September 19, 2014 | 980 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Sculpt [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 4:56:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

I have moderate-dark dark darkness under my eyes, and MUFE full cover is my absolute HG concealer, however its impossible to find this brand in the UK so i have been on the lookout for another under eye concealer. After seeing good reviews on here about this concealer i decided to try it. For me doesnt work at all. Looks cakey and 'make up-y' under my eyes, and creases. The coverage is not enough for me either way too light, so doesnt cover much at all. If you want just light coverage it may be fine, but if you bad under eye circles and want a heavier concealer to totally hide all darkness this is no good. For me MUFE full cover over a good mositurising eye cream is HG! It doesnt smudge, crease or look cakey at all. This one, with a much lighter texture, did.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by gina123inmateo

I actually like this concealer better than the studio finish concealer.. hhmm, i guess because the studio finish one kinda felt a little waxy on my skin and this one feels more creamy. some people say its dry some people say its too creamy. I think its both. when u first open the concealer if u touch it and then just start putting it on your face it feels a bit dry and doesnt spread as well as if u were to warm it up on the back of ur hand first. once u do that its nice and creamy/smooth and spreads better. The wear of this concealer depends on my skin, when my skin is oilier than usual it doesnt stay put as well as when my skin is feeling normal. It doesnt cause me to break out which is great and doesnt cause me blackheads which i am prone to. The color match is def on point i wear nc30 and if i had to choose only one product to leave my house with it would be this one for sure. i dont use it so much for under eye circles though i just use it to spot conceal discolorations, redness etc. and have an even complexion every time :) im very pleased with this and will repurchase unless i find something better lol (which i havent yet)..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Makeup0x

Amazing. Find the right colour and apply ir right & it's almost magic.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2011 11:51:00 AM More reviews by akrypti36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

MAC's Studio Sculpt concealer delivers a flawless finish. I don't even need to wear liquid foundation or a bb cream anymore; I simply apply this concealer to problem spots and set with the Studio Finish powder.

On the downside, it's a very thick product with the tendency to cake if you apply too much. Also, it takes longer to blend into the skin, but with a little more patience, this concealer works wonders as a result.

I have hypersensitive skin that breaks out to the introduction to almost any new product, so I definitely broke out after one week of using Studio Sculpt. To combat it, I need to be extra diligent in washing off all makeup and I keep the time period that I'm wearing this product to a minimum.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2011 3:57:00 AM More reviews by laurall

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The good thing is that there's lots of product in the pot, but because it's a pot it's really unhygienic (picking this up with a brush is nearly impossible- you do need to use your fingers.) I was not impressed at all by this concealer. It's very drying and creasing. It looks very professional and the colour match (NC20) was ok, but looks cakey and not flattering at all. I will be sticking to Laura Mercier Secret concealer- it's much creamier and easy to apply, plus the staying power is better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by ShawP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to have concealer. It is a must for me to hide my dark undereye circles. So, before Studio Sculpt, I used MAC's Studio Finish, but it leaves a whitish cast that shows up huge in pictures (thanks to the high SPF). Went back to MAC and found Studio Sculpt. I wish the SAs had introduced this to me first. It is like pure, creamy pigment without SPF. It is way creamier than SF. I am very happy because, with my foundation, I am closer to creating a canvas of natural, but blemish-free skin that foundation and concealer are supposed to create. I haven't noticed it not lasting very long as others have stated. I set mine with a little bit of powder to help it last. I gave it a cautionary 4 stars since I've only been using it a week or 2. Will update to 5 if it keeps doing well.

UPDATE: Although it doesn't cover my undereye circles as well as the Studio Finish, it doesn't leave a white cast either. It is perfect on dark marks left from acne. Sometimes I can just spot treat with this and apply face powder all over. Done! My verdict is for this one because it looks more natural. Will be one of my makeup staples.

UPDATE #2: This is now my ace backup to Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer. Although it's still very good, EP concealer is more creamy and pigmented. I need even less of it and it seems to blend better. MAC SS concealer is less expensive and readily available so although it's #2, it will always be in my stash.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 10:14:00 AM More reviews by jqsuared

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow. This is the best concealer I have used to date. I have all the basic concealers, UD, Benefit, LM, BB, Pixi, (Love the peach concealer), Paula Dorf, and some drugstore brands, like CC ageless corrector, which I also love. I had a brush to return to MAC and I didn't have a receipt, so I bought the concealer and the mineralize powder. I love both so much. This is by far the best concealer I have ever used. The SA picked out my color and I thought it was way to dark, but it just melts into my skin perfectly. The coverage is wonderful as well as the texture and the amount of product you get. I have a BB concealer and corrector that just sit there, I never reach for them, both cost about 3x the amount of MACs concealer, and I don't think they work nearly as well as the MAC concealer alone. I would like to try MUFE's concealer palette, but if that one fails, then I am definitely going back to MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by greenteamui

I really like this conceler it provides full coverage. I have it in NW20 it can be a little cakey if you apply too much. I use my fingers so it warms up the product and apply directly to my problem areas. This stuff is great it lasts forever. I had mine for almost a year and a half and it's still good. I'm almost done tho. I'm not sure if i'll re-purchase because I really like the Diorskin Nude hydratant concealer and i'm currently switching back and forth between the two.
    Overall, I think it's a great concealer that lasts all day with minimal touch ups.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by sophie019

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this, use it on my dark circles. I have fair skin so I use the nc15 concealer. it doesn't last very well on my skin though, not bad, but not long enough for me. quite a sticky texture, but feels good on the skin.
    it conceals good, but I will not buy it again. when this runs out (that will take some time) I'm going to find something that lasts longer and looks more natural on the rest of my face. (on my forehead this didn't look natural, my skin there is not as smooth as around my eyes, it did not blend in with my skin and looked cakey)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by LHBCU

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on a whim as I was walking around shops and noticing how dark my undereye circles looked and decided that I needed a good quality concealer ASAP!
    The MUA at the counter matched me as NW20 and it looked great in the store, even when I stepped outside into the mall with the assistant to check in a more natural light. However, when I got home I noticed how cakey and orangey the concealer looked and had real trouble applying it myself as I found it too thick.
    Not impressed :(