April 18, 2014 | 1928 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by JaneWayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a long time fan of the original Primer Potion...DEVOTED to it. I picked this up to shake things up, and trusted that it would do the same job as the regular PP. Oh, no,no,no,no.no. How about one eye was completely nekkid...the other in stripes. Hot. I have the oiliest lids on the planet (My lids can eat through Liquid Longlast in MINUTES without primer) and this does not hold up. Kudos to improving the packing and offering different shades, but I will stick to the original.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by makeupwoot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

FINALLY! Urban Decay listened to the customers who abhored the old potion bottles that their primers were packaged in and tossed them out in favor of a convenient new squeeze tube! I probably sent at least a dozen emails to the company and gave up on UDPP about two years ago when I cut myself de-potting a primer and moved on to L'Oreal De-Crease, and eventually LORAC Behind the Scenes Primer.

While the LORAC primer is still my ultimate favorite, I absolutely adore the UDPP in the color "Sin." Not only does it keep your shadows from creasing, it is perfect for giving your shimmery eyeshadows an extra pop from the shimmery base of the primer. Also, the pretty, neutral shimmer works well as an eyeshadow by itself. I learned this when I put it on to do my eyes then realized that my clock was wrong and I was running late. I just let it dry, swiped on some MAC Fluidline and Mascara and went to the office where I actually had a co-worker compliment me on the look.

Pros vs. Cons

Pros

1. Easy to use squeeze tube that you never have to de-pot (unless you want to for some inexplicable reason).

2. Champagne shimmer base makes shimmery eyeshadows pop.

Cons

1. You'll need to have a very light hand since the color can be easy to overdo, depending on how dark of the base you want to build up. I prefer to put a tiny dot of it on a taklon brush and apply it over my lid and brow bone evenly.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by dwalls

If you're thinking of getting this instead of the original UDPP, don't! Sin is a lovely color and it looks great when you swatch it, but when applied to my eyes I find it has a sticky texture and doesn't blend well. It's a hassle to apply-- sometimes you get too much with the applicator, other times not enough. On top of that, this primer will make ANY eyeshadow appear shimmery and won't make your colors "pop". It didn't crease that much on me, though.

Suggestions: Benefit's Birthday Suit is AMAZING and practically the same color. NYX jumbo eye pencils are also a cheaper alternative

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by ellie179

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've not the tried the others in the series but this stuff rocks. It's the only thing that has worked for me . While I have normal to combination skin I've always had dewy lids and my makeup would hardly last half a day. Not a problem with this baby. Creates a lovely base for eye shadow to adhere well and lasts for long hours. I have darker lids too so this champagne shimmer does well to brighten it up - I can use it on it's own. The only thing I don't like about it is seeing how messy my wand can be when I unscrew the top but that's hardly a deal breaker, just a me being picky. I now want to try Eden and Greed, for variety. Can't wait!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 2:31:00 AM More reviews by xleahcarx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite primer potion. It works as good as the regular and I love the color and a little frost to it. I have even worn it alone before when I was in a hurry.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by mangogo234

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first UD primer potion, Sin is a sheer champagne color that can be used as an everyday wash of color, or a base for other eyeshadows. I have to say that this is a very good primer but sometimes I feel the shimmer can get all over the place and make my makeup look sloppy. Oh, and FYI, DO NOT GET THE BOTTLE FORM! GET THE SQUEEZABLE TUBE FORM! In the bottle form it's hard to get every last bit of product, so you have to cut it open and scoop the rest out. Overall, great primer but next time, I think i'll just get the original formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 10:52:00 AM More reviews by SpacieSiren

This stuff is my new hero! I have combination/oily skin and since I started my new job (lots of running around) I've had a HUGE problem with creasing and my makeup not lasting the whole day so I read reviews on this and decided to give it a shot. Love it!

It's got a very good price on it and glides on smooth, unlike the one by MAC. I love the Sin color too, such a pretty color. The very first day I wore dark makeup to give it a good crease test and after 12 hours at work my makeup didn't crease AT ALL and only faded slightly. Like I said, this stuff is my new hero :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 2:48:00 AM More reviews by sarah71390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love the Sin primer potion, but only as an eyeshadow instead of a primer/base. I feel that this is too thick to use as a primer, but it is shimmery enough to use a light eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by baileymac

This is the only eyeshadow primer I use. Its great! Goes on smooth, gives the right amount of shimmer with a light, barely there pigment. It does not crease and lasts all day. I have been through many tubes of this stuff and each tube lasts a few months so although its expensive, its worth every penny for the results you get!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by KeeleySiobhan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have a little sample size that I like and occasionally use when I use more natural shades of eyeshadow, but otherwise I don't really like using this. I find it a bit sticky, but it does its job alright.