April 21, 2014 | 1265 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Born Lippy Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2009 8:36:00 AM More reviews by happy011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've got this in cool mint and i love it! :)
it just leaves a tingling effect on yr lip after applyin and it is soooooo great.
It MIGHT NOT last really long, but for me it lasted for maybe 1-2 hrs?

yeap, awesome deal! would repurchase again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by misz93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i dont like this product. got this in Raspberry. doesnt moisturize my lips & the texture of this lipbalm is icky.. i'm not a fan of it..
nice sheer pinky red color.. leaves white stuff around my mouth after using it.. def. not a good look.

i ended up giving this to my bestie, she likes the color & the smell..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2009 2:41:00 PM More reviews by lou4k6

I like this lip balm, ( if you can call it that, to me a balm is more solid, its more like a gel!) i have it in raspberry and melon. However i wouldnt buy it again,
PRO'S:- Smells lovely, Feels nice when applied
CON'S:- Pot is too small, keep losing it and its hard to get product out when you have nail extensions like me! Doesnt last long on lips and isnt overly moisturising! I do like the fact that it leaves a nice gloss on lips tho- maybe it would be good over a lipstick, to give a nice sheen? Would not buy again but will continue to use these balms till they are gone - but i reckon that will be quite some time as these seem to last forever!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2009 10:45:00 PM More reviews by migzy007

I have mine in raspberry.
Pro: it smells so good and it makes my lips soft.
Con: doesn't last long and it leaves white stuff all over my lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 8:51:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lip balm smells so good and tastes like cherries. The coloring gives your lips a little hint of color to them. The only thing I do not like is having to dip my fingers in it. Ugh! I hate that I lost it, I may re purchase it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by bubbleyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it taste good and smells good but it only stays on your lips for 5minutes! hence leaving it all dry and cracked lips. it costed me 15$NZ which was a ok price but a rip off for what its worth. i dont like pots after i smeared the lip gloss on me i didnt know where to wipe it coz i never have any tissues with me lol.
i wouldnt buy it again

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2009 8:31:00 AM More reviews by xxcrissy

This looks great as a gloss but if you want to moisturize your lips this is NOT the product to use. I've found it quite drying, and is not recommended to wear during winter. When I first bought it a few months ago I thought it was a balm, so I slathered layers on before going out. But then after a few hours my lips started to crack and it was painful and didn't look very attractive. Also, pots aren't very convenient and I hate the feeling it leaves on your finger afterwards.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by reallychelseawow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this and hate it.
Basically pros:
shiny with a nice colour and sparkle
smells nice
tastes nice
Body shop is a nice company so those perks
Cons:
I hate pots!
Slips and slides
NOT a balm.
Costly for such a small amount

All in all a nice lip gloss, crap balm.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by ksuey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got the raspberry, strawberry and watermelon as a gift.

First thing's first, this is not a balm - it is NOT moisturizing. Actually, I found it quite drying. I suppose it's not that big of a problem though if you wear a REAL lip balm under.

As for the colours, they're pretty pigmented and add a wonderful shine to your lips. I really love layering them on different lipsticks to bring out a colour or add a different dimension.
ie: the watermelon balm is GREAT for bringing out the centre of your lip, or muting a colour so it is not as bright.

A big plus is they smell awesome, they really do.

As for the packaging, I HATE pots. I always feel like a lot of the product gets caught on my nail / pots are unsanitary / my finger has gloss residue on it afterwards :(.

These are wonderful lip GLOSSES. If you appreciate colour and yummy flavours then sure, get them. Just be warned that they are not 'balms' .

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2009 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Gimferrer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is bad... I saw a review with 3 stars and I though: Uh?. I got this as a Christmas stocking filler and what a disappointment...The balm is useless , doesn't moisture, doesn't nourish the lips, the shine is inexistent and the smell is disgusting. I had 3 different ones and now they all are as a Swap goodies ;) and from The Body Shop I can imagine this doesn't come cheap either. Go and buy vaseline in strawberry instead !!