September 2, 2014 | 1837 users online

Mascara - Bare Escentuals - buxom lash

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by aishahh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG mascara. I have been far and wide for a mascara that gives me that doll-eye look- full and thick lashes without clumps! This is IT! Worth the price tag! A couple of coats and I can't even believe those are my lashes- Long, Dark and Thick with no clumpy bits or smearing. Lasts a long time too, and actual handled some tears once. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by scmoonster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although I still love my YSL Faux Cils mascara (truly my HG mascara), I was really pleasantly surprised by the Buxom Lash. I bought it b/c it was much cheaper than my YSL (19 vs 30 USD) and the wand seemed pretty cool.

There truly is no clumps with this as promised, and it does lengthen and define your lashes. I do need a few more coats than with YSL, but I like how each coat defines without making it look gross and clumpy and it maintains a good curl (I have long straight asian lashes). Just follow the quick directions on the box. Don't need to comb my lashes through. Does make my lashes feel slightly stiffer than my YSL, but lashes still look good.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by MelanieNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

What a nice surprise that it works so well because it came in a kit and I didn't think it was going to be anything special but was I wrong (I love when makeup surprises me!). This mascara makes my lashes dark black, thick, long, fluttery, and best of all-NO CLUMPS!
I think the trick to making this mascara work is you need two+ coats:
1. First do your first coat using the wand horizontally on both eyes.
2. Then for the second coat, use the tip of the wand to pull through your lashes and repeat on the other eye, concentrating on the outer lashes for a cat eye effect.
3. Finally, turn the wand back horizontally and do a quick sweep on both eyes.
This may sound like a lot of steps, but it is actually a quick process and pretty full proof for dark long separated lashes with no clumping. When I use this mascara, I don't even have to comb through with an eyelash comb to seperate.

I also love the fact this mascara is very easy to wash off at night, has no fragrance, doesn't irritate my eyes, and doesn't run. I will definitely repurchase when this tube is done!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by sarahc93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this mascara! It is by far the best that I have ever purchased. The price is pretty over the top (~$25 CDN), but it really is worth it. It lasts so long without drying out/clumping that I find I only need to replace it every ten-twelve months.
I have fairly short lashes and it gives me that amazing fake eyelash look. No other product does what this one does. It dries quickly and leaves no gross, black residue under my eyes at the end of the day (I have oily skin so this is quite common). I've tried so many mascaras and I always come back to this one.
Also, it washes off really easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by blythegraves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Favorite mascara! Clump and flake free. Defines, separates, adds a bit of volume, and holds a curl. Lashes are lush and conditioned, not stiff. Very easy to apply (can easily build multiple coats) and dries fairly fast. I love the molded brush. Does not irritate sensitive eyes and contacts.

One con: It smudges a bit after a couple hours. I tend to have oily eyelids, even with a light dusting of finishing powder (Everyday Minerals). I find most mascaras smudge on me unless they're waterproof.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by dlsdls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is good for length and separation. I didn't get any clumping, flaking, or smudging. The results just aren't very dramatic. You get natural, wispy lashes which are definitely very pretty. I just prefer more volume. When I applied 5 coats I got the volume I wanted but I just think it's a waste of time to do more than 2 coats of mascara.

Buxom Lash isn't bad by any means, just not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by alwaysalice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm rather indifferent to this mascara and I most likely won't be buying it again. I like the wand, but not a great fan of the product itself which stays wet for a little while.
I think there's nothing all that exceptional about it and my opinion is that there are better drug store mascaras than this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by jaybird2405

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go to mascara. I don't want to love it as much as I do. I love buying new mascara, and I am always upset that they aren't better than Buxom. When you get a new tube it is VERY wet. You blink, and you have mascara under your eyes. Give it time to dry out a bit, as it ages the more magical is becomes. I HATE spider lashes. That is not a good look... I don't care how long your lashes are if the resemble an arachnids legs. I want it all in a mascara.. Day, night, length, volume... The list goes on and on. Buxom is buildable with out clumping. I have standard issue lashes.. Nothing terrible and nothing spectacular. It doesn't give me a false eyelash look, but it's the closest I have come. My search will continue, but in the mean time my lashes will still look fabulous.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by kap112358

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This came in a set I bought from Sephora (Buxom makes great value kits - they're affordable and most of the time the products are full sized; great if you already love Buxom or want to try the brand). I wasn't really expecting much when I tried it, the packaging was pretty boring and I didn't recall hearing any stellar reviews about it. I have to say, I was impressed. The wand is a little bulky, but I find that it really coats every single one of my lashes! They look so huge! Although it's a little messy to apply (the formula isn't as thick as other mascaras I've tried), once it's dry I have no problems with flaking or smearing. I only wish that they made this waterproof!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by x3rjessikers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample size of this mascara and I've used it long enough to decide I don't really like this product. The brush is long and very hard to work with without getting any mascara on my lids. I used it by itself and in a few hours the mascara ended up smudging to my lower eyelid. Panda bear city! I do have oily eyelids so that might contribute to that. I do like how the mascara makes my eyelashes look though. It defines them nicely but there is not much volume or lengthening. I use this mascara paired with Tarte's lights, camera, lashes and the combination of the two makes my lashes gorgeous. I won't be purchasing the full size seeing how I really can't just wear it by itself.