Bare Escentuals Kabuki Brush

2.6

on 7/7/2009 9:28:00 PM

Is an extremely rough brush. It sheds like crazy. I am so glad I didn't spend $28 on this because I would be ticked off. I do not recommend this brush at all.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

very sad to say that I'am disapointed in this kabuki brush. When I first bought the product it was soft and great to work with until I washed it. The bristles became rough and dry I thought it was the shampoo that I used but it can't be because the shampoo is not that bad (Bare Escentuals Well-Cared For) it works well to deep clean your brushes. When the Kabuki finally dried, it felt horrible to use agian. I'am very sad because I spent a lot of money to buy the brush.

on 6/16/2009 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've had my brush for at least 5 years and I still love it. Mine is soft and does a perfect job with mineral foundation. I wash it every week with regular shampoo, and I don't have any problems with it losing hair. The negative reviews here really surprise me.

on 6/14/2009 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very poor quality. After a few months of use is just incredibly beat up. Great at first, but does not last long.

on 6/10/2009 1:39:00 PM

Horrible horrible brush. When I first used it when it came with the kit, it wasn't too bad. After I washed it about two times, the bristles became very prickly. My face felt awful after I applied my mineral foundation. It shed a few times as well but not over the top. I've found a new kabuki brush and I will never go back to this one again.

on 5/24/2009 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This brush was given to me to use with my Aromaleigh minerals and I've never had in problems with it. I'm not in love with it, I've never been in love with a brush, but it gets the job done. I don't find it scratchy or irritating at all and haven't experienced much fall-out. I've washed it a couple times and it softens each time. I won't need to find another Kabuki for quite a while.

on 5/24/2009 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

This kabuki should be called a tumble weed! Ok so its not THAT bad but if you have ever used a quality brush you'll get what I mean. It is prickly and it sheds! No wonder they give it away with the makeup kits!

on 5/22/2009 11:38:00 PM

I like this brush. I can't use it for anything but my bare escentuals products so it doesn't have many uses but with that sad, it works well with what I use it for. I like how the brush is soft and easy to hold onto when applying my makeup. I would buy this product again.

on 5/15/2009 1:54:00 AM

I don't understand all the bad ratings on here, and I may be a minority, but I love this brush! The bristles are relatively soft, it is a bit stiff but it doesn't scratch or irritate my face or anything. I've experienced no fallouts whatsoever, and I've washed the brush at least 10 times. I find that the brush actually gets softer after each deep cleaning. Overall, I really like the brush, and I would continue to repurchase if I ever need to

on 5/11/2009 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Aaagh!! This ruined my first mineral makeup experience... there are way better brushes out there! This thing is way too stiff and rough, which makes it irritating and scratchy to use. It sheds a lot too.

Popular Makeup Brushes