L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Glycereth 26, Decyl Glucoside, Parfum/Fragrance, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium 7, Polyquaternium 10, Methylparaben, PEG 55 Propylene Glycol Oceate, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, C11 15 Pareth 7, Benzophenone 3, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Glycerin, Trideceth 12, Laureth 9, Linalool, Tocopherol, Limonene, C12 13 Pareth 23, C12 13 Pareth 3, Benzyl Alcohol, Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Rosmarinus Officinalis Oil (Rosemary), Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid 7/18/09

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

I think the EverPure line is great for the financially challenged color-conscious. Pretty much any "sulfate-free" shampoo is going to make your color last longer than even the regular so-called "color-safe" shampoos out there, so this really is worth checking out if you're concerned about your color fading or you want to save $ on your expensive shampoo. That said, no hair color's permanent, and you will still suffer some of the same draw backs that you can get with some of the other sulfate-free shampoos: it's difficult to work up a lather (i consider this a plus, but most people don't), and you can't expect to feel "squeaky" clean after you use this. I will admit, I occasionally alternate with a reg color safe shampoo to take care of any build-up, but I tend to do this with any shampoo, as it takes care of flakes. I used to use Pureology--which is pretty expensive compared to this stuff--but I see the same exact results, so even though I don't particularly favor the smell of EverPure I figure it's worth it because it's only $6 (and of course, I use a different conditioner).

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have over processed dyed blue & black hair that is straight and very frizzy.
While using this I notice the color doesn't fade as fast as it would if I used a normal shampoo, or even a few that I tried that were for colored hair. I didn't feel the 'normal squeaky' clean that I usually do, which is a good thing because it means that my hair is moisturized instead of stripped. It made my hair tame and un-frizzy, which is amazing. It smells pretty medicinal so I didn't buy the matching conditioner. Overall I think it is a pretty good shampoo.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think shampoo is one of the most "your-mileage-may-vary" items, as everyone has different hair texture, hair issues, oil production, etc. For me however, this shampoo fits the bill quite nicely. I have thick, curly, dyed (red) hair that is definitely on the dry side. This shampoo does it's best to moisturize my hair and, when used in conjunction with the conditioner (and the mask, which I use once a week or so), does this job pretty well. It has replaced my Pureology hyrdating shampoo, and I've noticed no real difference (other than the 20 dollar price decrease) between the L'Oreal and the Pureology. I don't get any residue and it doesn't weigh down my hair, but again, I have thick hair so someone with thinner hair might have a different experience. The EverPure Moisture shampoo, conditioner, and mask are my haircare staples and I've repurchased multiple times. I love budget-friendly HG's!!

Big thumbs down for me! Planning to return this produt. Compared to shampoos like Dove Moisturizing Shampoo, this one really made my hair look not good at all. I bought it in anticipation that I'd soon be coloring my hair with a semi-permanent haircolor, and this was hyped to be a sulfate-free color care system product that won't strip haircolor. So I tried it before coloring my hair. I'm assuming you don't have to have color-treated hair for it to work well. At any rate, natural ingredients or not, I discovered that it DIDN'T (work well at all).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I dye my hair red which is, as many know, the hardest color to keep bright and rich. So I bought this to try to salvage the most of my dye jobs and while it may be good at keeping color, I feel like it doesn't do a good job of actually cleaning my hair. My hair still felt heavy and a little greasy afterward.
The nice part about it is that it lathers amazingly and smells great, and when i wash my hair frequently when i wear it curly it would work pretty well, but when i want my hair nice and clean for blow outs, I definately wouldn't use this. Its okay to have and I'll probably use it up but I will not be re purchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Smelled bad and dried out my hair. I hate that I wasted any money on this. Ugh.

This is just as good if not better than the other sulfate-free 'poos I've tried. It's better in that it doesn't leave my hair feeling dry and snarly the way Cloud 9 and a couple others did. But that may not be saying much. My bottom line: Sulfate free just doesn't clean my scalp well enough, though it would probably be fine if I were willing to shampoo everyday. I am not, mostly because I also heat style and doing that everyday is just too time-consuming, impractical and potentially damaging. I shampoo on gym days, generally 4 times a week. This was my experience over a week, using this and the matching conditioner: First wash, just great. Amazing, in fact. Hair is light and swingy with lots of volume and the velvety texture I love. Second wash, not as much volume at the roots but the rest of the hair looks and feels good. Third wash, I'm starting to feel a buildup on my scalp that washing doesn't remove, and my hair flops right after blow drying. Fourth wash, shampooing twice this time, my scalp is itchy and my hair is totally flat to it. I went back to a sulfate shampoo for a week, then, in the spirit of experimentation, went back to this and had the same experience. I use very light styling products in minimal amounts and they have never tended to build up on my hair. The problem here is with my scalp, and even with two shampooings, this doesn't clean it well enough to be my primary shampoo. I will keep it in my rotation, perhaps using it every other shampoo, because I do think it helps protect my single-process reddish brown color.

I have tried the shampoo and conditioner from this line and I must say that it's pretty good! It's sulphate free which is great as I am trying to use less of products with sulphates on the hair because it is so drying. Would buy again.

It kinda changed the shade of my hair the first time I used it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

So I bought this shampoo and conditioner about a month ago and really liked it! Cute packaging, smelled good. A week or 2 into it my scalp became very itchy, but figured it was prob the cold weather. Then the tops of my ears became irritated, extremely itching and would turn flaming red! At first I couldn't figure out what the issue was and once I stopped using these products, went away completely. This has never happened to me before. I was disappointed, I like Loreal products and was excited they had a cheap sulfate free s/c, well the search continues...