February 1, 2015 | 1315 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lancome - Genifique

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by amakeupmistress

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was expecting soooo much from my Genifique, and at first I was very impressed with the delicate moisturization that I immediately felt. But after about three days of using this product I broke out in my T-zone. Now I have horridly inconvenient combination skin, and while it amazed me on the dry spots, it overdid its magic on the oily bits... which I suppose is to be expected from such a rich serum. I will continue to use it on the driest parts of my face and also...when my eye cream is up, it will become my new eye serum!!! which it seems works ever so well for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

I really like this product, but wow what a price! It makes my skin smoother, and overall a better texture. I find my skin looks better and brighter. I think this MAY be giving me a few pimples.. but I'm not sure yet.

Update: May 1/12
I find that this gave me a few pimples around my chin, which left scars that I never had had before :(. It also gave me pimples on my temples. I only use this on my cheeks now, as my cheeks are normal-dry skin. It continues to keep the skin very soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 6:24:00 AM More reviews by Tirje980

I looove this serum. My skin is a lot better after i started using the whole genifique range. I used to have rough dark patches on my cheeks and this serum really evens out my skintone and makes my skin smoother and just a lot brighter!! It did break me out a little bit but i continued using it and now i don't break out and my skin is beautiful.. It is expensive but i think its worth it and i put my good skin down to Lancome genifique.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by BellaVespa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've heard a lot of people rave about this product so i decided to research it before actually running out and buying. Every review i saw online was all positive feedback so i went to the Lancome counter and asked if they had the 7 day sample and the lady gave me the 'you can't afford this' look and told me they didn't have any -_- So i just bought it without thinking that it could be a waste of money. After using it for the first week i did see a difference in my face, it looked so much smoother and the tiredness around my eyes disappeared! After that week i broke out on my cheeks so i stopped using it and my pimples started clearing up, but just to make sure it was this product that broke me out i decided to use it again and yep i broke out again but worse than before! I refuse to use this product ever again and i plan on giving the rest to my mum to use.

I bought this few months ago and my cheeks are just starting to heal now.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2012 5:43:00 AM More reviews by LucyJoC

I had bought the Genifique product on a whim (and afterward bought the Visionnaire product). Initially I did notice some improvement in my skintone and it cleared up some little dry patches I developed around my eyes after having my daughter. I didn't break out as such like some reviewers noted however my cheeks became bumpy (not spotty just bumpy in texture) and I wouldn't say it helped the hormonal breakouts I get on my chin. The bottle looks nice but its rubbish in the fact that you can't get all the product out (I am the kind of girl the will scrape every last bit out of the jar). Really a bit too hit and miss for such an expensive product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Cllynn

I must agree with the other reviews that state this product makes the skin break out. I only wish there was the Genifique Night creme to review. This was absolutely the WORST night cream I have ever used. I not only broke out, it made the skin under my eyes puffy and swollen. I don't know how that happened since I didn't put it on the skin under my eyes. Horrible horrible. I bought the set: eye serum/cream (red bumps), this serum (nasty breakout) and the night cream. I must be $200 in the hole after all that!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by noah3play

I've never broken out from a facial product. I used this product twice and I developed a huge cyst on my left cheek and small pimples on my face. I actually look like someone hit me in my cheek. It's swollen and filled with fluid. Yikes!

Disappointing. I was so looking forward to trying this product:(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Formulator

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely fantastic product. This serum is lightweight, not greasy, and DOES correct skin tone. My skin glowed from within. Give it 4 weeks to notice a diffence. I'm hooked.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2012 6:53:00 AM More reviews by herrera212

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

the worst serum I have tried. my skin is very dry and this serum seems to make my skin even drier! not recommend and for such high price!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by LauraJackie

I bought this without doing my research and i REALLY PAID THE PRICE no pun intended! my skin broke out in bumps, my pores clogged and i am more on the oily side and have never had dry skin in my life.. and after using this my skin dried up so bad it started to crack i looked like 42 not 24! so i did some research on this product and discovered there is so much alcohol, fragrance and even essential oils in this product, so much so that it shouldn't be used on your body let alone your face! it destroyed my skins barrier, i never use to be sensitive to anything and now i can't even use my regular products on my skin because they burn my skin so bad ( and these are products ive used forever and never had any issues with ) and after using this serum i can barely use anything on my face! it's been 3 months from using this serum for a few weeks and my skin still isn't the same, i've been using estee lauder's advance night repair concentrate ( because paula the cosmetic cop said it's wonderful ) and i've heard since it's a concentrated version of their advance night repair it repairs more and faster, and they say if you get an awful sunburn or bad burn or anything tramatic happens to your skin this is the best thing to use, so i ran out and got it and have been useing it for two weeks now, because of what lancome did to my skin and its helped a lot and my skin has been healing fast ( thank god!) but it still isn't the same as it was before i tried this awful serum, beware! really read up on lancome, doir and channel skincare products alot are just filled with fragrance, alcohol and even essential oils which really

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No