Jane Iredale Amazing Base Loose Finishing Powder

3.8

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 14%, Zinc Oxide 6%. Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Plankton Extract, Algae Extract, Pomegranate Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Chromium Oxide Greens.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product!! It is one of my favs!! I bought it at http://www.agelessapple.com and I recieved it with in 3 days!! It has helped my skin so much. In fact, the whole line has made a huge difference in my skin!! It is so much clearer.

I have extremely oily skin and have always liked the idea of mineral make-up, but it doesn't really work for me. After doing a lot of research on the Jane Iredale products that would be "perfect" for my skin, I splurged and spent a bunch of money that I didn't have to spend. This foundation covers ok, but nothing great. It wipes off pretty easy and within about a 1/2 hour to an hour my face is so greasy it looks like I sprayed it with Pam. I even used the Absence that was recommended to me. Jane Iredale is so expensive, you can deffinitely find other mineral make-up for a fraction of the price that is higher quality. Jane Iredale claims to have products that are good for sensitive skin, however the make-up contains bismuth which is very irritating to a lot of people. I switched to Everyday Minerals after Jane Iredale and it is soooooooooooooo much better, and way cheaper. Plus it is completely all-natural and organic. It also keeps my skin less oily.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have tried a lot of foundation products, both liquid and powder (loose and pressed), but this is one of the best so far. I have oily skin that is very sensitive; this product, not only keeps me shine-free longer than most, it doesn't cause me to break out. It gives natural-looking coverage. I have received many compliments since I've started using it.

Absolutely Amazing! Can buy at www.AgelessApple.com with 120% price protection and free shipping on orders of $100 or more. Also a portion of profits go to animals in need and AgelessApple.com only supports cruelty free products. My face is completely clear since I started using this skincare makeup. continued >>

This is my favorite mineral makeup. I think that the colors are better, the minerals go on less "powdery" and it has better coverage than others I've tried. I've been using it for 5 years. I understand that plastic surgeons recommend it for post-surgery patients.

I have tried the newer drugstore mineral foundations as well, like Jane and Physician's Formula, also Avon, Aromaleigh (from their website). Jane Iredale seems to be a better quality, so I'm resigned to the price. You can find it on eBay for less than the list price, and I would recommend the Amazing Base for everyday use, and the compact one only for your purse.

I was about to give up on this. While the texture is nice and the coverage is buildable (you can go sheer or add layers for more coverage), I found that the color my esthetician had selected (Amber) made me look streaky and orange-y, like I'd had a bad experience with self-tanner. I didn't want to give up; this was otherwise a good product.

Fortunately for me, there's a JI distributor in our local mall. The MUA there tried another, more yellow-ish shade on me (Warm Sienna) and the color match was muuuuuch better--I couldn't believe how natural it looked! It really looked like I wasn't wearing any makeup at all, and it didn't feel like I was wearing it, either. THIS was what I'd been hoping to find.

Applying it is easy. While I've heard good things and read good reviews about the Handi brush, my beloved MAC #187 works well with Amazing Base. You can layer this for more coverage and still not get a "cakey" look.

It's worth tracking this down. Definitely go in person to find a color match; that seemed to be a difficult task. There are deals on eBay and online for this, so once you've found a match, you're bound to find it for less on the net. I'm very glad that I didn't swap this and found a color that works! This is not cheap, but worth it.

Good coverage and it has a low hazard ingredient listing on the skin deep data base (http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com)

After hearing so many good things about this mineral foundation, I was really excited about trying it out. Using it has been a very disappointing experience. What concerned me the most was that it made my skin incredibly itchy. I don't have sensitive skin -- I can't think of any makeup product that my skin has ever reacted to before. About an hour after application of the powder, I would notice my face feeling tight, itchy, and dry, and in the mirror, it looked red and inflamed. I haven't got a clue what they put in this stuff that reacts with my skin (again, I don't have makeup allergies), but that's a little scary. Aside from the itchies, the coverage is kind of blah. I have a little bit of acne, and this stuff didn't do much to hide it. Additionally, it wore off after a few hours. Definitely not going to use Jane Iredale's products again.

Coverage ok.. I get bumps on my forehead when I use this. And it make skin oily..

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I don't really know about this product. It seems my skin has no reaction whatsoever when I use this, which is good. If I apply with a light hand notice no coverage or evening of skin tone, not good. If I apply more it settles into every nook and cranny on my face. I have very small pores and very fine lines that I discovered after dusting this on my face. I almost want to say that this aged me, which is bad. The strange this is when I was this off my face my complexion w/o make up looks really glowy and healthy. Maybe some of the ingredients in this help the skin.

In comparison to youngblood's soft beige, which is what i was using prior to this, this did seem to blend better, and wasn't as thick. But it seems I can control application w/younblood better.

I'm going to give it more of a chance, mabye i need a proper brush...

Update: After using this after a week I started getting small bumps around my nose and cystic acne on my chin. yikes!