MAC Cremesheen - Creme Cup

4.3

on 3/10/2013 12:16:00 PM

I lovee this lipstick! Its the perfect shade of somewhat nude pink.. I also love how creamy it is. Will definitely be repurchasing

on 2/28/2013 8:27:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this lipstick in the hopes of finding that perfect nude that everyone keeps talking about. I didn't. Instead, I found my perfect shade of pink in this lipstick and I love it! I'm a NC20 and with a little amount this goes on great! I love it and use quite a lot for my everyday look.

Overall: not nude, more of a pinker shade, but looks beautiful nontheless.

on 2/25/2013 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wanted to love this, came on a little chalky & milky. It does wear better with time, and gets more pink. Not nude on me at all Im an NC25 dark blonde, very fair skin. It took some layering to get it to take to the swatch on my hand.

So I tried Rimmel Airy Fairy supposed to be a dupe. I found Airy Fairy to be exactly what I wanted this creme cup to be. It was a little warmer and not nearly as pale & chalky. It was like MAC modesty & Creme Cup had a baby. Perfect I will still use Creme Cup over Airy Fairy as its a little dry.

on 2/25/2013 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This was my first MAC lipstick. I purchased it back when I didn't wear a lot of lipstick it was mostly gloss. I swatched it on my hand and it looked pretty, but when I applied it I thought I looked like a bit of a barbie and didn't wear it for a while. After a couple of weeks of picking it up, trying it on then wiping it off, one day I put it on and just fell in love with it and finally realised it wasn't as pink as I initially thought. I wanted this colour because it was pinky nude with blue undertones - I figured it would make my teeth look good and not make me look dead. I tried a nude from topshop a couple of weeks later and it made me look dead at the moment I'm putting that down to the orangy undertones. I still would like a nude lipstick, I'm thinking of trying out hue but once this had run out I'm definitely going to repurchase. It's perfect for the day time if you're going for a casual look or if you're sporting a dark smokey eye and want something nude but a little more feminine. I love the creme sheen formula, it looks beautiful on the lips and feels so hydrating. It's lasting power is fairly decent too. One of my favourite formulations.

on 2/20/2013 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This lipstick is thee perfect pink lipstick for me! My shade is NC30/ NC 25 in the winter and it complements my skin tone lovely! I have very pigmented lips and this pink still shows up (unlike Angel). I like to wear Love Nectar on top and it looks gorgeous! I think this color looks great on everyone! I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Cute color, it looks great on fair skin. It is an everyday color.

on 2/4/2013 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I agree with the review by sweetfart (Lol). The actual product is amazing, It feels soft and moisturising, it smells wonderful, very sweet sugary scent, the packaging is great.. Im just a little disappointed with the colour..This is my first mac purchase... so i cant tell you what mac shade I am but I do have a mediumish skin tone. I find that the colour is way too barbie pink like! I thought it'd be a very nice nude, but its not.. its very light pink and sooo obvious i have a lipstick on thats way too light for me and I feel that it has cool undertones too...and that just really doesnt suit me. So thats a shame, but still to not waste the money I feel like i can work with this by just slightly dabbing it on my lips and having that slight sheen that it gives, but being careful not to build up the colour. I cant wait to try out different shades!

on 2/2/2013 12:38:00 PM

I love this color it's the best ever very lovely pinky color
it looks so good even in my pigment red lips the only con is that it doesn't stay on for a long time unfortunately however I'll buy it again 7 definitely recommend it to my friends

on 1/26/2013 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I was looking for a pink lipstick, matte, NO fost that would last long. the colour truly is beautiful, it feels good, no sparkles but still looks well hydrated. Good product overall.

on 1/23/2013 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Disclaimer: This review is strictly about the color, not the quality or performance of the lipstick consistency. Also, please note that I bought this on a quest for the perfect nude lipstick. So this review is for anyone considering this as a nude lipstick.

I am approximately an NW20/NC25 neutral-toned complexion (currently using Matchmaster 1.5 foundation). Although I have a light complexion, my natural lips are very pigmented red, almost purple (yikes, I'm a mutant). Creme d'Nude was too colorless and bland, looked like conealer. Hue had a pinch of pink but was a tad too light and had the potential for looking concealer-like on me, and didn't show up well on my pigmented lips. I didn't want a peach nude, as those tend to pull orange on me and I like to keep my makeup cool-toned. So I went on a quest for a nude that was pink-toned. I didn't want it too be noticeably pink or opaque though, like Snob or Angel.

On my skintone, this came out a little too noticeably pink than what I wanted. It's pigmented enough to cover my dark lips, but it's a little too pigmented pink. The reason I want nude lipstick is because I want to draw attention to my eyes. I guess this is still light enough not to draw attention away from the eyes, but it's still noticeable that I'm wearing lipstick.

Creme Cup seems to draw cool-toned on me, which makes me wonder if a warmer-toned person would want this (unless you really are going for the ultra pink Nicki Minaj look). I see faint blue undertones in it, although my lips could be influencing that.

Overall, I'd say it's ideal for a cooler-toned NW20-NW35 who's looking for a light pink. I would classify this in the Pink family before I called it a Nude. More specifically, a toned down, muted Barbie pink.

Recommended for Medium Skin