July 31, 2014 | 1299 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by erinetcetera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Weird smell, doesn't seem to do much. Luckily I bought the small travel size.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by MajBrittm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After having troubles with finding a moisturizer that wouldn't break me out, the SA gave me 2 samples of Hope in a jar. Personally i loved the smell, and it did gave my skin enough moisture. But, i got break outs right away. It was awful. These were the type of spots that were caused by the product since they pop up suddenly and are quite painful and grow like mental.

I was a bit disappointed but glad i got a sample instead of the full size product, because i threw them in the garbage right away.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

I can definitely see why so many this product gets so many mixed reviews : it's either their HG or absolutely awful.
I received this cream for Christmas, it came in the gift set "When Hope is Not Enough." From the whole set I LOVED the microdermabrasion peel and I really like the anti-aging serum.
The cream is OK.. It definitely has an off putting smell. Kind of reminds me of one the smell of Perricone MD Cold Plasma cream. It's very hard to describe, but it is very bad.

The consistency of the cream is light. I have oily/combo skin, so at first I thought it would be the perfect cream - not too heavy and will not clog the pores. I do not get rashes or break outs from this product, but then again my skin is not sensitive (so if you do have sensitive skin, maybe it's best to avoid this cream).
I noticed that my face feels nice the first few minutes after I apply it, but it gets quite dry as the time passes. I actually literally have to either apply more or apply another hydrating cream on my drier areas.

If this was an inexpensive drug store brand cream then it would be understandable for it not to be the best quality product. But being a high-end brand of skin care product and for THAT kind of price, it's definitely not worth it in my opinion. Save some money and buy a better product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Jch3110

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I got this as part of the Christmas skin care set which I found at less than half price in TK Maxx. I love the Philosophy brand, always wear the perfumes and have tried a few products before. I mainly bought the kit for the cleanser and exfoliating wash that I know I like, and because I wanted to try the eye cream that also came with it. To be honest I was expecting to give the Hope in a Jar cream away as I had tried it and hated it years and years ago.

Anyway, I tried it again and was amazed. Don't know if they have changed this or if it is differences in my skin. But I loved it! I remember that before it didn't skin into my skin very well, but now it just vanishes and leaves my skin feeling so soft and glowy. I have rosacea and it is so much better since using this. I'm so glad that I tried it again!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by erinlahti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Horrible. Smells terrible, broke me out in horrendous cystic acne that took me 2 months to get rid of, doesn't moisturize, and irritated my sensitive skin. Would never recommend to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

Meh I had several samples of this and this came in my Happy Travels kit. After one use of the sample that I didn't even finish it. I threw it away. I couldn't stand the moisturizer seems so heavy and filled with cones (felt that way) and it smelled like plastic too. It seemed to be clogging my pores as well. It was just gross. Miracle Moisturizer is better and lighter.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by NARSnerd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Such an awful moisturizer, it has a horrible very chemically strong fragrance and does absolutely nothing for my skin. It applies patchy and doesn't want to absorb into my skin and leaves the skin feeling even worse. awful awful awful

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by MlleMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

WORST PRODUCT I HAVE EVER USED!!!!

I was given a sample a few weeks ago of the face wash and really enjoyed it, so I was curious about trying some more products from the line. I bought a sample kit from Sephora in the beginning of the week with their "when hope is not enough< Hope in a jar and their facewash. First off the cream smells absolutely disgusting, and the "fumes" from the lotion were burning my eyes after applying it. I woke up the next day to the absolute worst reaction I have ever had from any skin care. A sore, itchy red rash all over my face. It looks like I have sever poison ivy, and its very upsetting and is causing me to take time off work because of how intense and off putting the rash is all over. It could possibly be the the retinol cream in the kit that caused the reaction, but I am not prepared to risk fooling around and subjection my face to looking like a monstrosity again.

Needless to say the intire kit is being return to Sephora once I look human again, and I am forever staying clear of Philosophy products!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Emilyisagiant

i love this moisturizer! it does have an unusual scent at first, but it disappears rather quickly. i use it twice a day and my skin is normally very dry, but this makes my skin feel wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by tanyagovea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I buy this item in travel size tube form, I feel its more hygienic. My skin is combo more towards oily and sometimes dont need a moisturizer but I keep this one around for dry patches usually above my lip, chin, and around nose and eyebrows. I like how it gives me a pinky glow. The smell could be nicer though. Overall a product I want to have around.