January 29, 2015 | 1018 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by buggarod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am very pleased with this product. I use it dry with powder puff and brush. It is lightweight like it says. Does NOT settle in lines. It is very similar to Mac's studio fix in terms of coverage, but Lancome beats studio fix in terms of lightweight feeling, does not cake when used dry. I have extremely sensitive skin; I cannot put anything on my face without breaking out, I have done many trial and error to find products that work with my skin. I have not broken out with this product. Right now it is 100 degrees and muggy. This product controls shine real well and I have oily skin. Many people have commented on the scent, I find it pleasant and do not smell it when its on my face. My husband likes the scent and often snuggles me just to get a whiff of my face. I tried this product with a wet sponge as directed, it does give more coverage, but the color also goes on darker. I suggest trying this product wet at the counter because you may have to purchase a lighter color if you plan on using it wet all the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by kramer

Am close to 60 years old and have never, ever, let the house without wearing moisturiver, foundation, blush, etc. (I'm in the public eye). SA at Nordstrom pursuaded me to try this powder and I am absolutely astounded at the wonderful dewy finish it imparts to my face! Imperfections disappeared, skintone evened out, pores disappeared, too! I'm in Southern Carlifornia by the beach and even with high humidity, the powder does not cake nor disappear after a 10-hour workday. I look as fresh and pulled together at 6 PM as I ndid at 5 AM - what an incredible product! Goodbye pricey foundations - Lancome, where have you been all my life?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by furnando

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this powder foundation, I don't know what it has but it simply makes you look glowing and flawless! This stuff really does not cake whatsoever, nor does it look powdery. The scent is a bit strong, but it fades once applied. I like this better than my Studio Fix Powder, because it doesn't feel heavy or make me breakout. The finish to this is really what I love, its gorgeous, I'm not sure about coverage, I'd say sheer to slightly medium, if built up. I heard it can also be wet to become a fuller coverage foundation, so its very versatile.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder foundation. I used this years ago, but found it so pricey that I stopped. I now realize how much product you get for the price, so I have switched back to it. I dust this on in the morning with a powder brush and it stays all day. It evens out my skintone, covers redness, and doesn't look cakey/dry, which is everything I want in a powder foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 9:23:00 AM More reviews by AnnaBond

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had been using this powder for 3 years....love love love:) Highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Blondie4445

I had been using MAC studio fix for years. I always notice in pictures or sometimes after work my face just looked blah... so I mentioned it to the MAC SA and she told me that Studio Fix has something in it that will make my face look white in photos and that might be why it look white or washed out in photos. She said I should try the mineral powder, so I did. I was not happy with the mineral powder. So I went to try Lancome's Dual Finish and I am so glad I did. This powder is awesome! I wear it over my Laura Mercier liquid foundation as a setting powder and my makeup looks great all day. I had to go stand outside at a baseball game last week when it was 98 degrees outside and I was sweating but my makeup still looked good after the game, I just touched up a little with my powder and I was good to go. I would recommend this powder to anyone who is looking for a nice powder that looks good no matter what! It is pricey but it lasts for a long time and it also has a light smell to it, it's not bad though and you cannot smell it once it is on your face.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by makeupmonster88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is AMAZING. I had been using liquid foundations, but this gives me perfect, long-lasting coverage! It can be used wet or dry, I usually use it dry. I combine this product with Smashbox Photo Finish Primer & Benefit coverup and I get a flawless look. I would DEFINITELY buy this again, but I won't have too for awhile because this product lasts for a REALLY long time and trust me, I use a lot. The only downside is that the packaging can get a little messy, and by the end of school I have to re-apply.
I would totally recommend this. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by EmeraldEllie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the first foundation I ever got because my mom had a partially-used one that was the wrong shade for her. So for the sentimental reasoning alone I don't think I'll ever stop using it =P

Anyways, now I use it as a setting powder with liquid foundation underneath. It works really well for that purpose; it makes my foundation smooth and last for a long time. I live in California so it tends to get really hot during the summer sometimes, and it never melts off and looks disgusting like some other powders. Sometimes on really hot days it won't be so awesome at controlling oil and I'll have to use blotting paper, but I'd have to do that with pretty much any powder.

The only downside for me is the cost. But one container usually lasts me a really long time, so it's worth it to shell out the money every once in awhile.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by wonderdreamz

So as everyone is complaining about the scent, it doesn't bug me that much but everyone is different. I have to admit this powder foundation is quite strange because it doesn't control oil well but it can give coverage (if that makes any sense)

The coverage of this foundation is medium, if you try to build it up it will look too cakey. Honestly, i like this when i want to have a light face on or taking pictures because it has no spf. This is so far my favorite powder foundation FOR NOW.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by layzeex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*****UPDATED REVIEW****

I like this powder. It covers up my imperfections (cheek redness, blemishes, chin from old acne spots) perfectly without being powdery. This is coming from someone who has DRY skin. I've never tried it wet because I've found that the coverage I get from being used dry is just fine. The trick is that you've got to apply it with a sponge. I would usually *never* recommend that (I always use my brushes for everything), since sponges could get dirty really quick, but that's the only way I've found that gives me great coverage. Just remember to replace it often.

So, to sum it up, here's all the pro's and con's with this foundation:

1) Great coverage. Can be super sheer (with a fluffy brush) and built up to medium/full with a sponge. I like the sheerness because I could use this as a setting powder for other skintones as well.

2) Not powdery at all. I have dry skin and this doesn't suck all the moisture out of my skin or make it excessively dry. Even when I've built the coverage up it never looks cakey. The results are always natural upon application.

3) Great color selection. I was lucky enough to get a perfect color match with the SA, however my little sister wasn't as lucky. I'm Matte Pearl I (I have fair skin, usually I'm neutral but in this brand I'm under warm and this is the 2nd lightest of the warm tones) and my sister is at least like... 4-5 shades darker than me. The SA matched her to Matte Porcelaine Délicate I, which is even LIGHTER than me. Ridiculous! When I made a comment that maybe we should go a little darker, she just snapped back saying that she's been a MUA for 16 years. No joke- there's a picture of us in my profile, my older sis is on the left, I'm in the middle, and she's on the right. I don't understand how someone can be so off! Pffft. Okay, end rant, lol.

Now on to the bad...

1) Scent. I'm usually not sensitive to smells but I found this to be overly perfume-y. When I initially smelled it, I thought it was just fine. What bothered me was how long it lingered around for... It started to get nauseating. When my little sister smelled it she said, "It smells just like grandma!". At the time I didn't smell the powder yet, I just remembered back to the reviews and I said, "Oh, it's an old-lady smell?". She said, "No. Grandma just uses a lot of Lancome." Lol! I have to agree with her that I don't think it smells ''old lady'' at all, it's just floral-y. It does remind me of my grandma though, just because she's always buying a lot of Lancome. :) I know there's a fragrance-free version but it doesn't carry all of the shades, and unfortunately, it didn't carry mines.

2) It doesn't hold up well to oil. My skin isn't oily, but when I'm out in the heat I see this starting to cake up and looking obvious on my skin. :

Overall, it's a good powder and I think it's worth to at least try out. I took off 1 star because of the scent & for the lack of shades in it's fragrance-free version. I took another star off because of it's lack of oil control. This is the powder I'll be using for cooler months - but for the summer I'll be needing something else.