October 20, 2014 | 1398 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have this in Permier Plum. The color is nice, and it's true to the color on the tube. The pro's stop there, though. This formula never really dried on my lips (even when I cleaned them off beforehand to remove any lip balm). My lips felt uncomfortably sticky and cakey. I know this is typical of longwearing lip products, but this is the worst I've ever encountered.

Flakes off very quickly if you eat anything with any oil in it - even salad dressing. Will not purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2010 10:41:00 AM More reviews by skwerlie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in Superb Sangria, I was in a shop that didn't have testers and I thought this would be similar to the Rich Raisin lipstick (which I love) but it is much, much darker. A bit too dark for my taste, so I only ever really use it as a tint/stain under something else. Colour aside, I don't like the way this applies or feels on my lips- it's hard to apply evenly because it's so thin and I got a lot of darker and lighter patches, and it really did make my lips feel dry. It also has a bizarre and unpleasant smell- not truly awful but definitely not nice either. It certainly does last though, I found it a bit obnoxious to remove but that wasn't after a full day of wear.

If this had been in a colour I could really use I think I would have liked it more- it's finicky to apply, drying, and smelly... but it sure does hang in there. I'm not willing to purchase another colour but I can understand why some people like this line.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2010 4:55:00 PM More reviews by genahy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought Revoln ColorStay. I don't remember if it was "Ultimate" or not. It was a red shade and at first I liked it. It stayed on well, to the point that it was actually hard to get off when I wanted to get it off. Kinda had that gross lipgloss texture, and was annoying to keep dipping the wand in the jar, but that didn't bother me that much.

And then the breakouts happened. I broke out for two and a half months around my lipline after using this product. Terrible. Still on the hunt for a lipstick that won't break me out. If you are acne-prone, stay far far away.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Bellinop

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Premier Plum. Love it. Stays put all day and nearly matches the color of my natural lip. I will never wear lipstick that is not long lasting again. This brand does not dry my lips out. My lips do not peel from wearing this brand. I have used Platimun Pedal and this plum color and love them both.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by apricotmuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried some of this on in the shop and spent the next 10 minutes after trying to get the damn thing off my lips! So I bought it. I got Top tomato, and its a nice true red colour with a little shimmer. I wore it for half a day as a test, ate food, drank drinks, talked lots. It was as perfect as when I put it on. i'm sure it would have lasted much longer if I had let it. Anyway, I found the best way to apply it is to apply a thin layer to get your grounding, let it dry for a minute, then apply another thin layer to bring out the true colour. It is very pigmented and requires less work than normal lipstick. no lipliner, no blotting/powdering/etc blah blah, just careful precision and a bit of waiting. The doe foot isnt the best, i would have preffered a brush but oh well. Oh, don't forget to get the inner parts of your lips, or you'll look like a wally. Also: yes, the formula is drying. What do you expect, from a lip colour that lasts this long? I think the people complaining about this really don't understand what they are getting with the product. Its a lip colour, that STAYS ON. its not meant to condition your lips, its meant to look pretty. If you apply too thick a layer it feels a lot worse than it should. If you need to keep the dryness at bay, slick some normal lipstick/balm/gloss over the top, but it will wear the colour away a little faster. I personally found top tomato matches L'oreal's Penelope lipstick (the one for penelope cruz) perfectly. So I put some of that on to combat some of the dryness and I have some pretty freaking beautiful lips. I never got red lipstick to work for me without rubbing off within 10 minutes. no longer. hopefully I will get to wear this outside of fancy dress!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2010 5:04:00 AM More reviews by Mary4MU

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this awful for me. It was so sticky on my lips.
The range of shades looks amazing, but the formula is not for me.
I'd prefer to stick to regular lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by janney1957

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wonderful! It lasts and lasts and lasts... Be careful, though--the colors are lovely, but they are highly pigmented. A little goes a long way! I took one lippie off due to the applicator. I hate sponge applicators!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Knharning

Thought colors were beautiful, and they do last on my lips for most of the day through eating, drinking etc.
BUT:
The formulation is off because it starts to crumble up on my lips once the liquid formula starts to dry into a lipstick texture. Very uneven, which makes it look and feel kind of terrible.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2010 5:45:00 AM More reviews by Jenny__Girl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried this in several colors and the results are all about the same. Some colors are better than others, but the formula doesn't change!

The product is VERY liquid-y. I applies unevenly and patchy due to to the formula. I try to get a thin coat as evenly as possible all over my lips.

I use it as a color base for my lip glosses, including Revlon Super Lustrous, which I like very much. Once I get a layer as described above applied to my lips, I let it dry completely. It does take a minute or more for the sticky, tacky, tight feeling to go away.

I then apply my selected gloss over this base. The color then wears evenly all day and you are left with a nice tint of color to your lips even after the gloss has worn completely off.

Based on the way I apply it, I like the product and would re-purchase it. However, if I didn't apply it as such, and depending on the Ultimate Liquid Lipstick alone, it would be a BIG thumbs down!

It's not something I depend on daily, but when I need a long wearing formula, this works the best for me. It's nice to have about 3 colors available as bases. No more is necessary.

I don't find it dries my lips out in the end, as though it feels it is when wearing it. A creamy gloss over it really makes a difference.

If anyone else uses this product this way too, let me know your thoughts!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2010 10:35:00 AM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

New thoughts on this the first time i tried it it was awesome went on smooth and lasted FOREVER and was easy to remove. Now i wore it over a lipstick and when you apply it it goes on uneven cuz its so liquidly and though out the day of wearing it it gets really chunky,thick and flaky on you lips. its soo nasty feeling& looking. So im not a fan any more