Too Faced Chocolate Soleil

4.5

on 4/10/2014 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I use this bronzer most days and I mostly like it. The first bronzer I bought was Tarte's Park Ave Princess, which was nice but I wanted to find a matte bronzer without shimmer. After researching and reading reviews I came across Chocolate Soleil. The smell is nice, if a bit strange since it's makeup but it smells like dessert. The color works fine on my pale skin, it is easily bendable and has a nice texture. The only complaint I have is that it doesn't last too long. I work at the front desk at an office building, not grueling work, and it doesn't last a whole work day. I may try something different when it runs out, maybe a cream contouring product or one that is less brown, not sure. For now I am satisfied and it does the job.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Edit:

Ok, so I changed out the lightbulbs over my vanity and it literally shed some new light on my makeup. The old lightbulbs were somehow making this bronzer look red on me, but in real life it is was a warm, chocolatey brown. When applied lightly on my NC25 skin, it looks divine! I add Smashbox highlighter or a pinky blush to the apples of my cheeks and voila, instant healthy glow. I can't believe I let some stupid lightbulbs get in the way of this fantastic product!

I'm giving this product three stars because the product itself is fabulous, but the color just isn't right for my skin. I'm fair but also very yellow and on me this shows up reddish and it isn't flattering at all. I was hoping I could use this as a quick cheek color on minimal makeup days. The texture is great and I love the amount of pigmentation, but this isn't pretty on yellow skin. Back to ulta it goes unfortunately.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I recently got this product because I was in the market for a new bronzer. I have a medium-dark complexion and I think that it shows up pretty well on my skin. Most bronzers don't show up on me but this one does. The only problem is that this doesn't fit my undertone as perfectly as I would've liked. However, I'm not complaining because it gets the job done and it smells great. Worth the $30 though? I'm not too sure about that because I feel like there are better bronzers out there but its good overall.

on 3/24/2014 9:01:00 AM

I absolutely love this! Got it at Sephora, after one of the consultants demonstrated how to contour and highlight! Smell wonderful, but it makes me crave chocolate, lol.

on 3/21/2014 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

HG bronzer that I must smell every time I open it to apply and again before I put it away. LOVE <3

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This is a good bronzer. Has a nice chocolate smell to it and the color is nice and tan, not orange. However it fades really quickly even when I am using a primer.

on 3/4/2014 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is the only second bronzer I bought (the first one was MAC refined golden) so I can't really judge the other brands but I have to say that this really makes me feel like a goddess, I have asian medium-tan skin and this matte-finish-absolute-brownish baby seriously deepens and countuor my appearence so much, without trying to buildup!! Just one swatch is good enough, AND THE SMELL, OMG sweet addictive chocolate even if I'm not using it I just can't resist to open the pan and SMELL it, I feel so blissful during the 'smelling process'. Absolute HG Bronzer and I don't think I'll swap this as long as there's no bronzer better than this out there.

I read many reviews and compare it with benefit halola they sad hallola isvfor olive tones r best and too faced for light skins so I go 2 srphora and buy it after swatch the both really it worth every penny I bought the golden packaging be aware the colour will apper after the third application which give u good control I love it so much

on 3/2/2014 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

NOT ONLY DOES IS TASTE AND SMELL NICE(yes ive licked it dont judge me is was amazing) This bronzer is really great! I have Quite medium brown skin and nearly every single DARK bronzer I've tried doesn't show up on my skin like I have to keep on trying to build it up and then by the time It looks decent my face looks too powdery! But this one is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING on my skin! I love how they changed the packaging aswell! Defo recommended!

on 2/23/2014 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got a small version of this bronzer in a Too Faced set thing. Of course, the first thing that stood out to me about this is the chocolate scent, which is very interesting, to say the least! I do like that the bronzer is matte, and doesn't look orange at all, making it a very wearable product for everyday. It is VERY pigmented. Before getting this bronzer, I was using the NYC Sunny bronzer. With that one, I have to swirl my brush in the product for quite a while in order to get decent pigmentation. With the Chocolate Soleil bronzer, a little goes a super long way. You have to be really careful with how much you use, because using too much will result in a very harsh line that's tough to blend out.

I love this bronzer a lot though. Great color pay off, no ridiculous shimmers, and no orangey tone coming off of it. I don't like bronzer as a product enough to spend $30 on the full size, though.

Popular Bronzers

HOOLA
Bahama Mama
Chocolate Soleil
Laguna

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder- Review and Comparison to NARS Laguna by Lindsey Rose