November 28, 2014 | 1218 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I love this foundation! One of my favourites that is always in regular rotation.

Pros:
It has amazing coverage - medium buildable to full with a gorgeous satiny finish that is almost impossible to find in fuller coverage products. I love the cream-gel texture, it's perfect for my combo skin. Not greasy at all, doesn't cling to or emphasize my dry, flaky areas. I mainly use this for special occasions (even though it has spf, I have never noticed any flashback even when I'm darker around NC30) and sheer it out a bit with a brush or sponge for daily use as I prefer lighter coverage. This mixes perfectly with any moisturiser if you want to make your own tinted moisturiser, any facial oils, creams/lotions, "bb-enhancing" products such as Etude's Volumer if you want a more sheer, radiant finish. I've used this with anything and everything, very versatile and I don't need to hunt for different products I can easily blend myself using Studio Sculpt.

Since it does provide good coverage, I also use this to conceal any blemishes or dark circles. What I love best is I think this is MAC's most "skin-like" foundation. It's not dry or cake-y like Studio Fix liquid foundation was on me, and not as matte as MatchMaster. And not sparkly like a lot of those "naked/illuminating" category type foundations which look too shimmery in daylight. This just disappears into skin, and looks very natural. I often compare it to LM Silk Creme, although the LM is more emollient and a different texture, they both have a fuller coverage with a very natural finish. I pulled out the Studio Sculpt one day at workout to touch up an awful acne scar on my chin and my co-worker was like "What are you using, your skin looks perfect??? it covers everything, no concealer??'

Needless to say she asked me to drive with her to the nearest MAC counter after work, and now uses the MAC instead of her usual Dior. With this, I can cover my whole face using a tiny drop, imperfections and all, in less than 5 minutes flat - no need to use concealers and correctors.

Cons:
NONE
I can't think of a single bad thing to say about this product, love it :)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by RHartyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The packaging for this foundation is fantastic and out of all the foundations i've tried the best packaging because you can squeeze every last drop out unlike most premium foundations. However i have normal/combination skin. Like most people my T-zone tends to get slightly oily but it was never to bad before using this product. Because it was gel based foundation i felt that as the day went on my make up would start to melt off even if i had finished with powder which is a MUST with this foundation. My skin constantly looked really oily and my face would never last. If you have problem skin DO NOT use this product. If you have normal skin and like a dewy look then it might be okay for you but you have to finish with powder or it will not stay. Also i wouldnt recommend using every day, all the time because after a while it started to give me problematic skin. Hope this review was useful!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2013 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Mummykel25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this foundation after reading reviews in the hope it would be good for dry skin, the packaging is nice for a foundation and its easy to control how much you use also for someone who likes the foundation you get a good amount for your money 10ml more than a standard 30ml bottle of foundation. The foundation itself i found to be far to thick for my skin it does feel soft and gel like but it didn't do much for my dry skin and I found it hard to blend.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2013 7:40:00 AM More reviews by Hausdefab

first a big no no for oily skin.your face will definitely looks horrible..great for dry and normal to slightly combination skin.really advicable to set with powder.finish is satiny and medium to buildable.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by gildoush22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

one of the worst foundations I have tried. so oily, does not blend well and it clings to every little imperfection you have on ur skin

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by m3talmary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this foundation. I have rosey cheeks and it does a good job when it comes to coverage. There is a downside. It's thick. Think twice about scratching your face cause it'll be globbed up in your nail.
The only time I wear this foundation is on special occasions and I set it with the studio fix powder. I'm a college student and it lasts throughout the night when drinking and chilling with friends. Not a hint of red is seen in my cheeks(:
I will continue to buy this makeup
I love mac

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by LilyAlice93

This is the foundation that I use every single day. I use it because I have active acne and scarring and this foundation really does well covering them up. I used to wear Studio fix fluid for about two years and in that time period, I tried out Studio sculpt. I found that it made me look fake and washed out (this was when I didn't suffer from acne) I continued wearing studio fix fluid untill a few months ago I decided to give this foundation another go. I love the foundation but I do find that after a few hours is starts to seperate and really clings to my dry patches (I have very dry skin) I apply this foundation with either my fingers or my 191 MAC foundation brush which helps to not have a cakey and layered feeling on my skin. I highly recommend this to people with acne related skin problems as I feel a lot more confident wearing this. I have just orderd Estee Lauder maximum coverage foundation online, so hopefully it matches up to this one....

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by SMaj

Love this!! I wear this in NW35 and I love the file it gives my skin. However I do find it slips and by the end of the day my face has slipped onto my neck!! To avoid this I use a No7 primer, then a really light base of Estée Lauder double wear in 3N1 then use Mac on top!(sounds like a lot but I literally use a pea-size amount of Estée as a light base) the Mac studio sculpt gives me a lovely light glowy finish making my skin look healthy and fresh, the Estée beneath it stops any slipping! I use the real techniques stippling brush to apply and this gives it a lovely, even finish 😊

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2013 8:44:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMyDay2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I went to a MAC counter for a new foundation. I told her I have oily skin, but don't like matte finishes. She recommended me this, the first foundation of MAC I've tried and I don't really like it.

What I dislike most about it, is that it doesn't blend into the skin. It gives me a mask sort of feeling. It's a heavy foundation and has a little bit of a mousse-like consistency. To apply, I switch between real techniques buffer brush and real techniques stippling brush, and I like the buffer brush slightly better for application. The staying power is not great, cause it lies on the skin more than blend in, but with a good primer and finishing spray it's okay.

After I powdered my face, my blush still applies somewhat streaky. I don't know what it is, but my full face makeup cant seem to turn out flawlessly.

It comes in a tube, what I do like about the packaging. You can squeeze the tube until you have the desired amount, which is harder with foundations in a pump packaging.
After you think you finished it, you can cut the tube in half, cause there's still a generous amount of foundation left in the tube.

I will never buy this foundation again, it's not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 5:39:00 AM More reviews by EmmaPorter13

This was my first mac foundation and was desperate to find something that would cover my hyper pigmentation , acne scarring and redness. I also have quite dry skin so the woman recommended this foundation as it is meant to give a full coverage plus moisturise. I went home and tried it and it just wasn't working for me at all. I tried the real techniques stippling brush, foundation brush, sponge it didn't work. That's when I purchased the real techniques expert face brush. The foundation was then able to cover up all my scarring and redness leaving a lovely dewy finish to my dry skin. I love this foundation now and definitely am glad I bought it!