July 30, 2014 | 1161 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by EmmaElizR

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation I have this in NW20 and for the winter it definitely too orange for me but for the summer its perfect. It's really full coverage and you only need a small amount of it. It perfect if you have acne as it completely covers them and you don't need concealer so it doesn't look cakey. This lasts all day and even when it's hot and you get sweaty it still stays put. But it is of kind of pricey but to be honest I would get it again

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by amary18

This foundation is a FULL COVERAGE FOUNDATION.

I use the tiniest drop, which is enough to cover all my blemishes, and entire face. Using the 187 Duo Fibre Brush, I start by covering my blemishes then gradually cover the rest of my face using that ONE TINY DROP. A little goes a long way and it is a high-quality foundation that can last you a long time. Seriously, I've had it for a year now and it's not even close to being finished. I like to brush over Mineralized powder to set and then spray with Fix Plus or wet a beauty blender to smooth out any cakey-ness.

If you have a lot of blemishes/hyperpigmentation/scarring, this is the product for you because it provides great coverage.

However, I'd only recommend using this to conceal scars/ not acne. This is because I have noticed that my acne gradually becomes worse after using this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by lemontea128

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've bought MAC shadows and blushes but this is the first foundation I've bought from MAC.
I've always stuck with DS brand foundations but I've been looking for a foundation that gives a flawless look along with a dewy look. I've done a lot of research reading reviews here. I even got samples of Teint Idole 24hr and even though I love the flawless finish and lightweight feel, it emphasized my dry patches. It looked really good at the beginning but as the day went on, it made my skin look dry. I was about to give up when I suddenly ran into some videos on youtube about MAC Studio Scuplt. So I went and asked to be colored match. The MUA that helped me was soooo nice, I wish I remembered her name but I know I will be looking for her again whenever I shop at the store. But anyways, she color matched me to NC42 and applied this on my face and along with Sunbasque blush which I will be purchasing later cause I love how it looked after she applied it. The color match was perfect. It's the first time that a foundation color really matched my skin. It also gave me this dewy finish that I have been looking for but have never found, even with foundations that claim to be dewy. I applied this with the small elf stippling brush just cause the MUA used a stippling brush too. I tried it with a sponge but I didn't like how it looked so I think this foundation for me at least works better with a brush. For me this stays on for at least 6 - 8rs. I've never worn it for longer than that but I set it with fix +, not sure if that makes any difference though. The one most important thing is that it doesn't dry my skin. I have dry skin especially my cheek area and this foundation does not emphasize it at all. It doesn't feel heavy at all but I think that depends on how much you apply and I usually just apply one layer and that gives me enough coverage. I think it's medium to full coverage. After buying this, I've been using this every time and I still have some DS foundations that I need to use up but I just can't keep myself from it. $31 is kinda pricey but it's not as pricey as the other higher end brand foundations out there but I will still buy this again and again just because I love the look and the hydration it gives my skin. This has become my holy grail foundation and this is the first review I've done on here just because I love it so much. Even my sis said she likes it and she's really picky when it comes to foundation. Definitely worth trying out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by RomanXI

This is my holy grail foundation. I have normal skin so I don't necessarily need it for the hydrating and moisturizing properties but it just adds a youthful radiance although I am still young.
Three words to describe this product: Youthful, hydrating, flawless.

The packaging is bigger than what I expected, I thought the tube seemed quite thin and small on pictures but you do actually get a fair bit of product. I really like the fact it is in a tube it very easy to control, it's also clean as well.
Everyone says the product is a gel like consistency, when I think of the word "gel" I think thick and jelly like, but this product is more of a liquid cream, it's a really nice consistency, not too liquid not too creamy.
I find it strange people say this is a sheer foundation, it is definitely medium-full. It isn't a full blown dewy foundation, on me there are even subtle elements of matte in it when it dries, there is a natural sheen to it though, if you're scared of it looking greasy(it wont), just put powder on your nose, chin and forehead only.

If you have dry skin don't be afraid of this emphasizing dry patches, it really won't, it also leaves your skin feeling refreshed, soft and plump hours after you've taken it off, it's really nice.

For those with oily skin, it would be more difficult to get away with this product, although if you are oily only in certain areas, then by all means you will be able to wear this product if you prep your skin with a good primer.

It is impossible for this foundation to cake up or settling in fine lines or pores due to the consistency - have no fear of this being cakey you'd have to use a ridiculous amount for it to ever look caked up or greasy.

It is long wearing, incredibly smooth, has a very nice coverage and it will last you months and months, it's true when people say a little goes a long way, even the smallest amount spreads out quite far.

