April 21, 2014 | 816 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by hannahbanana13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the foundation, it gives a full-coverage look and you dont need very much although it is more expensive i have had the same one for months ! it works wonderful with the MAC foundation brush and gives a nice look. its is so creamy and mouse like that it does not get every where during application ! i would recommend this ! I used it for my wedding and it looked flawless in my pictures and lasted ALL day, i dont see where people are saying it has only lasted a few hours cause mine lasted the tears, snow, and endless hugs and kisses ! I have had the same bottle since February with still a wile left in the bottle ! I LOVED IT

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by tdawgz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do really like this foundation, the colour is perfect for me (NC15) and the coverage is really good, you can definitley build it up to a full coverage which is what I like. First off I wasn't super impressed with the foundation because I was just using my fingers to apply it which for me doesn't give enough coverage and doesn't apply smooth enough, but then I started using it with my Sigma F80 brush and it's so great! The only thing I hate about this foundation is that it's definitley not 'long lasting' like it claims to be, it rubs off sooo easily, and because of that one negative factor I'm not 100% sure if I will repurchase straight away when I run out, I might try a different full coverage foundation from MAC. But I will definitley come back to this foundation if I can't find anything better, overall it's a really good foundation for me :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Katie19851

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This stuff is god sent. Its a huge tube and has a nice twist cap on it. I have this is NW30 for the summer and it matches perfect! Its thick so a little goes a long way! I use a beauty blender to apply and set with powder. Lasted all day and looked flawless and I work 12 in a ICU. I have not seen what it looks like in flash pics yet tho..that has me a little worried. I believe people are breaking out from this is beacause they are not properly removing it. This is very very thick and has good staying power. I wash my face with my dove soap and face brush and then follow with witch hazel and there is still makeup left behind I have to go over my face a few times till it is all off. If your going to wear this be prepared to make sure every bit it removed at the end of the day!! Otherwise Id buy this over and over again if I can afford it at the time!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by yaiza123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been looking for a full coverage foundation suitable for dry skin for ages. It seemed like an impossible task, but then I heard of studio sculpt. After hearing good reviews and liking other Mac products I gave it ago.
In my opinion this foundation isnt bad, i would have given it 3,5 lippies if possible.
This does definitelly work best for dry skin. It has a gel like consistency which slides on very easy and is also quite easy to blend. It gives a nice glow to the face, the coverage is at least medium and can be build up to full. Didnt have a nasty smell or anything, so I was definitelly pleased.
Sounds wonderfull I know. So what was wrong with it:
Well basically it gives a nice glow to the face and coverage is pretty cool, but it will only last for a couple of hours maybe 4-5. After that you can see the foundation has settled and your skin problems seem to shine through (in my case flakes, dark spots etc). So its definitelly not long lasting. Also made me a bit oily on my nose and i never have oil problems what so ever. Besides this its very very easy to apply too much, if you put too much it looks fake, very unnatural.
Color wise, its pretty decent. I have the color NC 20 which is a yellowy-orange color. This kinda worried me, but after applying it looks very much like my own skincolor.
All and all definitelly decent foundation. The fact that its not long lasting is a dealbreaker though, which mean I wont repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by dtintina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This foundation did not work out for me AT ALL. The SA at mac told me that this would be a good foundation for me because I have combination skin and it would moisturize my dry areas while not clogging pores in my oily areas. She was wrong!! After the first day of wearing it I had little bumps all over my face, even in my dry areas! Not to mention the foundation goes on streaky, and even after blending and blending it was still a bit streaky. I gave this product 2 lippies because it comes in a squeeze tube which is pretty convenient. AVOID this product!! Since using this I bought the studio fix fluid which has worked wonders!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by snoldeee24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to LOVE this product. It was the first MAC foundation I've ever tried. I told the MUA I needed a foundation that would be good for my dry winter skin. I did enjoy how thick this foundation was as well because I was quite used to my Revlon ColorStay which is very runny. I was color matched to NW20 which I thought looked good at first, but I once I got home, it was too dark for my fair skin (in January!) I made it work by not adding bronzer, but it was still a bummer it wasn't a dead on match. I really like the packaging because the squeeze tube makes it quite easy to dispense as much or as little as I want. It stayed on all day which was a plus and didn't make me look cakey. I also liked that I could build it up in troubling spots like on my cheeks while maintaining a rather light coverage on my forehead and other areas where I need less coverage. I think overall this would be a great foundation for the winter if it was the right color. I like that it has SPF. I don't know if I'm going to wear it much in the summer because like almost everyone else, I get oily and it's just so hot. I don't think this would work for people with oily skin to begin with. Mine is normal to dry in the winter and normal to combination in the warmer months. Just be sure to get the right color. What I would do next time is get color matched twice, maybe even by 2 different people then buy it, that way, I know forsure when I'm buying a higher priced foundation. *my closest MAC counter is nearly 45 minutes away and I'm not quite willing to drive that far just to exchange it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by BeautyTherapstLife

