July 30, 2014 | 1617 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by coramonster

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is NOT my favorite mascara. I hate the primer side, pointless I have long lashes anyway. It makes my lashes feel dry and hard. They feel heavy and don't curl well. But the absolute best reason for me to buy this mascara again and again is... it doesn't smudge at all, at all. Not at all!
I have oily skin so most mascaras end up all over my face, especially if it's a hot day and I sweat at all, I have raccoon eye's. But not with this mascara. I like how it comes off, in tubes not messy at all.
I don't like the primer so I don't use it, the few times I have used it, it took coats and coats of the mascara side to cover over the white, buy then I had four or five spiky lashes where they had clumped together. So I'm only using half the product. You only get a small amount of product in the tube too. If they sold it as just that mascara, I'd be happier. No not my favorite, but I will buy until there is alliterative.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Savvy890

HATE IT!
-kind of pricey
-broke 6 of my eyelashes within 2 days of use
-the packaging clumps up the mascara making it kind of messy
wouldn't buy it again, was highly disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2009 7:10:00 PM More reviews by StardustSteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my all time favorite mascara right now. It gives me incredible length and definition. I look like I'm wearing false lashes when I wear this mascara. I find the formula perfect not to liquidy nor too thick. It goes on smooth and looks natural. I recommend people at least give this a try it really gives your lashes an amazing look.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2009 11:36:00 AM More reviews by estellarosa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Same here, my lashes are pretty non-existent too.
I've been looking for the type of vinyl or polymer mascara since they discontinued Magicils and the one from Agnes B: Flash mascara.
I like the clean plastic effect, and I like the fact that it doesn't damage the lashes. This one is even better with that prob5-vitamin primer.
This mascara gives the biggest impact in the smallest amount of time.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by makeupchic70

Great product. Does wonders to my short, sparse eyelashes.

Update (10.15.09)

I have lost a few (or more) lashes while removing this stuff = ((

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by tobybear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is kinda long, but...
I pretty much stick with Rimmel, because it's the only mascara brand I've used that doesn't flake off into my eyes and sting! But, it was my birthday so I decided to treat myself and try the beauty tubes.

So, I applied the primer, and then the black while the primer was still wet. My lashes looked long and thick, but they're pretty decent to begin with. I was more concerned with smudges, flakes and irritation.

So I went out for my birthday dinner with a friend to one of those hole in the wall Mexican restaurants with great food, and ended up wearing a giant sombrero while the staff sang happy birthday to me... and then, out of nowhere, one of the waiters smashed a napkin filled with CREAM into my face, and then proceeded to rub it all across my face! WTF?

I ran into the restroom to scrub my face (I have really breakout prone, sensitive skin) and noticed that all of my eyeshadow had been removed by the cream, but the mascara still looked perfect!! No smudgy raccoon eyes, no messy flakes, nothing!! I couldn't believe it. I expected a giant black, runny mascara mess, but it looked like I had just applied it.

When it came time to remove the mascara later that night, I just let the warm water from the shower run across my face, and then gently rubbed my lashes. It only took around 30 seconds, and the mascara came off in little clumps that washed away easily. No tugging, no greasy eye makeup removers...just warm water. Wow. I'm impressed!

So, to sum up: thickens and lengthens, easy removal, no irritation, no flakes, no smudges...definite rebuy.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2009 9:41:00 AM More reviews by 8024debbie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very good mascara. I think for lengthening it's great, it made mine look very long but as for volume, not so much. Had to add about 3 coats to get the lashes to look thicker. Other than that it's great and it comes off easily. I just clean my face with cetaphil and warm water and it comes right off.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2009 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Lisa1000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the fact that this mascara doesn't smudge, unfortunately it makes my lashes look stick-like (as other MUA reviewers wrote). I'm going to keep looking for my HG mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2009 8:46:00 AM More reviews by tinaaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara because I heard many good reviews. They said that with this mascara your lashes look like false etc but to be honest I wasn't impressed at all! I was expecting something much better than this. It gives me volume but not much length.. I haven't tried to get it off with warm water but i comes off soooo hard with my waterproof make up remover. It doesn't desolve and comes off into little pieces which I find disgusting!! I definitely won't buy this mascara again. I expected more but I was disappointed...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Ellaryn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this product for a couple of months now, and it's fantastic.

I like how it doesn't smudge, and comes of with warm water.
It does lengthen my lashes a tad, but doesn't give it that much volume.

Also I find that you have to apply the mascara while the primer is still wet if not it won't go on as smoothly.

Overall I think it's a great mascara for lengthening.