April 18, 2014 | 1529 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Finish Concealer

rated 3.8(2056 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by LA89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG concealer!!!! I absolutely love this stuff so so much. A little goes a long way with this product as it is thick. It covers acne scars, gross monster pimples that just happen to pop up right before a big event, redness, anything you name it. After reading some not so good reviews about breakouts from this product I was hesitant to buy it at first oh so many years ago but I am glad that I did as I have not suffered a single breakout or had any sort of rash from this product. It is an absolute must have in my makeup bag!! Will keep using and buying time and time again.

Note: The wonderful lady at the MAC store told me that you should go a shade lighter in concealers as it will cover better when you apply your foundation or BB cream over. I have been using an NW 20 for the longest time. I hope this little note can help somebody when they are trying to buy a new color.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by 4everbeauty21

It's a bit thick and cakey for my liking. It covers really well on redness and scars but not for spots, it seems to make my spots look worse, so for the price you have to pay for it there are definitely better concealers out there. But I think maybe this is a personal thing as I really don't like heavy or thick makeup because I have acne probe skin

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by annie19love

This product did nothing for me. I have dark circles under my eyes that I wanted to cover and this product did not do that for me. The staying power is not great either.I was disappointed because I read so many great reviews about it. I returned it and I purchased the Smash Box HD concealer and I like this one much better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

This is a pretty good concealer in terms of non-creasing and longevity but the only problem I have with it is that the pot formula is not really that hygienic and I work as a makeup artist so I constantly have to sanitize and I feel like I'm wasting product. Also, the concealer is not that pigmented - if you want a log of pigmentation and creaminess, check out Kryolan or Ben Nye because they have better coverage for a cream concealer that doesn't crease. However, this does have some coverage - light - medium so it covers some blemishes and slight undereye circles pretty well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Rahrl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG concealer! I have extremely fair normal-to-combination skin, and this works wonders!
I use this concealer under my eyes and to cover up blemishes and hyperpigmentation, and it does the job perfectly! I don't have extremely dark circles, so I haven't had problems covering them like so many other reviewers have had.
The formula is THICK. If you tend to be dry, this may look a little cakey on you (especially in the under-eye area), but it's perfect for normal to oily skin! It has a very long wear time too if you set it with powder. It has a huge shade range, and runs lighter than most MAC foundations (thank god, because they're almost all too dark/yellow for me)
Don't let the tiny little pot fool you. There's a ton of product in it. It has currently lasted me over a year, and it's only about half empty, which is amazing given I use it every day!
It's also very affordable. As far as high end concealers go, 18 dollars isn't that much for a great product that lasts forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by sharonchristt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

much coverage!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by ssroba085

HG under-eye concealer. Opaque/full coverage, literally makes dark circles disappear..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by genarod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was the first concealer I ever purchased that was good enough to be a HG for me.

I love these little pot, and I will never be without it. This is a great concealer for acne sufferers. This does for me what I hoped Benefit's erase paste would do, and it comes in so many colors that it really blends into the skin flawlessly, even if you apply a lot.

I find it can be used under or over foundation, i prefer to use it over. If i have very dark marks, I will even use it over my powder as a very last step, and the product does not stick out and look like a crayon mark on my face; it blends right in.

It is thick given the texture, so I wouldn't use this under my eyes or to even out skin tone in general, I really do save it to cover specifically hyperpigmentation acne marks. And it works *perfectly* for that!

If I had to list 5 mu items I absolutely could not be without ever, this would be on that list. I always have a jar. PS-- it lasts FOREVER. I think I still have the same pot from like a year ago, and it's not even halfway done, and I use this a ton.

Before this my "go to" acne covering concealer was the Sephora concealer pencil in light-- and not only was it not a perfect match, BUT I was replacing it like every other month. That pencil was $15, and the mac concealer retails at $18, and there's a lot of product, it is better quality, and it lasts forever. So I really can justify the cost in investing in this product.

I highly recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by prttybrwneyez13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's been forever since I've used this particular concealer to cover blemishes, so I can't vouch for how effective it is in that area, and in the past I've used it for my under eye circles and can recall it caking up on me, so I switched to something else, BUT if you're looking for a concealer to help create a clean, more polished look around your eyebrows, this does the job. I'm not a fan of women using concealer that is too light to clean up their brows, so with this concealer being my exact shade, it creates a more unified look.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by kamiibbb

This is a pretty good concealer and it covers up my blemishes well. I do find that if you have acne, it won't cover up the redness as well. People will still see that you have a blemish there, just not as well. I can't use this on my undereye as it's too drying. I wish MAC could make this lighter like NW10. I have it in NW20 and have only used it maybe 8-10x as I don't have much blemishes to hide. NW20 is actually a little too dark for my liking and it's sad cause I don't really use it although it's a good concealer. I have one NW20 backup as well and I don't even know what I'm going to do with it. If anyone is interested, contact me to buy the NW20 Studio Finish Concealer at yamadasn5@gmail.com. Thanks! AUTHENTIC. Comes with Bloomingdales sticker thing they stick on the box when you purchase.