in a row without switching. My daughter uses it and she has extremely oily and acne prones skin and it really sorts it all out. I have used this on my legs too after waxing and it helps with any bumps and dry skin. will repurchase, and the smell isnt bad, just bland, no bad thing! Is a bit messy, but i havent had to change my bathroom cleansing routine to get rid of this, it rinses away just fine.

on 1/27/2013 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

PROS
Love this cleanser so much. It is a great exfoliant and keeps the oilies at bay.
not too costly and very worth the price

CONS
not a fan of the scent, but can definitely look past it
messy, but very easy cleanup

on 1/19/2013 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I was really excited to try this finally picked it up from the Santa Monica Promenade Lush, as it was sold out online for a long time. I love the smell, a deep earthy coal charcoal smell. It's super thick and heavy and the exfoliation particles are a bit too rough for the sensitive skin on my face. Works great on the body for exfoliating. I didn't notice any difference in an improvement with my acne prone skin. I would say its a great exfoliator but BE Careful if you have really sensitive facial skin as this stuff exfoliates on the rough side. Be very gentle and apply light pressure.if your using on your body scrub away!
The reason why I will not repurchase is this stuff is a complete MESS. I have a white tub and after using this it's stained pitch black and has to be scrubbed off several times to remove it. It leaves a tough black residue in my tub. I'm not fond of triple scrubbing the tub out to get this stuff completely off.

on 1/9/2013 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My cousin got me a free sample of this for Christmas 2010 I think (she bought me some soap, and you can ask for up to 2 free samples when you buy something is the shop. But they don't tell you, obviously). It had all the potential to be a great cleanser and it is really but unfortunately the black colour settles in my pores and give the appearance of blackheads, as well as leaving black smudges everywhere. There's even black all over the sink after using this so yes, it would be an idea to use it in the shower. The black marks are hard to remove and I couldn't use this every day in the morning because I just wouldn't have time to wipe the marks off with tissue all the time. It's got good scrubbiness though and does a relatively decent job on making my skin feel clean. I'm sticking to my St.Ives apricot scrub though.

on 12/31/2012 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I alternate this with Angels on Bare Skin. It's a bit rougher and drier, but so far hasn't irritated my sensitive skin and has done a good job of preventing excessive oil production during the days I've used it. This leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth, and I've noticed a reduction in blackheads on my nose.
Also, follow the tip about using this in the shower because it does get messy... And follow it up with a mild cleanser (I use Fresh Farmacy) to remove any leftover black/grayish bits on your face. I have a mini-spatula that I use to get the product out of the container because I don't want to dip my fingers into the tub and possibly contaminate the rest of the product.

on 12/27/2012 6:48:00 PM

One of my LUSH favourites. Cleans great, I am using it two times a week before applying mask. Mask works better after DA. Absolutely recommended :)

on 12/27/2012 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

While this did leave my skin feeling very smooth, it has not helped at all with my acne. I find this also leaves my skin grey from the charcoal, and I have to use another cleanser to remove that, just using toner did not help.

on 12/16/2012 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this! Dark Angels has made so much of a difference on my skin!
I bought it after hearing good reviews but I was dubious because I didn't know if a natural product could make an impact on my super oily and acne-prone face. This cleanser turned out to be exactly what I've needed all along.

I have sensitive skin and this product is very exfoliating so I use it lightly every morning and night. I waited a while to write this review, because prolonged use of the Liz Earle C&P twice a day caused me to come up in loads of rashy bumps! This hasn't irritated my face at all even with the frequent use. As I said, it's so coarse anyway so I apply it to a wet face and kinda swish it around instead of scrubbing. Then I wipe it all off with a cloth. This cleanser makes my face feel so fresh and clean.

It smells good and I can't think of a better way to package it so I like the packaging. It's not travel-friendly, but I'd just pop it in a ziplock bag. Also, I don't think it's very messy. I fill the sink with water, get a little bit on my palm, wet it and roll it around in my hands until it's broken down. I wipe it off with a cloth, rinse the cloth and give the sink a quick wipe round with a different cloth and done.
This cleanser also seems to help keep my oil at bay throughout the day as well. I have always used an oil mattifying lotion under my makeup anyway but since starting this cleanser, I've noticed that I can pretty much go a whole day with no oil! Amazing :D

The price is great for the great quality of this cleanser, 100g goes a long way too so I would definitely recommend this to anyone.