July 25, 2014 | 972 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by juelzmain22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First let me say that if you are not aware then you really need to get with the program. ELF CAME OUT WITH NEW SHADES FOR THIS. I repurchased the original duo as well as the 2 new shades (and another backup for those two) So in total I have six of these so I should be set for a very long time. I love each and every one of these duo's sooo sooo much. I can use the bronzer in each one at different times of the year and I am around an NW45, mufe mat velvet #75. I actually use the antigua duo the most, practically everyday and my boyfriend loves when I wear this. He's always like your cheeks are so rosy and sexy ^_^. HA!! All of these duo's have a shimmer with antigua being the duo with the most noticeable of shimmer. Ilike it personally because when i'm out in the sun it looks amazing. I use a stipple brush to apply the blush and an angled blush brush for the bronzer. I have noticed the blush wears off long before the bronzer does and it can sometimes be a bit powdery and for that I took off a lippie. I love contoured cheek bones but I still want my blush to balance out the look. St.lucia (the original color) is a peachy blush and a golden tan bronzer, antigua is a hot pink blush (very blendable though) and a mocha darker bronzer, turks and caicos is a mauvy rose blush (LOVE IT!!) with a chocolate red undertoned bronzer (the darkest of the 3). Each one is unique and how i like to use them is st lucia in the summer for a glow, turks and caicos in the fall and sometimes the winter nad antigua in the spring. The packaging is really sturdy also, i find that opening it constantly does loosen up the compact and it can just flip open easily after sometime but it still snaps hsut and is great for travel. The mirror is huge and great for in the car. Its just na overall nice product for only $3. You can't go wrong!!!

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by jencypark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This blush/bronzer duo is the perfect product with an amazing price tag. I absolutely love the bronzer which is great for all over color/slight contouring. I have always wanted to try Nars Laguna bronzer but it seems that this one is very very similar. The color of the blush in this duo is gorgeous as well...though the ELF blushes are not as long wearing as high end blushes in my oily skin. This compact is great for traveling because I can use these colors everyday for most looks and because the packaging is pretty sturdy and nice for the price; they didn't skimp out on the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I own Nars Orgasm and imho, it's not THAT great of a dupe but this is comparable and great on its own. At first I was frightened because when I applied it, it looked so strong on my face! So you need a light hand with this and a little goes a long way. Perhaps a stippling brush? I dab some on my hand before applying on my cheeks. I always get compliments on my makeup wearing this! I have a fat round face and I get the appearance that I have cheekbones. For $3, this is a great product, and I hope they never stop making it. Compared to years ago ELF has been stepping up their game with their products.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by jwong32

This is often touted as a dupe for the NARS orgasm and Laguna duo, but since I've never used NARS products, I can't speak to that. However, I would say that this product is really nice. I mainly use the blush, and even though it looks shimmery in the package it comes out a very nice color on the cheeks. I usually have trouble with blushes (the color never shows up!) and this is one that I can depend on daily. It's looks natural and understated so it works well for school and work. In addition, it's really inexpensive and not tested on animals; definitely worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 6:02:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

