September 1, 2014 | 1214 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte lipstick in Mauve It Over

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 4:11:00 AM More reviews by sthomas1

I didn't really wear lipstick on a day-to-day basis before I bought this. Classic MLBB shade on me, just a bit darker than my lip colour (definitely not mauve, as the name might suggest). Love that it's matte but very comfortable and not drying. Have already had to repurchase this, though the first tube lasted me about a year. Very reasonable price point too. Definitely recommend if the colour suits you - and I think it's a very wearable colour, a muted dusky rose-pink.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by gchiu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this matte lipstick. It glides on well and wears pretty good, too. And it's not tacky feeling and I like that it doesn't all transfer to my coffee mug. Compared to my Lancome Color Design matte lipstick, this is not bad. It has good pigmentation - covers some blotchiness that I have.
I like the color, and it really is a 'nude' color for me. It seems to match my natural color so well, you wouldn't know I was wearing lipstick. I'm not sure "Mauve" is a good name for it, but it doesn't matter. The color is a muted Indian Red.
There's just one small detail about this lipstick that I can't quite pinpoint... my lips don't look kissable, like they are dirty?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 3:41:00 AM More reviews by lynowens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a nude lippy and i heard raves on revlon's matte lippy - nude attitude. it is however, too light for me and next in line was Mauve it Over.

It's more of a MLBB lip color, of which it is still noticeable that you are having something on. I think this color is really nice for spring/summer! Also, this lippy completes my classic eyeliner looks really well. It's subtle enough for school, lasts the whole day - making it very hassle free. I like!

TIP:
If you think the color is too rich for you, try dabbing it on your lips and then use your fingers to smudge and "move" the color.

If you think it's too dry for you, moisturise your lips with a balm a few minutes before applying this lippy on!

If it accentuates the dry skin on your lips, do a lip scrub, apply your lip balm and then this lippy!

i love this lipstick!! (: And will defo be repurchasing this color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This one pulled very MLBB meets brown nude on me... love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I brought this awhile ago. It's my first matte lipstick. This shade is a tad darker to what my lips are, but it looks nice as a day-time shade. The formula is what I didn't quite like. They were very drying on me so I wore a lip-balm underneath because if I didn't they will move into the crevices of my lip and just doesn't look good. I usually wear a gloss over this to 'blend' it in more. If they somehow changed the formula of this to make it a bit more moisturizing I would buy this again. Very pretty shade though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately, this color wasn't a great MLBB, soft mauvey pink on me. It looked very dirty and dry, and frankly made me look sick. I suppose the color didn't work with my skintone, which is very pale and yellow-leaning neutral. The formula is nice. Revlon's mattes are very dry, but they last FOREVER. I can get 4-5 wear out of them easily. Other shades in the range are much better, IMHO. Packaging is very nice. I will purchase other colors in the range, but I will not repurchase Mauve it Over.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by poisonpill98

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my new nude lipstick. Seriously, does "beige" as a nude lipstick color work on anybody w/o looking like what it is...a "beige" lipstick? That, and does the color "beige" NOT look washed out on anybody's lips?

Healthy lips should naturally have a pinkish hue to them, right? So a "nude" lipstick shouldn't be "beige", it should be "pinkish"...your own lip color, just more pronounced and evened out.

This is where Mauve It Over come in. I know it's called "mauve", so people are automatically thinking muted, light purplish, cool tone. Well, that's not what this is...at least on me it's not. It's more of a muted, pinkish tone that kinda mimics one's own lipcolor. Exactly what a "nude" lipstick should do!

Texture - wise: I know some people may think that matte automatically equals drying. But this particular line of Revlon's matte lipsticks aren't like that. (I have them in Mauve It Over, Really Red, and Cocoa Craving.) They don't make my lips feel dried out, but they do have that "matte" finish in that they tend to absorb light rather than reflecting it...thus giving the impression of "matteness". For somebody with naturally extremely pouty lips (think Angelina Jolie's lips), it's a God - sent. I don't need to make my lips glossier, I need to tone them down. And this product delivers.

Lasting Power: awesome. I put it on and it lasts almost all day on me...WITHOUT budging. That means no stains on teeth, no smears around my lips. I rarely ever have to re-apply nor do I need to clean up my lipline. AND when I get ready to take it off, it all comes off without leaving a stain on my lips. So my lips are like a blank canvas again for me to use whatever product I feel like.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by 1017

I am NW20 with rosey brown lips. This didn't look bad, but it did't look great. They say "mauve", but I it comes off soooo brown on me. It was a darker version of MLBB. As for a Revlon MLBB, on me, I much prefer Blush. I think this might sit better on more yellow toned people. It did remind me a bit of Bare Slimshine which looked a bit off on me. One reviewer described this color as very brown toned with a hint of pink and that hit it on the head for me. And explains why this always pull so brown on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by CocoChaneljeanelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a really pretty color. this is the first lipstick from revlon and love it. at first i didnt like it because it washed me out alot but that was because i used to much. if i just dab it on it leaves a really pretty rosy like nude color on me and i like it. i think it's perfect for a natural look or if you have a smokey eye going on. as far as it being moisturizing not really but it's not that bad but some lip balm before wouldnt hurt. really recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 11:10:00 AM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great lipstick and is a staple for me. You can apply it easily without a mirror and not have to worry. Being that it's a matte, it is a little dry but nothing that a thin coat of lip balm can't fix. I don't find it to have tons of staying power but I'm really hard on lipstick anyway. I snack and drink coffee/tea constantly and I'm a lip chewer and licker. I like pairing this with a really bold eye shadow and dramatic eye lashes. The Revlon lipsticks tend to have trouble with the cap coming off easily so I gave the packaging only a 3. But I do love the clear window in the top of the tube so you can easily see what the color is! That's a great feature. This color is in no way "mauve" to me but is more of a pinky nude brown color. I think of mauve as being more rosy. This is very warm toned and soft - sort of peachy in a way. It looks best in the morning after a fresh foundation application. The more you apply through the day, the worse it looks unless I touch up the foundation around my lips. Yes I will repurchase this!