September 19, 2014 | 931 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Finish Concealer

rated 3.8(2091 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by GreatReviews

I'm incredibly impressed with this concealer! I wanted a full coverage one & thought that Hard Candy would be a good choice since many beauty gurus rave about the coverage that it delivers. However, it costs $20+ when I checked on eBay because of the extremely pricey shipping! Thus, I bought this & had to fork out only $10 more.(Makeup is pricey in Sg) I ABSOLUTELY ADORE IT!! Great coverage! It didn't fully cover the dark spots completely but it's fine. I don't set this with powder & it still lasts a decent amount of time on me! Doesn't look too cakey if you spot treat. ;) Yay!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by ZayLiz

I LOVE this product! it works great if you know how to put it on .. best concealer ever! & it'll last!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Carla1346

THIS PRODUCT IS AMAZING!! I love this product it's really well made super creamy and pigmented. It's great for under eyes as well spot concealing. I highly recommend this product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by emmalybtch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Favorite concealer ever! Amazing coverage, this covers everything. A little goes a long way, so the pot will last a long time. Blends really well, stays on decently well. Don't really know what else to say about it, but I really recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2013 3:58:00 AM More reviews by carlablack

First off let me state that i never used this for under eyes because I don't need coverage there. So my review is only about covering a pimple/post pimple redness.

Just like all other concealers I've tried, i couldn't like this one. I first apply little bit of product on the spot and when i proceed to blend it out, it somehow conceals anything other than the red spot. At first touch the concealer transfers around the skin, revealing the spot itself (and i use dabbing motion not rubbing). I cannot even apply powder on this, i need to be super careful. Even if i succeed to apply powder without moving the concealer, it looks cakey.

I'm starting to lose all hope to find a concealer for me. Mineral foundations surprisingly work much better as concealer, once applied they don't move an inch no matter how you handle your face.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by sasflipper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff. Wears well under the eyes - only a small amount needed. Covers spots better than anything else I've tried, though it does need to be set with powder. It's also the only thing I've found which covers hyperpigmentation well.

I've tried and disliked-
Dermablend: turns greasy and gives me whiteheads
Laura Mercier: breaks me out, slides or separates (and yes, I have been shown how to use it!)
Bourgois healthy mix concealer: breaks me out and turns orange
Rimmel, Covergirl, Maybelline, Revlon, Collection 2000, Max Facctor all oxidise a pretty orange colour.

Other good ones are Lancome Anti cernes and, Clinique airbrush.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Principessa13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Do not wear under your eyes. It settles into creases and pores and you look old!! It also oxidizes within 2 hours of wear. Only good thing I can say is it does have good staying power.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by Sashaaaa

This little cute pot makes me sad. The color (NW20) matches me perfectly and initially blends really well, but like Cinderella at midnight, it oxidizes on my skin fast and after an hour or so becomes cakey on my skin. Maybe it does not work well with my skincare products, but oh well... Recently purchased MUFE full cover concealer, so far so good - at least no oxiization there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by michellerodgerscts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think one of the main reasons people do not like this product is because they are using it incorrectly. When used correctly, or in conjunction with products that make it stay in place...this is a one of a kind, high-end concealer. I love the look, I think you get an amazing amount, I love the packaging, I love the amount of shades MAC provides you with.

This concealer was meant to be used on the skin, to cover blemishes and dark marks. It is a creamy concealer and is very moldable...which means...it will move until it is SET not to MOVE. I think a lot of women have issues because this product is not being set correctly. I use this product as a face concealer for blemishes, to shape my brows, and as an under eye concealer. In every case, this concealer MUST BE SET WITH A TRANSLUCENT NON-TRANSFERABLE POWDER. MAC has one, it is white, the brand that I use is the Dermablend Translucent Powder. This powder sets the product to a matte finish, and keeps creams from transferring and moving around on your face for a very long time. A normal face powder will not guarantee that this will not move.

I love this concealer...I have been using various other concealers bc I have them laying around and I want to try them out...but this is tried and true for me...it blends into the skin well and can last a long time if set correctly. When I am going for a no makeup look, and do not want to use foundation, I put this under my eyes, around my brows, and on any blemishes...set with my Dermablend powder, and I look well rested and with perfect skin...Thank you MAC for another amazing product!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

I don't like this for two reasons: it creases a lot and disappears on me quite fast. It looks so creamy in the package, but it still manages to dry out my undereyes and look slightly oily at the same time. I need my makeup to stay for at least 10/15 hours a day I'm wearing it. And I like my makeup to look natural, but still have good coverage. Somehow this looks quite caky on my skin, even with a thin layer. The good thing is that there are many colours and the price is pretty low. I still won't ever buy this again.

A better concealer of the same cream-type is the "cream foundation" from Yaby. The pots are so small, I would probably use it up very fast as foundation. The consistency is also a bit thick - not good for a foundation, BUT it works wonderfully as concealer! :D Much better than MAC when it comes to longevity. It also sets to a powdery finish, but it's not drying and chalky, as the MAC concealer is on me. I have the colour Burdock, which is about an NC20-25.