August 21, 2014 | 1629 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by CeciliaLark

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've got one word for this polish: WOW.

I'm NC10-15, and this is positively the best "natural" nail shade I have ever used (and I'm a polish hoor! LOL). I wish I had bought this polish sooner! It would've saved me a lot of money.
I've tried Ballet Slippers and Vanity Fair and Limoscene and Sugar Daddy...the list goes on (and this is just Essie polishes in the sheer pink/natural category). This applies the best, is self-leveling and after 3 coats I get the opaqueness I crave. It tops well with every topcoat I've tried--no shrinkage.
My mother, who hates polish on, even loves this. I had to buy her her own bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 9:24:00 AM More reviews by majgu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't look further if you want natural, shiny looking nails. Perfection.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by chillychili

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a perfect "your nails but better" polish. It's natural and pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by mcpatty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i haven't worn this in awhile, so i applied some lst night- it looks so nice, perfect for everyday. it gives my nails a nice, natural, finished look. definitely a staple!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by mar559

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really enjoy wearing this when I have to go to court or need to look professional. I think it makes my nails look super clean and sophisticated. I usually prefer fun, trendy colors but this is a classic that everyone must have. For the longest time I didn't want to get it because it looked so plain - but it works! I use 3 coats and Essie's Top Coat. This did not chip at all (I had it on for 4 days before I got bored and changed colors). Get it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 5:22:00 AM More reviews by gbstang11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went to Bed Bath and Beyond in search of the popular "Ballet Slippers" because I needed a neutral color for an upcoming interview. It was sold out of course, so I browsed the other neutral light pink shades. My boyfriend actually helped me choose this out of 3 others I was considering! I love this color! I usually wear more vivid colors but this one is just growing on me! I've gotten quite a few compliments on it. It goes with everything and makes a great clean, polished look. I put on 3 coats and then a top coat of Orly Sec N Dry and it lasted all week with no chips! The only reason I had to take it off was to repaint my fast growing nails! Will definitely buy again if I ever run out!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2011 9:14:00 AM More reviews by StakeEdward

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wish I had the same experience with this polish that the other reviewers have had. It's a pretty color, though I need 3 coats for it to show up (2 coats and it still looks like clear polish to me). No big deal, though, since I don't have to worry too much about the manicure being perfect since this is a sheer, light color. However, as much as I like how it looks, this polish chips ridiculously easily. It has a rubbery (jelly?) consistency, and even after trying 2 different base coats and applying Seche Vite on top, it chips for me after less than a day of wearing it. This is very frustrating. Also, it will peel off in large chunks. I would not repurchase, and this is probably the last time I'll wear the polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by bridgettef2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Makes your nails look milky. You can see your tips through but not that much if you use 3-4 coats. Perfect for manicures if you add white for tips. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This color is a classic. I used to wear it all the time when I was into pinks, especially the pastel shades.

It does streak a bit, so I always used 3 coats for smoothest coverage - I like my manicures to be opaque & Essie tends to be sheer. Essie makes a nice selection of light pinks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 1:34:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

I agree with other reviewers on this shade. Makes my nails look natural in a pretty way, doesn't streak, only need 2 coats.