First of all, I want to tell you that I bought this product because beauty bloggers were calling this product- the E.L.F. contouring blush and bronzing powder a dupe for the famous (and one of my all time favorites) NARS Orgasm and Laguna Blush Duo (which I already own). One cost $3 and the other cost about $40, so I really wanted to buy this to see how it compares! Here is what I found:
Let's talk about the Blush first. It's a peachy color with a slight touch of pink and quite a bit of tiny gold shimmer (NOT glitter, but shimmer) to round it off. I'm not a fan of anything glittery (as I am no longer 8 years old) but this blush does not give the look of glitter but rather a slight glow after everything is applied and blended. Just a note: when applying, make sure to tap the excess product off your brush before applying. This is also good as a highlighter, if I may add. For me it is not so pigmented though buildable for 2-3 swipes. Personally, the blush part is really hard for me to wear, maybe of my skin tone. Though I can recommend this to ladies with fair skin and will surely give a beautiful glow on their cheeks. If ever I wan't to use the blush part, I combined it with the bronzer. To give a little bit of color to show on my face
Now onto the Bronzer... The bronzer is a light-medium tan color with a hint of gold shimmer (the exact shimmer in the blush). I can say that both my sister (olive skin) and I (fair skin) had luck with this bronzer and it looked beautiful on both skin tones! I also love how it looked when I contoured my face with it (using my thinner smashbox bronzing brush). Unlike the blush in this set, the bronzer is really pigmented, which is why I believe it looks good on all skin tones because you can blend it to lighten the tan or build it for a deeper tan! I also love how it's forgiving and pretty fool proof also... very easy to apply and blendable. Note that, because the bronze color is so pigmented, be sure to tap excess product and make sure to apply the product on your face with a light hand. We all know that it's ALWAYS easier to apply more if needed than it is to take back or remove what gets applied (i hope that makes sense! Lastly, I wanted to add- if you worry of having a glittery face because of the gold shimmer, do not worry at all. When it is applied, you can't see it hardly at all. After you are done blending, it will look smoothe and the shimmer will make your skin look dewy with a light glow- in the best way possible.

Recap on the PROS:

ULTRA affordable at $3 for the set - 2 Shades in 1 compact, duo - Sturdy and sleek looking packaging - The bronzer is pigmented - Both blush and bronzer are buildable - Gold shimmer allows both the blush and bronzer to be used to contour - The product is easy to blend - I love the big mirror inside the compact - Generous amounts of both blush and bronzer - Can look good on ALL skin tones with little a little work and manipulation - Will hold all day (8 hours) without needing touchups -

Recap on the CONS:

-The blush doesnt suit everyones skintone - The blush is not pigmented - The powder is not well pressed on the pan, so it comes loose and attaches way more product on my brush than what is needed - Much wasted product from having to tap all the excess product on my brush - E.L.F. cosmetic selection is very limited in stores - Very few stores even carry the brand, must be ordered on-line - Their online orders can take up to 6 weeks to arrive at your door - The quality is by no means, NARS quality - It only comes in ONE duo color, and no more -

Overall, this E.L.F. duo was a HIT! I loved both the shades of blush and bronzer on my fair skin tone. This product works on darker skin tones, you just have to manipulate it and build it until it suits you well. I love how inexpensive this product is, and even if it takes a long time to get shipped- its still worth it, being so inexpensive. Now the real question... Will I stop purchasing my beloved NARS and substitute their duo, for the E.L.F duo? Absolutley not! Even though they have many of the same qualities, I know I will always reach for my NARS first. With that being said, I will re-purchase the E.L.F duo when I run out, just to have on hand for use!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

ELF does it again!! Bought this duo in St. Lucia for the bronzer cuz I heard it was a great product to contour with. Honestly, it's amazing for contouring my face because its a natural looking bronze that takes minimal product to get my desired effect. Btw I apply this with my ELF kabuki brush or blush brush when I want more precision. I have a wide, oval shaped face and contouring is an essential for me since it slims and adds definition to my face. The blush IMO is too sheer and takes way more effort than necessary to get any semblance of color, so I took a lippy off for that. Ladies, if you're learning how to contour or in the market for a summer bronzer, this is it! Ill repurchase definitely. Be aware that the color is very dark looking in the pan, but if you buff and blend it correctly, it looks natural and glowy- I have NC25 skin for reference.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by majesticax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have found other blushes and bronzer, I do not like this at all. BUt that is just my personal preference

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2013 5:02:00 AM More reviews by judy46970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like the blush well enough, but I hate the bronzer-way too dark!! I will probably buy E.L.F.'s regular powder blush next time. It's a waste to get the bronzer.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by xoxoskylar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely HATE the bronzer. It makes my face look dark && dirty. I love the blush though,((:

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by louisamakeup

I have this in the colour Antigua, and it's superpigmented! The bronzer is probably two or three shades too dark for my skin tone, but if i'm blending it out well it's not a big problem. I gave this a 4/5 because it's really powdery, and very messy. I would definitely recommend this though :)