August 29, 2014 | 1872 users online

Bronzers - Guerlain - Terracotta Bronzing powder

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2008 7:48:00 PM More reviews by cat1203

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best bronzer I've used. Most "muddy" up my skin, making it look dull and dead. This one (#2) is wonderful. When I first saw how orange it looked I thought it wouldn't work, but it makes me look like I have a golden tan if I use a heavier hand and if used lightly, it made my skin look alive and not the least bit orange. It also last forever on my face, doesn't streak... love it.. and it lasts forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2008 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

I have the original No2. It's been sitting around collecting dust until this year. I'm usually an outdoors person but recently haven't gotten outside much during the day so my skin is pasty white. A touch of this with a light hand is all you need and voila, instant color!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2008 7:51:00 PM More reviews by darina18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

oh god when they call it teracotta theyre not kidding!! this is ORANGE,bright muddy orange. it didnt look right at all. everyone talks about this brand especially their bronzers so i was extremely disappointed with this. an umpa lumpa is not the look i am trying to achieve! i am going to try Nars laguna next so hopefully fingers crossed i achieve better results such as nice glowy sunkissed skin instead of this orange mess!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2008 2:51:00 PM More reviews by MsPucci

This is the original bronzer, worthy of all the fuzz. It's great and long lasting, perfectly fine powdered with a very subtle shimmer. I made the mistake of bying other bronzers and forgot how great this was, until I tried it again. I might try other bronzer just for fun, sometime in the future...but this is a staple in my collection from now on and until eternity.:-D
I have this in # 02, and my skin is fair-to medium and a bit yellow toned. Such a classic and elegant case too!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2008 2:07:00 PM More reviews by glossybrowneyes

Really flattering bronzer. I can see why it won so may awards. I have it in #3. I am an NC30, and I like my bronzers dark. This one is definitely dark, and seems to have a nice warm brown tone to it that does not turn orange. The shimmer is minimal and it really gives a believable tan to the face/neck/decolette.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2008 10:38:00 AM More reviews by carrieloves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the Guerlain Terracotta Pearly Sun Powder in Indian Bronze which is a beautiful colour for both face and body. At first I found it a bit pricy, but it really is a wonderful product. The shimmer is subtle and extremely classy . The powder is very finely milled so it feels very light on the skin and won't upset oily skin. The particles are small and leave a nice gleam on skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2008 8:51:00 AM More reviews by blushingham

First off, the packaging is lovely. Next, the colour. I bought makeupp artist 00, which is supposedly a new colour, and the warm tan it gives you is amazing . the product should last almost a lifetime, as it is compacted together, and powder doesn't fly away when you swirl your blush. however, it must be applied lightly or it gives you an oompa loompa tan

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2008 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Azuzu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a wonderful bronzer! The color is natural and matte. The texture of the powder is very fine, so it's buildable without being cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2008 3:17:00 PM More reviews by slb74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my - this stuff is fabulous. I have medium/olive skin, and the Terracotta 1 leaves a very fresh, healthy, sunkissed glow. A little pricey, but I feel like it's worth it. I use it with the Terracotta brush, which deposits just the right amount of color. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2008 5:25:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well, I have had the Terracotta Moisturizing Bronzing Powder Long Lasting in No. 2 forever. I hardly ever used it till this week, and I've been using it for two days. The first time I wore it, I looked tan and healthy. The second day I wore it, today, I used a very light selftanner first (Chanel Golden), then moisturizier then the bronzer all over with a big powder brush. Used Chanel 4 Fleurs de Chanel for the eyes, no blush! and a very light lipstick. I went to the Therry Mugler counter to check on a perfume price when the girl behind the counter who has seen me before asked whether I highlighted my hair or what I did. She said I looked fantastic. I said I did nothing but used Guerlain's bronzer and after I wandered off to the Chanel counter, she came up to me and asked me to show her what I used because she wants the look. Let me just say that she is about 20 years younger than me and gorgeous to begin with. She needs no makeup. I told her it was Guerlain and the Chanel girl wasn't happy with me but hey, it's the truth. I also got a guy speaking with an amazing English accent run up to me and give me his card telling me to call him, and another GORGEOUS guy, I mean full full head of salt and pepper hair, stunning smile, fabulous suit, come up to me, ask me what I do, then asked for my phone number. YOWZA. This is a HIT! I wish I had been wearing this all along - maybe I would be married by now!

16 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No