November 22, 2014 | 1716 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Lasting Silk UV Foundation SPF20

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by pinkdiamond67

This foundation is the best I have ever used, I have tried so many of the high end foundations & disappointed with the finish I get. Lasting Silk gives a beautiful finish and lasts all day, no blotting or touch up's required at all. My colour is 5.5, I am a nc 25. I also set foundation with Armani Luminous silk powder. The foundation has excellent coverage but does not not look cakey at all.
I decided to write this review as I have just purchased my second bottle & never have purchased the same foundation more than once before.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Sadbh123

Wow, this is an amazing foundation !
It's sheer and very long lasting, the only foundation I have which is still lasting at the end of the day.
I use shade four , and it creates a light, silky finish .
10/10

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2010 8:25:00 AM More reviews by laquiche

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Really disappointed by this foundation! I thought it would be luminous silk in better but it was such a bad foundation. I talk in the past because I sold it already. The lasting power is good but nothing special, but the coverage is really poor (luminous silk covers way better) and lasting silk is not luminous at all, my skin looked dull. A big disappointment especially with the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by hunnypinky

i love everything about this foundation. Except one thing is when u take a picture it has a white cast. In pictures it makes my face lighter then my whole body color. thats the only bad thing about this foundation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 3:23:00 PM More reviews by catpower9

Best matte foundation that I have ever tried, This is what I wanted Makeup Forever HD foundation to be. My one gripe is that shade 4 is not a great match for my super pale skin with slight pink tones. I need a 3 in this with a slight pink tone or pure neutral light shade. The number 2 shade looks to light and way to yellow for me. I don't use MAC but I would be about a NW 20 shade.

The finish is beautiful matte but glowy at the same time. I also think this could work as great foundation for TV talent as well. I love the water like texture of this foundation. My skin does not feel like it has foundation on when I wear this. I love how this gives amazing coverage but is still weightless.

I have dry skin and use a moisturizer before I apply the foundation. I use amore pacific gel mosturizer and let it sink in for 5 minutes apply sunscreen and than Lasting Silk. I apply with a foundation brush or my fingers and get great results either way. This is a close match to real skin texture in a matte formula that I have found. I can see how dry skin people have problems using this straight out the bottle but with mostirizer it works like a dream for me. I think is the summer month this will be my day to day foundation as well. I do not use powder with this foundation.

I wish Giorgio Armani made this in more colors like Makeup Forever HD. If you can find a color match and like a matte finish you l may love this as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Ritual

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have combination skin, but this product is very dry, it makes my nasolabial lines awful, it dries out so quickly, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, it's so dry. Doesn't anyone think the same?
It would be great if someone uploads a video on youtube to see how's the perfect way to apply it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Where has this been all my life?!? I'm super picky when coming to foundations, they're always either too chalky, greasy. This glided on and blended in so well into my combo/oily skin. My nose usually gets very shiny after a half hour of applying makeup but with this, my face stayed matte (a very nice subtle matte) for at least 3 hours. And my makeup stayed put all day. I would have never of thought GA would have such great makeup, since they're well known for their clothing and accessories. Their face fabric is great also for those days when my skin is behaving. Please try this if you can!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by cheriesummer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this to try since the counter was out of my normal GA luminous silk foundation in #4.

Firstly, the color to color isn't a perfect match to LS (at least for us 4s), the UV is a bit paler, still no pink so it didn't bother me too much.

Basically my take on this product is that if you didn't like LS because you thought it was to "oily" or something along those lines, but you liked the look- Then give this a shot. Although I would suggest working on one part of the face at a time, this stuff sets FAST.
It stayed put pretty well (i didnt bother setting it with powder since it set so fast and i have dry skin), it wore well, build able, feels light.
I only say I wont buy it again because I have dry skin so i much prefer LS gets it has a bit more moisture in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2010 1:16:00 PM More reviews by junglette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I am still working off of a sample that I received from the Westchester Mall. However, I really think I like this foundation more than the LSF.

I have #9 (same as the LSF). I apply this with either my MAC 187, 131, or the Sonia Kashuk flat top brush. It covers beautifully and lasts for a good 8 hours. No oxidation and no break outs (so far).

The only problem I am having (and if anyone has any suggestions please message me) is that in pictures it gives of that white cast. So it makes it seem as though my foundation is way off when it isn't.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyedBeauty1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I couldn't wait to purchase this once I had finished with my luminous silk foundation. The last time I used a matte foundation was like 2 years ago and that was the studio fix fluid. I hated the way matte foundations made my skin look dry and dull. This foundation has gotta be the opposite of that, it actually gives really nice medium coverage which would certainly be buildable and feels so smooth and lightweight! It really does last a good 8 hours which is why I bought this foundation. The only downfall is that I need to get the correct colour, I was a 4 in the LSF and the SA I would need a 5 so without even testing it on my face i bought the 5, but this is definitely dark, apart from that I can't wait to get the right shade and wear it!