September 1, 2014 | 1986 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by melaniehunt

I absolutely LOVE Studio Sculpt foundation. I have combination skin that tends to get dry in Winter, but this foundation never flakes or cakes. It's coverage is buildable, and a little goes a long way. I've use Estée Lauder in the past, but this is definitely my HG in foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 3:17:00 AM More reviews by Kirplunk0

Lol we have a hate and love relationship lol sometimes its a you know what and sometimes it makes me look glowy :) i think you def have to wash face and stuff to use it just saying lol

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by xTillyx

First of all let me tell you that even though I don't have perfect skin, I have pretty good normal-combination skin, it very rarely gets dry & also isn't oily but I do get the occasional few spots, nothing major just a few now and again - usually around "that time of the month"! I was on the hunt for a new foundation, something to give me that flawless & airbrushed look. A few of my friends wear MAC foundations & their skin always looks good so I thought I'd give it a try! So off I went to a MAC counter & after the consultant tried some on my face, I was happy with the colour match & the way it looked, she convinced me studio sculpt would be perfect for me with it's dewy, flawless, medium-full coverage so it was sold!

Unfortunately this foundation sounds a lot better than I found it to actually be, after just two weeks of wearing it I noticed I was getting more and more spots, I thought I must of not been cleansing thoroughly enough so I stepped up my cleansing & made sure every trace of make-up was removed before bed as well as exfoliating every few days. But every day I was noticing my skin was getting worse. So I stopped wearing it & switched to BareMinerals & my skin was soon clear again :-)

I then made a huge mistake - A month later it was my brothers wedding & I wanted flawless make-up for the day! So I spotted the
tube of studio sculpt in my make-up bag & thought even though it gave me spots last time I used it, I did like the way it looked with it's dewy full coverage finish & I also knew it photographed well so thought it would work well for a one off just for this special occasion! How wrong was I - throughout the day & night of the wedding I noticed my face felt itchy & I could feel painful spots coming on, when I got home at the end of this very long day I ran straight to the bathroom & washed my make-up off, as I looked in the mirror I was horrified with how bad my skin looked - the worst I have ever seen it!! I had painful acne like spots coming up all over my chin, around my mouth & on my forehead and also a dry red rash around my chin & mouth!! I was so mad at myself for giving this foundation another chance - I had no idea it would make my skin this bad!! Once again I switched back to BareMinerals, it took two weeks for my skin to heal & to get rid of all those nasty spots & rashes!!

I'm not saying that this foundation will do this to you, it may be perfect for some skin types - just not for mine! I would say be careful of this foundation if your skin is prone to breakouts or even if you just suffer from the occasional spots like me, it is a heavy sticky conciestancy which blocks the pores!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Law08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do like this it's very heavy but blends nicely because of the humidity where I live it's just too heavy but in a dryer climate I would enjoy it more :) looks great on!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by EmmaElizR

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation I have this in NW20 and for the winter it definitely too orange for me but for the summer its perfect. It's really full coverage and you only need a small amount of it. It perfect if you have acne as it completely covers them and you don't need concealer so it doesn't look cakey. This lasts all day and even when it's hot and you get sweaty it still stays put. But it is of kind of pricey but to be honest I would get it again

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by amary18

This foundation is a FULL COVERAGE FOUNDATION.

I use the tiniest drop, which is enough to cover all my blemishes, and entire face. Using the 187 Duo Fibre Brush, I start by covering my blemishes then gradually cover the rest of my face using that ONE TINY DROP. A little goes a long way and it is a high-quality foundation that can last you a long time. Seriously, I've had it for a year now and it's not even close to being finished. I like to brush over Mineralized powder to set and then spray with Fix Plus or wet a beauty blender to smooth out any cakey-ness.

If you have a lot of blemishes/hyperpigmentation/scarring, this is the product for you because it provides great coverage.

