April 25, 2014 | 923 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Hydrating Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by cupcaketiffy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is amazing. I'm 28, and I have struggled with hormonal acne throughout my 20's. My dermatologist recommended this product to use with Retin A Micro, and my skin looks amazing. Don't believe in all the hype that because it foams, that it works better. This has ingredients in it that bind to dirt and oil in your skin and removes them without upsetting your skin barrier. I used to use Clinique mild cleanser (not mild whatsoever) and Beauticontrol oily cleanser, and both are way too harsh for my skin. If you are using a tretinoin product, you need to be that much more gentle to your skin. My skin no longer feels tight when I wash it, so now I'm able to wash it twice a day!!! Yay! Also, if you wear a lot of makeup like I do, go get those makeup wipes from Walmart in the white container, and use Bioderma makeup remover, pour it on there and remove your makeup before you wash your face. I don't think Cerave hydrating cleanser considered people wearing makeup when they made it. Fantastic product!!! HG!!!! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by vangchoua

Left face unclean probably bc it's a gentle cleanser. I always feel like I have dont have enough on face bc of the consistency. Will have to use until I buy a new cleanse will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

I actually HATE this face wash.
I think what bothers me the most is the consistency, it's like using milk to wash your face, and it does not suds up at all. grr... Also, it did not remove my makeup very well.
I won't buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by lolawb

I really enjoyed this product, as it is one of the only products that works on my sensitive, dry skin. It managed to take off my makeup, but I don't tend to wear anything waterproof.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by QTpii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have not had any problems with this cleanser. I feel like I'm still looking for something better, but considering I have dry, problematic skin, this is pretty great. No irritation, and I've gone through two bottles. It certainly doesn't cure my skin, but it keeps it under control, and that works for me. I prefer this over Cetaphil. It is a bit pricey for me, but I don't need to buy it that often, so I can deal with that.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by KLovesMac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my new holy grail cleanser! The hyaluronic acid and ceramides found in this cleanser are essentials for retaining moisture in the skin. I have a very serious facial regimen at night (tretinoin 1 to 2 nights a week; Avibon Vitamin A the other nights, and alternate between AHA and BHA acids every night that I don't use tretinoin cream), and this cleanser has kept my skin looking healthy, hydrated, and plump. I highly recommend this cleanser for anyone who uses tretinoin or who is concerned about anti-aging...this cleanser is dermatologist recommended and has ingredients that are research-backed to be highly effective. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by sunshowers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have ridiculously sensitive skin that gets dry on the cheeks. This cleanser leaves my skin feeling soft and clean and doesn't cause any irritation. Even Cetaphil cleanser isn't gentle enough for my skin, but this is!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by karaduquette

This was recommended by my brothers dermatologist so we both started using it. I love it so much, I love how theres no harsh acne treatments just a pure hydrating gentle cleanser. Ever since i started using it my skin has been so much clearer and less dry. I exfoliate and then use this morning & night and then moisturize and that is all i do and now my skin is much improved :) love this stuff, only complaint is the price its 12.99 at target :(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by SassyShari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was using this product for a while after my dermatologist recommended it. I always had positive results until recently. Recently I have been using this product at night to remove make-up and prep for my night-time routine. The cleanser began irritating my skin especially around my eye/cheek area. It would sting after a few seconds of applying and I had to wash it off immediately. It also did not remove the makeup effectively as it claims to do so. Overall this is a great cleanser, but I took it out of my night-time routine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by PaulaBenoit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've finally found a cleanser that does not leave my skin feeling tight after I wash my face but still it feeling clean. It is very gentle and hydrating. Keep in mind this will not remove a full face of makeup, I use makeup remover wipes for that. But after I remove my makeup I use this with my Clarisonic and it removes any residual makeup and leave skin feeling smooth and supple. HG cleanser for dry reactive skin.