Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing powder

4.2

Talc, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Squalene, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraoctanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Serine, Allantoin, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Methicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Sodium Hyaluronate. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide.

on 3/26/2009 7:47:00 PM

Love it. Love it. Love it.

It's almost as if it melts into your skin.... it's not too orangey, thank GOD. It's blend-ability is great, and the color is realistic. Not too shimmery! I am able to use it in the winter too, as it has a buildable quality to it. This compact has lasted me about a year, and I have used it every day.
Cons: It's expensive, wayy outta my budget. But for me, I have been looking and looking for a bronzer that I am content with, and I finally found one. So I can deal. The other con is the smell... the smell makes me think of old grandmas perfume. It's kinda gross.

But regardless, I am getting another. I ran out!

on 3/20/2009 5:56:00 PM

I do really like this bronzer (in shade 01), because it looks so natural, but unfortunately I have noticed that it tends to clog my pores...

As an extremely fair person, it's difficult to find a bronzer that looks natural. I use this one in 02 every single day to give me a sun kissed glow. I love it!

on 12/6/2008 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I have this bronzer in 02 and it's the one I'm reviewing. This bronzer is just orange and incredibly unnatural and fake looking. I hate when bronzers are orange, and this one is. It also has tiny sparkles, which I dislike. I hate when bronzers have sparkles (and most of them do) I just think they make the bronzer seem even faker and more unnatural lookig, plus I don't want sparkles on my face. Matte bronzers are the only ones I like (and I think that's the way every bronzer should be lol) because they look more natural and realistic and if you don't want sparkles on your face you don't get them, however if you want them, you can always use a matte bronzing powder then apply some shimmer, but it's impossible to get rid of the sparkles when they're in the bronzing powder thus I think bronzing powders should be matte. This bronzing powder also made my face itch, which never happened to me before with any cosmetics. Overall, this bronzer is really orange and fake looking and sparkly. Just BAD.

on 12/6/2008 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This bronzer is just orange and incredibly unnatural and fake looking. I hate when bronzers are orange, and this one is. It also has tiny sparkles, which I dislike. I hate when bronzers have sparkles (and most of them do) I just think they make the bronzer seem even faker and more unnatural lookig, plus I don't want sparkles on my face. Matte bronzers are the only ones I like (and I think that's the way every bronzer should be lol) because they look more natural and realistic and if you don't want sparkles on your face you don't get them, however if you want them, you can always use a matte bronzing powder then apply some shimmer, but it's impossible to get rid of the sparkles when they're in the bronzing powder thus I think bronzing powders should be matte. This bronzing powder also made my face itch, which never happened to me before with any cosmetics. Overall, this bronzer is orange and fake looking and sparkly. Just BAD.

on 12/2/2008 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely adore Terracotta. I have the No 2 and there is nothing like it, the best bronzer, hands down. Of course, like any other bronzer, you must know how to apply it, using the appropriate brush and everything. Terracotta gives me that 'I just got back from a trip to Tahiti' look. I live near the beach, so staying tanned all year round is kind of a big deal for me, and Terracotta gives me the ultimate glow. Terracotta is really natural, not overly sparkly, perfect sunkissed look. It's a bit pricey, sure, but it's Guerlain, and it's totally worth it. I am going to by it again, for sure.

on 9/12/2008 7:48:00 PM

This is the best bronzer I've used. Most "muddy" up my skin, making it look dull and dead. This one (#2) is wonderful. When I first saw how orange it looked I thought it wouldn't work, but it makes me look like I have a golden tan if I use a heavier hand and if used lightly, it made my skin look alive and not the least bit orange. It also last forever on my face, doesn't streak... love it.. and it lasts forever.

on 9/9/2008 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have the original No2. It's been sitting around collecting dust until this year. I'm usually an outdoors person but recently haven't gotten outside much during the day so my skin is pasty white. A touch of this with a light hand is all you need and voila, instant color!

on 8/28/2008 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

oh god when they call it teracotta theyre not kidding!! this is ORANGE,bright muddy orange. it didnt look right at all. everyone talks about this brand especially their bronzers so i was extremely disappointed with this. an umpa lumpa is not the look i am trying to achieve! i am going to try Nars laguna next so hopefully fingers crossed i achieve better results such as nice glowy sunkissed skin instead of this orange mess!

on 8/4/2008 2:51:00 PM

This is the original bronzer, worthy of all the fuzz. It's great and long lasting, perfectly fine powdered with a very subtle shimmer. I made the mistake of bying other bronzers and forgot how great this was, until I tried it again. I might try other bronzer just for fun, sometime in the future...but this is a staple in my collection from now on and until eternity.:-D
I have this in # 02, and my skin is fair-to medium and a bit yellow toned. Such a classic and elegant case too!

Popular Bronzers