Buxom Lash

on 1/3/2013 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

My favorite mascara so far! I have very short, stick straight, asian eyelashes that are very stubborn. I personally like my lashes to look very curled and that was what I asked when I went to Sephora and this was recommended to me, and I love it! It lengthens, curls, separates with NO CLUMPS! It looks very natural, so if you are looking for a ton of volume then this is not for you. It does not dry and crack and irritate my eye throughout the day either.

However, I took off on lippie because I do get a little smudge in the bottom corner of my eye after a couple hours when I wear it to my bottom lashes. I am going to try a mascara primer though because I have had this issue with every mascara I have tried and think it may just be my lashes. Also, the product builds up at top of the wand and so it can smudge on the outside of your eye if you are not careful. Actually now that I think about it, a lot of product is on the wand in general so it can get a bit messy! But that can easily be prevented.

Overall, I am happy with this mascara! If you are looking for more of a natural look (length, separation and curl, not so much volume) then this is for you!

on 12/14/2012 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I absolutely love this mascara. Doesn't clump, separates and lengthens my lashes extremely well. I've only ever used it in the black, but I am never disappointed. Provides great coverage on my short, blonde lashes. I much prefer it to any other mascara I have purchased in the past, including from Lancome, Dior & MAC. I do not find that it smudges easily. The tube lasts a long time, too. It doesn't get dry or clumpy over time. Very good quality.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Both the black and the blue noir Buxom mascaras deliver thick, intensely colored lashes. However, there's quite a difference in quality between the two colors. The black mascara is wonderful: no clumps, applies smoothly, great color, and wears well even without primer. The blue noir is actually brighter than navy but not cartoon-like, so it accents my brown eyes very nicely. However, no matter how careful I am, the smudges without fail every time: to compound the problem, the smudges are electric blue, not a subtler navy or darker color. Also, the formula of the blue noir also doesn't seem to thicken as well as the black does.

The rating is a 4 because I'm averaging the two: the black deserves the 5 and then some, but the blue noir only rates a 3 because of its inferior quality. That is something that BE should look into.

on 11/25/2012 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I got this in some Sephora promo or other and I really like the brush as there is virtually no clumping w/this product. No flaking either, decent volume and some lengthening. It's nice and black; However...the smudging is out of control. Yes, I wipe the brush first and yes even with a tubing mascara over it it still smudges. Too bad b/c otherwise I might repurchase.

on 11/22/2012 7:09:00 PM

I got to use this in a Sephora Lash Stash kit and I'm glad I did but I still keep using a fiber mascara (Fiberwig LX) over it for that added oomph. Yes this lifts,separates, and holds a curl very well. I also like how it doesn't flake and it makes my lashes soft. I like the wand as well. I have pretty decent eye lashes but I like mascara a lot lol so I do put the d.j.v. beautenizer over it because it gives so much yet, it's just not enough on it's own for me.

As an everyday mascara I would use this without a doubt. I really like the formula and so far am really loving it compared to other brands I have tried. I would buy this again because let's face it...it's a darn good product and I'm a mascara junkie. So to me it's never enough lol.

Really though it's excellent and I would repurchase it because it does so much. With a lash primer it's pretty awesome I do recommend a primer for anyone unless you have to be subdued at work but if you can go all out use the primer with it because your lashes will look so good with this mascara. Heck they will look good with or without primer it's a undeniably great product.

on 11/20/2012 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

i have long thin lashes and this mascara paired with a primer is the BEST!!! Its dark, buildable and keeps my lashes separate so they dont clump into a sticky mess - ive probably tried 20 other equally expensive and promising mascaras..and this is by far the best!!

on 11/12/2012 11:26:00 PM

I love this mascara! I had never heard of Buxom before going to Sephora but I liked the look of the brush and at the urging of my mom who was shopping with me, I splurged and bought it. Like I said, I like the chunky brush and feel like it applies easily. I also love how it's darn near impossible to clump this mascara. My Revlon Grow Luscious mascara yields a similar look but at the expense of easily clumped lashes. Buxom's formula goes on smoothly and you can get by with a single coat but can just as easily layer the coats for an even more dramatic look. My naturally thin, short lashes look volumized, defined, and lengthened! So this is what it's like to have a high end mascara! Also, not sure if there's a waterproof formula but this stuff washes off very easily. If I forget to wash it off at night, it'll be mostly gone by morning...yet it lasts all day at work!

on 11/7/2012 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This was a very natural looking mascara. I would rate it a 3.5 if I could.
It has a plastic wand that separated and defined my lashes. There was absolutely NO CLUMPS! It was easy to apply and to coat every lash.
My problem with this is that it didn't do much for my thin eyelashes. I would apply about 1 coat to each eye and usually that is all it takes for my other mascaras to add drama and definition to my lashes, but with this, not so much.
The formula was light, clean, and the packaging is amazing. It cleans the mascara wand of excess product!
Good product for defining and a natural look, would work better if it was paired with a volumizing mascara. Not worth the price and would not repurchase. Not the right mascara for me but it was pretty good!

on 10/22/2012 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is my favorite mascara; completely coats the lashes in one coat and separates really well. Only thing I don't like is that I get the dreaded mascara "shadow" under my eyebrows from where my eyelashes hit. I have only noticed this with the last two tubes I have purchased though, so maybe they changed the formula recently...not sure.

on 10/17/2012 12:40:00 AM

I've been looking FORVEVER for a go-to mascara from a company that is cruelty-free and most recently tried Buxom. The formula of this mascara is fairly thin, but is ok to build on. It doesn't do amazing things for my lashes, which are pretty thick and moderately long (but really light and straight), so the name is misleading. The brush is really big, so I end up getting mascara all over my top lid. It held up to 8 hours of wear ok, but anything beyond that it started to smudge and then flake. It's also pretty expensive. *sigh* The search continues.