October 2, 2014 | 1229 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by m3talmary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this foundation. I have rosey cheeks and it does a good job when it comes to coverage. There is a downside. It's thick. Think twice about scratching your face cause it'll be globbed up in your nail.
The only time I wear this foundation is on special occasions and I set it with the studio fix powder. I'm a college student and it lasts throughout the night when drinking and chilling with friends. Not a hint of red is seen in my cheeks(:
I will continue to buy this makeup
I love mac

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by LilyAlice93

This is the foundation that I use every single day. I use it because I have active acne and scarring and this foundation really does well covering them up. I used to wear Studio fix fluid for about two years and in that time period, I tried out Studio sculpt. I found that it made me look fake and washed out (this was when I didn't suffer from acne) I continued wearing studio fix fluid untill a few months ago I decided to give this foundation another go. I love the foundation but I do find that after a few hours is starts to seperate and really clings to my dry patches (I have very dry skin) I apply this foundation with either my fingers or my 191 MAC foundation brush which helps to not have a cakey and layered feeling on my skin. I highly recommend this to people with acne related skin problems as I feel a lot more confident wearing this. I have just orderd Estee Lauder maximum coverage foundation online, so hopefully it matches up to this one....

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by SMaj

Love this!! I wear this in NW35 and I love the file it gives my skin. However I do find it slips and by the end of the day my face has slipped onto my neck!! To avoid this I use a No7 primer, then a really light base of Estée Lauder double wear in 3N1 then use Mac on top!(sounds like a lot but I literally use a pea-size amount of Estée as a light base) the Mac studio sculpt gives me a lovely light glowy finish making my skin look healthy and fresh, the Estée beneath it stops any slipping! I use the real techniques stippling brush to apply and this gives it a lovely, even finish 😊

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2013 8:44:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMyDay2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I went to a MAC counter for a new foundation. I told her I have oily skin, but don't like matte finishes. She recommended me this, the first foundation of MAC I've tried and I don't really like it.

What I dislike most about it, is that it doesn't blend into the skin. It gives me a mask sort of feeling. It's a heavy foundation and has a little bit of a mousse-like consistency. To apply, I switch between real techniques buffer brush and real techniques stippling brush, and I like the buffer brush slightly better for application. The staying power is not great, cause it lies on the skin more than blend in, but with a good primer and finishing spray it's okay.

After I powdered my face, my blush still applies somewhat streaky. I don't know what it is, but my full face makeup cant seem to turn out flawlessly.

It comes in a tube, what I do like about the packaging. You can squeeze the tube until you have the desired amount, which is harder with foundations in a pump packaging.
After you think you finished it, you can cut the tube in half, cause there's still a generous amount of foundation left in the tube.

I will never buy this foundation again, it's not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 5:39:00 AM More reviews by EmmaPorter13

This was my first mac foundation and was desperate to find something that would cover my hyper pigmentation , acne scarring and redness. I also have quite dry skin so the woman recommended this foundation as it is meant to give a full coverage plus moisturise. I went home and tried it and it just wasn't working for me at all. I tried the real techniques stippling brush, foundation brush, sponge it didn't work. That's when I purchased the real techniques expert face brush. The foundation was then able to cover up all my scarring and redness leaving a lovely dewy finish to my dry skin. I love this foundation now and definitely am glad I bought it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by MiniAndBoss

I absolutely LOVE this foundation! At first, I was super weary of purchasing the foundation due to all the horror stories I had heard about MAC foundations. However, after trying a sample and not experiencing any breakouts, I decided to buy it. The foundation is 40 mLs or 1.3 oz. and comes in a squeeze tube. It is $31 as of September 2013.

I have normal/combo skin, with an oily nose and dry cheeks and chin. This foundation makes my skin look like.. well, better skin! It has a very natural, satin finish and it provides a medium coverage that can be built up. I apply the foundation using a flat top buffer brush, and a little goes a long way. I do not have acne aside from the monthly 1 or 2 pimples but I do have redness and uneven skintone on my cheeks and chin. I usually find that one coat does the trick for me, and I am incredibly happy with how my face looks with this foundation on.

This foundation does have a weird smell, but the smell does not last once applied. The formula is thicker, almost a cream, but I find that it doesn't accentuate my dry patches like some liquid or powder foundations can do. This foundation does not oxidize on me, and I find the color NC20 is very well matched for my light-medium yellow undertoned skin. I always set my foundation with powder, but I actually prefer how my skin looks without the powder when I wear this foundation. It just gives me that nice healthy-skinned glow without appearing greasy. The wear time is great, I can get about 8 hours out of it before it starts looking kind of patchy around my mouth.

I've been wearing this foundation for 2 weeks now, and it works great for the colder weather. I do not think that this foundation would work for the months, however. It has a very moisturizing formula that I see could melt off my face when it gets hot.

Overall, I am VERY pleased with this foundation, and I can see this being a staple in the colder months.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by melaniehunt

I absolutely LOVE Studio Sculpt foundation. I have combination skin that tends to get dry in Winter, but this foundation never flakes or cakes. It's coverage is buildable, and a little goes a long way. I've use Estée Lauder in the past, but this is definitely my HG in foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 3:17:00 AM More reviews by Kirplunk0

Lol we have a hate and love relationship lol sometimes its a you know what and sometimes it makes me look glowy :) i think you def have to wash face and stuff to use it just saying lol

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by xTillyx

First of all let me tell you that even though I don't have perfect skin, I have pretty good normal-combination skin, it very rarely gets dry & also isn't oily but I do get the occasional few spots, nothing major just a few now and again - usually around "that time of the month"! I was on the hunt for a new foundation, something to give me that flawless & airbrushed look. A few of my friends wear MAC foundations & their skin always looks good so I thought I'd give it a try! So off I went to a MAC counter & after the consultant tried some on my face, I was happy with the colour match & the way it looked, she convinced me studio sculpt would be perfect for me with it's dewy, flawless, medium-full coverage so it was sold!

Unfortunately this foundation sounds a lot better than I found it to actually be, after just two weeks of wearing it I noticed I was getting more and more spots, I thought I must of not been cleansing thoroughly enough so I stepped up my cleansing & made sure every trace of make-up was removed before bed as well as exfoliating every few days. But every day I was noticing my skin was getting worse. So I stopped wearing it & switched to BareMinerals & my skin was soon clear again :-)

I then made a huge mistake - A month later it was my brothers wedding & I wanted flawless make-up for the day! So I spotted the
tube of studio sculpt in my make-up bag & thought even though it gave me spots last time I used it, I did like the way it looked with it's dewy full coverage finish & I also knew it photographed well so thought it would work well for a one off just for this special occasion! How wrong was I - throughout the day & night of the wedding I noticed my face felt itchy & I could feel painful spots coming on, when I got home at the end of this very long day I ran straight to the bathroom & washed my make-up off, as I looked in the mirror I was horrified with how bad my skin looked - the worst I have ever seen it!! I had painful acne like spots coming up all over my chin, around my mouth & on my forehead and also a dry red rash around my chin & mouth!! I was so mad at myself for giving this foundation another chance - I had no idea it would make my skin this bad!! Once again I switched back to BareMinerals, it took two weeks for my skin to heal & to get rid of all those nasty spots & rashes!!

I'm not saying that this foundation will do this to you, it may be perfect for some skin types - just not for mine! I would say be careful of this foundation if your skin is prone to breakouts or even if you just suffer from the occasional spots like me, it is a heavy sticky conciestancy which blocks the pores!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Law08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do like this it's very heavy but blends nicely because of the humidity where I live it's just too heavy but in a dryer climate I would enjoy it more :) looks great on!