January 28, 2015 | 963 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by LaGardenia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was really pleasantly surprised by this drug store polish!

Pros:
* A beautiful shade of delicate seashell or lingerie pink that appears "natural" on my nails but "enhanced" just enough to be noticeably pretty. It gives an effect similar to a French manicure/pedicure without all of the work.

* Paints on more smoothly and beautifully than any other drug store polish I've tried. Even someone as uncoordinated as me can turn out a lovely result.

* My nails, especially my toes, tend to chip immediately. This polish has lasted weeks even on my feet without any chips!

Cons:

* This is a very sheer light polish, which makes seeing the lovely intense color in the bottle compared with my more subtlely polished nails somewhat disappointing. I think the polish is still exceptionally pretty despite needing multiple coats to get more color, but that might piss some bold color-loving people off.

* This stuff is pricey!

Cons

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by yuigi

Amazing nail colour!! I was so suprised at how well it looked on my nails. My nail technician suggested this colour to me because the nail grow outs and polish chipping wouldn't be that obvious. I was skeptical at first, but during my 2 week vacation, her words rang true. I barely noticed the chips and grow outs. An amazing colour~

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by CeciliaLark

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've got one word for this polish: WOW.

I'm NC10-15, and this is positively the best "natural" nail shade I have ever used (and I'm a polish hoor! LOL). I wish I had bought this polish sooner! It would've saved me a lot of money.
I've tried Ballet Slippers and Vanity Fair and Limoscene and Sugar Daddy...the list goes on (and this is just Essie polishes in the sheer pink/natural category). This applies the best, is self-leveling and after 3 coats I get the opaqueness I crave. It tops well with every topcoat I've tried--no shrinkage.
My mother, who hates polish on, even loves this. I had to buy her her own bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 9:24:00 AM More reviews by majgu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't look further if you want natural, shiny looking nails. Perfection.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by chillychili

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a perfect "your nails but better" polish. It's natural and pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by mcpatty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i haven't worn this in awhile, so i applied some lst night- it looks so nice, perfect for everyday. it gives my nails a nice, natural, finished look. definitely a staple!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by mar559

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really enjoy wearing this when I have to go to court or need to look professional. I think it makes my nails look super clean and sophisticated. I usually prefer fun, trendy colors but this is a classic that everyone must have. For the longest time I didn't want to get it because it looked so plain - but it works! I use 3 coats and Essie's Top Coat. This did not chip at all (I had it on for 4 days before I got bored and changed colors). Get it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 5:22:00 AM More reviews by gbstang11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went to Bed Bath and Beyond in search of the popular "Ballet Slippers" because I needed a neutral color for an upcoming interview. It was sold out of course, so I browsed the other neutral light pink shades. My boyfriend actually helped me choose this out of 3 others I was considering! I love this color! I usually wear more vivid colors but this one is just growing on me! I've gotten quite a few compliments on it. It goes with everything and makes a great clean, polished look. I put on 3 coats and then a top coat of Orly Sec N Dry and it lasted all week with no chips! The only reason I had to take it off was to repaint my fast growing nails! Will definitely buy again if I ever run out!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2011 9:14:00 AM More reviews by StakeEdward

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wish I had the same experience with this polish that the other reviewers have had. It's a pretty color, though I need 3 coats for it to show up (2 coats and it still looks like clear polish to me). No big deal, though, since I don't have to worry too much about the manicure being perfect since this is a sheer, light color. However, as much as I like how it looks, this polish chips ridiculously easily. It has a rubbery (jelly?) consistency, and even after trying 2 different base coats and applying Seche Vite on top, it chips for me after less than a day of wearing it. This is very frustrating. Also, it will peel off in large chunks. I would not repurchase, and this is probably the last time I'll wear the polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by bridgettef2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Makes your nails look milky. You can see your tips through but not that much if you use 3-4 coats. Perfect for manicures if you add white for tips. Love it!