July 26, 2014 | 1463 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Prazzie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favourite black eyeliner to use for a winged liner look. It is so easy to use, I can make very thin lines or go as thick as I want. The colour (02 Black/Noir) is perfectly black. It dries very quickly and then doesn't budge, until I remove it at night. The pen also lasts a very long time. I keep expecting mine to dry out, but it just keeps on going. This is my second one in a year and a half.

I clean my tip with an alcohol swab. Be careful when replacing the cap, as sometimes it seems as though it is on, but it hasn't clicked into place yet. I recommend this liner to beginners, as it makes lining the eyes so easy. This liner is not suitable for use on the waterline.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by pollinad

I bought this because one of my favorite beauty gurus on Youtube recommended this product as a way to make winged/cat-eye liner much easier. It does make drawing a wing easier, giving me better control than many felt-tip liners. However, I find the narrow pen tip makes it tough for me to get a thick, dark line on my actual eyelid. It takes a lot longer for me using this narrow pen tip to get a line with the thickness I want.

Also, I don't know if I just got a bad one, but mine has a veeerrry strog odor. It's the strongest-smelling makeup product I own, and not in a good way. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by plasticbambi

Well this isn't HG material. I'll just do pros and cons
Pros
very black
easy to use
thick or thin lines
easy to wing
never matte
never too shiny
cheap

cons
smudges in inner corners easily
sometimes doesnt cover as much as id like
not as black as id like stil havent found anything back enough

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by donutlooksforgreatproduct

I am in love with this eyeliner. I'll start with color. I had gotten a black one and it i just the most amazing thing ever. All the other ones are just as great quality but I had purchased the blackest black one and on me it turned out brown. On paper it turned out black. I was very confused. It happened to my cousin too but she didn't mind it so i gave it to her since that annoys me. If you don't close the cap correctly(hear the click) it could dry out. The felt tip can get dirty since its a pen but that doesn't affect the color in any way. I can create thick and thin lines. It is so easy to use. It stays on all day for my upper lashline. If i put t on my lower lashline it doesn't seem to stay but I rarely do that d it doesn't matter to me. I use this everyday for a day look since it doesn't come out too dark or bold do it doesn't create very bold looks but it gives you that sweet look. You could use it as a guideline since it is very easy to use and control. I am very picky about my eyeliners so when I find one I like it is like I found my missing half <3

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by amycarter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am surprised at the low rating! I have bought this pen twice because I absolutely love the felt tip on the pen!! I cannot find anything that works as well. I find it better than the L'Loreal Lineur Intense that everyone seems to rave about. I am more for the "muted cat eye" so I do not like intense black for my cat eye. So this actually fits me well. I will buy again :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by bb520xx

The package says, "glides on smoothly and wears for up to 16 hours." FALSE ADVERTISEMENT! It does neither. The colour isn't opaque or intense at all no matter how many times you go over it. Even if you wait 10+ minutes for it to dry, it comes right off with a dab of a tissue. Truly the worst liner I have ever tried.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Viesha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For over-40 slightly crepey and partially droopy eyelids, this product is a no-no. It took several passes before I was able to achieve a decent line. Then, even after I thought it was dry, my eyelid's normal movement caused the line to fray, causing quite a mess. After a few more passes to correct the problem, I realized it was getting worse. After fixing my eyeshadow to cover the mistakes, I went over it with my Bobbi Brown gel liner in black. Once I got to work, my eyelids were super irritated. This might be a good product for 20-somethings and possibly for use under the eye and/or to refresh my liner during the day as an additional layer. Otherwise, skip it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by a_ro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really really surprised after reading the bad reviews on this product. I first bought this at the Revlon outlet in NYC...the first pen I had for about a year and it worked really well for me before the tip got a little fuzzy and dried out. Just bought a new one a month or so ago and have not had any problems. Each time I bought the darkest black and had no problems with the color. With a primer this thing lasts all day - may fade a little, but it works great for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Debsie13

UGH! I so wanted this to be an adequate replacement for higher end eyeliners. It's not. I got the colour "Blackest Black" and let me tell you...it's brown. And I'm only inferring that it's brown because I can't actually get it to apply to my eyelid. I've tried everything - clean, dirty, primed, unprimed, with eyeshadow and without. NOTHING makes it transfer. I do appreciate that it is relatively cheap (I got mine on sale for $9.49 CDN) and the applicator WOULD be nice if it actually applied to the lid and I like that it would be convenient to use because of the tip and the pen-like shape. But alas, this did not work for me and I will be returning it. Cheers!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by ali8388

I purchased this product and loved it for my everyday top-lid eyeliner. Unfortunately it ran out and I've been using a different liquid Revlon liner, which is terrible. This liner was matte, dark black, and lasted pretty long, except for the inner corner of my eye, where I tend to wipe my fingers throughout the day. I had no pigmentation problems with the shade "blackest black"