April 16, 2014 | 2057 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this after seeing a Beauty Broadcast comparing this to Nars Leguna/Orgasm duo. 1) it's $3, 2) I am a sucker for cheap dupes, 3) I am testing out peachy tones on my NW20 skin ... So into my Target cart it went

PROS:
- Cheap
- Does not oxidize
- Shades are pretty
- Contours well
- Peach/pink blush is flattering
- ELF studio is great packaging for the price
CONS:
- Wish Bronzer was matte
- Blush is just a little too shimmer/glitter - requires a light hand

BEST APPLICATION FOR ME:
- Apply Smashbox BB Cream all over - light
- Apply NYX concealer under eyes and on spots - beige
- Apply Tarte gel blush in Flush
- Set the whole thing with CoverGirl TrueBlend #2
- Grab my Elf Studio blush brush - do a light contour with the Bronzer - under cheekbones, down sides of nose, jaw lines, etc
- Lightly using same brush apply blush to apples of cheeks sweeping to temple
- Apply a very light dusting of elf hd powder
- Grab my elf kabuki brush (clean) and blend, blend, blend

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by prettycunning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Awful. Big old chunks of glitter in both the blush and the bronzer, not at all a subtle shimmer like I was hoping.

Honestly I am not a big fan of glitter and really don't believe it belongs on the cheeks, so this is an absolute no-no for me. I hated it! The bronzer looks like glittery dirt and does not blend well at all, and the blush just gives these ugly clumps of glitter with no colour pay-off.

I really want to like products from elf because of the low prices and no animal testing, but the majority of the products that I have tried from them so far have been utter failures in my eyes. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Saw this at Winners for $7CAD. I have read decent things about the ELF blushes and thought I'd give it a go. Both the blush and bronzer are decently pigmented. The blush is a peachy tone with shimmer, and the bronzer actually applies bronzy, not orange, but again with shimmer. The packaging is nice, it is sturdy and similar to the NARS duo sets. I'm not crazy over the product, but I'm glad I picked it up. I love trying new lines and new shades out, especially when it's for a good price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by luverchick

i have had this duo for so long now and i havent hit pan yet cuz i dont use it as often...however it is pretty darn good....both the blush and bronzer are very pigmented but im not the kind that likes very shimery face products and thats why i only use it once in a while

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

I don't get the hype of this product. It's full of shimmer! First time I tried this, I used the blush and my boyfriend noticed "why is there glitter on your face?!"... Not good, definitely not good.
Both the blush and the bronzer have shimmer in, and no it is not fine, it is very much noticeable goldeny particles. If you don't mind that, then you might like this - the shades themselves are nice and blend easily The blush is a peachy pink (more pink on me), and the bronzer is not orange-looking and can work well on fair skins if you are light handed and blend well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

One word, AMAZING! I needed a new bronzer, my physicians formula one broke and shattered all over the place. It was kind of expensive for a drugstore product so I figured I'd check out some other companies. I was in target and saw this and bought it.First of all the price is incredible. I got mine for 3 dollars. In my personal opinion, it's just as good as the Nars blushes and bronzers which are like 30 dollars with tax. The texture of both the blush and bronzer is so smooth, very easy to blend out, not chalky or dusty feeling. The color of the bronzer is quite dark which is perfect for my tan skin. The blush is beautiful peachy pink that looks beautiful on my skin tone as well. The blush is a bit shimmery but it's not like chunky annoying glitter. The bronzer barely has any shimmer from what I can see. If it does it's very little. The packaging is a slim black compact with a nice sized mirror. Doesn't take up too much room in my makeup bag and it's quite durable. I've dropped it already and it made it out alive. I am very pleased with this. For the money you get amazing quality. Elf is one of my new favorite companies now! Definitely worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 5:39:00 AM More reviews by spookibelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this in St. Lucia, since it's the lightest shade, and I hadn't had good luck with actual bronzers before (as opposed to darker face powders). I like the colours a lot, I think they feel nice, blend well and complement each other. The only thing I could do without is the shimmer, but I don't really notice it on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Musa15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a perfect contour/bronzer color for my NC25-30 skin. Love it and use it much more than my Nars Laguna bronzer. The blush is good for a more natural look, but isn't as impressive as the contour color, regardless it's $3 and the packaging is sleek and slim!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Yamiek

I heard so much about this product so I decided to try it. The blush is very shimmery but is a very nice peachy color, sadly it does not look good with my skin tone. I've never been one to use bronzer but if I was I wouldn't use this one, again it's shimmery and very dark but blends well into your skin. I wouldn't get this again because I don't use it but i can see why some people would

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Jasmine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

One of the very few products that I have hit pan and will be repurchasing! This is my go-to contour powder. Easy to use, blendable and the color is buildable. The only thing that I would want E.L.F to improve on is the blush part. I don't understand whether they want it as a blush or a highlighter. Make up your mind, ELF. If you want it as a blush, can you make it more pigmented and less shimmery? If it's a highlighter, better make it less glittery since it's an in-between highlighter for me.

Over-all, very cheap but very good product!