July 31, 2014 | 1010 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2010 5:04:00 AM More reviews by Mary4MU

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this awful for me. It was so sticky on my lips.
The range of shades looks amazing, but the formula is not for me.
I'd prefer to stick to regular lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by janney1957

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wonderful! It lasts and lasts and lasts... Be careful, though--the colors are lovely, but they are highly pigmented. A little goes a long way! I took one lippie off due to the applicator. I hate sponge applicators!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Knharning

Thought colors were beautiful, and they do last on my lips for most of the day through eating, drinking etc.
BUT:
The formulation is off because it starts to crumble up on my lips once the liquid formula starts to dry into a lipstick texture. Very uneven, which makes it look and feel kind of terrible.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2010 5:45:00 AM More reviews by Jenny__Girl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried this in several colors and the results are all about the same. Some colors are better than others, but the formula doesn't change!

The product is VERY liquid-y. I applies unevenly and patchy due to to the formula. I try to get a thin coat as evenly as possible all over my lips.

I use it as a color base for my lip glosses, including Revlon Super Lustrous, which I like very much. Once I get a layer as described above applied to my lips, I let it dry completely. It does take a minute or more for the sticky, tacky, tight feeling to go away.

I then apply my selected gloss over this base. The color then wears evenly all day and you are left with a nice tint of color to your lips even after the gloss has worn completely off.

Based on the way I apply it, I like the product and would re-purchase it. However, if I didn't apply it as such, and depending on the Ultimate Liquid Lipstick alone, it would be a BIG thumbs down!

It's not something I depend on daily, but when I need a long wearing formula, this works the best for me. It's nice to have about 3 colors available as bases. No more is necessary.

I don't find it dries my lips out in the end, as though it feels it is when wearing it. A creamy gloss over it really makes a difference.

If anyone else uses this product this way too, let me know your thoughts!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2010 10:35:00 AM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

New thoughts on this the first time i tried it it was awesome went on smooth and lasted FOREVER and was easy to remove. Now i wore it over a lipstick and when you apply it it goes on uneven cuz its so liquidly and though out the day of wearing it it gets really chunky,thick and flaky on you lips. its soo nasty feeling& looking. So im not a fan any more

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2010 9:27:00 AM More reviews by wilmyk8s

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've really tried to like this because I found a great color I'd been looking for, but it's just not for me. It goes on ok, but within a couple of minutes it sinks in and looks awful. I've tried making sure my lips were exfoliated, tried lathering on gloss under and over this, but it still makes my lips look painfully dry. It also doesn't stay in place-- as soon as my lips touch, the color is removed from the area where they meet, leaving me with a line across my lips with no color.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by naughtybutnice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

reasonable price, love the color, good staying power, non-flaking but HATE the smell. i got this in iconic iris and it gives my lips the right amount of color+glossy shine, doesn't fade or flake throughout the day and all i have to do is reapply some clear gloss every couple hours but OMG THE SMELL, i absolutely cannot stand it, i have to hold my breath everytime i apply it in the morning so for that i will not re-purchase (i have a very sensitive nose)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by cutieanik

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

First I bought this lipstick in Regal Rose for myself and Top Tomato for my sister and we loved it. It was highly pigmented, stayed on all day, barely faded, and it didn't become flaky like other long wearing lipsticks I've tried. It is a matte finish without gloss on top which didn't bother me since I prefer matte.

I was so excited I went to CVS and bought two more, in different colors, and they felt like different lipsticks! The pigmentation was bad, they were sticky, and they dried into my lines.

I still give it 4 lippies because Regal Rose is so pretty and it works for me, even though the others don't really work.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2010 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Xandrra

I got this for a euro at a local store that was getting rid of Revlon. And to tell the truth it wasn't worth more. The colour seems to change on my lips once it dries, it accentuates any dry patches and in general looks like I have paint or plastic on my lips, not a good look. Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2010 11:12:00 PM More reviews by paulamwiggins

I am still on the hunt for a lipstick that will feel wonderful on my lips and last all day long. This is the closest I've found so far. All other all-day wear lipsticks I have tried have torn my lips apart. And the idea of constantly applying a clear "topcoat" sort of defeats the purpose for me.

This lipstick really does last a good eight hours. It fades pretty evenly over that time, but the color stays put and still has some presence after eight hours of talking, drinking, eating, even a workout. It is drying, but it does not tear up my lips. One night of vaseline will moisten them up just fine.

The colors are lovely and true to the clear packaging. I got Premium Pink, and it is particularly lovely when my fair skin is a bit tanned. I learned a little bit goes a very long way. Apply with a light hand and let dry. It really will last like crazy. I do find a little gloss or balm applied later on. . . once will do. . . helps prevent the dryness. It does have a "tacky" feel even when dry, but it's only noticeable for me if I intentionally "moosh" my lips together. I have a feeling there will never be a perfect, moisturizing, long-wearing color that feels like silk on your lips. This is not it. But overall, this is a great product if you want fuss-proof, reliable color that will not torture your lips.

*EDIT* I went back and purchased this in "Best Bubbly" as well. LOVE this shade for a neutral, pinky-peach lip on my fair, neutral to cool skin. So lovely. Perfect to pair with a smoky eye. Just enough color for a little presence and polish when I am not in a "pink mood"....

*Last Edit* Picked it up today in Top Notch Tulip. Another winner. Love the colors in this line! And love that I can drink coffee, eat an apple, go through a workout, and still have nice color on my lips. . . .

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No