Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV Foundation SPF20

INGREDIENTS: AQUA/WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ALCOHOL DENAT, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, SQUALANE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TALC, NYLON-12, MALTITOL, LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, SORBITOL BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [MAY CONTAIN: CI 77891, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491, IRON OXIDES]

on 5/12/2010 6:40:00 AM

I tried the sample in 5.5. a half shade deeper than my LSF 5. But the result is fine, I dont looked too dark. However I dont think I'd purchased the full size because like the previous version MSF (discontinued) I found that the colour changes on me after 3 hours. And I think I could get similiar result from the Chanel Teint Innocence. Between the two brands I'd go for Armani but as I haven't finished my Chanel bottle, I think they are to similar to own both.

This is a wonderful foundation if you want coverage that would be sheer to medium. And, it does last and last like the name implies.

It goes on like silk. It's creamy. You do not need a primer underneath, because of this great texture. It is not one of your foundations which is suppose to give you a glow although other posters feel misled on this point. If you want glow, look for "luminous" or "glow" etc.

If, however, you have mature skin like mine, with a few age spots, acne spot, etc. then this will not cover and you have to rely on your spot concealer.

I will continue to wear it and of course apply Laura Mercier's Translucent Powder to set it so it won't leave my t-zone with shine around mid-day.

Here's a plus. It does look absolutely Natural! And it does not pool into any pores and look like a cakey mess like EL's Doublewear! You also don't feel like your carrying a mask on your face, that if you smile, it might crack!

I will apply a little extra foundation around the couple age spots, and it will suit me just fine!

You get what you pay for! Try it! This one was #4, the 2nd lightest. The first lightest was too yellow. This color was "spot-on" for my fair complexion.

This foundation is the best I have ever used, I have tried so many of the high end foundations & disappointed with the finish I get. Lasting Silk gives a beautiful finish and lasts all day, no blotting or touch up's required at all. My colour is 5.5, I am a nc 25. I also set foundation with Armani Luminous silk powder. The foundation has excellent coverage but does not not look cakey at all.
I decided to write this review as I have just purchased my second bottle & never have purchased the same foundation more than once before.

on 4/24/2010 1:22:00 PM

Wow, this is an amazing foundation !
It's sheer and very long lasting, the only foundation I have which is still lasting at the end of the day.
I use shade four , and it creates a light, silky finish .
10/10

on 4/9/2010 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Really disappointed by this foundation! I thought it would be luminous silk in better but it was such a bad foundation. I talk in the past because I sold it already. The lasting power is good but nothing special, but the coverage is really poor (luminous silk covers way better) and lasting silk is not luminous at all, my skin looked dull. A big disappointment especially with the price.

on 3/8/2010 9:54:00 PM

i love everything about this foundation. Except one thing is when u take a picture it has a white cast. In pictures it makes my face lighter then my whole body color. thats the only bad thing about this foundation.

on 3/6/2010 3:23:00 PM

Best matte foundation that I have ever tried, This is what I wanted Makeup Forever HD foundation to be. My one gripe is that shade 4 is not a great match for my super pale skin with slight pink tones. I need a 3 in this with a slight pink tone or pure neutral light shade. The number 2 shade looks to light and way to yellow for me. I don't use MAC but I would be about a NW 20 shade.

The finish is beautiful matte but glowy at the same time. I also think this could work as great foundation for TV talent as well. I love the water like texture of this foundation. My skin does not feel like it has foundation on when I wear this. I love how this gives amazing coverage but is still weightless.

I have dry skin and use a moisturizer before I apply the foundation. I use amore pacific gel mosturizer and let it sink in for 5 minutes apply sunscreen and than Lasting Silk. I apply with a foundation brush or my fingers and get great results either way. This is a close match to real skin texture in a matte formula that I have found. I can see how dry skin people have problems using this straight out the bottle but with mostirizer it works like a dream for me. I think is the summer month this will be my day to day foundation as well. I do not use powder with this foundation.

I wish Giorgio Armani made this in more colors like Makeup Forever HD. If you can find a color match and like a matte finish you l may love this as well.

on 2/22/2010 4:00:00 PM

I have combination skin, but this product is very dry, it makes my nasolabial lines awful, it dries out so quickly, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, it's so dry. Doesn't anyone think the same?
It would be great if someone uploads a video on youtube to see how's the perfect way to apply it.

on 2/19/2010 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Where has this been all my life?!? I'm super picky when coming to foundations, they're always either too chalky, greasy. This glided on and blended in so well into my combo/oily skin. My nose usually gets very shiny after a half hour of applying makeup but with this, my face stayed matte (a very nice subtle matte) for at least 3 hours. And my makeup stayed put all day. I would have never of thought GA would have such great makeup, since they're well known for their clothing and accessories. Their face fabric is great also for those days when my skin is behaving. Please try this if you can!

on 2/19/2010 1:23:00 PM

I got a sample of this to try since the counter was out of my normal GA luminous silk foundation in #4.

Firstly, the color to color isn't a perfect match to LS (at least for us 4s), the UV is a bit paler, still no pink so it didn't bother me too much.

Basically my take on this product is that if you didn't like LS because you thought it was to "oily" or something along those lines, but you liked the look- Then give this a shot. Although I would suggest working on one part of the face at a time, this stuff sets FAST.
It stayed put pretty well (i didnt bother setting it with powder since it set so fast and i have dry skin), it wore well, build able, feels light.
I only say I wont buy it again because I have dry skin so i much prefer LS gets it has a bit more moisture in it.