November 22, 2014 | 1166 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Stiletto

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

I dont know why there are so many bad reviews? This mascara isnt the best, but it certainly isnt the worst! Like some of the other reviewers said, this stuff wont clump (if you know how to apply mascara properly) and you can really build up the layers. Ive never had this smudge or flake, it makes my lashes look awesome. The only cons I can think of is it smells really chemically, and its a pretty wet formula. I only say I wont repurchase because I like to try out a lot of different mascaras. Once the three months is up I move on to the next!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by rosek514

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

idk why this product has such bad reviews! i love this mascara!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 5:00:00 AM More reviews by Sweetcakez

I love this mascara! I have tiny little asian lashes so I need length and volume.
Pros:
*really cheap
*buildable
*holds curl
*smooth application
*long lasting
Cons:
*not that much volume
*hard to remove even with eye makeup remover

Recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by HaseenaWazir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have fairly long lashes but they're lacking in thickness and while this is a lengthening mascara I do wish it added a little more volume. You have to build up about 3 or 4 layers in order to get decent length as well. I also noticed it smells a bit stronger than other mascaras but to me that's not a huge deal. I might buy this again but I still prefer L'Oreal Telescopic to this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

True rating: 3.5. This is a decent mascara, but definitely not my favorite. I love the packaging and the shape of the brush. The length of the brush is great and the bristles are spaced perfectly to distribute an even amount of product onto your lashes. I get decent length and lift with this, but not a ton of volume. Not false-looking lashes, but alright for everyday. The formula is pretty wet, but not too heavy. I don't have issues with this flaking or smearing down my face throughout the day, which is always a plus. This mascara does have a weird, strong, floral smell, but its never bothered me too much. Overall, this did its job, but I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by devilxluv

this mascara really lengthens my lashes and doesnt clump alot. its good for natural looks but one thing i hate about it is the smell, nothing i couldnt stand though

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2012 8:01:00 PM More reviews by claudyaaa

I usually don't hate mascaras, but I LOATHE this. I have pretty decent lashes. I don't need a typical HG mascara, so usually when I go to the store, I pick up whatever mascara, w/o looking up reviews or anything. This didn't grab onto my lashes one bit. Some say it's great for a "natural" look. You're better off not wearing any mascara. I swear, this made my lashes look LESS visible. I didn't even know how that is possible. But yeah, I don't recommend this at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by itsAmybby

Clearly, a majority of these 'low rating's are coming from people who cannot apply mascara properly or pack of the layers. Personally, I love this mascara. I'm a huge skeptic when it comes to mascaras because i always assume they clump within the first 2 coats. You can apply 3-4 coats of this with no clumps whatsoever. The packaging is sleek, cute and practical, looks just like a stiletto heel. Definitely will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It makes your lashes nice and long, but you really need to build up and use a lot. One stroke does not do much to the lashes at all.

It gives a nice long and fluttery effect, but it is quite lacking in volume and thickness. I know it is more of a lengthening mascara but I was disappointed by how thin my lashes look. Even for a lengthening mascara I would expect some thickness but this gives next to nothing.

What I do like is that it stays put very well. No flaking and even the washable stays on overnight, guess it is a dry formula.

The packaging is cute too

Too bad it doesn't give even slightly more volume and thickness, if it was it would have been perfect. But my lashes look disappointingly thin even with a few coats.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Sierra0001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

It gets the job done when I want the really long lashes look, esp. since I barely have any! I reccomend this to anyone, and I really like it.