July 25, 2014 | 1920 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Clarifying Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by ezadeza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know why others are complaining,but I actually like this product. Its oil free,non-comedogenic, and non-acnegenic. That's how it mostly caught my attention. It matches my skin perfectly, I got it when rimmel was 75%off;so it was super cheap. I would recommend this to makeup newbies;its cheap, won't harm skin, and easy to use w/ a brush or sponge. I gave it a 4/5 b/c its not really matte, more like a dewy finish.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by amazongirl18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color of this foundation looked shocking on my skin at first - kind of a dark brown - but then did blend in well. The mat powder finish is nice looking but it left my combination skin feeling tight and itchy after an hour or so.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Cozmix

I liked it at first. Around the third time I put it on, I realized it gives me a horrible orangey color. It's thick, and makes me look very oily. I do NOT recommend this to anyone!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by bschoen

I have oily skin and had high hopes when this foundation came out. However, it did not live up to the expectation. With or without primer, it does not help with the shine. I used the stay matte powder to set it, which also does not help with the shine. The powder unfortunately sets into pores and is quite obvious. The worst is though, that this foundation feels really heavy on the skin after only a few hours. Very uncomfortable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by katyd316

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product after I noticed my face getting oily throughout the day. However, this doesn't exactly stay matte all day. The coverage is OK and the color matches me fine. It blended fine and I will continue to use it up since I bought it, but it doesn't really do what it says.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2010 8:01:00 PM More reviews by saraxoox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I useally use Make up forever HD foundation but because its so expensive I hate wearing it for everyday things like running errands.So I got this at Ulta yesterday to wear on those days where I dont want to use the expensive stuff.The color match is good.I got this in 200 soft beige and it seems to match the make up forever one I have #118.The coverage is ok not to light but not full.It does seem some what hard to blend.I feel like you need to blend right away when it touches your skin or it will dry up.It does not cover the red acne marks on my right cheek.I wouldnt buy this again.Not a horriable product if you dont have much to cover but if you have acne marks(like me) I wouldnt recommend this.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by FlyingToaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Alright, I've completely changed my review... I'm pale. I got this in 100, the lightest shade, but it's still a little too dark and orangey for me. It's really hard to blend, too. You think you have it all sheered out and blended perfectly and then you see this giant line on your temple or near your hairline that's much darker than your skin and the makeup has dried so you an't blend it away. If I dilute it with moisturizer it doesn't give me enough coverage, without moisturizer it's too dark and too thick. I can't win with this thing. Also, it does not stay matte. It's not matte in the first place. The only good thing is it didn't break me out. Will be returning this to the store.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by NYNay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I ran out of foundation when on holiday visiting relatives out of town, so I bought this on a whim at WalMart. Nice stuff for the price!
It gives you a natural look. Is it truly 100% matte? Not after an hour. But, for oily-skinned gals, when you are having a day when you want a natural, not 100% dry/matte look (you may need to powder a few times), this is great stuff. A few hours after applying I look refreshed and my skin tone looks even. Don't expect it to stand up to a 10 hour day and look amazing, but for a casual day requiring casual makeup, this is great stuff, esp for the price. Love the tube packaging too. Rimmel is a nice drugstore line!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by luvactuallyisallarnd

I don't use this as a foundation, but as a concealer. I use a small pea-size dot, tap it on areas that need to be concealed, and blend. Afterwards, I apply mineral foundation (EDM) to set it. As a concealer, it has pretty good coverage. It has yet to break me out. It's cheap and has a nice consistency. On me, it's never cakey nor does it look obvious. In fact, #103 is the perfect color for my skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2009 3:52:00 AM More reviews by Kmakie3414

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This foundation gives me perfect coverage (i don't need really full coverage) but you can build up the coverage and it won't look to cakey. the shade i got is a bit off but it still looks really nice. i really like this foundation but i havent really noticed it like clearing up my skin but it definitely doesn't break me out. Overall, this isnt my favorite foundation ever, but i liked it :)