Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF 15

3.7

Octinoxate 6%, Zinc Oxide 3.5%, Titanium Dioxide 2.9% Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Triethylhexanoin, Butylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Citrus Jabara Peel Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Trametes Versicolor Extract, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Sodium Mannose Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, Methicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Lecithin, Laureth-7, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Sodium Chloride, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide. [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)]

on 10/31/2013 10:08:00 AM

I liked this product, it made my face look lovely and it didn't have the usual 'orange tint' that other foundations have which I've tried on my pale skin. I wouldn't buy again, simply because it didn't actually seem to dry properly and my face and stayed 'sticky' and after a few hours this gave the appearance I was greasy. I did enjoy this product, but the sticky feeling wasn't for me, it is definitely beautiful for the price though. I am going to try a different Clinique foundation.

on 10/26/2013 8:41:00 PM

Worth the price if you're looking to upgrade from drugstore foundation. In the past, I've primed, used foundation, then spot treatment then set all with powder. Wow, now I use only this and dust my face with powder. I'm ecstatic. My discolorations, spots, pores and darkness under my eyes are all evened out with a basic application. I'm so glad I gave this a try. It shortened my time in the mirror, and feels like nothing is even on my face. It's perfect for me. Hope it can give you similar results!

on 10/18/2013 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm a true makeup maniac,especially when it comes to foundation.always in a search of a good natural-looking foundation. I went to a clinique counter and was advised to buy the even better or superbalanced clinique foundation. The even better has a slightly fuller coverage though. After I've done a research in internet and found out many beautiful thing about this even better foundation. It is also in the British vogue top 10 best foundations list! I've tried it on and I'm completely satisfied! It gives you this national look,good coverage, not dewy but not matt.just perfect! I have it in color 7

on 10/7/2013 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Bought due to Paula Begon's advice plus the excellent color. Right now, It's a 4 for me. I purchased 2 weeks ago and have not returned. However, I have determined that this is not for daily wear because of the reasons listed below (plus my sensitive acne-prone skin should only be wearing powder.) It's going to have to be reserved for Special Occasions only. My daily is The Body Shop All in One Face Base in shade 52, For reference, I am Mac Studio Fix Fluid spf 15 in shade NC30.

I wore the Clinique Even Better Cashew (26) over my entire face for 2 day for the "user experience" comments below.
I expect to begin wearing this mixed 50:50 with a moisturizer (CeraVe PM lotion) once-a-week for the reasons listed below.

The VERY Good:

1) MATCHES medium olive tones (Shade 26: CASHEW) ; Yellow at Clinique! The color was the final clincher for the selling point. PLEASE make more stuff with w/ this gorgeous color. Please!
2) Reasonable price
3) Really covers discoloration - truly medium to what i consider full coverage.
4) Excellent for oily skin, seems to have great staying power/absorb oil.

The Bad:

1) Octinoxate -- a chemical sunscreen that is known to irritate those w/ "sensitive skin"
2) Graperfruit -- a plant extract that irritates skin (all types)
3) While it is a silicone based foundation, it does not hide your pores or "ice pick" scars / indentation. I'm not a master at primer, so maybe monistat chaffing gel would work? I suck at primer.

Cheers l

on 10/5/2013 9:30:00 PM

Repeat buyer of this foundation in chamois. I wish it wasn't so expensive but I keep going back to it. Great coverage but natural looking which is important to me.

on 9/28/2013 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this foundation. I have dry skin and its hard for my skin to EVER look dewy and healthy.. I also have redness on my face as well. The foundation was a medium coverage, although it didn't cover all my redness, but it definitely cancelled it out. It made my skin feel soft, glowing, and healthy! I use the color neutral and I'm fairly fair with pink undertones to my skin and it matched perfectly!

on 9/9/2013 6:09:00 AM

I have been using Clinique's supermoisture for the Winter as my skin tends to be super dry and tired, and I have LOVED it.

As summer is approaching, I decided I'd need a foundation that wasn't as oily as they tend to slide off in the heat. Seeing as I loved supermoisture so much, I went straight to the Clinique counter and asked for a less-oily foundation that was still suitable for dry skin.

They gave me even better makeup. The foundation is good, but not awesome (definitely don't like it as much as super moisture).

COVERAGE:
THe foundation is supposedly 'full coverage' but I really think it's more medium, but perhaps it would be approaching full if you builded it. If you put a light coat of this foundation, it really looks like you're not wearing makeup at all, very natural. Which I love.

COLOUR:
the shade range is very limited. Alabaster (the lightest shade) is almost an exact match for my skin. This is a bit of a worry because while I am pale, I am not porcelain. So if you have really pale skin, I don't think this foundation is for you, as there is not a light enough colour.

TEXTURE:
Okay. Pretty easy to blend.

FINISH:
When I applied it to my DRY skin without moisturising or priming beforehand, the finish was pretty matte. (And it emphasised my dry patches..eugh). If I moisturise beforehand it gives a satin finish.

LASTING POWER:
In this spring weather it lasts 7+ hours, just like the supermoisture. With primer and powder to set.

A FEW EXTRA NOTES:
- if you have dry skin, you MUST moisturise before applying this. When I didn't I found that my face was sort of irritated/stingy from being too dry, if that makes sense. But it was fine when I moisturised before applying.

- on hotter days I have found this to get a little shiny, even on my dry skin. therefore I would not recommend to people with oily skin.

- seems to emphasise pores after a few hours of wear...my pores are usually very inconspicuous but after wearing this for a few hours you can see them when up close.

To summarise:

PROS:
- can be natural looking
- pretty easy to blend
- pretty long wearing

CONS:
- not the best for VERY dry skin
- would not recommend for oily skin
- reasonably expensive
- settles into pores
- limited colour range

on 9/7/2013 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation I believed would aid my dry skin as the lady at the counter claimed when I apply it in the morning my skin looks amazing however after three hours my skin looks horrible and flaky a lot more worse then my face would look without foundation will be throwing it in the bin and. Sticking to my Estée Lauder foundation upon my next purchase. If you have dry skin like me please don't buy this its a waste of money!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG foundation! This is the only foundation that suits my acne-prone face, it does not make my face flaky like other foundations. I take the shade 05 which is alwys out of stock! However it suits me well and it covers my acne scars. The only problem i have is with the packaging as it makes a mess if it gets runny! It gives a bright shine to my face which looks natural, and i would definitely reccommend it to acne-prone skin types as the coverage is medium to full if u build up layers, and it doesnt feel heavy at all! Im using my second bottle and i just Loveee it and i will keep repurchasing it ovrr and over again!

on 9/1/2013 11:57:00 AM

This makeup made my skin look really dry and I had a clinique sales associate pick a shade and it looked okay but I really should not have bought it. Didn't like the shade and it also made my face feel weird. Oh well.