Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick

2.9

Isododecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Methicone, Sorbic Acid. May Conatain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oixdes (Ci 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 6 Lake (Ci 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Red 33 Lake (Ci 17200), Yellow 6 (Ci 15985), Carmine (Ci 75470).

on 10/3/2010 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this product in Best Bubbly. I figured it's pink, so it would look good, sort of a natural shade for me. First thing I noticed: the SMELL! Why haven't I seen reviews mentioning how horrible this product smells? Smells like chemicals, it's sick. Second, it's really thin and slick, so you think you're getting 1 light layer, but you're not! I only take the applicator out once, and I even dab some of the excess on the sides of the tube, and I apply. It starts out very thin, I liked that. But wait 30 seconds and try talking... Feeling sticky? Noticing a thickness you're uncomfortable with? Yeah, this product does that! Once I can finally get over the smell, stickiness & plain mess of this product, it doesn't stay. It slowly fades. I'd say it lasts about 2 hours. Could even be more, but like I said, it was a neutral shade for me so I couldn't tell the difference. I can't believe I spend $11.99 on this. I used a $1 off coupon, but still. Big, big regret.

on 9/8/2010 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

What a tantalising product - such lovely colours! And it looks so sleek and elegant in that clear round tube. I am a lipstick junkie and love most Revlon lippies. But this formulation does nothing for me. The texture of the product is off putting - sticky and paint like and impossible to apply with any accuracy or evenness using the applicator provided; it looks (and feels) like you've been eating jam straight from the pot. It starts to set the moment it touches your lips, so I recommend applying carefully and quickly with a brush - and wash that brush out FAST because this stuff sets like crazy. Once you have it on, it stays on forever, the boast about it's staying power is not an idle one. However I found it dry and tight feeling and when it does eventually give up the ghost the results are not pretty - it just seems to rot off in big clumps -never a good look.

I gave it three lippies rather than two because it does have some good points - the colours are absolutely beautiful - so saturated - you will find one to suit you. Despite the patience required to achieve a good application it is an impressively low maintenance lipstick once on, and it really does last. If you can put up with the application and texture, you may well like it better than me.

on 9/7/2010 11:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm an older gal and have lots of MAC of the 2 sided lip color/lip gloss, and an older Revlon lip color (same configuration) which I have enjoyed using, I had tried various dept. store types and none really were comfortable.
I am very pleased with the Revlon "one step". The stuff is comfortable, as much so as the MAC(and maybe more), and it was the best in the field. I like that I don't have to keep applying gloss over the color. I also like the colors, no black or limited pink/coral/fucia. At my age, I need color and nudes don't do it for me. I look dead.
I use lipliner to cover the edges and fill in with the Revlon. Works every time and stays put.
Nice to finally find something that doesn't cost an arm or leg that actually Works.

on 9/2/2010 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

OHHH MYYY GOOOOODDDDDDD!!! I hate this product soooo much!
At first I liked how it looked on my lips...AND THEN...it dried. My lips looked dry and sticky at the same time. The formula even made them feel kind of numb. It claims to be long wearing and I'll just say this.. I was having a few drinks with my friends and I was happy because it wasn't coming off...and then I felt it coming off in huge chunks..EEEKKK. It's 10.99! Revlon has other excelent lip products for much less!

on 8/31/2010 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have this in Permier Plum. The color is nice, and it's true to the color on the tube. The pro's stop there, though. This formula never really dried on my lips (even when I cleaned them off beforehand to remove any lip balm). My lips felt uncomfortably sticky and cakey. I know this is typical of longwearing lip products, but this is the worst I've ever encountered.

Flakes off very quickly if you eat anything with any oil in it - even salad dressing. Will not purchase again.

on 8/19/2010 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I bought this in Superb Sangria, I was in a shop that didn't have testers and I thought this would be similar to the Rich Raisin lipstick (which I love) but it is much, much darker. A bit too dark for my taste, so I only ever really use it as a tint/stain under something else. Colour aside, I don't like the way this applies or feels on my lips- it's hard to apply evenly because it's so thin and I got a lot of darker and lighter patches, and it really did make my lips feel dry. It also has a bizarre and unpleasant smell- not truly awful but definitely not nice either. It certainly does last though, I found it a bit obnoxious to remove but that wasn't after a full day of wear.

If this had been in a colour I could really use I think I would have liked it more- it's finicky to apply, drying, and smelly... but it sure does hang in there. I'm not willing to purchase another colour but I can understand why some people like this line.

on 8/2/2010 4:55:00 PM

I bought Revoln ColorStay. I don't remember if it was "Ultimate" or not. It was a red shade and at first I liked it. It stayed on well, to the point that it was actually hard to get off when I wanted to get it off. Kinda had that gross lipgloss texture, and was annoying to keep dipping the wand in the jar, but that didn't bother me that much.

And then the breakouts happened. I broke out for two and a half months around my lipline after using this product. Terrible. Still on the hunt for a lipstick that won't break me out. If you are acne-prone, stay far far away.

on 7/28/2010 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have this in Premier Plum. Love it. Stays put all day and nearly matches the color of my natural lip. I will never wear lipstick that is not long lasting again. This brand does not dry my lips out. My lips do not peel from wearing this brand. I have used Platimun Pedal and this plum color and love them both.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I tried some of this on in the shop and spent the next 10 minutes after trying to get the damn thing off my lips! So I bought it. I got Top tomato, and its a nice true red colour with a little shimmer. I wore it for half a day as a test, ate food, drank drinks, talked lots. It was as perfect as when I put it on. i'm sure it would have lasted much longer if I had let it. Anyway, I found the best way to apply it is to apply a thin layer to get your grounding, let it dry for a minute, then apply another thin layer to bring out the true colour. It is very pigmented and requires less work than normal lipstick. no lipliner, no blotting/powdering/etc blah blah, just careful precision and a bit of waiting. The doe foot isnt the best, i would have preffered a brush but oh well. Oh, don't forget to get the inner parts of your lips, or you'll look like a wally. Also: yes, the formula is drying. What do you expect, from a lip colour that lasts this long? I think the people complaining about this really don't understand what they are getting with the product. Its a lip colour, that STAYS ON. its not meant to condition your lips, its meant to look pretty. If you apply too thick a layer it feels a lot worse than it should. If you need to keep the dryness at bay, slick some normal lipstick/balm/gloss over the top, but it will wear the colour away a little faster. I personally found top tomato matches L'oreal's Penelope lipstick (the one for penelope cruz) perfectly. So I put some of that on to combat some of the dryness and I have some pretty freaking beautiful lips. I never got red lipstick to work for me without rubbing off within 10 minutes. no longer. hopefully I will get to wear this outside of fancy dress!

on 7/19/2010 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I found this awful for me. It was so sticky on my lips.
The range of shades looks amazing, but the formula is not for me.
I'd prefer to stick to regular lipstick.

Popular Lipsticks