The Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balm

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Not worth its expensive price! They smell amazing but these lippy balms are incredibly ineffective. If I have flaky lips, they just sit on those flakes--so gross. The consistency is very creamy and so it matches poorly with the packaging, you will have leftovers on your fingers and wiping them off on your jeans. Adds a sheer color and shine, which is nice... but overall fails at its purpose. I usually apply it just for the smell, which people compare to candy.

I have this in mango peach. I don't like the plastic-y smell, reminds me of my barbie dolls :/ Taste isn't all that nice either... Texture kinda sticky and the product is to deep into the jar, I always end up with some under my fingernails.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

i have this in the satsuma scent...the color is really nice and i like the shimmer, and it goes on really well. like others have said, its really not a balm because its so drying, but i can deal with it. the pot doesn't bother me really, and i looove the scent. i got this as a gift but i think i'd buy it again if i used it up.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I like the creaminess of this product. I have the watermelon one and the color is lovely and it shows up on my lips. I have to say if youre looking for a really moisturizing lip butter,this isnt it BUT its pretty fantastic in other aspects.

I bought the Born Lippy lip balm in Satsuma Shimmer and really loved it. It is a little sticky but looks really great on the lips- a lovely glossy effect with subtle shimmer. It also has a light summery fragrance.The shimmer makes it look really nice- got a lot of compliments for this one. Could do with better packaging though....plus it doesnt really have any moisturising effect.

i think this product is great !

not the most mosturising balm but the smell/colour/texture is lovely and for the price its worth it.

I have this in new pink guava scent.
It smells lovely, lasts for a while and looks very nice and glossy.
However the feel of it is not very smooth, feels rather weird...
Not wonderful at moisturising too. Also it tastes kinda strange , bitter and sweet at the same time, not in a very pleasant way. I wont repurchase this particular balm.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I've got this in cool mint and i love it! :)
it just leaves a tingling effect on yr lip after applyin and it is soooooo great.
It MIGHT NOT last really long, but for me it lasted for maybe 1-2 hrs?

yeap, awesome deal! would repurchase again!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

i dont like this product. got this in Raspberry. doesnt moisturize my lips & the texture of this lipbalm is icky.. i'm not a fan of it..
nice sheer pinky red color.. leaves white stuff around my mouth after using it.. def. not a good look.

i ended up giving this to my bestie, she likes the color & the smell..

I like this lip balm, ( if you can call it that, to me a balm is more solid, its more like a gel!) i have it in raspberry and melon. However i wouldnt buy it again,
PRO'S:- Smells lovely, Feels nice when applied
CON'S:- Pot is too small, keep losing it and its hard to get product out when you have nail extensions like me! Doesnt last long on lips and isnt overly moisturising! I do like the fact that it leaves a nice gloss on lips tho- maybe it would be good over a lipstick, to give a nice sheen? Would not buy again but will continue to use these balms till they are gone - but i reckon that will be quite some time as these seem to last forever!

Popular Lip Treatments