New York Color Smooth Skin loose powder - Translucent

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/30/2010 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wanted to love it but it totally makes me break out. I have used this maybe seven times and every time end up with bumps on my nose. I don't have sensitive skin or acne prone skin either but I must be allergic to some ingredient. Despite the breakouts it works fine at setting makeup and giving a light matte finish.

on 11/23/2009 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I canot expres how much i love this product i always come back to this

on 11/20/2009 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

The way to avoid getting this product to be so messy is to NOT pull back the entire sticker that is held on top of the product. I did this and just tap a bit on the inside lid and swirl it around with my eco tools kabuki brush, apply it over my foundation and it works really well at setting your make up. This product is very cheap too, I got it at pharma plus for $3.29 and would definitely buy it again, however this stuff will last me forever so maybe I won't need to. I was going to get the MAC prep and prime powder, but decided to try this out since it's so cheap first and I am glad that I did.

on 11/5/2009 7:26:00 PM

I really like this loose powder. It would be my HG except I find that I really like MACs better. The only problem I have with it is that its so messy. I loose a lot of product when I open and close the lid. It does have a light color to it so it isnt totally transparent. And it really hurts when you drop it on your foot! One lippie off because it really isnt completely translucent

on 10/20/2009 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oh my goodness, who knew that i would like this product, and only for $2-$3 !!!! I only gave it 4 lippies cause for one the sifter is INSANE, so messy but i can bare with it, and 2 it wasnt as translucent as i was hoping for it to be, it made me a bit pale at times, i remember i had it during the summer one time and i was really tanned, putting this on made me look whiter. Not so bad, i like this product though, i used it a couple of time under my eyes to set my concealer since it was lighter , also i used this powder for the fall-out technique, when you place it around your eyes, works like a charm!

on 10/20/2009 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

New York Color (NYC) Loose Translucent Powder:

I paid $2.56 for this loose powder. I actually like this much better than some high end loose powders.

I typically use any of the following: Shiseido Enriched Loose Powder, Laura Mercier Translucent Powder or Coastal Scents Silica Powder. At times I used Bare Minerals Mineral Veil.

Let me clarify, I am not comparing the NYC to any of the powders I listed above - just giving you a general idea of what my standards of a good loose powder are.

Back to NYC. So far so good. The finish is not overly powdery, light finish, truly translucent and cheap. The powder lasts and does not absorb right into my skin.

I didn't use the sponge that it came with to apply. I save my Shiseido poufs to apply all powders or use a powder brush. The container looks kinda cheap but who cares if it gets the job done! I like this a lot better than the popular Coty Airspun powder. For drugstore NYC Loose Translucent Powder rivals some of the high end options out there.

UPDATE: Be careful if you are dry this powder will really enhance the texture of your skin.

on 8/21/2009 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought this product a while ago, and then somehow it got in the trash my accident when I was doing a clean out.
I love the price, and I find it's really finely milled and translucent. It sets my foundation well, and I put a little bronzer overtop. It's great!
Comes in 2 colours- translucent and beige I think?
My skin gets pretty oily when I put foundation on- I used to only set with bronzer which was a bad idea because that made me super oily!
But other than that I love it... obviously the packaging is bad.. the pink spongy thing is hilarious! Who's going to use that thing? hahahaha... Use a huge brush, get some product on it, swirl, and tap. It's great!
Always use moisturizer under it though. With primer, my skin is flawless!

Edit..
Makes me look pretty powdery- Good for the winter

on 8/18/2009 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This clogged my pores and I got a breakout from this product. I wouldnt ever recommend this product for someone with acne prone skin. I can believe that this product accually has some positive reviews when I absoulutly hate it.

on 8/9/2009 7:48:00 PM

Awesome powder. When I use it, my makeup stays all day on my oil-slick face. It is translucent too. I was worried about it looking white/pasty on my light olive skin, but it is true to its color, or lack thereof. It gives me a true matte face and I love it! It's so cheap and always on sale. I recommend it and it is a staple in my makeup case. The only downside is it is a little messy though. The powder really comes out of the sifter so you have to keep it upright. I use the BE approach and pour a little into the cover, and then use it from there. It is probably not that portable, but they have a convenient compact that also works just as well. I have both and keep the compact in my purse and the jar in my bathroom. Worth a try!

on 8/3/2009 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I absolutely love the price. I wish all powders are less than 2 dollars. So for the price the quality is pretty good. It gives a nice sheer coverage. Be careful when applying because when you put too much it can look really powdery. I wouldn't suggest this for those that have really oily skin because it can absorb in a matter of minutes. I would buy it again if I really have to but for me, I wouldn't pick as an HG.