However, I'd only recommend using this to conceal scars/ not acne. This is because I have noticed that my acne gradually becomes worse after using this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by lemontea128

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've bought MAC shadows and blushes but this is the first foundation I've bought from MAC.
I've always stuck with DS brand foundations but I've been looking for a foundation that gives a flawless look along with a dewy look. I've done a lot of research reading reviews here. I even got samples of Teint Idole 24hr and even though I love the flawless finish and lightweight feel, it emphasized my dry patches. It looked really good at the beginning but as the day went on, it made my skin look dry. I was about to give up when I suddenly ran into some videos on youtube about MAC Studio Scuplt. So I went and asked to be colored match. The MUA that helped me was soooo nice, I wish I remembered her name but I know I will be looking for her again whenever I shop at the store. But anyways, she color matched me to NC42 and applied this on my face and along with Sunbasque blush which I will be purchasing later cause I love how it looked after she applied it. The color match was perfect. It's the first time that a foundation color really matched my skin. It also gave me this dewy finish that I have been looking for but have never found, even with foundations that claim to be dewy. I applied this with the small elf stippling brush just cause the MUA used a stippling brush too. I tried it with a sponge but I didn't like how it looked so I think this foundation for me at least works better with a brush. For me this stays on for at least 6 - 8rs. I've never worn it for longer than that but I set it with fix +, not sure if that makes any difference though. The one most important thing is that it doesn't dry my skin. I have dry skin especially my cheek area and this foundation does not emphasize it at all. It doesn't feel heavy at all but I think that depends on how much you apply and I usually just apply one layer and that gives me enough coverage. I think it's medium to full coverage. After buying this, I've been using this every time and I still have some DS foundations that I need to use up but I just can't keep myself from it. $31 is kinda pricey but it's not as pricey as the other higher end brand foundations out there but I will still buy this again and again just because I love the look and the hydration it gives my skin. This has become my holy grail foundation and this is the first review I've done on here just because I love it so much. Even my sis said she likes it and she's really picky when it comes to foundation. Definitely worth trying out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by RomanXI

This is my holy grail foundation. I have normal skin so I don't necessarily need it for the hydrating and moisturizing properties but it just adds a youthful radiance although I am still young.
Three words to describe this product: Youthful, hydrating, flawless.

The packaging is bigger than what I expected, I thought the tube seemed quite thin and small on pictures but you do actually get a fair bit of product. I really like the fact it is in a tube it very easy to control, it's also clean as well.
Everyone says the product is a gel like consistency, when I think of the word "gel" I think thick and jelly like, but this product is more of a liquid cream, it's a really nice consistency, not too liquid not too creamy.
I find it strange people say this is a sheer foundation, it is definitely medium-full. It isn't a full blown dewy foundation, on me there are even subtle elements of matte in it when it dries, there is a natural sheen to it though, if you're scared of it looking greasy(it wont), just put powder on your nose, chin and forehead only.

If you have dry skin don't be afraid of this emphasizing dry patches, it really won't, it also leaves your skin feeling refreshed, soft and plump hours after you've taken it off, it's really nice.

For those with oily skin, it would be more difficult to get away with this product, although if you are oily only in certain areas, then by all means you will be able to wear this product if you prep your skin with a good primer.

It is impossible for this foundation to cake up or settling in fine lines or pores due to the consistency - have no fear of this being cakey you'd have to use a ridiculous amount for it to ever look caked up or greasy.

It is long wearing, incredibly smooth, has a very nice coverage and it will last you months and months, it's true when people say a little goes a long way, even the smallest amount spreads out quite far.

I would recommend this product to pretty much everyone, especially mature skins, it is youthful and hydrating.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by andreaboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So far so good, I think I really like this foundation! This is a very thick foundation, almost like a cream. It has great coverage, I would say medium/full coverage. So far it hasn't broke me out, I was worried about the shea butter listed in the ingredients but it's only helped my dry skin become more soft. I use my Urban Decay Optical Blurring brush and it applies amazingly! If you don't use a makeup brush it's best if rubbed throughout your fingers so it spreads evenly on your face.

It lasted all day and didn't become super greasy on me. I'm not sure how this would be on most skin types but on my dry/sensitive skin it's fantastic.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2013 7:24:00 AM More reviews by patEMPER

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, i generally have to say, IT SUCKS! The colour doesnt match my skin tone, and after using for 45mins, my face looks horrible.