July 31, 2014 | 988 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Diorissimo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2005 4:06:00 PM More reviews by SummerSailing

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually finished a 1.7 oz. bottle of Diorissimo back a few years ago. I had originally purchased it because I'd heard it was one of Princess Diana's favorite scents. I repurchased it a few months ago and I absolutely hated it! It smelled like bug spray to me. I tried and tried to wear it because I do like lily-of-the-valley, but there was just something "off" in this one. Maybe my chemistry has changed, but I will definitely not be wearing this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2005 11:02:00 AM More reviews by mimosa05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Something about lily of the valley fragrances turns to mothballs on me. No, I take that back, not just mothballs; mothballs and plastic. Had to swap this one right away and of course it was easy because a lot of people love this! My crazy chemistry....

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2005 10:13:00 AM More reviews by elusivelotus

Pretty boring scent. First thing that came to mind when I put it on was...roses and jasmine. I got the miniture bottle and the box it came in is cute, the bottle is an old fashion screw top with no pump so its easy to spill. Not very impressed.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2005 12:54:00 PM More reviews by leonie_au

Tried Diorissimo for the first time recently when I received a miniature bottle in a gift set. Not a fan of it at all and its scent reminds me of old-fashioned perfumes my grandmother used to wear. My mum would probably like this one for the Lily of the Valley notes though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2005 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Artifical4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I mostly review perfumes I cannot stop wearing and this is not exception . It is the best Lily of the Valley ever. Smooth as a summer day , correct as one can be. It makes me feel like the woman I am,it is the right kind of sexy . Inoccent & sweet yet???Who knows what is to be coming in the future. I would wear this to a wedding or my wedding(I did not)on a date. Or if in the company of the right noncompetive woman, for lunch. A devine perfume

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2005 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Tistock

I LOVELOVELOVE this fragrance, but haven't purchased it since high school. Why? Driving in the car with my Dad one day he says, "sniff, sniff, what's that sour smell?" Oh man, is there no God? It turns to vinegar on me. But for you? Probably great!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2005 6:42:00 PM More reviews by cristiana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While Trish McEvoy #4 Gardenia Musk is my HG daytime fragrance, this is my evening and/or special occasion fragrance. I find it sophisticated; it's an unusual floral based on lily of the valley. Staying power is so good that sometimes I worry I've overdone it. I know I'll never get through an entire bottle, so I'm slightly annoyed with having to pay full price, but that's not really a flaw in the product. I did find a $15 mini perfume, which I may buy next time, but I'm wary of non-spray perfumes as I find it hard to apply the correct amount. UPDATE: I'm shocked at the staying power comments on the EDT! I find this a very strong fragrance that I can smell all day - maybe just my chemistry.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2005 1:57:00 PM More reviews by lilypaddles

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the scent of lilies, but usually the big white oriental/Easter type lilies. This is predominately a lily of the valley scent ... those more delicate small white flowers. This is my favorite LOV fragrance, because it's sweetened a bit by other florals (lilac, jasmine) and is a really feminine scent. I get no dominant sandalwood or musk on the drydown, so it's well hidden. If someone were to ask for the best LOV perfume, this would be it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2005 4:33:00 PM More reviews by ayala

Diorissimo is the essence of spring, and as its genius creator Roudniska has said, it captures the scent of the flowers as well as the natural atomsphere where the little modest flowers grow - green foliage and damp and chilly forest floor.

Diorissimo evokes an instantly cheerful mood and a happy and positive attitude as soon as it delights with its presence. It radiates a certain pure and youthfully innocent quality that makes it a perfect scent for initiating young girls into the world of perfumery, and perhaps even seducing them into a premature wedding with its intoxicating and euphoric scent.

As an Eau de Toilette, Diorissimo is a soliflore lily of the valley, in fact the only one that I smelled so far that captures the scent of the crisp little white bells without smelling headily synthetic and develop into a flat, shallow nuisance on the skin.

In the Eau de Toilette I can smell mostly the galbanum, boronia and jasmine, all in a supporting role to the heady scent of freshly picked lily of the valley.

The pure parfum, however, has a more deep and less single-floral feel to it. The rose and jasmine are more dominant and the boronia works really well in accentuating the green and fresh spring qualities. I have also detected certain amount of oakmoss in the base. It is very subtle - but I think it does what it needs to do. I used to like the EDT much better, abut now I prefer the parfum.

Top notes: Green Glabanum notes
Heart notes: Lilly of the Valley, Boronia, Calyx, Rose
Base notes: Jasmine, Sandalwood, Civet

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2005 3:41:00 AM More reviews by sooyang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is one of the best scent i've smelled so far!!
it came out in 1950's but it's still wearable(well, that's the reason why it's still around =p). I thought that all old perfumes would smell too heavy and in a way granny-like (e.g. chanel no.5 and shalimar) but i can wear this scent and still smell like a 20 year old. Diorissimo is elegant, feminine, clean, pure, refreshing and comforting in a way that no modern fragrance is. I also like how the scent is so simple but complex at the same time; it just makes me want to smell it again and again. at first i was hesitant to try this because jasmin usually gets me sick but this one isn't heady at all. Although Im giving this 5 lippies, im not really satisfied with the packaging. the bottle looks too plain for this gorgeous, classic scent. And the price. it should come down a little!! But overall, this is a great jasmin-lily of the valley fragrance and i'll buy this again despite the packaging and the price.