MAC Cremesheen - Creme Cup

4.3

on 2/4/2013 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I agree with the review by sweetfart (Lol). The actual product is amazing, It feels soft and moisturising, it smells wonderful, very sweet sugary scent, the packaging is great.. Im just a little disappointed with the colour..This is my first mac purchase... so i cant tell you what mac shade I am but I do have a mediumish skin tone. I find that the colour is way too barbie pink like! I thought it'd be a very nice nude, but its not.. its very light pink and sooo obvious i have a lipstick on thats way too light for me and I feel that it has cool undertones too...and that just really doesnt suit me. So thats a shame, but still to not waste the money I feel like i can work with this by just slightly dabbing it on my lips and having that slight sheen that it gives, but being careful not to build up the colour. I cant wait to try out different shades!

on 2/2/2013 12:38:00 PM

I love this color it's the best ever very lovely pinky color
it looks so good even in my pigment red lips the only con is that it doesn't stay on for a long time unfortunately however I'll buy it again 7 definitely recommend it to my friends

on 1/26/2013 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I was looking for a pink lipstick, matte, NO fost that would last long. the colour truly is beautiful, it feels good, no sparkles but still looks well hydrated. Good product overall.

on 1/23/2013 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Disclaimer: This review is strictly about the color, not the quality or performance of the lipstick consistency. Also, please note that I bought this on a quest for the perfect nude lipstick. So this review is for anyone considering this as a nude lipstick.

I am approximately an NW20/NC25 neutral-toned complexion (currently using Matchmaster 1.5 foundation). Although I have a light complexion, my natural lips are very pigmented red, almost purple (yikes, I'm a mutant). Creme d'Nude was too colorless and bland, looked like conealer. Hue had a pinch of pink but was a tad too light and had the potential for looking concealer-like on me, and didn't show up well on my pigmented lips. I didn't want a peach nude, as those tend to pull orange on me and I like to keep my makeup cool-toned. So I went on a quest for a nude that was pink-toned. I didn't want it too be noticeably pink or opaque though, like Snob or Angel.

On my skintone, this came out a little too noticeably pink than what I wanted. It's pigmented enough to cover my dark lips, but it's a little too pigmented pink. The reason I want nude lipstick is because I want to draw attention to my eyes. I guess this is still light enough not to draw attention away from the eyes, but it's still noticeable that I'm wearing lipstick.

Creme Cup seems to draw cool-toned on me, which makes me wonder if a warmer-toned person would want this (unless you really are going for the ultra pink Nicki Minaj look). I see faint blue undertones in it, although my lips could be influencing that.

Overall, I'd say it's ideal for a cooler-toned NW20-NW35 who's looking for a light pink. I would classify this in the Pink family before I called it a Nude. More specifically, a toned down, muted Barbie pink.

on 1/23/2013 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

really pretty color in the tube but i think creme cup looks much better on tanned skin im a nc15 and it looks okay but alot better when i have a spraytan, still prefer it to angel though

on 1/21/2013 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my Fav lipstick ever I have a ridiculous amount of lipsticks but I mostly reach for this one it's cream sheen a beautiful pinky nude it's opaque and moisturising its a great lipstick for everyday and looks great on a night out when you want a smokey eye look u think its a really flattering shade for all skin tones I would recommend this to anyone that's a fan of MAC Angel :)

on 1/19/2013 12:47:00 PM

I much prefer this to "Angel." "Angel" has a dated, frosty finish that I don't like. "Creme Cup" has an opaque, matte finish. I am very fair (I wear Porcelain shades) but this doesn't wash me out at all. It's a pretty pale pink that would work well with a smokey eye. I like to top it with gloss - Mac "Baby Sparks" or Trish McEvoy Beauty Booster Gloss in "Pretty Pink."

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Returned this, buy Creme Cup they said, it will look good they said.....I felt like I looked like a barbie doll, and not in a good way. Way to "baby pink" not the nudish pink I wanted.

on 1/14/2013 7:44:00 PM

This was my first MAC lipstick and I wore it for about a year until I rtealized I hated it!
I don't get the hype, I'm fair skinned and this doesn't suit me. I just bought Angel and its way more wearable.

on 1/13/2013 7:01:00 PM

I bought this because I have forever been searching for "THE" perfect pinky nude lipstick for my NC20 complexion (as a reference, my foundation colours are Chanel claire, Bourjois 52#, Clinique Anti-blemish foundation in Fresh Ivory 02#). Unfortunately, this is not a pinky nude but it is a very nice pale pink. It's not too pink/lavender which seems to be the classic mistake I make when looking for this kind of pink lipstick. I also tried Hue which I think is more lavender than Creme Cup is. Creme Cup is more subtle and wearable. The texture is creamy and not drying but I find that the colour doesn't last, so reapplying every few hours is a must. Overall I'm happy with the quality of this lipstick and I will definitely continue using it but the search continues for my perfect nude lipstick.

Popular Lipsticks