When I got this foundation I was very excited there was so many colours to choose from and I bought my colour and also a darker one for when I get spray tans ( regularly!) however after getting home and trying this one it literally felt as if it were burning my eyes when I tried putting the foundation on around there ( not sure if its the smell or what?) I tried with the darker shade one and it was the same...so I avoided my eye area and continued using it..it has really great coverage and the foundation look great on! However after using this for a few days I started breaking out which I never do...
I won't be using this foundation again as it burnt my eyes and made them cry when it was close and made me break out :( (the only product of MAC that I dislike)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by CBNegron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For you girls that like the full coverage look of MAC's Studio Fix Fluid foundation, but are longing for that dewy, radiant glow, you will love this! I just decided to test this out at the counter, not thinking I'd like it, but I LOVED it. It is medium to full, buildable coverage, just like the Studio Fix, but it does not dry to a matte finish. It dries to a satin, skin like finish, but it is very hydrating and moisturizing while still providing amazing coverage. The packaging also comes in a plastic tube which is ideal for daily or travel use. Once you get low, I suppose you could also cut it open to get out every last drop! I have fair neutral/yellowy skin, and I wear the shade NC15. I usually use this with MAC's Strobe Cream (an illuminating moisturizer), and set it only where needed with MAC's Mineralize Skin Finish in the shade Light Plus, to maintain a radiant glow. Applied with a paddle foundation brush, you will get maximum coverage. Applied with a damp Beauty Blender (my preferred method), you will get a medium coverage, airbrushed look. I also wanted to add, this is a great foundation for mature ladies as well!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by yum_yum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this in NC42, but it pulls very warm/yellow on me, and a lot brighter and pigmented than my skin tone (similar to Bobbi Brown Honey concealer, but easier to apply). It was bought for concealing and does a fantastic job. Sometimes thick cream concealers are difficult to work with because they require careful patting or a brush. Since Sculpt is liquid, it applies like a slightly thick foundation. It also sets nicely, which is something that cream concealers don't do - if you're overzealous, they smear.

All in all, easier for spot concealing. I'll wear this with the Mineralize Cream Foundation (NC42) or Face & Body (C4+C5) because a full face of Sculpt is unnecessary, unless I want super-heavy coverage. Both the Mineralize and F&B are better matches for me, in general, because the undertones are more neutral and they look lighter when applied. But I think the brightness/colour of Sculpt makes a difference for concealing. I could use it on my entire face without looking strange, if I focus on the centre of my face and thin it out on the cheeks and jawline.

The finish with light / spot applications of Sculpt is still quite 'full' and opaque. I'm keen on this look at the moment, despite having decent skin, because I go through phases of liking different finishes. It still matches my complexion, so I don't look like I'm doing theatre or anything. This product sets well with Careblend powder, but I also feel it will be fine with my Guerlain Meteorites or Mineralize setting powders. A new HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by cpkgirl1116

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Found this at a Cosmetic Company outlet store for about $20-26. Happy I found a spring/ summertime darker shade NW50 ( i assume this Studio Sculpt shade is discontinued). Studio Sculpt has fuller coverage which hides my imperfections and its kinda thick. I am drawn to the smell of MAC foundations, lol idk why...I usually apply with a foundation brush to my problem areas or may apply with a powder brush for allover application. I've been wearing it most of the week & have a painful zit on my jawline. But not sure if its mother nature wanting to be seen or if its the product. Definite recommend but using it w/primer will be better!