April 20, 2014 | 909 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Dream Liquid Mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by tracietrannie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Product is really nice. It's creamy and soft. Very pleasant application. Color tone is nice and staying power is alright (I would strongly suggest using this with a matte face power for maximum staying power--I suggest Maybelline dream matte). It gives a soft, almost dewy look.

There's a pump (which is really nice) and it's made of glass (so you don't have to be afraid of breaking it). However, one of my bottles' (I have bought several) pump broke, so it was a huge hassle to transfer it over. However, that was probably because of me because that bottle was used for traveling.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

This is my favourite lower-end/drugstore foundation. I'll start by saying that I have a fair bit of cystic acne scarring that consists of red dots along my cheeks which are slowly fading. I don't have any active pimples now though. Due to my scarring I usually use Estee Lauder Double Wear which is very thick and heavy and conceals them. However, due to the ongoing expensive of that foundation and wanting to give my skin a break on days I don't require so much coverage, I ventured over to Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse. It was great that I could easily locate this in the stores. It's pretty much everywhere in Australia. K-mart, Coles, Wooloworths, Priceline, etc for around $20. I struggled to find the lightest shade, so I settled with Light 2 Classic Ivory.

Upon application I was freaked out by how orange and dark it looked against my NW10 pale skin, but I continued anyway and made sure to blend it down the neck. I used a stippling brush for this. The coverage is definitely nothing like my heavy duty Double Wear, and is more of a light to moderate coverage, but that's what I wanted. I could still see my acne scars upon close inspection, but nothing a bit of concealer couldn't hide. After adding a little bit of my MAC studio fix powder to my nose and forehead areas, I was really pleased! My face looked soft, dewy and airbrushed. It looks really natural while it covers redness and slight imperfections perfectly. The only gripe I have with this is the smell - to me it smells a bit dusty but that goes away after a few hours so it's not too much of a hassle. For the price, this is an excellent foundation and I will definitely be repurchasing it in the future!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by vanessamwong

No coverage, no staying power either! Shade showed up matching as a swatch but turned me orange after a few hours! So embarrassing. Never again! The only good thing about this is the packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2013 6:16:00 AM More reviews by lozzalozloz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Coverage was good and packaging was great to use.
Colour didn't match at all, made me look orange and patchy. Oxidizes extremely quickly (I know it's for normal skin, and I have oily, so fair enough), I also found that I needed to use a lot of product to achieve my ideal coverage, but it was a great coverage once I used a lot of the product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2013 4:09:00 AM More reviews by WatermelonYay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Terrible foundation. Oh my word, it barely lasts at all. Terrible coverage and application is terrible. I've tried to apply with my fingers & brushes but the pay off is actually quite gross. Not a decent range of colours at all. There is nothing at all good about this foundation. Hate hate hate! It's not worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by AidaE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Out of all the drugstore foundations I have used over the years, this one is my absolute favorite. The texture isn't too thick or runny. It almost reminds of mixing foundation with aloe vera gel by its consistency. The application on the skin really glides on and I don't have a problem with blending or streaking. It's a light to medium coverage that is only slightly buildable and it gives a really dewy finish. I have really dry sensitive skin and this product works well with my skin type. However those with oily skin might not appreciate the dewiness factor like I do. For oily skin the makeup might slide right off. I like the pump packaging that you can twist to prevent any excess product from coming out, which is great for travel. It's also hygienic. The cost is between $6-8 which is a good buy and it'll last while. All I needed was a pump to a pump and half for application.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by LittleNettle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I often buy this and the mouse version that comes in the tub. I tend to find this one can be a bit oily and the other one can make my skin a little dry so I flick between the two.

This has a fantastic coverage and fits my very pale skin nicely, for some reason its not as light as the mouse but it still doesn't leave me looking orange or anything nasty.

I will continue to buy this product as its the only one if found that is a good price and matches my almost white skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by MiaFox

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really loved the way my skin looked and felt, but it was way too orange. I wish they would make a few shades with yellow undertones because my face really did look airbrushed. I tried the Nude shade and returned it. I was going to try a lighter shade but I've read complaints about them being too orange also. So until they make changes, I'll search elsewhere for my go-to foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Mford11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is a great everyday product! It is medium coverage, perfect for everyday use, and it is super lightweight. I love the bottle because it has a pump and you can control how much comes out. Plus, its also more sanitary. The coverage is just enough to hide mild acne and just leaves a flawless, matte, airbrushed finish to your skin. It also has many shades to choose from!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by LalaLucia23

Coverage is medium, i mix it with a moisturizer then apply it. Pump works great and overall i like this product.