July 24, 2014 | 1913 users online

Powder - Jane Iredale - Amazing Base Loose Finishing Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2008 4:43:00 PM More reviews by tparker14

Good coverage and it has a low hazard ingredient listing on the skin deep data base (http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2007 12:37:00 PM More reviews by psyche_07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After hearing so many good things about this mineral foundation, I was really excited about trying it out. Using it has been a very disappointing experience. What concerned me the most was that it made my skin incredibly itchy. I don't have sensitive skin -- I can't think of any makeup product that my skin has ever reacted to before. About an hour after application of the powder, I would notice my face feeling tight, itchy, and dry, and in the mirror, it looked red and inflamed. I haven't got a clue what they put in this stuff that reacts with my skin (again, I don't have makeup allergies), but that's a little scary. Aside from the itchies, the coverage is kind of blah. I have a little bit of acne, and this stuff didn't do much to hide it. Additionally, it wore off after a few hours. Definitely not going to use Jane Iredale's products again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2007 5:30:00 AM More reviews by deeys

Coverage ok.. I get bumps on my forehead when I use this. And it make skin oily..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2007 8:38:00 PM More reviews by typicalgirls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't really know about this product. It seems my skin has no reaction whatsoever when I use this, which is good. If I apply with a light hand notice no coverage or evening of skin tone, not good. If I apply more it settles into every nook and cranny on my face. I have very small pores and very fine lines that I discovered after dusting this on my face. I almost want to say that this aged me, which is bad. The strange this is when I was this off my face my complexion w/o make up looks really glowy and healthy. Maybe some of the ingredients in this help the skin.

In comparison to youngblood's soft beige, which is what i was using prior to this, this did seem to blend better, and wasn't as thick. But it seems I can control application w/younblood better.

I'm going to give it more of a chance, mabye i need a proper brush...

Update: After using this after a week I started getting small bumps around my nose and cystic acne on my chin. yikes!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2007 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Hulagirl1100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best makeup I have ever used. I am 55 and have tried everything, Chanel, Giorgio Armani-you name it. I am on Obagi maintenance now and my skin looks incredible. All I have to do is brush on a little of the powder (I use Radiant), I then brush Whisper Blush on my cheekbones and head out for the entire day. My son is 39 and everyone he introduces me to thinks I am either his girlfriend or younger sister. That is no lie.My endless search for yet another product has ended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2007 1:17:00 PM More reviews by buckheadbecky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After going back and forth and declaring that mineral makeup is just a fad fueled by the Bare Minerals Marketing department, I decided to give it a shot and asked my facialist about JI Amazing Base. I'm glad that I did, and have been happy with the results.

This stuff feels completely weightless and I do see a difference in my skin when I have it on. I hate heavy foundations and that cakey feeling that comes with them, so this was a welcome change. Even my husband, who rarely notices my makeup, could tell that my skin looked better with this on. I haven't broken out or had any other problems with it since I started using it two months ago.

Application is pretty easy--I use my MAC #187 brush, but you could use any big fluffy brush. A little goes a long way--you only need a little bit of this to get a nice glow, but you can put on several light layers to get better coverage.

My only issue with this is that while Amber, the shade my MUA/facialist chose is a very close match to my natural skin tone, it's still a little on the orange/tan side. I'm going to give this another try and perhaps get a second opinion on the color. This stuff is expensive (I paid around $40 for the loose powder), but does what it claims.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2007 4:00:00 PM More reviews by acvdep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm really reallly impressed with this foundation. I had tried mineral makeup a while back and was really unimpressed & found the whole thing cumbersome & messy to deal with. However, more recently I've been very shocked after reading some books (Drop Dead Gorgeous is a good one) about the amount of toxins in cosmetics, and their potential health consequences, like cancer & infertility. As a person who wears foundation on a daily basis I've been on a quest to find a natural & non-toxic alternative and I am so glad to have found JI.

I've also tried Kiss My Face, Illuminare, Jane Iredale liquid, and Everday Minerals... and this continues to be my favorite. I have normal to dry skin in the winter, and have always preferred light coverage, more natural, dewy looking foundations... so I was really not excited to try powders, but this stuff looks amazing, almost gives my skin a creamy look & has a nice dewy glow to it. I apply using a kabuki brush. Overall, this does not give superior coverage, but it does what i want a foundation to do, which is to blend & even out my skintone. I set with the JI Hydration Mist for an even more dewy look, and find that very comforting in the winter months. I notice that the main reason others do not like this is that they can not find a color match, however, Warm Silk is a perfect match for my LLL, yellow undertoned, NC20 skin. My only gripe is the price, I wish it were more affordable, about $40 for a full size jar.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2007 12:48:00 PM More reviews by gemini36

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an ok product. However I don't find that it covers much at all. I will use up the samples but I won't repurchase a full size. I believe it has titanium dioxide.
Just a tip from a M/U artist friend of mine; this or anything w/titanium dioxide is not recommended for taking pictures, because no matter what color you use you will look like a ghost in your pictures. Just thought I would mention this since I notice alot of people complain that it makes them look chalky.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2007 3:13:00 PM More reviews by ohboy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I preferred the pressed base by JI to this one. This one settled into fine lines and pores just like BE. On the positive side, it never caused a breakout or irritated my skin, unlike BE's line. I'm just not a fan of mineral powder foundation. I thought the pressed base gave better coverage than the loose powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2007 8:27:00 PM More reviews by amor_peace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Before I use Jane Iredale's Powder, I used 2 liquid foundations & 1 solid powder foundation. The liquid foundations were better than solid powder foundation that they don't make much flaky as solid powder. However, when I was using liquid foundations, I was worried that they would be absorbed inside of my skin that can cause redness or itch. Therefore, after I searched real pure mineral powder, I found Jane Iredale. I have very dry skin, therefore, I was concerned that this also would cause dry and break out. However, I love this product! It's coverage is best than other products and it is very safer to use b/c other products contain bad ingredients that causes skin cancer or irritation. Therefore, after I found Jane Iredale's I never use any other products. In case of run out, I bought one more for back-up :)