August 22, 2014 | 1854 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by apricotmuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried some of this on in the shop and spent the next 10 minutes after trying to get the damn thing off my lips! So I bought it. I got Top tomato, and its a nice true red colour with a little shimmer. I wore it for half a day as a test, ate food, drank drinks, talked lots. It was as perfect as when I put it on. i'm sure it would have lasted much longer if I had let it. Anyway, I found the best way to apply it is to apply a thin layer to get your grounding, let it dry for a minute, then apply another thin layer to bring out the true colour. It is very pigmented and requires less work than normal lipstick. no lipliner, no blotting/powdering/etc blah blah, just careful precision and a bit of waiting. The doe foot isnt the best, i would have preffered a brush but oh well. Oh, don't forget to get the inner parts of your lips, or you'll look like a wally. Also: yes, the formula is drying. What do you expect, from a lip colour that lasts this long? I think the people complaining about this really don't understand what they are getting with the product. Its a lip colour, that STAYS ON. its not meant to condition your lips, its meant to look pretty. If you apply too thick a layer it feels a lot worse than it should. If you need to keep the dryness at bay, slick some normal lipstick/balm/gloss over the top, but it will wear the colour away a little faster. I personally found top tomato matches L'oreal's Penelope lipstick (the one for penelope cruz) perfectly. So I put some of that on to combat some of the dryness and I have some pretty freaking beautiful lips. I never got red lipstick to work for me without rubbing off within 10 minutes. no longer. hopefully I will get to wear this outside of fancy dress!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2010 5:04:00 AM More reviews by Mary4MU

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this awful for me. It was so sticky on my lips.
The range of shades looks amazing, but the formula is not for me.
I'd prefer to stick to regular lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by janney1957

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wonderful! It lasts and lasts and lasts... Be careful, though--the colors are lovely, but they are highly pigmented. A little goes a long way! I took one lippie off due to the applicator. I hate sponge applicators!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Knharning

Thought colors were beautiful, and they do last on my lips for most of the day through eating, drinking etc.
BUT:
The formulation is off because it starts to crumble up on my lips once the liquid formula starts to dry into a lipstick texture. Very uneven, which makes it look and feel kind of terrible.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2010 5:45:00 AM More reviews by Jenny__Girl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried this in several colors and the results are all about the same. Some colors are better than others, but the formula doesn't change!

The product is VERY liquid-y. I applies unevenly and patchy due to to the formula. I try to get a thin coat as evenly as possible all over my lips.

I use it as a color base for my lip glosses, including Revlon Super Lustrous, which I like very much. Once I get a layer as described above applied to my lips, I let it dry completely. It does take a minute or more for the sticky, tacky, tight feeling to go away.

I then apply my selected gloss over this base. The color then wears evenly all day and you are left with a nice tint of color to your lips even after the gloss has worn completely off.

Based on the way I apply it, I like the product and would re-purchase it. However, if I didn't apply it as such, and depending on the Ultimate Liquid Lipstick alone, it would be a BIG thumbs down!

It's not something I depend on daily, but when I need a long wearing formula, this works the best for me. It's nice to have about 3 colors available as bases. No more is necessary.

I don't find it dries my lips out in the end, as though it feels it is when wearing it. A creamy gloss over it really makes a difference.

If anyone else uses this product this way too, let me know your thoughts!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2010 10:35:00 AM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

New thoughts on this the first time i tried it it was awesome went on smooth and lasted FOREVER and was easy to remove. Now i wore it over a lipstick and when you apply it it goes on uneven cuz its so liquidly and though out the day of wearing it it gets really chunky,thick and flaky on you lips. its soo nasty feeling& looking. So im not a fan any more

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2010 9:27:00 AM More reviews by wilmyk8s

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've really tried to like this because I found a great color I'd been looking for, but it's just not for me. It goes on ok, but within a couple of minutes it sinks in and looks awful. I've tried making sure my lips were exfoliated, tried lathering on gloss under and over this, but it still makes my lips look painfully dry. It also doesn't stay in place-- as soon as my lips touch, the color is removed from the area where they meet, leaving me with a line across my lips with no color.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by naughtybutnice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

reasonable price, love the color, good staying power, non-flaking but HATE the smell. i got this in iconic iris and it gives my lips the right amount of color+glossy shine, doesn't fade or flake throughout the day and all i have to do is reapply some clear gloss every couple hours but OMG THE SMELL, i absolutely cannot stand it, i have to hold my breath everytime i apply it in the morning so for that i will not re-purchase (i have a very sensitive nose)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by cutieanik

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

First I bought this lipstick in Regal Rose for myself and Top Tomato for my sister and we loved it. It was highly pigmented, stayed on all day, barely faded, and it didn't become flaky like other long wearing lipsticks I've tried. It is a matte finish without gloss on top which didn't bother me since I prefer matte.

I was so excited I went to CVS and bought two more, in different colors, and they felt like different lipsticks! The pigmentation was bad, they were sticky, and they dried into my lines.

I still give it 4 lippies because Regal Rose is so pretty and it works for me, even though the others don't really work.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2010 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Xandrra

I got this for a euro at a local store that was getting rid of Revlon. And to tell the truth it wasn't worth more. The colour seems to change on my lips once it dries, it accentuates any dry patches and in general looks like I have paint or plastic on my lips, not a good look. Would not repurchase.