I would recommend this product to pretty much everyone, especially mature skins, it is youthful and hydrating.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by andreaboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So far so good, I think I really like this foundation! This is a very thick foundation, almost like a cream. It has great coverage, I would say medium/full coverage. So far it hasn't broke me out, I was worried about the shea butter listed in the ingredients but it's only helped my dry skin become more soft. I use my Urban Decay Optical Blurring brush and it applies amazingly! If you don't use a makeup brush it's best if rubbed throughout your fingers so it spreads evenly on your face.

It lasted all day and didn't become super greasy on me. I'm not sure how this would be on most skin types but on my dry/sensitive skin it's fantastic.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2013 7:24:00 AM More reviews by patEMPER

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, i generally have to say, IT SUCKS! The colour doesnt match my skin tone, and after using for 45mins, my face looks horrible.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Tani3624

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A love hate relationship! For shade reference i am an Nc 3o EXACTLY, so anything even slightly bit darker looks muddy on me. My undertones are quite yellow and golden and olivey so for me it was every week back to the MAC store because i was on the hunt for my perfect MAC foundation and i wasnt satisfied with the studio fix fluid sample, the studio tech sample, the studio fix powder plus foundation or the prolong wear. None of them were golden enough for my skin! They looked grey and dry on me. I am oily combination with dry cheek patches oily t zone (Canadian, pakistani/Afghani) over here. We tend be with alot of yellow undertones! Until i found this beauty! This foundation glides on ever so smoothly (it has silicone) so it makes sense it would. Medium to buildable full coverage. But out of all the mac nc 30 foundations it is the most yellow/golden and has the most beautiful glow u look like a golden greek goddess! The packaging of the tube is perfect, it has a great skin like satin finish and its hydrating!! Perfect for sensitive, normal, dry, dry combo, and oily combo pple. I wouldnt recommend for oil pple unless u have a matte primer :) but even then u might finding a blot during mid day which isnt too bad girls! It oxides (yawn!) all the MAC foundations do, 4 MAC makeup artists told me that, only reason why i would hate it -_____- the play with this foundation is that it needs to be set with a mineralize skin finish natural and fix plus to finish the complete face, and before applying the foundation i highly recommend the prep n prime moisture infusion. Its a group made in heaven! All four products work like harmony together! The mineralize skin finish powder is used on top so that it doesnt oxidize to the point where it would be visible, the fix plus gives it more stay power so it DEFINITELY wont oxidize and the prep n prime moisture infusion is a miracle worker before u apple the foundation! i see no patches no dryness my redness has calmed & it definitely holds the foundation well. People just wont stop staring at me--- and i know its my skin. The price, meh, i thing its a little too much considering i used three other products to bring the best use of it, but if u want glowy beautiful soft smooth light-full coverage on the skin, you just met your match!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Ivonne24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

First of all I'd like to say that this product would put me off buying any Mac make up, but the support received from their customer service after I complained about this foundation make me not remove this brand completely from my list. I bought this foundation with setting spray and pressed blush. The colour of the product is lovely and you only need a small dab to cover your face. However it turns really awful after about 3 hours. Really heavy, cakey coverage made me look like I used some horrible foundation. So not worth the money. Seems like I cannot use MAC foundations as they're not right for my skin type anyway. This one left streaks and when I wanted to set it with powder (or correct on my break) it looked so tacky I cannot use it in the office. Really really disappointed as the blush is nice. I'm really avoiding using up this product as it also causes so e spots as I think my skin cannot breathe underneath this heavy layer! Not happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 6:16:00 AM More reviews by spyderweb

I love this foundation, in my opinion, MAC Studio Sculpt is a medium to full coverage foundation, it's not as matt as the studio fix liquid foundation, is more of a dewy finish, you can wear less to make it look sheer, it can be built up to medium or full coverage. Every time I wear this foundation, I get great compliments on my skin, I am NW15, I have to say this foundation (NW15) looks really good with pink powder blush and plum lipstick, just amazing! I also bought the NC15 to go with beige/brown lipstick and peach/orange powder blush, it all depends on what outfit I wear that day

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by CrashBangKelsey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the only liquid foundation I use; I don't even bother experimenting because this is just so perfect for me. The texture is very nice and creamy, making it extremely easy to blend especially with just my fingers. And most importantly, the coverage is fantastic! Liquid foundation is good for my dry combination skin but it does leave some shine, so I use this with the Studio Fix powder foundation overtop to mattify the look. And let me tell you, the two products together provide the best airbrush finish, and it lasts all day. I know that sounds like a lot and I know many people don't like the feel of too much face makeup, but I really don't mind so long as the coverage is sufficient.

Oh yeah, and it doesn't make me break out either. Huge thumbs up to that!