L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion

2.6

on 3/22/2011 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

itss allrighhtt. it does wonderfull separation of my lashes. gives ohkay volume. sometimes, the brush gets me, haha, im not used to such a small brush, in the morning i want to get my mascara on fast, and, well, this takes long. so the brush is something to get used to. i usually layer on another mascara on top of this for more volume, such as Maybelline Falsies, or Loreal Voluminous. i ALWAYS layer my mascaras anyways, so this was no problem. OVERALL: a great mascara.

on 3/22/2011 10:02:00 PM

This mascara performs really well - if you know how to use the brush. The brush looks like a little "torture-ball', but is really a good idea in lash reachability (that's not a word... oh well). I find that if you apply it slowly and actually take time on it to insure that no clumps come out, it gives good results. But, if you are always in a hurry in the morning, then this mascara is not for you, for a couple reasons: 1. You could seriously hurt your eye. I have literally scratched my eyeball before with mascara and believe me - it's not fun. 2. If you don't take your time with this mascara, it gives horrendous clumps. Even when I do take my time on it, I feel that I have to go over my lashes again with an eyelash comb. The only reason why I said I wouldn't buy this again is because it simply just takes too long to apply for mediocre results.

on 3/9/2011 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm generally a L'Oreal girl when it comes to d/s makeup so I was really intrigued when this first came out. I finally gave it a try and sadly, it does not live up to expectation. The little ball of an applicator may be good in theory but because you can only do a few lashes at a time, it takes a lot of patience (yes, that's been mentioned a lot...) to do all your lashes. I also don't find that the brush applies the mascara any better than any other brush. I typically like to do the upper and lower sides of my lashes (especially since they're blond) and the ball makes it more difficult to to the upper side without getting it on my eyelids as well. Now I'm wondering if my regular Telescopic wand will fit in this tube (mind you I'll probably have to switch stoppers too since the regular wand is so much thinner...) In any event, I won't be buying this version again.

on 3/9/2011 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I tend to use several mascaras at once in rotation. I knew I disliked this when I realized it never got picked up for a second use. The brush isn't hard to use, but it does take much longer than typical mascara wands because of the size and shape. Which would be fine if the outcome was amazing lashes, but it's not! I don't recommend this one!

on 3/9/2011 9:29:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got to admit, L'oreal had a good idea with the brush but after putting theory into practice it turned out that the idea of the brush should never have left their minds! I decided to buy this mascara after watching a review on youtube, it really intrigued me. I trusted L'oreal with their mascaras so I was pretty sure that buying this one was a good deal.

Well it turned out slightly different - I found it extremaly clumpy, and to be honest the shape of the brush doesn't really change anything. It didn't really help me access the tiny lashes, in fact it was no different from a normal brush.

So like I said, extremaly clumpy, difficult to use, and makes you eyelashes look like spider legs. Definetly not recommending it. Sorry L'oreal!

on 2/22/2011 2:07:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I admit, I bought this because people on YouTube were RAVING about it...dunno why, it sucks! All it did was clump my lashes together, and the brush was hard to control with such a long wand. Plus it flaked. It's just all around bad!

on 2/22/2011 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this mascara because the brush intrigued me, but in my opinion this stuff is pretty low quality.
The brush is really hard to use, which was disappointing. The formula itself seemed very clumpy to. This was really hard to use :( I agree with the user below who said that this stuff takes patience.
Overall, it gave me lashes a yucky, clumpy, stubby look. Not very pretty...
I think that this mascara is more trouble than it's worth. Might work for some, but it was no good for me.

on 2/19/2011 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This mascara is not my type of mascara it gives your eyelashes a clumpy look. It makes them look longer but very clumpy , i have tried to wait until it dries to unclump them but it's not use they will remain clumpy all day. Do not waste your money on this crapy mascara !!!!

on 2/15/2011 2:34:00 PM

Definitely not one of L'oreals best mascaras. Like almost everyone else, I found it to be super clumpy and the brush is all messy and clumpy too. I think the brush idea is cool though. Overall, I think this product has cheep quality, and I know L'oreal can do better.

I have a love-hate relationship with this product for a few reasons. This mascara CAN clump like crazy if you don't wipe off the excess product before applying it. Once I do that, I take my time and I can get long, separated, fanned out lashes! The wand makes it easy to get in the inner and outer corners to get the pretty fanned effect but it can be hard to use at first. If you hate taking a lot of time to apply makeup, I wouldn't recommend this mascara but if you're patient, you'll like the results.