MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7%; Titanium Dioxide 2%, Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polymethylsilesquioxane, Isostearic Acid, C4-24 Alkyl Dimethicone/Divinylmethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Shea Butter, Yeast Extract, Quercus Suber Bark Extract, Phytantriol, Dextrin Palmitate, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Cellulose Gum, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Palmitic Acid, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG -10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecyl PCA, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Stearate, Hexylene Glycol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens.

on 1/15/2014 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

To be honest. I stayed away from this foundation for a while. I thought the colours were a little weird compared to the other Mac foundation. But recently I fell in love with it. Its made for people who have dry skin and want full coverage but I have Oily skin and it gives my skin a nice beautiful Glow. If you guys want to see what it looks like on my skin here's a link to my Youtube tutorial using it.

on 1/13/2014 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
I like the finish, love the packaging, I like the amount you get (40ml), like the natural sheer finish (yet its still medium coverage)

Cons:
It just seems to sit on my face, say after and hour of application I would wipe my finger across my face it would come right off on to my finger tip.
It doesn't entirely cover blemishes.

Its not a bad foundation at all, its just not 'wow' or holy grail material.

on 1/7/2014 7:17:00 PM

I visited my nearest M-A-C store and got advised to use this foundation as it has a satin finish and won't cake up in the dry skin that I suffer with. I have overall been really impressed with this product the pros are: how light it applies and feels, how little you have to use, the coverage(medium to high) and the density whilst it sits on the face. The cons are most definitely the smell it's like a really mild curry smell it isn't pleasant at all and another is the price id expect the packaging to be much more sophisticated and sleek like other mac products but I guess it's what on the inside that counts this is definitely one of my favourite foundations I would recommend

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have really dry, sensitive skin, so one of the MA recommended this foundation for me to use. First, I love the packaging. It has a squeeze tube that allows you to dispense as little, or as much product as you want, and it keeps it sterile at the same time. This tube could last you a long time. It has a really moisturizing, creamy, thick, full coverage formula so you only need the tiniest amount or you will look like you caked it on. It seems like it would be the perfect foundation for dry skin. However, I couldn't wear this foundation for 1 day without getting at least one zit on my face. I even proved it to my sister by showing her my skin before and after I wore it. It also accentuated some of my dry spots, and I thought it looked worse than just wearing powder. I really wanted it to work, because it sounded like it was just what I was looking for, but it didn't cut it for me.

on 1/2/2014 8:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Ummm if you have oily/acne prone skin like I do, I would not suggest this AT ALL! Breaks me out every single time!!! However, if you have normal or dry skin, I bet it works wonderfully..

on 12/30/2013 10:36:00 PM

This foundation runs very orange, its really thick and gloopy and if your not careful quite greasy looking- you just set this with a powder otherwise it slides around and wears off extremely fast. It's a full coverage and you only need a tiny amount for your whole face, I find it oxidises so I would buy a shade lighter than usual. I apply it with a beauty blender, I press it into my skin using a bouncing motion- if I use a brush I get a streaky finish and if I use my fingers I find it sheers out to much. Do not use this if you have oily skin this is for dry skin, its very moisturising. I'm not in general a huge fan of mac to be honest but this is ok.

on 12/30/2013 2:08:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I used this foundation for around a year and honestly I have no idea why I stuck with it that long. It's extremely creamy so while that factor means it provides good coverage, it also means that it feels very thick and greasy on the skin; I was constantly breaking out when wearing this and I have since discovered it contains dimethicone (a big no-no for my skin and for avoiding acne in general). I've since thrown it out and will not be using it in the future.

PROS
- Fairly good coverage
- Long lasting

CONS
- Sits thick on the skin
- Skin looks shiny throughout the day, despite powdering & blotting
- Cheap-looking tube that gets dirtied/smeared with product easily
- For me, causes spots

on 12/19/2013 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

If you have combo skin or even slightly oily skin DO NOT PURCHASE. I am not sure what the MAC gal was thinking when she recommended this to me, but it is the worst foundation and idea I have ever used on my skin. I have combo skin and sometimes dry in the colder months, and this foundation sets really dewy anyway, so it made me look like an oil slick. It is full coverage, and that's about the only great quality it has. On combo skin it does not sink it, it just sits on top of the skin. I usually wear Pro-Longwear or Studio Fix and will stick to those. If you are combo or oily - do not purchase.

on 12/18/2013 2:25:00 PM

I have tried so many MAC foundations and the only one I have ever liked is face and body. This was my latest foundation from MAC. Recommended and picked by a MAC assistant so I thought it would cater to my needs. How wrong I was. This smells like paint and goes on like paint, it leaves streaks on the face and takes much too long to perfect. It was marketed to me as being good for combo skin, but it was much too dry. Prob would be way better for an oil skin. It's very sticky and was much too pale on my skin. MAC has some very pale shades and this was def one of those. Didn't work even on my milky skin! I had applied it one day to my skin and I could not get it to sit right on my face no matter how much I tried so I took it off completely - I would rather be forever without foundation than have to put this on my face again. For the price it just does not measure up.

on 12/16/2013 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I went to a MAC counter to get a foundation that works for my dry skin. I asked what she would recommend for dry skin and she gave me this one. It cost me $30 which isn't really expensive in my area. It really does work well. It's creamy and doesn't stick to my dry patches and leaves a satin finish. Because it's a thicker, creamy texture, a tiny little bit really does go a long way, seriously less than a pea sized amount will work for a nice natural flawless finish with my foundation brush. I think some problems people are having with cakey-ness is they are using too much product. I foresee this lasting me a long time. If you have oily or combination skin, this might not be the best for you. It is very creamy and hydrating so it probably won't work so well if you have oily areas.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Request: My Current Foundation Routine and Blue,Brown and Gold Evening look by Toni3luv