August 1, 2014 | 1271 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lancome - Genifique

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 4:01:00 AM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

With rave of Genifique, Iíve decided to give it a try. Iíve used this over 2 weeks, I see improvement but there wasnít a wow factor. Yes, I see my skin texture is smoother, more radiant. Are there more suppose to happened to my skin?

The texture is very light and was easily absorb on my combination skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by KandEandS

Its a great product..it glides on smoothly with a consistency as thin as water. Smells nice and after using it for almost a month i saw a small improvement with my skin tone..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by QUEENxClayer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The price is insane and I'm not the biggest fan of the packaging. The bottle isn't clear, so you can't tell how much of the product is left. The doppler is glass, which I didn't like.

As far as the product goes, I really, REALLY love it. I put this on every morning and every night after washing my face. It works as a great moisturizer. I have noticed my skin to be softer and it helps to even my skin tone, too.

I wanted to get this for preventative reasons. I don't have wrinkles, so I don't know how well this helps with that. I will repurchase this again because I have acne prone skin, and I've noticed my break outs have been occurring less since using this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Ellie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I never break out but after trying this (gwp) I broke out terribly.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by MaddyKate93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

OMG I am in love.
This stuff is amazing. It makes my skin look and feel so smooth and soft!
Followed with Teint Idole Ultra and Effecernes concealer, My skin looks amazing!!!!
Its really expensive but it's worth its weight in gold. The day I stop buying this is the day I lose all hope lol
AMAZING

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 9:02:00 AM More reviews by neenakim

I have Asian, combination/dry skin with no wrinkles.
My skin has been more or less good from young
but started to look dull with bad complexion.
Then I got a 7 days sample first from my mother in law and tried it.
It was nice then, and I decided to change my whole skin rituals
to Lancome few months ago with all new products.

Really, the change is dramatic. Complexion wise, I literally glow.
People asked me what I have done to my face.
I use this with Visionnaire and other primordial range products
every morning and night. I don't think this change is
brought by genifique alone but all together efforts,
especially with visionnaire.

I cannot comment on pores or fine lines as yet since I don't have any
but complextion and general 'healthy look' of the skin, yes,
it made a hell lot of difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by bertrambabe

I was happy using this product. Ive moved on to EL Advance Night Repair for now, but I always keep a little bottle of this with me wherever I go...why, you ask? I kid you not IT HEALS COLD SORES!!!!! It has been a lifesaver for me. (i combine treatments of teabag compresses followed by salisilic acid cream, lysine and valtrex tablets and the genefique--put the genefique on about every 3 hours.) The Genifique made all the difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by JunkieXL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for two weeks now; two times a day, morning and night. I use it together with the Genefique Repair Night Cream and for me... It works wonders on my face. I'm in my early thirties and started to notice some small lines and overall uneven complexion. (partially due to severe acne when I was younger) I bought it as a set: a full size serum, a trial size night cream and a trial size eye cream. In the morning, I dab the serum on my face, under my makeup, and I notice my skin looks a lot fresher during the day. At night I put on the serum and top it with the night cream; in the morning my skin feels soft and comfortable and looks even and healthy. In the morning I only have to use a little toner on a cotton pad, wipe my face with it and apply a few drops of Genefique serum and my face is ready for makeup. It's easy to dose (pump bottle) and the packaging looks luxe and sleek. My only two BUT:
* It doesn't have a SPF so you have to put on another layer of cream to have your SPF... I'm more about all-in-one.
* It is a bit runny and when you put in on your hand, it doesn't really look attractive to put it on your face. A sleeker feel would be nice. (a little more like Olay Regenerist, which feels more silky)

Overall... Expensive (maybe a bit too pricey?) but on the right type of skin it can really make a difference. Wouldn't advice it to those with very sensitive skin; it might be a little too much.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2012 1:23:00 AM More reviews by TacoFlavoredKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's true what everyone else here seems to say about this serum- it feels like you are applying plain old water to your face. It does absolutely nothing. This is the least remarkable item I have probably ever used on my face :/ I have had the best results with my trusty Dior One Essentiel.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by razzledooda

My normal go to serum is Estee Lauder Advance Night Repair. Tried some large size samples of Genifique when it was launched in the UK. It wasn't bad, but it was nothing special. Couldn't see what the hype was about personally. It's a perfectly fine product, but I rated it lowly because it seems very overpriced. The product quality does not justify the price. I much prefer the Estee Lauder version, which is also quite a bit cheaper. However, my mother (mid fifties) much prefers Genifique and isn't wowed by the Estee Lauder serum. I would not buy Genifique myself. I would use it if I received a sample or it was a gift. I am usually fond of Lancome products, but to me Genifique was not amazing as it was made out to be. Maybe it has more of an effect on mature skins?

n.b. one of my lecturers in a lecture on clinical trials & statistics pointed out that the trials conducted for Genifique were too small to demonstrate a significant effect.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No