October 20, 2014 | 1944 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Hydrating Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Paintedlily62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This didn't work well for my skin (perioral dermatitis, combination). It left my skin a bit dry and irritated on first use.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Reilly2059

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have extremely dry and sensitive skin and have had eczema my entire life. I never used to use a facial cleanser, just water and occasionally makeup remover. I tried the Cerave Hydrating Cleanser after visiting my dermatologist who highly recommended it. It has been absolutely wonderful. It calms down my redness, and has helped with the dryness! My biggest piece of advice is keep at it! Results aren't instantaneous. After about two or three weeks I noticed improvements. Definitely worth trying! Can't beat the price either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Flassie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am so surprised this product doesn't have better reviews! I love this soooo much, it is definitely hg status to me.
I first bought this cleanser when I was on accutane, because I needed a nice gentle cleanser for my delicate dry accutane skin. However now that my skin is once again oily I continue to use this. It feels so nice, and not stripping at all. My skin always feels so comfortable and moisturized when I wash my face with this. Also I have quite sensitive skin, and this product has never clogged my pores or made me breakout, if anything it soothes my skin so that I don't break out.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Astarael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just don't like this stuff. I remember trying it years ago and not liking it then either but figured I'd give it another try. I appreciate the ingredients this has (no sulfates, has ceramides and hyaluronic acid), but compared to Cetaphil, it just doesn't clean my skin as well - and Cetaphil itself takes some getting used to at first. It also has a slightly chemical scent, which is no big deal. But for a gentle cleanser, I'd much prefer Cetaphil. Perhaps people with really dry skin would like this better, but for my combo oily skin, it just doesn't do it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by SimplePleasures

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My skin is loving this cleanser. Putting it on feels like TLC for my face. I do believe this cleanser is truly "hydrating", it leaves my face lightly moisturized, smooth-feeling, and not at all tight or dried out. The texture of the product feels luxurious on the skin, just so soft and slippery... I don't know why, I just love the feeling of rubbing it into my face. Kind of reminds me of the Fresh Soy Cleanser, but possibly better. This has been a great cleanser for the redness in my skin as well: I have stubborn redness around my nose, and my pimples get pretty red as well. While this product has not gotten rid of this issue (I kind of doubt anything will), it does not irritate it or make it any worse. Half the battle with this redness is that it typically gets inflamed after washing my face and doesn't subside for quite a while. But with Cerave and lukewarm water, this does not happen- my nose stays a light pink colour that is easy enough to correct with makeup.

The shortcoming of this product has already been said many times: it doesn't remove all makeup. However, it removes MOST of my makeup. I wear a tinted moisturizer, concealer, powder, blush, and my eye makeup can vary from heavy to light depending on the day. I actually don't use another cleanser to get off makeup, I just use a washcloth to rinse off the Cerave and this helps a lot. It can remove light eye makeup very thoroughly, but sometimes trace amounts of mascara or eyeliner are left over, so I use Extra Virgin Olive Oil to clean this up after cleansing. I also follow up with a toner and I do see some trace amounts of face makeup on the cotton ball, but not much. Most of it seems to come off the undereye area, so I think it's the concealer, not the TM or powder. So, if you wear a heavier, concealing foundation, Cerave on its own probably won't do the trick. It works well for me. (I'd kind of like to try the Cerave foaming cleanser to see if it's better for makeup removal, but foaming cleansers dry me out as a rule so I am hesitant. We'll see.) I use this in the morning as well and typically don't bother with a washcloth then.

All in all, I would buy this product again because I think it's a wonderful, gentle cleanser that is good for skin, doesn't dry me out or break me out, works well for the amount of makeup I wear, and comes in a nice big bottle for a decent price. (The packaging could be prettier but that's hardly a deal breaker for me- it's what's inside that counts!) I recommend it for everyone but especially for those with dry skin or chronic redness/rosacea.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by anovice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this in the shower in the morning-- it doesn't remove makeup but it is a nice, simple, gentle fash wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Zdelilo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using cerave hydrating cleanser followed by an acv solution for about a week now and my terrible acne has just about cleared up. Before I started, my skin appeared dry and was developing tiny red dots in random clusters around my cheeks and forehead. I knew then that I had to change my original clean and clear cleanser. I loved the squeeky clean feeling you get with a foaming cleanser but cerave's milky cleanser feels like you skin is literally drinking it. This morning I woke up and saw a clear, dewy face without make up and I just had to let you guys know. I use this in conjunction with the clarisonic Mia and braggs acv as a toner. Then I moisturizer with aveeno calming facial lotion. Good luck!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by risathompson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This cleanser does not remove make-up, and dont expect it to. I usually use this as a second cleanse or a morning cleanse. It is a gentle and effective cleanser for acne prone, dry and sensitive skin like me. It does not leave the skin dry or greasy like a lot of other cleansers I've tried. I switched from Cetaphil to this because the former contain SLS. I use this as part of the regime, as it does not irritate my skin while I use benzyl peroxide and other acne treatment.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by ylchag

Although this is not a cleanser I reach for regularly, it did serve me well recently. I had a facial and microdermabrasion (with A LOT of painful extractions) that left my face very red and sore afterward. I used this cleanser for the first 24 hrs, because it is so gentle and hydrating, but doesn't cause any breakouts (for me at least). Then I made the mistake of switching back to the regular Jan Marini bioglycolic line I had been using pre-facial - my skin was still too sensitive and reacted with dry patches all over. On top of that, I still had red spots from the extractions. I went back to the Cerave cleanser, with a muslin cloth to gently exfoliate the dry spots, and also used the Cerave moisturizing lotion. This combo brought my skin back to normal after a few more days and gave everything a chance to heal without further irritation. My skin was beautifully clear and smooth (thanks to that facial!) and I eventually went back to my regular skincare routine. Since I normally have combo-oily acne prone skin, this cleanser is not thorough enough for me to use on a daily basis (same problem I have with Cetaphil). But it is great whenever my skin is feeling extra-sensitive or when I just need a very gentle "light" cleansing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

I adore CeraVe products!!!!! Literally, the best skin care I've ever used. I was initially using the Foaming Cleanser, but it dried my skin too much. Well, this is my HG face wash!!!! I use it with my Olay brush, and though I still need to use makeup wipes prior to cleansing, the cleanser and the brush remove te rest. My skin feels clean, soft, but not ever right or overly dry. It cleared up a gigantic breakout that I had been dealing with for weeks, and I believe that's because I'm nourishing my skin rather than stripping it of the natural oils. For reference, I have acne-prone skin that is on the drier side. This doesn't make me greasy, or parched. My face has never looked or felt more radiant. My acne has calmed down. I only have 2 pimples right now, but that is because my monthly bestie is visiting next week. The packaging is convenient, as it has a sanitary pump and the option to lock. It's just a little bulky for travel, but I think I will survive. It's more expensive than some drugstore skin care products, but it's totally worth it!!!!